Combo box - Automate sending email

In Access 97, I'd like to automate sending an email if the status of
"Completed" is selected from the dropdown list.  The email would always go to
the same address, basically a notification that the status is complete.

Thanks,

Mary

I'd also like to include in the subject or message body the value in one
field on the form if possible.

"Mary" wrote:

> In Access 97, I'd like to automate sending an email if the status of
> "Completed" is selected from the dropdown list.  The email would always go to
> the same address, basically a notification that the status is complete.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mary
try going to this webpage; http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email.htm
but you should be using SendObject function... here is pretty good sample here
http://www.blueclaw-db.com/docmd_sendobject_example.htm

"Mary" wrote:

> I'd also like to include in the subject or message body the value in one
> field on the form if possible.
>
> "Mary" wrote:
>
> > In Access 97, I'd like to automate sending an email if the status of
> > "Completed" is selected from the dropdown list.  The email would always go to
> > the same address, basically a notification that the status is complete.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Mary
Thanks, I got SendObject to send the email.  I don't see any reference in the
urls you provided to capture the value in a field on the form. Do you know if
this is possible?

"DrEvil" wrote:

> try going to this webpage; http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email.htm
> but you should be using SendObject function... here is pretty good sample here
> http://www.blueclaw-db.com/docmd_sendobject_example.htm
>
> "Mary" wrote:
>
> > I'd also like to include in the subject or message body the value in one
> > field on the form if possible.
> >
> > "Mary" wrote:
> >
> > > In Access 97, I'd like to automate sending an email if the status of
> > > "Completed" is selected from the dropdown list.  The email would always go to
> > > the same address, basically a notification that the status is complete.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Mary
this should work...
   DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , , "someone@somewhere.com", , , "some
subject", Forms!NameofYourForm!NameofYourControl

"Mary" wrote:

> Thanks, I got SendObject to send the email.  I don't see any reference in the
> urls you provided to capture the value in a field on the form. Do you know if
> this is possible?
>
> "DrEvil" wrote:
>
> > try going to this webpage; http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email.htm
> > but you should be using SendObject function... here is pretty good sample here
> > http://www.blueclaw-db.com/docmd_sendobject_example.htm
> >
> > "Mary" wrote:
> >
> > > I'd also like to include in the subject or message body the value in one
> > > field on the form if possible.

This works great, thanks!

One last question......if the user changes their mind and doesn't want to
send the email, clicking "No" at the prompt causes some error messages they
have to click out of.  What error handling code can I add that will all them
to click Yes but simply quit running the code if they select No.

Thanks again,
Mary

"DrEvil" wrote:

> this should work...
>    DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , , "someone@somewhere.com", , , "some
> subject", Forms!NameofYourForm!NameofYourControl
>

> "Mary" wrote:
>
> > Thanks, I got SendObject to send the email.  I don't see any reference in the
> > urls you provided to capture the value in a field on the form. Do you know if
> > this is possible?
> >
> > "DrEvil" wrote:
> >
> > > try going to this webpage; http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email.htm
> > > but you should be using SendObject function... here is pretty good sample here
> > > http://www.blueclaw-db.com/docmd_sendobject_example.htm

I don't get any yes/no pop ups, it simply displays email ready to be sent but
you could include something like this;

Dim LResponse As Integer

LResponse = MsgBox("Do you wish to continue?", vbYesNo, "Continue")

If LResponse = vbYes Then
  DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , , "someone@somewhere.com", , , "some
 subject", Forms!NameofYourForm!NameofYourControl

Else
    exit sub
End If

hope that helps

Amir

"Mary" wrote:

> This works great, thanks!
>
> One last question......if the user changes their mind and doesn't want to
> send the email, clicking "No" at the prompt causes some error messages they
> have to click out of.  What error handling code can I add that will all them
> to click Yes but simply quit running the code if they select No.
>
> Thanks again,
> Mary
>
> "DrEvil" wrote:
>
> > this should work...
> >    DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , , "someone@somewhere.com", , , "some
> > subject", Forms!NameofYourForm!NameofYourControl
> >

> > "Mary" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks, I got SendObject to send the email.  I don't see any reference in the
> > > urls you provided to capture the value in a field on the form. Do you know if
> > > this is possible?

Where can I view email voting buttons tracking in Outlook 2007
Outlook 2003 used to have a tracking tab on the sent email which included all recipients voting reponses in one place. I can not find this tracking tab/section on Outlook 2007 you should have a tracking button on the open sent item - left side of the ribbon, in the area where the Send button was. You won't see it until there is something to track. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly...

List box
I am trying to use the list box function from the control toolbar. I am not sure how to get the listings I want in the list box. Is there certain VB coding that is needed? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. Todd No VBA code needed. In Design mode, click on your list box and select Properties from the Control toolbox (or right-click your list box and select Properties), then scroll down to the ListFillRange Property and indicate the cell range address that has the items you want to appear in the box (i.e., A1:A10). Then exit out of design mode and test your list box. MRO "Tod...

how do i view different mail boxes
I have set up different email accounts in outlook 2000. How do I choose which mail box I view when I go to outlook? btoonhoule <btoonhoule@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have set up different email accounts in outlook 2000. How do I > choose which mail box I view when I go to outlook? Using IMO or C/W mode? -- Brian Tillman ...

Concatenate Multi-Select List Box Items
I need to use the chosen items in a multi-select List Box as concatenated text in another control on a subform. This text will be part of a large amount of concatenated text. How do I do this? I did find info here about using such items in a query but it was way over my head and I couldn't figure out how to convert that idea to this issue so please don't just refer me to that w/o some other explanation for this novice. For example, if the user selects: Frt Bumper, Grille, & Headlamp in the List Box, I want to then somehow concatenate those selections into a sente...

Cannot Send PDF Email For Anything!
My setup is as follows on about 7 computers: 1 Server: Windows 2003 Server RC2 w/ Adobe Acrobat 9 Extended Send to PDF not working. After choosing send to PDF on screen output, nothing happens. 2 Clients: Windows 2003 Server RC2 w/ Adobe Acrobat 9 Extended Send to PDF not working. After choosing send to PDF on screen output, nothing happens. 1 Client: Windows 2003 Server RC2 w/ Adobe Acrobat 7 Professional Send to PDF crashes GP! 2 Client: Windows XP w/ Adobe Acrobat 7 Professional or 9 Extended Send to PDF not working. After choosing send to PDF on screen output, nothing happens. 1 Cl...

Email tracking does it require Exchange?
My company does not use MS Exchange is this a requirement to automatically track emails in crm? At the moment I can only link emails to crm manually. Any ideas? Yes in CRM 3.0 and no in CRM 4.0 Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Jan 8, 1:13=A0pm, abagnoud <abagn...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My company does not use MS Exchange is this a requirement to automatically= > track emails in crm? > > At the moment I can only link emails to crm manually. Any ideas? THank you dave "Darren Liu" wrote: > Yes in CRM 3.0 and no in...

Filtering a combo box using a combo box
All, I am trying to filter the records from a table displayed in a combo box using a combo box on the same form. I built a query and set the criteria as Me![FormName]![Combo_box]. This allowed me to filter the list, but it did not do exactly what I wanted. When the first combo box is blank, the second one is also blank. Is there anyway I can get the second combo box to display all of the records when the first box is blank? Thank you for your help. Regards, John Try a criteria in the second combo of: Like Forms!YourFormName!Combo1Name & "*" -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http:/...

Emails still stuck in Outbox Outlook 2007 SP2
Emails still keep getting stuck in the Outbox in Outlook 2007 SP2. When is Microsoft ever going to fix this bug? In the past I've always heard it blamed on plug-ins but my install is very clean (minimal software installed on this computer). If I exit Outlook completely and then restart, then the email will send. I'm using an IMAP account. If there is some interaction with some stealthy plug-in causing this, then Microsoft should be able to issue a patch to detect proper use/timing of the send queue... at least display an error or something. "scorpionleather" ...

When i read an email in outlook, why will it not show as read?
Depends on how you configured Outlook to mark messages as read in the preview pane. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, bingobones asked: >-----Original Message----- > >. >You have to configure this. In Outlook, go to Tools, click Options, then click the Reading tab. Click on the box that says "Tell me when all messages have been ...

How to use SFO to create Appointments/Tasks/Emails for a CASE
Is there a way to use SFO's buttons for CRM Appointment/Task/Email's and link them to an existing CASE using the Regarding button? No, this is only possible in the web client. This capability will be added in MSCRM 2005. -- Alex Simons Director of Program Management Microsoft CRM ------------------------- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Sam Marashi" <Sam Marashi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

colour change of dated box

email server 05-27-10
how do i find out what my email server is It's usually what is after the @ sign in your address. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "kyle valle" <kyle valle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19102D3B-F4DF-4BD1-8C02-451F80E8030D@microsoft.com... > how do i find out what my email server is Your email account provider has that information. They should have a help page on their website. If you tell us who provides your email account, perhaps someone can assist you. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail...

2007 Outlook Creating folder when saving a HTML email with attachm
In Outlook 2007, when you open an email that is in HTML format with an attachment and want to save the email and attachment (specifically to a network drive), you click on File, Save As (not Save Attachments), it creates the email message as a HTML document, but there is no attachment in that document. It also creates a new folder in the same network folder the HTML document is in with the same name. The new folder contains 3 files, colorschememapping, file list which show as XML document and a file themedata which shows as Microsoft Office Theme. Is there any way to change t...

Combo Box on Forms
Hi, I am using a combo box on a form that has several items w/ one being Other. If the user selects other I want them to be able to input what they want so that it will go into the table instead of just the "Other". I just am not really sure on how to do that. Can you help? Thanks, Jaime In design view click on VIEW - Properties and the the combo. Then change Limit To List to No. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "jseger22@yahoo.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I am using a combo box on a form that has several items w/ one being > Other. If the use...

Blocking email address
we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so that no one in our organization gets that email. Could anyone tell me how to acheive this? Install an antispam service. Perhaps IMF will allow you to do this. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "ANDY" <ANDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44892250-76C8-418D-9705-DAE7F407A699@microsoft.com... > we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so > that no one in our organization gets that email. Coul...

IMF sending legimate emails to Junk Folder
We are using Exchange 2003 on Server 2003 cluster. We also have IMF in our environment. The problem is: IMF keeps sending company emails to the Junk Folder. 95% of the these that's going to are automated emails from servers or websites. Help? Add the servers' IPs to Connection Filtering global accept list. If they contain a particular keyword in subject/body you can raise their SCL using the custom rating file w/IMF (if you're on Exchange 2003 SP2 - IMF v2 has that feature). -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog --------------------------...

sent box
how do i get the emails in the sent box to show sent to instead of sent from? -- deb deb wrote: > how do i get the emails in the sent box to show sent to instead of sent from? Add/remove whatever columns you want. Right-click on the header row and select Field Chooser. i may have not explained myself too well i dont want to sort by the "to" column i want the header on the email to show "to" not "from" i think the problem might be that this is not the default sent file, its just a folder named "sent" its for my boss, he ha...

Applying Hyperlink in Access Genrated Email
I am trying to apply a hyperlink to an email that is generated out of Access and sent to Outlook The message body needs to say something like this: The Report is now posted on the server: LINK: \\Server\Test I need the \\Server\Test to be hyperlinked above Below is what I have so far On Error GoTo Err_cmdEmail_Click Dim StrTemp As String StrTemp = Format("\\bhihnbwfa01\Groups\HRR_WFA\300_General Employee Data\Org_View", HTML) Can this be done? Dim strDocName As String Dim strEmail As String Dim strMailSubject As String Dim strMsg As St...

Combo Boxes
Someone sent me an Excel document where each of the cells in I1:I312 are combo boxes. When you click off of those cells, the down arrow disappears. The list for the combo boxes are cells AA1 and AB1 (AA1 is New and AB1 is Existing). Please explain how this was done? Also, can you please tell me if it is possible to make New and Existing autocorrect entries. So even though the choices are New and Existing, if you hit N, New appears, and if you hit E, Existing appears. Thanks!! It sounds like Data|Validation. Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVa...

Duplicate emails being sent #3
Oftentimes, when I send ansd email with a distribution of more than a couple addressees, the recipients receive several or more duplicates. I use Outlook 2000 in conjunction with my ISP - Netzero. How can I run a repair on Outlook? What antivirus are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Skip <skipdix@netzero.net> asked: | Oftentimes, when I send ansd email with a distribution of | more than a couple addressees, the recipients receive | several or more du...

how to send to multiple email addresses from Excel
I have an Office 2000 Excel address list containing an email address for each entry. I wish to send a blanket email to everyone in the list. I've tried highlighting all email addresses in the column, but when I select the first address the Outlook Express New Message box for just the first entry appears. I'm pretty new to this, can anyone help? Russ, have a look here http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Tips -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreci...

Edit box should support languages like japanese,chineese etc
Hi wht im trying to ask is.. 1. In my application, all the labels r in english only. 2.If i change the content of one text box in japanese or chineese language , [Text box value is the title for another dialog] 4.After i changed the content, i want the title to be displayed in japanese or chineese language. Note: I want only that text box to be changed ,,not the entire application.. so How can i able to support multibyte characters in MFC controls CEdit --text boxes.. Plz reply They do. You have to be in a Unicode app, and you have to have selected a Unicode font that has Chin...

Separator in combo box
hi, Is it possible to have a line separator in a combo box? I mean something like a separator in menus? thanks, Behzad Try :- http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/zsepcmb.asp http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/customcombo.asp -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com /* MVP tips tricks and essays web site */ http://blog.voidnish.com /* My blog on C++/CLI, MFC, Whidbey, CLR... */ "behzad" <b@b.com> wrote in message news:%23fVB3em5EHA.3368@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > hi, > Is it possible to have a line separator in a combo box? I mean something > like...

Text boxes on graphs
How do you make a text box hide the grid lines behind it on a graph? The grid lines are still visible and run through the text box, cluttering it up. Thanks right-click text box choose -- 'Format Text Box' from shortcut menu colors and lines tab change fill color to white Warm Regards, Crystal remote programming and training Access Basics 8-part free tutorial that covers essentials in Access http://www.AccessMVP.com/strive4peace * (: have an awesome day :) * Drew wrote: > How do you make a text box hide the grid lines behind it on a graph? The > grid line...

Word 2004 help with sending email as body of message
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a Word doc/pdf/htm that I need to send in the BODY of an email message, not as an attachment. I am NOT able to copy/paste, import/export, mail merge....Any suggestions. Seems like this should be Word 101 stuff but I can't figure it out. Would appreciate any and all help...??? Well, which file type is it? You list three. If you have a Word document open, and if Entourage is set as your default e-mail application, you can simply click on File>Send To>Mail Recipient (as HTML). Note that you ...