Coding Problem

I'm using Access 2003. I'm having problems when I try to type some code.
Example, in the click event I code a button to close a form. I'll type docmd.
then the docmd text and dot will turn red. You don't get the dropdown list of
events. If I continue to type close then space the dropdown list appears. But
after I type acf everything disappears. To continue I'll have to type the
orm,. After a few seconds all the text turns red again.

This doesn't happen all the time. One minute everything is fine and the next
the problem is back. I've tried un-installing and re-installing office but
that didn't help.

Anyone have an suggestion.

Thanks,

Paul

Is the cursor jumping to a different position when it turns red? If so, it
could be a problem I had run into where a timer event on a hidden form was
firing and taking focus away from the entry I was making.

pjscott wrote:
>I'm using Access 2003. I'm having problems when I try to type some code.
>Example, in the click event I code a button to close a form. I'll type docmd.
>then the docmd text and dot will turn red. You don't get the dropdown list of
>events. If I continue to type close then space the dropdown list appears. But
>after I type acf everything disappears. To continue I'll have to type the
>orm,. After a few seconds all the text turns red again.
>
>This doesn't happen all the time. One minute everything is fine and the next
>the problem is back. I've tried un-installing and re-installing office but
>that didn't help.
>
>Anyone have an suggestion.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Paul

StrayBullet
4/4/2007 4:30:54 PM
I have one adp database that does have a timer event but it's not the
database I'm currently working on.

When the code is acting weird the cursor does jump around.

Like I said it doesn't happen all the time. I can code one button to close
and everythings find. Code another button to go to the next record and the
code starts acting up.

"StrayBullet via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Is the cursor jumping to a different position when it turns red? If so, it
> could be a problem I had run into where a timer event on a hidden form was
> firing and taking focus away from the entry I was making.
>
> pjscott wrote:
> >I'm using Access 2003. I'm having problems when I try to type some code.
> >Example, in the click event I code a button to close a form. I'll type docmd.
> >then the docmd text and dot will turn red. You don't get the dropdown list of
> >events. If I continue to type close then space the dropdown list appears. But
> >after I type acf everything disappears. To continue I'll have to type the
> >orm,. After a few seconds all the text turns red again.
> >
> >This doesn't happen all the time. One minute everything is fine and the next
> >the problem is back. I've tried un-installing and re-installing office but
> >that didn't help.
> >
> >Anyone have an suggestion.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Paul

Unfortunately, I do not know what else it could be. If I find anything, I
will let you know. Meantime, hopefully someone else will have dealt with this
before and knows a solution.

pjscott wrote:
>I have one adp database that does have a timer event but it's not the
>database I'm currently working on.
>
>When the code is acting weird the cursor does jump around.
>
>Like I said it doesn't happen all the time. I can code one button to close
>and everythings find. Code another button to go to the next record and the
>code starts acting up.
>
>> Is the cursor jumping to a different position when it turns red? If so, it
>> could be a problem I had run into where a timer event on a hidden form was
>[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]
>> >
>> >Paul

StrayBullet
4/4/2007 6:35:54 PM
"I have one adp database that does have a timer event but it's not the
database I'm currently working on."

Are you sure you haven't "borrowed" code from the adp database (as we all do
from time to time) and inadvertently included the timer code?

Answers/posts based on Access 2000

missinglinq
4/4/2007 6:44:55 PM
The only timer event that I was using was in the one adp database. I used
this timer event to display the current time and day on the opening form.

This problem is happening to another tech I work with. She deals with a
totally different adp database.

I've deleted the timer event from the adp just to see if this helps.

Thanks for the replies and have a good evening,

Paul

"missinglinq via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> "I have one adp database that does have a timer event but it's not the
> database I'm currently working on."
>
> Are you sure you haven't "borrowed" code from the adp database (as we all do
> from time to time) and inadvertently included the timer code?
>
> --
> There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
>
> Answers/posts based on Access 2000

Hi Paul,

if the AutoComplete feature doesn't come on while you are coding, press
CTRL-SPACEBAR (I saw this more in Access 2000 than in 2003 -- what
version are you using?)

there are a couple things that seem to disable AutoComplete ...

also, make sure you do not have a space after the dot...

Warm Regards,
Crystal
  *
      (:  have an awesome day  :)
   *
MVP Access
Remote Programming and Training
strive4peace2006 at yahoo.com
   *

pjscott wrote:
> I'm using Access 2003. I'm having problems when I try to type some code.
> Example, in the click event I code a button to close a form. I'll type docmd.
> then the docmd text and dot will turn red. You don't get the dropdown list of
> events. If I continue to type close then space the dropdown list appears. But
> after I type acf everything disappears. To continue I'll have to type the
> orm,. After a few seconds all the text turns red again.
>
> This doesn't happen all the time. One minute everything is fine and the next
> the problem is back. I've tried un-installing and re-installing office but
> that didn't help.
>
> Anyone have an suggestion.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul
0
strive4peace

Problem entering numbers
Hello, I am having an awkward problem, on every sheet I use(Including new ones).. When I enter 100 it changes it to 1. When I enter 1000 it changes it to 10 When I enter 10000 it changes it to 100. I thought it was something to do with iteration in the tools>options menu but I have set both of them to 1 and they are unticked anyway and it shows the same problem. Can anyone help please?!?!? Thanks in advance John -- johncassell ------------------------------------------------------------------------ johncassell's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&u...

Exchange contact sync problems.
I have a problem with contact synconizations under Ex2003. We bought a (3rd party) modul for sync'ing contact between Axapta and Exchange. Only problem is, the address data is synced wrong and the company that sold us the modul, claims that the problem lies in our Exchange installation sins the module runs fine on other installations they've done. Fx: converting from Ax to Ex Zipcode is converted into the "provins" field cityname is converted into both city and zipcode field The other way zip -> cityname cityname just disapear The Ex2003 installation is a migration off...

Showing bar codes
I've made plane reservations with Delta. They sent me a receipt with a bar code that references my reservation. When I receive the email in Outlook 2007, the bar code doesn't show up--it shows that square that means the graphic failed, even after I right click to download pictures and also say Delta is safe to show pictures. However, if I pick up the email on Earthlink's web mail, the bar code shows up fine and I can print it. Is there somew way I can get the bar code in Outlook? Do you mean it shows a red x? Read here: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/redx.asp ...

Delete old messages problem
Hi! I have Exchange 2003. I need to delete all messages older than 6 months from mailboxes which dosen't have Last Login time. I know, that I can use recipient policy, but how to query for users without last login time? "Siim" <siimtina@gmail.com> wrote: >I have Exchange 2003. I need to delete all messages older than 6 months >from mailboxes which dosen't have Last Login time. > I know, that I can use recipient policy, but how to query for users >without last login time? You'd have to use WMI to do that. Check here: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us...

ex2k7 outlook problem
We upgraded a couple of years ago from exchange 2003. Occasionally and from only a few people we've noticed that when using Outlook 2007 in cached mode in our office they will get a box that pops up that reverts back to the old exchange server address wanting a user name and password. When I go into the settings in Outlook specifically under Connection Outlook anywhere Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP has a check there. When I uncheck the box everything returns to normal and may continue like this for a few days or weeks. This doesn't happen to everyone ...

text to columns problem #2
I have an invoice that uses "text to columns" to help it update. I use macro to paste data from a network application to the invoice. When close down Excel, even though I have it saved, it no longer separate the test when pasted. Anyone know why? Thanks, Vat -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com A guess in the absence of other replies :- Normally with a text file we have to SaveAs a .xls workbook otherwise the file remains a text file. I wonder if this is affecting your data. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

CISCO CRM Connector problem
Hello, I tried to integrate CRM 4.0 with CISCO CRM unified connector, by setting the Cisco unified CRM Connector server configuration as following : -------------------------------------------------- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <entities> <entity name="account" key="accountid" translatedName="{lang_Account}" objectType="1" getIncidents="True"> <linkDescriptor format="{0}" sortItem="name" sortDescending="false"> <replaceValue order="0" at...

Outllok email problem
Hi, I'm not sure if i am in the right place, but i am looking for some help. I am using Office XP, Outlook 2002 with WinXP home edition. Until recently everything was fine but now when i try and click on the "send/recieve" tool bar button, to downlaod my IMAP email, i just get a message "The operation failed. An object could not be found". Any help or suggestions welcome. Thanks Yep, that happens when I change from Outlook Express to Outlook as my default client. Just delete the profile (not copy) and then recreate it, all will work fine after that... ...

"#define UNICODE" problem
Hello, My MFC application compiles and runs OK. When I add: #ifndef UNICODE #define UNICODE #endif at the begining of STDAFX.H, the compiler goes mad and throws hundreds of error messages. What am I missing? TIA Yoav Ben-Yosef wrote: > Hello, > > My MFC application compiles and runs OK. When I add: > > #ifndef UNICODE > #define UNICODE > #endif > > at the begining of STDAFX.H, the compiler goes mad and throws hundreds of > error messages. What am I missing? > You're missing UNICODE support. You have to write code that works for both UNICODE an...

Problem with XmlDocument
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C63C5C.BDB2FE80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Before that nothing I want to ask for excuses for my english level. The problem that I have is the following one: I have a file xml with "encoding=3DISO-8859-1" and accents. When in VB.NET, in a Form I write: Dim objxml as new XmlDocument and then when de Forms load: objxml.Load("C\....") The debugger gives me the following error: "A first chance exception of type 'Sy...

Weird file save/quit problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I've got a weird one for you. I'm mounting a shared drive using smb. Mac OSX 10.5.8. If I open MS Word and create/update a document then save, no problems. I can do incremental saves as I change the file until the cows come home without a problem. If I save the file, CLOSE the file, then quit Word -- there are no problems. <br><br>HOWEVER -- if I try to quit and save (cmd-q [yes to save] or cmd-s then cmd-q), not only does MS Word hang but the share mount hangs and I lose all connectivity to the s...

Rounding problem #6
I have a series of 16 and 18 digit numbers that I am trying to store and work with. If for example I have the number 1234123412341234 and I leave the field unformatted I get '1.23412E+15' which is fine. If I change the cell formatting to 'number' w/o decimals I get '1234123412341230'. What has happened to my last '4'? Why is it now a cheeky '0'? This seems to happen with all digits after and including the 16th. Any help appreciated. Mark Although Excel can represent very large numbers (up to E309), it can only do so with 15 digit precision, so ...

Renaming an Exchange 2003 server...problems!
Hello all. I have this problem that I'm facing with the rename of a Win2003 and Exchange 2003 server which is a member of a Win2000 AD.After I renamed the server I have the problem with the Exchange System Attendant service which doesn't start.I started the RPC locator service then tried to start the System Attendant service again but with no luck. I've checked out the Domain Controller for DNS resolution and group membership and everything is ok. I run dcdiag and everything is ok again. I'm looking in the posts and on the net in general but I can't find anything that will ...

Bizzare Select single node problem
Hi, I've a simple XML tree that is essentially. <?xml version="1.0"?> <Project> <Version Version="1.001" /> <Platform Name="Platform1"/> <Platform Name="Platform2" /> </Project> Now I have the following code. XmlNode destinationProjectNode = doc1.SelectSingleNode("//Project"); string xPath = string.Format("{Platform}[@Name='Platform1']"); XmlNode destinationXmlNode = destinationProjectNode.SelectSingleNode(xPath); This will retrieve the correct node as you'd expect, however in ce...

Cell reference formula problem
I have problems finding the correct formula for my Excel problem. My spread sheet is used for statistics for my web shop. In column A I have values representing sales figures for each order. In column B I have a figure representing number of orders during a day. These calculations work. Note that column B consists mostly of blanks. In column C I want to calculate the turnover for all orders that day. Example: Col A Col B Col C Row 3 150 4 1881 Row 4 143 Row 5 593 Row 6 995 Row 7 498 3 1056 Row 8 127 Row 9 ...

Problem Opening Pub 2000 docs
I have Pub 2000 and cannot get it to open a doc that I know was made with the same program that was given to me and that was emailed to me. I have reinstalled the original program twice and have it updated. They are Pub Docs. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I have Pub 2000 and cannot get it to open a doc that I > know was made with the same program that was given to me > and that was emailed to me. I have reinstalled the > original program twice and have it updated. They are Pu...

Money 2002 problems
Last week, I was editing an entry, and the program crashed. Since that time, I can not open the program. I have tried everyway I can think of, but nothing happens. My operating system is Windows 98. I could reload the progam, but if I do, will I lose my current data. If that is the case, I do have a relatively current backup. Thanks for you help. Dennis H What error do you see? Reinstalling shouldn't affect your data, but I would take a backup copy of your MNY file for safety anyway. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?sci...

code to dis[play a message if the active cell contains an asteric
i haved a macro that allows a user to enter in an input bax a number that will multiply the value in the cell. i would like to have a message box appear if the macro is invoked and the cell has an asteric in it. How can i accomplish this? Basically, if one of the characters in the cell in an asteric, the a messagebox would state something to that effect. I know how to do a messagebox, what i dont know is the "if there is an asteric" part. thanks, Tonso On Feb 27, 1:01=A0pm, Tonso <wthoma...@hotmail.com> wrote: > i haved a macro that allows a user to enter in an input bax...

How do I delete a folder through code?
Why is this functionality so difficult to do and find described online? If you know the exact steps - I mean the EXACT code - for deleting a folder (and yes that means it can have files and folders within it please let me know how it's done EXACTLY. My code isn't working If you're just going to do the usual newsgroup thing where you give me a riddle, a tip that leads nowhere, or a fragment of an answer please hit the back button now. I need an actual answer that actually works. BTW: Here's what I did and it fails: // Delete the contents of the driver's backup fold...

Dongle Problems
I have upgraded my hardware to a new computer that runs on Vista. Now my RMS will not recognize the dongle and is running in evaluation mode. Does anyone know if this might be an operating system problem? I am on 1.2 and do not want to upgrade if I can avoid it. I just wanted a faster computer. Thanks! Did you remember to install the Software Security Token (software to recognize the Dongle)? "CBK" wrote: > I have upgraded my hardware to a new computer that runs on Vista. Now my RMS > will not recognize the dongle and is running in evaluation mode. Does anyone &...

Disclaimer problem
After 2 days of trying to get an disclaimer to work using the VB method only to find out that it doesn't work using outlook but works using MAC's so anything comming from a MAPI client won't get the message attached. Is there a fix for this other than using a 3rd party software. Thanks in advance. "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After 2 days of trying to get an disclaimer to work using >the VB method only to find out that it doesn't work using >outlook but works using MAC's so anything comming from a >MAPI client w...

clip art preview problem
I just downloaded the new microsoft security pack and now my Clip Art function on all of my office programs will not display a preview from the Online Clip Art search program. I know it searches because lots of boxes come up and some of them will insert and show up in my document if I double click them. but I can't spend all of my time inserting them into my document to see if they are the ones I want. A few times the Office Assistant has said that a picture is not available because I do not have the right graphic converter and to press help for more info - that just takes me in ...

Same problem here with Ports not listening from RPCDump ....
I have the same problem David has. Single server setup, https return 402.3 read access denied, RPCDump returns No for IsListening on por 6001, 6002, and 6004. Just wondering if anyone has a solution for th problem. I went through the single server setup article troubleshooting article as well as the deployment guide. But n luck.. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;833401# http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;82733 If anyone could help, i would greatly appreciate any help ...

Problem sending mail from 5.5 to 2003
Hi we have E2K3 and 5.5 in two different domains. We have configured the ADC and have migrated 1 mailbox from the 5.5 to the E2K3 box, this worked fine. We noticed that the mailbox was still listed in the 5.5 admin program, so we deleted it from there and then opened outlook 2003, thinking that it would be redirected to the mailbox on the new E2K3 server. This was not the case as Outlook was still looking to the 5.5 box. We then manually setup Outlook to the new E2K3 box and opened the mailbox OK. Now we cannot send mail to the 5.5 mailboxes from the E2K3 mailbox and the same from 5.5 t...

Exchange 5.5 problem with missing MX
Hi, We're still using an Exchange 5.5 server SP2 and i'm running into a problem. When i try to send mail to a domain that has no MX record the mail will stay in the queue with the message [network error during host resolution]. According to the RFC974 when there's no MX record, the server should try to send to the A record (wich is available by the way). It seems that Exchange 5.5 doesn't do this. Is this a known problem with the Exchange 5.5 IMC? Regards, Barry Barry Vredevoort <barry.vredevoort@artesia.nl> wrote: >We're still using an Exchange 5.5 server...