Change Report Title before Emailing

On the cmdUpdate_Click button, the record is appended to the permanent file,
a report is generated and emailed, and the form is cleared for the next
record.

I would like to append the date to the report title.  The date currently
prints as part of the subject line of the email,  but I do not want the
recipient to have to change/edit the document name.

I posted on the Report page but have not received a reply.

--
Teach me to fish!  Thanks for the help.
Pax, M

=?Utf-8?B?bSBzdHJvdXA=?= <mstroup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in news:45811C3B-F028-4ACE-8419-8B077EC3E9F5@microsoft.com:

> On the cmdUpdate_Click button, the record is appended to the
> permanent file,  a report is generated and emailed, and the form
> is cleared for the next record.
>
> I would like to append the date to the report title.  The date
> currently prints as part of the subject line of the email,  but I
> do not want the recipient to have to change/edit the document
> name.
>
> I posted on the Report page but have not received a reply.

Use the form's Open Event to set
me.caption = "ReportFilename " & format(now(),"yyyymmdd")

--
Bob Quintal

PA is y I've altered my email address.

Bob
9/28/2007 5:13:55 PM
On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 09:47:01 -0700, m stroup wrote:

> On the cmdUpdate_Click button, the record is appended to the permanent file,
> a report is generated and emailed, and the form is cleared for the next
> record.
>
> I would like to append the date to the report title.  The date currently
> prints as part of the subject line of the email,  but I do not want the
> recipient to have to change/edit the document name.
>
> I posted on the Report page but have not received a reply.

You could rename the report just before you send it, then rename it
back to the original name after it's sent.
..
Private Sub cmdUpdate_Click()

' Do any updating or whatever you need here

Dim strName As String
strName = "OriginalReportName"

Dim strNewName As String
strNewName = Format(Date(),"mm/dd/yyyy") & strName

On Error GoTo Err_Handler

' Rename the report to include the date
DoCmd.Rename strNewName, acReport, strName

' Do your emailing stuff here

Exit_cmdUpdate_Click:
    ' Reset Report name back to the original
    DoCmd.Rename strName, acReport, strNewName
    Exit Sub

Err_Handler:
    Resume Exit_cmdUpdate_Click

End Sub

You may need to add additional error handling.

--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

External data link change

Why does the change change to a number?

Duplicate copies of a report
page hi to all I have a report that needs about 4" of height for each record. When printed, I'd like 2 identical copies of the report to appear on the page separated by a dotted line. I'm new to reports, so I could use a few clues how to do this. Thank you Becky "Becky" <Becky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:641290ED-CA04-415B-9680-2E3BCF40921C@microsoft.com... > page hi to all > I have a report that needs about 4" of height for each record. When > printed, I'd like 2 identical copies of the report to appear on the page &...

incoming emails ok but can't send emails
I recently added a ES 2003 to an Exchange 5.5 org. and so far so good. Now I want to decomission 5.5 but when I stopped the services (as a test), I can't send email anymore but receiving works fine. - Telnet on exch2003 server port 25 is responding - nslookup works fine returning the proper MX record in the domain from outside I changed the MX record on the internal DNS server to point to the new ES 2003. I know MX records are related to incoming messages. So what did I miss ? TIA The 5.5 server still has an IMS. Add an SMTP Connector to the Ex2003 server and increase the co...

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Reports error 05-17-07
I have recently migrated our CRM database to a new SQL 2005 server. I have setup reportserver on the server which works fine. When accessing Reports in CRM, I get mixed results: On the CRM server, the report window opens fine but with no reports On the SQL server, I get an error message "ERROR: An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator" On other PC's I get the same error message. Is this a CRM error or a Report services error? It is getting slightly confusing now. Many thanks, Neil Paddock. Since you migrated the reports have you ch...

Automatically move original email to folder on reply
When replying to messages, I want the original email to be automatically moved to a folder within my mailbox. I have played around with the inbox rules however, it appears I can only automatically move a copy of my sent message to a designated folder, and not my original message. Each time I reply to messages I want them moved to folder x. I know I could just create a rule to move them all into folder x before I read them however, I want to leave my unreplied messages in my inbox so I know which messages still need responses. Any help much appreciated!! Thanks. You should be abl...

more on VBA function name change

Updating Contacts via Email
Can anyone recommend software that will send info update requests to everyone in my contacts folder and integrate their replies automatically? I found a program called Contacts Clinic, but I can't find any sort of review of it. Does it work? Is there a better alternative? I'm not looking forward to the prospect of calling every number in there to update manually. ...

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

Hourly Report
Does anyone know how to set up the following report: Hourly sales, by day of week over a period of time. For example, I'd like to know what our sales are by hour on Saturdays from Jan-Mar (i.e. total sales on Saturdays from 10-11AM for the three month period). Hoping this will give us a better idea of whether or not our store hours should be adjusted. It's hard to look at them one day at a time on the Z reports. It would be much easier to analyze over a period of time. -- Kris Hi Kris, I am not sure which Kris you are, but this is Akber Alwani Yes I have done this report ...

Cant send emails 06-04-10
I get the following message: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'free movies', Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E How do I fix it so I can get emails. ...

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

Prompted for password when running a report
Running CRm 3.0 on a single SBS 2003 box. Everything seems to work great except we get prompted for windows credentials when running a report. I verified the reports and reportserver website are using integrated authentication. The webserver is in the local intranet zone. Any ideas? Thanks Dave Dave, I'd first try adding the server as a 'trusted site' in IE, and under 'custom level' set User Authentication.Logon to "Automatic logon with current username and password". Hope that helps, Jeff Bennett CRM Practice Manager Solutions Consulting Group, Inc....

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension

2007 Outlook Creating folder when saving a HTML email with attachm
In Outlook 2007, when you open an email that is in HTML format with an attachment and want to save the email and attachment (specifically to a network drive), you click on File, Save As (not Save Attachments), it creates the email message as a HTML document, but there is no attachment in that document. It also creates a new folder in the same network folder the HTML document is in with the same name. The new folder contains 3 files, colorschememapping, file list which show as XML document and a file themedata which shows as Microsoft Office Theme. Is there any way to change t...

Blocking email address
we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so that no one in our organization gets that email. Could anyone tell me how to acheive this? Install an antispam service. Perhaps IMF will allow you to do this. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "ANDY" <ANDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44892250-76C8-418D-9705-DAE7F407A699@microsoft.com... > we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so > that no one in our organization gets that email. Coul...