Choosing subform fields from master form

Hello -

I have a master form with 4 subforms. 3 of the subforms have only checkboxes.
The boss wants to choose the checkboxes displayed in subforms. For example,
this week the boss wants users to view checkbox1, checkbox2, checkbox5, and
checkbox7 in a subform. The following week he wants users to see checkbox3,
checkbox4, checkbox6, and checkbox 8. I'd like the boss to have an
administrator console where he chooses what checkboxes will be available for
the users.How do I handle this with a multiuser split database?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Steve

sboegeman

Have a table with two columns, one, CheckBoxName,  String, for the checkbox
name, the second one, IsVisible, Boolean, for its availability.

On loading the form, check for each checkbox, in the said table, if it
should be visible, or not, and modify its visible property accordingly:

    Me.CheckBox6.Visible = DLookup("IsVisible", "tableNameHere",
"CheckBoxName='CheckBox6' " )

Supply the boss with a form where he/she can change the said table, do not
supply (access to) that form to the other employee.

Hoping it may help,
Vanderghast, Access MVP

"sboegeman via AccessMonster.com" <u31936@uwe> wrote in message
> Hello -
>
> I have a master form with 4 subforms. 3 of the subforms have only
> checkboxes.
> The boss wants to choose the checkboxes displayed in subforms. For
> example,
> this week the boss wants users to view checkbox1, checkbox2, checkbox5,
> and
> checkbox7 in a subform. The following week he wants users to see
> checkbox3,
> checkbox4, checkbox6, and checkbox 8. I'd like the boss to have an
> administrator console where he chooses what checkboxes will be available
> for
> the users.How do I handle this with a multiuser split database?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Steve

Michel
2/26/2007 4:05:22 PM
Hi Michael -

Thank you for the help!!! I appreciate it. I'll try this ASAP.

Steve

Michel Walsh wrote:
>Have a table with two columns, one, CheckBoxName,  String, for the checkbox
>name, the second one, IsVisible, Boolean, for its availability.
>
>On loading the form, check for each checkbox, in the said table, if it
>should be visible, or not, and modify its visible property accordingly:
>
>    Me.CheckBox6.Visible = DLookup("IsVisible", "tableNameHere",
>"CheckBoxName='CheckBox6' " )
>
>Supply the boss with a form where he/she can change the said table, do not
>supply (access to) that form to the other employee.
>
>Hoping it may help,
>Vanderghast, Access MVP
>
>> Hello -
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]
>>
>> Steve

sboegeman

Integrating with Great Plains Field Service
I have many opportunities in my pipeline that require an integration of Microsoft CRM and Great Plains Field Service. Does anyone know of an ISV that has this developed and ready for sale? ...

combo box in subform?
So I'm creating an address book for an annual event and made one table that had the basics (name, address, phone) and then a table for the 'group' that that person was a part of one year to the next (one year that person may have been the speaker, the next year an honoree, and the third year maybe just an invitee, so I had created a third table as the linking between PersonID and GroupID with a year field as well. My plan was to have the basic address part on the top of a form and then a subform below with a combo box that allowed for those groups to be selected a...

Field Service #2
Integrate Payroll to Field Service. Its only natural that Field Service Hours should flow to hours on Payroll automatically. This would eliminate the double entry currently needed in Field Service and again in Payroll. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. h...

report from 2 forms
I have created 2 forms, 3rd Party and Drilling Invoice. How can I make a report that summarizes both of these forms? In the report needs to be each invoice from both forms. Including the line items from each invoice number... Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200707/1 "stephendeloach via AccessMonster.com" <u32891@uwe> wrote in message news:75116e2ca33c4@uwe... >I have created 2 forms, 3rd Party and Drilling Invoice. How can I make a > report that summarizes both of these forms? In the report n...

form-subform
Hi, I have a form with a subform The main form has a selectiongroup with 6 items the subform should be based upon the choise I made in this selectiongroup The subgroups name is kader25 the subform=oefening as code I wrote If Me!Kader25 = 1 Then Me!SubForm.Form!Oefening.Filter = "PSY" End If which returns the object subform isn't known... What is the correct syntax? Thanks JP Jean-Paul De Winter wrote: >I have a form with a subform >The main form has a selectiongroup with 6 items >the subform should be based upon the choise I made in this selectiongroup > &g...

Tabbed form
I have created a tabbed form on Access 2007. After moving to different tabs on the form, it jumps up and I cannot see the top of the form. I have to use the scroll bar to move the form back down. How can I prevent the form from jumping up? -- Ronnie Hi Ronnie, I seem to remember reading a similar post a couple of weeks ago. Did you post this question previously? I have found this problem in my work. In my case, when I opened the form, the tabs were hidden so there was no way to even know there were tabs to click. The solution was to make the tab control quite a bit short...

Calandar invite for two days to choose from
Can I create a meeting invitation that recurs on Tuesday and Thursday, but the invitees can select one or the other that they want to attend? In other words, I'll be having the same meeting twice a week and some will attend one and some the other but I want it in one invite. Any thoughts? Thanks! "Amy" <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6824F50D-8E5F-4DD0-826A-6C01547BB1D8@microsoft.com... > Can I create a meeting invitation that recurs on Tuesday and Thursday, but > the invitees can select one or the other that they want to attend?...

combobox in form but not subform
Access2003 the combobox was added into Form-S using the wizard option to find/display the record selected....and this combobox/form works standalone. ....but when this Form-S is inserted as a subform, then the same combobox selection does not trigger/display any record in the subform... what is the relationship to the main form doing to prevent the combobox from performing? -- NTC Make sure that references to the subform are correct. When you add a form as a subform, references to it must include the parent form - Forms!parentform!subform.Form!subformcontrol.controlproperty "...

RowFilter on Date field
I have loaded an xml file to a dataset and one of the fields being "UserDate" and has date values like <UserDate>2005-01-01T00:00:00.0000000-05:00</UserDate> I am trying to apply a row filter to this field and it doesn't seem to work dvCMonth.RowFilter = "Month(UserDate)=" & Now().Month dvCMonth.RowFilter = "Month(UserDate)='4'" no matter what I try, it doesn't work however, Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance. Manoj Das ...

Erratic behaviour when rapidly scrolling through form records
I am developing an Access 2003 application associated with a photographic competition. My ScoringForm permits the selection of image classes and a subform displays all the images in the selected class. This subform is bound to a query and contains an option group of 14 buttons - each button representing one of the possible scores to be awarded during the judging process. If an image has been allotted a score, then the text on the selected button (and only the selected button) is made bolder and has its colour changed from black to red. This makes the chosen score stand out very clearly...

Special field behavior for visual impairment
Hello all, What would be a simple way to popup a larger version of a text box, on entry to the original, so that the user would enter that field's value with a larger font size, close the larger version when the user presses 'Enter', and resume the main form's tab sequence? It is not desireable that I do this for every field... "Ricter" <Ricter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89BA74D0-1B8B-475E-A474-1AE3DFF68F12@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > What would be a simple way to popup a larger version of a text box, on > entry > t...

Choose.
I am currently using a similar statement in a DB, how may I adapt it to an Excel cell please? (striking trouble with the divisor into the text string) =CHOOSE(FIND(VENUE,"W ANSWVICS AN TCANTAS",0)/3,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) Thank you. Hi Rodney, Try changing the zero to one. Gary Hi Gary, Yep, that fixed it nicely. appreciated. | Hi Rodney, | Try changing the zero to one. | Gary ...

Export to Excel with form Progress Bar
I have a form which when clicking the command button transfers (or exports) the data from two separate tables in my database into two separate Excel spreadsheets While this is running, I would like to show its status using a progress bar (built into the form, rather than showing it on the status bar, which is hidden) - I've searched on the net but cannot seem to find what I am looking for. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance Dan How about this one: http://accessmvp.com/SDaigle/ProgressMeter.ZIP -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://...

splitting content of a field
How do you spit one field containing [name, last name] into two fields-- one with name and the other with last name. If there's a comma separating the names, then I'd: Select the range Data|Text to columns Delimited by comma and plop the output into a couple of unused columns (insert 2 adjacent columns first???) eintpc5146 wrote: > > How do you spit one field containing [name, last name] into two fields-- one > with name and the other with last name. -- Dave Peterson "eintpc5146" <eintpc5146@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

MS Outlook Publishing HTML Forms
Hello, I am attempting to publish a form to my companies Organizational Forms Library. While I am able to do publish the form, when I call it up I get some problems. This form is in HTML (i also have a word version, but would prefer a simple HTML). It has a few drop down menus, check boxes, and text fields. This does not have any database features (does not need it). I am trying to allow my sales force to fill out the form to submit certain requests. This form, once filled out, gets e-mailed to the appropriate company employees (pre-filled). When I publish this form, and then I open it u...

Memo vs Text Field size
A text field set to 255 bytes is that, but if there is no data in a Memo field, how much space does it take? I'm looking for tradeoffs on a seldom used field that might be large at when used. Thanks Doug Sanders On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 03:53:57 GMT, "Doug Sanders" <DougSix@earthlink.net> wrote: >A text field set to 255 bytes is that, but if there is no data in a Memo >field, how much space does it take? Actually, a Text field occupies only the space actually used plus 4 bytes of overhead, not 255 bytes. A Memo field has 16 bytes of overhead, regardless of the amo...

subform not accepting new data
I have a mainform to compile information, mainly drop down choices (mr, ms, mrs, etc) that includes a subform for open ended notes. Currently on the mainform there is a text box that supplies the subform with inputs and applies a time stamp so the next user can see what was said and when. The main problem is when ever something is put into the field that links with the subform that new text overwrites all the previous entries. I have also realized that the only way to put new entries into the subform is to directly input them there, but ideally I would prefer the user to inpu...

How do I capture user's login data in a form
I want to set up a form in Word that contains questions with check boxes (yes / no ) etc. with the next field in the table set up to display the log in information for the person who completes the form; i.e., if I check the box, my name and completion time / date is captured and displayed in another cell in the form. You would have to supply more details on what determines "completion time", but you could certainly grab a time stamp for when it is opened, and then another for when they execute some sort of "Done". Date? I would assume that would be the curre...

User Form Locks up Excel and must be restarted
I have User Form that seems to not want to play well with the others. A week ago my code ran fine, but now when I try to open my user form, Excel locks up and must be restarted. If I open the VBA Code window first before trying to open the User form it runs fine. I have not changed anything in my code, but it still locks up excel anyway. Has anyone had this problem before? ...

Subform table
I have brought a table into a form as a subform- while I can get rid of the navigation and scroll bars from it, it still has extra space below the "*" at the bottom of the table- As I only want the user to see one row of data how can I crop the table not to show "*" or anything below and to the right of the actual records? and limit the table size to 1 row? -- Thanks for your help In Datasheet view you will always have the grey bar on the left side, AFAIK there's no getting rid of it. The extra space with the "*" is a New Record. Set AllowAd...

Global wage data field for employee card
We are a new CAN GP Payroll user and find that having to change each pay code (REG, OT, etc) to their new wage without having it roll down from a master field very time consuming and poses potetial problems if a particular code is left out, calculated wrong, etc. Our previous payroll package was not as good as MGP overall but had a nice feature where changes to salary were made at the employee master card level and changes calculated and rolled down to each associated pay code type that was relevant for that empoyee. In MGP Payroll, if every employee in a company of 300 received a cha...

Choosing paper size
How do I put in the size paper I want for my printer in Excel 2000 with Windows xp? Our old computer had Windows 98. We transferred files from 1 hard drive to the other, but the green bar paper 14 1/2 x 11 is not an option. is there a way of putting in the paper size you want? What type of printer? (make, model) Dan E "Vicki Lenz" <bruce28@charter.net> wrote in message news:018401c35142$49ef0b40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I put in the size paper I want for my > printer in Excel 2000 with Windows xp? Our > old computer had Windows 98. We transferred > file...

Access 2007 crashing with right click on subform
Has anyone else experienced Access 2007 crashing when users right click on the subform (with the intention to use the copy feature in the shortcut menu). I went through Allen Browne's recommended checks (Name Autocorrect Options, references, decompiling, etc) and I even tried installing Office SP1 but no luck. (Access also crashes for me when right clicking on the recordsource proptery of a Form). ds I'm not getting that crash in A2007 SP1. I wonder what's different. Is your subform based on a query that uses more than 1 table? If so, is there are text box for the foreign key ...

Moving through fields in an Excel form
Is there a way to move in a form created with Excel 2002 from one field to the next and back again? (Something like pressing "TAB" or a different keystroke) Pete, You can use Tab, and Shift-Tab, and organise the order with the TabIndex property. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Pete Soulis" <petesoulis@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:02ec01c36b4d$c22fc430$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to move in a form created with Excel 2002 > from one field to the next and back again? (Something > like pressing "TAB" or a different keystroke) Where exactl...

Form Load problem
The problem is that I create my invoice/record from frmMain my main page but to update my Invoice I have to do it from frmModifyClientinvoice, Is there a way to code ot so if the first part fails it will move to the 2nd part? recInvoice.Open "SELECT * FROM tblInvoice where InvoiceID=" & Forms!frmMain!subfrmModifyInvoiceClient.Form!lstModify.value _ , CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic subShowInvoiceValues subShowInvoiceDetailValues recInvoice.Open "SELECT * FROM tblInvoice where InvoiceID=" &...