Code For On Mouse Move Event

------=_NextPart_000_003E_01CAABB2.CA5D7010

Access 2007 sp2.

I've changed from command buttons to labels for certain aspects of my =
db.

I want to use the on mouse move event over the labels to trigger some =
visual
indication that one's mouse pointer is over the label and then have it =
return
to normal when the pointer leaves the label. Like when moving over a =
command button.

I used to have code for this but I was unable to find it again on the =
web.

Any help will be appreciated,
James

------=_NextPart_000_003E_01CAABB2.CA5D7010

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Access 2007 sp2.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I've changed from command buttons to =
labels for=20
certain aspects of my db.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I want to use the on mouse move event =
over the=20
labels to trigger some visual</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>indication that one's mouse pointer is =
over the=20
label and then have it return</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>to </FONT><FONT size=3D2 =
face=3DArial>normal when the=20
pointer leaves the label. Like when moving over a </FONT><FONT size=3D2=20
face=3DArial>command button.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I used to have code for this but I was =
unable to=20
find it again on the web.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Any help will be =
appreciated,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>James</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_003E_01CAABB2.CA5D7010--

0
JamesJ

James -

Moving a mouse over a label that is attached to a control is the same as
moving the mouse over the control, so you would use the control's mouse over
event.   If you really want a different event for the label than for the
control, then delete the attached label and replace it with a free-standing
label.  Then you can test for the mouse over event on just the label.

--
Daryl S

"JamesJ" wrote:

> Access 2007 sp2.
>
> I've changed from command buttons to labels for certain aspects of my db.
>
> I want to use the on mouse move event over the labels to trigger some visual
> indication that one's mouse pointer is over the label and then have it return
> to normal when the pointer leaves the label. Like when moving over a command button.
>
> I used to have code for this but I was unable to find it again on the web.
>
> Any help will be appreciated,
> James

That's exactly what I have, free standing labels.
I have no controls for the labels. I added the labels using the label button
on the Ribbon.
Labels which I'm using in place of command buttons.
I already have an event on these labels to change the mouse pointer to a
hyperlink hand when
the mouse pointer moves over them.
I want an event to change, for an example, the border style to 2 point and
back to 1 point
when the mouse pointer moves on and off the label.

James

"Daryl S" <DarylS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> James -
>
> Moving a mouse over a label that is attached to a control is the same as
> moving the mouse over the control, so you would use the control's mouse
> over
> event.   If you really want a different event for the label than for the
> control, then delete the attached label and replace it with a
> free-standing
> label.  Then you can test for the mouse over event on just the label.
>
> --
> Daryl S
>

> "JamesJ" wrote:
>
>> Access 2007 sp2.
>>
>> I've changed from command buttons to labels for certain aspects of my db.
>>
>> I want to use the on mouse move event over the labels to trigger some
>> visual
>> indication that one's mouse pointer is over the label and then have it
>> return
>> to normal when the pointer leaves the label. Like when moving over a
>> command button.
>>
>> I used to have code for this but I was unable to find it again on the
>> web.
>>
>> Any help will be appreciated,
>> James

0
JamesJ
2/12/2010 3:23:22 PM
James -

So you have the event working, do you just need the code to change the
border style?  Try this:

      Me.LabelControlName.BorderColor = vbRed
      Me.LabelControlName = 1   'solid (transparent = 0)

--
Daryl S

"JamesJ" wrote:

> That's exactly what I have, free standing labels.
> I have no controls for the labels. I added the labels using the label button
> on the Ribbon.
> Labels which I'm using in place of command buttons.
> I already have an event on these labels to change the mouse pointer to a
> hyperlink hand when
> the mouse pointer moves over them.
> I want an event to change, for an example, the border style to 2 point and
> back to 1 point
> when the mouse pointer moves on and off the label.
>
> James
>
> "Daryl S" <DarylS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > James -
> >
> > Moving a mouse over a label that is attached to a control is the same as
> > moving the mouse over the control, so you would use the control's mouse
> > over
> > event.   If you really want a different event for the label than for the
> > control, then delete the attached label and replace it with a
> > free-standing
> > label.  Then you can test for the mouse over event on just the label.
> >
> > --
> > Daryl S
> >

> > "JamesJ" wrote:
> >
> >> Access 2007 sp2.
> >>
> >> I've changed from command buttons to labels for certain aspects of my db.
> >>
> >> I want to use the on mouse move event over the labels to trigger some
> >> visual
> >> indication that one's mouse pointer is over the label and then have it
> >> return
> >> to normal when the pointer leaves the label. Like when moving over a
> >> command button.
> >>
> >> I used to have code for this but I was unable to find it again on the
> >> web.
> >>
> >> Any help will be appreciated,
> >> James
> >>

> .

Actually it's a bit more.
I have 12 labels. I want to change the appearance, whether it's the border
color,
forecolor or whatever, and back agian when I pass the mouse pointer over the
label.
Just like what one sees when one passesd the mouse pointer over a command
button.

> James -
>
> So you have the event working, do you just need the code to change the
> border style?  Try this:
>
>      Me.LabelControlName.BorderColor = vbRed
>      Me.LabelControlName = 1   'solid (transparent = 0)
>
> --
> Daryl S
>

> "JamesJ" wrote:
>
>> That's exactly what I have, free standing labels.
>> I have no controls for the labels. I added the labels using the label
>> button
>> on the Ribbon.
>> Labels which I'm using in place of command buttons.
>> I already have an event on these labels to change the mouse pointer to a
>> hyperlink hand when
>> the mouse pointer moves over them.
>> I want an event to change, for an example, the border style to 2 point
>> and
>> back to 1 point
>> when the mouse pointer moves on and off the label.
>>
>> James
>>
>> "Daryl S" <DarylS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > James -
>> >
>> > Moving a mouse over a label that is attached to a control is the same
>> > as
>> > moving the mouse over the control, so you would use the control's mouse
>> > over
>> > event.   If you really want a different event for the label than for
>> > the
>> > control, then delete the attached label and replace it with a
>> > free-standing
>> > label.  Then you can test for the mouse over event on just the label.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Daryl S

>> .

0
JamesJ

------=_NextPart_000_0051_01CAAC8A.6025BA30

I found some code for this if anyone is interested.
I was able to change a property of the label when I pass the pointer =
over using the Moise Move event
but didn't know how to change it back.
By changing the property back in the form's Detail On Mouse Move event =
for the labels I am able to change it back.
Only problem is whenever I move the mouse anywhere in the detail section =
the labels blink and it looks like hell.
I tried to apply the change back using a rectangle I placed behind the =
labels (similar to a navigation pain)
instead of the detail section but the same thing happens.

"JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message =
[...]

<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I found some code for this if anyone is =

interested.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I was able to change a property of the =
label when I=20
pass the pointer over using the Moise Move event</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>but didn't know how to change it =
back.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>By changing the property back in the =
form's Detail=20
On Mouse Move event for the labels I am able to change it =
back.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Only problem is whenever I move the =
mouse anywhere=20
in the detail section the labels blink and it looks like =
hell.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I tried to apply the change =
back&nbsp;using a=20
rectangle I placed behind the labels (similar to a navigation =
pain)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>instead of the detail section but the =
same thing=20
happens.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>"JamesJ" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com">jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com</A>&g=
t; wrote=20
in message <A=20
href=3D"news:u2xA4y9qKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl">news:u2xA4y9qKHA.5036=
@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"=20
dir=3Dltr>
[...]
face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0051_01CAAC8A.6025BA30--

0
JamesJ

------=_NextPart_000_0054_01CAAC8D.4AFECFE0

I found it was much easier to use command buttons and set the backstyle =
to tranparent and stick
a rectangle behind the buttons.

I don't always talk to myself. But I do talk the my cat even though he =
gives me a dirty look and walks out of my way.

James

[...]

<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I found it was much easier to use =
command buttons=20
and set the backstyle to tranparent and stick</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>a rectangle behind the =
buttons.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I don't always talk to myself.&nbsp;But =
I do talk=20
the my cat even though he gives me a dirty look and walks out of my=20
way.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>James</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"=20
dir=3Dltr>
  <DIV>"JamesJ" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com">jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com</A>&g=
t;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
[...]

Close various modules/codes windows
Whenever, I open the VBE (Alt+F11) I find most of the code windows already opened and have to close each and everyone by entering Ctrl+F4 and finally opening a single module on which I seek to work upon. Any guidance, help and relevant idea by u experts in this regard shall highly be obliged. -- Thanx in advance, Best Regards, Faraz --How many open VBA projects do you see in Project Explorer? --Check out whether you have any projects getting opened during startup. If so remove them from your Book.xlt in XLSTART XLSTART folder usually located at C:\Documents and Setti...

Code to save Word-document do not work properly
I have this code: Sub Flet() Dim Wdapp As Object Dim Navn As String On Error Resume Next Set Wdapp = GetObject(, "Word.application") If Err.Number <> 0 Then Set Wdapp = CreateObject("Word.Application") End If For Each c In Range("A2:A200") Wdapp.Documents.Add "flet.dot" If c.Value = "" Then Exit For Else Navn = c.Value .... A lot of code for replacing bookmarks Navn = Navn & " " & Date & &qu...

How to view the form in GP afterchunk code is placed in GP folder?
Hi, After completing the chunk process, let me know how to view the form prepared by us which was integrated to GP. In security options, I am able to see the form prepared by me. But how to open the form prepared by us from GP. Please send me info ASAP. Thanx in advance, Kiran. Kiran, Try adding your form to shortcuts. Warner "Kiran" wrote: > Hi, > After completing the chunk process, let me know how to view the form > prepared by us which was integrated to GP. In security options, I am able to > see the form prepared by me. But how to open the for...

event-driven code
Could someone help me to understand how to approach Event-Oriented programming. I wanted to write an Example program using a row of three buttons on top, and a row of three buttons on bottom. Only one of the buttons on each row would be used, but there is a choice of the three for each row. And there is one Static Text Control for each row that prints a number that is assigned in each button function when any of the buttons is clicked. Then the chosen number from each row is added to the other to get a result that is printed in another a third Static Text Control. And this process is initiat...

Is there anyway to move a trendline behind the data series?
Hi, I'm using XL2002 with Windows 2000. I have a chart that I added a trendline to, but it obscures part of my data series, is there a way to move it behind the data series? If so, how? I can't figure it out. Thanks! Norm nOrM - You can use a thinner line, which would cut down on the obscurity of the data. Or you could get the parameters of the curve fit, either from LINEST (see Bernard Liengme's site for assistance if needed), or by extracting the coefficients from the trendline equation (see Dave Braden's technique). Use these parameters to determine X-Y data for ...

Can't move emails to parent folder
I have a number of Outlook folders where I move messages to keep organized. One of them is for client messages. It has several subfolders. The structure looks like this: Inbox Junk email Messages, Business Associations Clients Smith (contains 6 emails) Jones Colleagues Messages, Friends Messages, Family Outbox Sent Items I was recently working on the Smith case. I moved 6 emails from the inbox to the Smith folder (under Clients). I do this when I am working on a case. When I am done, I move them to the Clients folder and delete the case folder. For some reason, Outlook ...

Outlook Rules to move messages
I have been asked what happens if 2 rules that move a message to 2 different folders are valid for more than 1 email. e.g. rule 1: move an email with manchester in subject to manchester folder rule 2: move an email with liverpool in subject to liverpool folder what will happen if my email contanis both manchester and liverpool in the subject folder. You'll end up with one copy in the Manchester folder and one copy in the Liverpool folder. This is why sorting your rules, settings exceptions and setting the "stop processing rules" action is so important. For ...

Moving mailbox between 2003 Servers
Recently I moved a mailbox between 2 servers in the same Exchange site. The mailbox moved rather quickly, showing a status of 100%. However in the Task Wizard "Task in Progrss" the 'State' column shows "Saving Changes to the Directory" and this will run for hours, or days. The mailbox appears to be on both servers simultaneously with no properties available for either. Previously, I had to stop the process, recover the mailbox on the source server, Exmerge the mailbox data, blow away and rebuild the account and import the data back in. Now, it's hap...

how do I make more then one line of pasted text not move to one cell?
Hello. How do I make one block of text I pasted not go in to 2 cells and if I want to merge those 2 cells together in to one cell let's say merge 5d in to 4d, is that possible? Thanks. Oh, I'm visually impaired so is this possible with the keyboard? Thanks. If you click on the cell but paste into the formula bar at the top The whole text will go into the cell Steve On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 03:57:49 +0100, marrie <sa@mailanator.com> wrote: > Hello. How do I make one block of text I pasted not go in to 2 cells = = > and if > I want to merge those 2 cells together i...

Change Query Object's Criteria via code
Let me try again: TIA very much: Is it possible to change and existing Query Object's criteria via VB code?? If so how might it be done? Thanks again, Joel ...

RECEIPTS: Hide up item look up code in receipt
My buyer and I are wondering, how would you change the receipt to hide/not show the item lookup code in the receipt. Any help would be appreciated. Sincerely, Ryan hi Ryan, its very easy to do so, make a backup of receipt.xml file under: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store Operations\ReceiptTemplates or whereever you installed the program. Then open the receipt.xml file in notepad and find the "Entry.Item.ItemLookupCode" and just cut from whole code whereever it appears and then save the file. then again to to SO Manager program> Database > Regi...

cannot move mail to PST in outlook 2007
after upgrading to outlook 2007 from outlook 2003 i can no longer move any mail to my PST folders. i get message "Cannot move the items. The item cannot be moved. It was already moved or deleted or access was denied.". i can create a new PST folder but still cannot move any messages to it. Any help is appreciated. EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Custom Self-Expanding Multiselect Winforms ListBox http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/d501d49c-f9fa-4156-9858-8c7b8a74319a/custom-selfexpanding-mul.aspx You can't upgrade Outlook without corrupting your pro...

Cant find the bugs in the code
I am grateful to any help and suggestions what to do! Here ar the subs I expect to make the users able to copy and paste between and within sheets. It doesn't work properly. Sometimes when I change som parts, it works partly, but never completly: - Not allow draganddrop - On every change of a range or cell an new fresh format template sheet shall be pastespecial(xlpasteFormulas) to be able to hadle merged cells in clipboard etc. -Not create a loop - Keep the sheet1 protected Please - what is wrong? i have tried to use less selection & activate code, but i could't make it right eit...

Source code of MS CRM
Hi all, I have installed MS CRM 3.0 server on my server machine. I just wanted to know that whether this installation provides me the COMPLETE source code of CRM? There are some aspx files, but there is a little source code in them. If I want to change something in the application beyond the limits of customization, how can I do that? I know that it is not supported, but still if I have to do it, is there any way to get the COMPLETE source code of CRM? Thanks in advance -Imran Hi Imran, Source code of MS CRM is not publicaly available. It is the property of Microsoft. Only aspx file...

How do you create bar codes in excel?
I am trying to setup a spreadsheet that will print off bar codes. I need them for an inventory tracking sheet. Does any one know how to convert a part number into a bar code? I did it a long time ago!! Bill You need a barcode font -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "Bill G" <Bill G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1B58CFA-17ED-40EA-96C5-1682A0B89F6C@microsoft.com... >I am trying to setup a spreadsheet that will print off bar codes. I need > them for an inventory tracking sheet. > > Does any one k...

mouse pointer in excel combo box
When using the combo boxin excel, when i click on the box to select options from the draw down list, the pointer change to a hand icon ie like for an internet link. How do i change the hand sign to a normal arrow icon ? I've tried changing this in control panel under mouse pointer but this only change the icon for windows ie when i clink on an internet link. it does not change the hand icon when i use the excel combo box thanks ...

Event 1521 roaming profile
Upgrading a user to a new pc. The OS is changing from xpp to win 7 pro (SBS 2003 is server OS). Folder redirect is working for my documents. However his roaming user profile (desktop) is not coming over. It goes to a default local and doesn't save changes. The event is coming up as 1521. From what I can tell DNS is working just fine. So it must be something with the user profile. Anybody have ideas on what is behind this, and what must be done to fix it? Hello, Thanks for your post. Frist, I would like to explain the combination of Roaming User Profiles with...

moving Exchange to another drive
I'd like to move Exchange 2003 from the C: drive to the D: drive. How can I go about doing this? Thank you. If you mean the executables you'll probably want to do a reinstall. If you mean databases and log files you can just change the path within Exchange System Manager. For example, properties of the Storage group will let you change the log file path. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821915/en-us Nue "Glenn" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eDZo3tgYGHA.1228@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I'd like to move Exchange 2003 from the C: drive to the D: d...

Mouse flicker problems in MS Word, ,running windows 7.
I recently installed MS Office Home and Student on a windows 7 operating pc - but everytime I start word my curser flickers in the screen area and i can't click right or left. I don't know what to do to fix this problem. Any ideas would be appreciated. It isn't a Word problem, but my suspicion is either the printer driver is corrupt or incompatible or missing. Make sure that you have the latest driver for your printer and then delete and reinstall the printer. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "PR100" <PR100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

moving outlook to new PC 'Operation Failed'
My new machine came with Office 2003 and outlook. I did not want to buy this version so I uninstalled it and with great difficulty, it got it installed. Now I can send mail but when I try to receive mail, I get Operation failed. When I set up the email account and I did a test settings, The test email is sent but cannot come back because opf the error. An suggestions? ...

Excel crashing when copying formula with a wheel mouse
Hi Does anyone else have this problem... On utilising the edit formula = to place a cell address from one worksheet into another I have no problem .... until I move my mouse wheel ... this then causes a complete crash of excel losing all unsaved data. If I resist the urge to touch the wheel then no problem ...it seems to happen after about 2 - 3 successful "Copies" It maybe a mouse driver incompatibility problem .. -- Alan Waterhouse <alan.waterhouse@baeystems.com> Baesystems Chadderton " Live each day as your last , one day you'll be right ! " While I...

mouse wheel in VBA editor
Mouse wheel will not scroll up or down when I'm editing code in the VBA editor for Excel Office 97. Wheel works perfectly in every application except this one. I've installed latest intellipoint drivers. Running XP Pro. This might be the problem?? If you have the 5.0 drivers that might be the problem. I tried them but went right back to the 4.x version, mainly because of the VBE mousewheel problem. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP The same thing happened to me - if you roll back to IntelliPoint 4.x as Jim suggests, you should be fine. -- Regards, Jake Marx MS MVP - Excel www.lo...

Moving Exchange 5.5 from NT 4.0 to a 2000 Member server without change the server name
Has anyone ever moved Exchange 5.5 SP5 currently running on NT 4.0 Server, SP6a to a Windows 2000 Server, SP4 using the same computer name? Can it be done? Is there any documentation about how to go about it? Thanks, Steve Try this article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q155216 . "Steve_B" wrote: > Has anyone ever moved Exchange 5.5 SP5 currently running on NT 4.0 Server, > SP6a to a Windows 2000 Server, SP4 using the same computer name? > > Can it be done? > > Is there any documentation about how to go about it? > >...

strange mouse behaviour on dialog called frm a tree
I have implemented a Tree in an SDI application and have implemented functions to add/ delete/ rename nodes of the tree. When I have to rename a node, I call a dialog to input the name from the user and make the changes thereafter. Everything worked fine when I call this dialog on rightclicking the root or its child.Problem comes up on rightclick of a node on the third level.The problem that I am facing is that when I call the dialog to input the name on right click of the child of the child of the root, the mouse does not seem to work on the dialog. It can still be handled using the keyboard...

Recurring Transfer on Event (like a trigger)
I've been using Microsoft Money for a few years now (currently on version 2006), so I'm pretty sure this feature doesn't exist... but I keep thinking how nice it would be and I haven't seen any posts on it, so I wanted to bring it up. It would be nice if there were a way to trigger a transfer on an event. For example, I would like a recurring notification to transfer funds out of my checking account into my savings account when my checking account reaches a certain balance. Right now I try to estimate when that'll happen and use one of the limited 'Frequency' op...