Checkbox control and forms

I have a database with a few different tables but each table is pretty much
the same.  The tables have a set of tasks in the cells in Column A (a daily
routine to be completed).  All other columns in cell 1 have a number 1-31 for
each day of the month.  I'm trying to create a windows application (I'm using
Visual Studio) that as soon as it comes up asks for the users initials, then
goes to the main form with a list of tasks that comes from one of the tables
(I guess I'll connect using datagrid view for the rows?), beside each task
there will be a check box and when the user checks the check box I want the
control to enter their initials into the database.  Any ideas on the best way
of doing this? Thanks in advance!

How to create a "really" transparence MFC control?
I wrote a D3D app based on the MFC dialog,the app's draw frequency is 30FPS.It has a main dialog,i create the D3D device on it,also i create some sub dialogs and controls on this main dialog.When i run this app, some errors appear.When i click or move the sub dialogs and controls it reflash on the background(I think the MFC's draw frequency unequal to the D3D app's draw frequency cause this problem), this bring on the bad effect.Is there any methods let this sub dialogs and controls didn't reflash or redraw themself to be "really" transparence:only receive or send...

Control ID
How do you, programatically, get the ID of a control. Example an edit box. Something like... this->GetData(IDC.....) Thanks Hi, If you have the controls HWND or CWnd*, you can use GetWindowLong with GWL_ID as the index. Hope this helps Chris Taylor " JCO" <J.Oliviero@verizon.net> wrote in message news:yKp3b.15522$Jq1.5792@nwrddc03.gnilink.net... > How do you, programatically, get the ID of a control. Example an edit box. > Something like... > > this->GetData(IDC.....) > > Thanks > > Take a look at the GetDlgCtrlID() API. -- Cheers...

Making attribute a checkbox
How do you make an attribute a checkbox -- donn Hi, In Customization, open the entity. Than open click on Forms and Views and open the Form. Double click on bit type of field. In new window, the second tab will be formatting. You will have option in bottom, "Control Formatting" here you can choose the desrired format. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "Donald" wrote: > How do you make an attribute a checkbox > -- > donn Create a bit field an...

Message about control visiblity
What is the message which is sent when the control is shown/hidden ? I tried WM_SHOW_WINDOW but it isn't sent in all cases. I have a child window ( it is my control ) and call ShowWindow(SW_SHOW),ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) on the parent. Main window gets notifications, but they are not propagated down do the childs. Thanks in advance, Kamil WM_SHOW. There is no WM_SHOW_WINDOW message. And no, parent messages are not propagated to the child. joe On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 09:58:36 +0200, "kamil" <kamildobk@xxxpoczta.onet.pl> wrote: >What is the message which is sent...

Dialogsheet Checkbox to Select All Checkboxes
I am using a dialogsheet to get user input. The dialogsheet is created at runtime. The amount of checkboxes on the dialogsheet varies based on how many tabs are hidden. I would like to have a checkbox on the dialogsheet that allows users to "select all" checkboxes. Code Example: Dim SheetCount As Integer Dim CurrentSheet As Worksheet Dim PrintDlg As DialogSheet Dim cb As CheckBox Set CurrentSheet = ActiveSheet Set PrintDlg = ActiveWorkbook.DialogSheets.Add 'some code used to loop and build checkboxes not shown here If SheetCount <> 0 Then If ...

keeping formulas under control
Hello, Could anyone answer the following. If I have the following formula in a cell, =SUM(A2/Sheet1!B8*100) to work out a simple percentage and I then click on that cell and pull it down the sheet, in the next cells I will get... =SUM(A3/Sheet1!B9*100) =SUM(A4/Sheet1!B10*100) and so forth. What I would like to know, is when you drag the cell down the page is there a way to keep part of the formula static. In the above example is it possible to keep B8 the same in each cell whilst still changing A2 to A3 to A4 etc? I have to go to each cell otherwise and change to B8 in each formula, which ...

Listbox controlling Sub-form
I have a listbox that is populated from a sub query (qyListFEA). I have set the subform's LinkMasterField and LinkChildField to this listbox. The list box contains 3 columns (Project Name, Project Number and Iteration). When I select let's say Wheel 1, 5214, 1C, the subform only shows the Wheel 1 at iteration 1. How can I get the data to synchronize so that if I select Wheel 1 at iteration 1c or 2, etc. I can get the correct record to show? Note: the sub query "qyListFEA" is based upon "qyFEA" which is where I need the actual data from. If I use the master...

checkbox with relative reference?
I have a checkbox in E5 controlling E5. If I copy it to K11, I want it to control K11. Now, how do I give it this kind of relative reference? Thanks, Sven Sven, I take it you're going to have to do this more than a few times. I suggest you create the checkbox objects in code rather than using the Excel Control Toolbox. Add the checkboxes in the workbook open event and then you can set the attributes of each using variables. Ross "Sven Berg" <wiesel69@gmx.de> wrote in message news:060fd6fc-4258-4b48-b67b-c6909c0f2c45@8g2000hsu.googlegroups.com... >I have a check...

FileUpload control 01-08-10
I am using the asp.net FileUpload control and it works fine. However, I want to add the file name to a listbox right after the user browses and selects it. I can do it once the postback occurs but I would like to have it display as soon as the user selects it and then have the FileUpload textbox clear out to select another file. Any ideas on how I can make this work is appreciated. -- David It sounds like you may want to look into using a little AJAX. -- Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/ "DavidC" <dlchase@lifetimeinc.com&g...

Excel 2003 add List to Combo Box from Control Toolbox
Hi, How can I add a list of data to an combo box created through the control toolbox (not from the forms toolbar)? Thanks, Koen Name the list and use that name in the ListFillRange Property. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Koen" <Koen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7E029F3-2CD4-48D1-874F-5725C34B60F4@microsoft.com... > Hi, > How can I add a list of data to an combo box created through the control > toolbox (not from the forms toolbar)? > Thanks, > Koen ...

Text form field loses formatting in Word 2010
I am trying to create a very simple form in Word 2010 (RTM, on Win7) which has three fields: Qty, Unit Price, Ext. Price. Am using the legacy Text Form field for each. The details on how I set up properties is below. I restrict editing and then save it (as a DOTX, DOCX or even DOC-tried all), and then open it to type values in my fields. Here's the problem: the fields do not format the data as instructed. For example, I type in a unit price of $1.50 and it saves the value of "1". That's it, just the number 1, and does not format it as instructed (as currency)...

Adding Fields into Customize Form (designing)
During customization. to add new field to the existing form , we will select Add field option in right hand side and navigate to find the attributes. It is very hard to navigate top to bottom to find the attirbute where we have more than 40 to 100fields. I request to add check box next to each attribute in attribute list form or search button is highly recommended. so that user no need to navigate top to bottom to add specific field. it saves lot of development time ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes...

Checkbox checked then show more checkboxes
I have added checkboxes from Control Toolbox and they seem to work fine. I just want to make one of them lets say checkbox3 to show more checkboxes when checkbox3 is marked. How do I do that? I'd add them all to exactly where I wanted them. But then have the "master" checkbox just unhide/hide the others. Option Explicit Private Sub CheckBox3_Click() Dim ShouldBeVisible As Boolean ShouldBeVisible = CBool(Me.CheckBox3.Value = True) Me.CheckBox1.Visible = ShouldBeVisible Me.CheckBox2.Visible = ShouldBeVisible Me.CheckBox4.Visible = ShouldBeVisible ...

Activate Exchange Webmmail Forms
Hi All, Can anyone tell me what I need to do to active webforms in Exchnage 2003? I already successfully have an SSL certificate installed on my Exchnage 2003 server, and our web-based email is working fine. I just want to activate the forms (and learn how to customize them), so my users can log into a webpage, rather than the pop-up dialog box. Thank-you, -David ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via...

ActiveX control in Word 2007 problem ( PX_Blob() ) #2
Hi, I am having problems to make my MFC ActiveX control work on Word 2007. Inside my control, I use PX_Blob() to serialize data. Here are the steps to reproduce the problem: 1. Create a MFC ActiveX control and use PX_Blob() to serialize data. 2. Insert the control in a Word 2007 document. 3. Save the document as .docx - the new word format. 4. Quit Word 2007 5. Open the Word 2007 and open the file you just saved. 6. The PX_Blob() will NOT return the data you just saved. I found PX_Long() and PX_String() work fine in the above scenario. Also if I save the file as Word 2003 format (.doc) fro...

tab control problem
I set up a series of automated tabs. Ex. user hits a button, focus shifts to an unbound box in a tab. That unbound box has a "on focus" macro that goes to an unbound box on a second tab, which has a "on focus" macro that shifts focus to a third unbound box on a third tab, etc. The problem becomes when I have more than one leap, an error message comes up saying that I cannot change focus to the 1st unbound box. The error message appears for every box in tries to access, but the focus ends up where I want it to be. My question is: was does it says this, but work anyways? ...

checkbox
How do I add checkboxes into cells in an Excel spreadsheet? Hi, Jay, First make sure you can see a checkbox by going to menu, view>toolbars> select either formatting or control box (they give you two different types of controls) then simply click on the checkbox, go to your location and click'ndrag to size it. YOu can then right click on it to set properties, assign a macro, etc. jeff >-----Original Message----- >How do I add checkboxes into cells in an Excel spreadsheet? >. > ...

Control Toolbox
Thanks for your help - I am trying now to do this but if I want to use Control buttons instead of Forms toolbar, how do I get them to work - with forms you use the cell link and then if you click no. 1 you get 1 in the cell clicking on 2 gives you 2 in the cell and so on - i am using these so that in another sheet I can use an if statement to bring in text. Any ideas?? Ann Try to keep to a single thread if the question is just a follow up. This way it's easier for everyone to track. Just hit reply to group or whatever the button is on your news reader. Go to design mode. Choos...

windowless ActiveX control are not supported, What Can i do?
i write a Activex Control use MFC (VC6.0/VS2005). This Control is right, when it run with VB6.0. on the other hand,it can run with Activex control test container. But, when i use this control in vs2005(vb),Design time is ok, Run time has error report: "An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Unable to get the window handle for the 'AxAutoVXCtrl' control. Windowless ActiveX controls are not supported." Does anyone know a fix for this? In my Control, i Load Single Doc/View structure. Document template: class CAutoVXDo...

Copying Checkbox Values into a different worksheet
Hi there, I'm trying to copy the value of several checkboxes to another worksheet. This works basically all fine by using the code below Sub EvaluateCB() ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Survey").Select Range("A1").Select d = Worksheets("Sheet1").CheckBox1.Value Selection = d End Sub But, as there are about 40 checkboxes I wonder whether there is a way to do this all automatically, i.e. by some for loop going through all the checkboxes. As I am a complete rookie in Excel I appreciate any hint / suggestions. Many thanks, Thiery You ...

Linking ActiveX Controls
I want to have a checkbox or two, that only become active or available for selection when a specific option button is selected. Can / how do I do this? I guessed that these controls were on a worksheet. I went into designmode and double clicked on one of the optionbuttons and pasted this code: Option Explicit Private Sub OptionButton1_Change() Me.CheckBox1.Enabled = CBool(Me.OptionButton1.Value) Me.CheckBox2.Enabled = CBool(Me.OptionButton1.Value) End Sub MikeyS wrote: > > I want to have a checkbox or two, that only become active or available for > selection when a s...

Confusion with forms and related subforms
Hello, I'm trying to figure out the concept of embedding subforms into main forms. I have main tables, 4 junction tables, and a few look-up tables (not all look-ups are listed below). If I'm reading it correctly, the junction tables which relate to the main tables should be in the form of a subform placed within the main form they relate to? I'm lost on the fact that I believe I have a subform which appears should be on another subform which should then be on a form. If this is correct, the form looks extremely busy and not user friendly, and just plain incorre...

Change font of CEdit control
This instance of CEdit is child control of CDialog. I tried to change font of CEdit control calling SetFont method. As font is changed but height of a line is still same, bottom of character is hidden by next line. How can I change font of CEdit control? "Joon-ho Ryu" <junoryu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Oy7YTD2aDHA.2672@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > This instance of CEdit is child control of CDialog. > I tried to change font of CEdit control calling SetFont method. > As font is changed but height of a line is still same, bottom of character > is hidden by ...

ListBox Controls
Is is possible to have more than one linked cell for a Listbox control? If so how!! THANKS!!!! Patty, Not that I know of, but you can link another cell to the linked cell. If the listbox linked cell is A1, then the other cell would be =A1. It'll be "output only" in that you can't change it (since that would destroy the link). If you want true two way operation (you can change either cell, and the other follows, as well as the listbox), it will require an event macro. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ----------------------------------------...

a problem when using a listctrl with checkbox
Hi all, I created a listctrl with checkbox (LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES) and found the checkbox could be set to checked/unchecked even by right-clicking. why? what special handling is needed for prohibiting it? thanks. bq You need to override the right click method in the control so make an extension of the listctrl class: In class wizard make a new class ListCtrlEx with base class CListCtrl. Then choose the dlg class and make a member variable for the list box say m_list and make it a control of type ListCtrlEx Then go to the message maps tab and choose class ListCtrlEx. Add a function for WM_R...