Catch Error Message Tables Not Connected

I have a frontend and backend database. With my desktop it is on drive D:,
with my laptop it is on drive E:
How can I catch the error message at start up "Tables not connected". This
happens every time I move the frontend between the two comps. I just want to
reconnect when the frontend has been moved.

thx in advance for any hint

jokobe

A workaround and not a FIX is the DOS Subst command.

The Subst command "subst"itutes a drive letter for a folder path.
(like a local mapped drive)
on one computer:

subst z: d:\mydatabase

and on the other machine

subst z: e:\mydatabase

then link all your MDB tables to Z:

you run the subst command from Start Run... or from a prompt, or save it in
a batch file (even AutoExec.bat) just do it BEFORE you open the MDB

I often link tables to mapped drives on LANs, and then use  Subst when I
take a copy to a standalone machine.
see DOS command Subst /? for help

hth
 rogher

"jokobe" wrote:

> I have a frontend and backend database. With my desktop it is on drive D:,
> with my laptop it is on drive E:
> How can I catch the error message at start up "Tables not connected". This
> happens every time I move the frontend between the two comps. I just want to
> reconnect when the frontend has been moved.
>
> thx in advance for any hint
>
> jokobe
thanks Roger,
a very helpful workaround, I tried it and it is working...

jokobe

"roger" wrote:

> A workaround and not a FIX is the DOS Subst command.
>
> The Subst command "subst"itutes a drive letter for a folder path.
> (like a local mapped drive)
> on one computer:
>
> subst z: d:\mydatabase
>
> and on the other machine
>
> subst z: e:\mydatabase
>
> then link all your MDB tables to Z:
>
> you run the subst command from Start Run... or from a prompt, or save it in
> a batch file (even AutoExec.bat) just do it BEFORE you open the MDB
>
> I often link tables to mapped drives on LANs, and then use  Subst when I
> take a copy to a standalone machine.
> see DOS command Subst /? for help
>
> hth
>  rogher
>
> "jokobe" wrote:
>
> > I have a frontend and backend database. With my desktop it is on drive D:,
> > with my laptop it is on drive E:
> > How can I catch the error message at start up "Tables not connected". This
> > happens every time I move the frontend between the two comps. I just want to
> > reconnect when the frontend has been moved.
> >
> > thx in advance for any hint
> >
> > jokobe

Catch WM_SIZE
Hi, How to catch the WM_SIZE message of a control created dynamically. I mean : BOOL CMyDialog::OnInitDialog() { CDialog::OnInitDialog(); // m_MyControl derived from CWND m_MyControl.Create( NULL, _T(""), WS_VISIBLE, CRect(10, 10, 0, 0), this, 1 ); } LRESULT CMyDialog::WindowProc(UINT message, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam) { switch (message) { case WM_SIZE : // Catch this message but when it is m_MyControl that is resizing. } } Regards, "Erakis" <Erakis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BC2F5F0-D19B-4B3E-9881-E...

Catch all email account
is there a way to set up a catch all email account with exchange 2003. Yes i know the implicaitons of doing this but i believe it is the only way to get this person to realize it is not a good idea after a day or two. In news:uu4FR3XHHHA.924@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, Andrew Mallette <andrewm270@aol.com> typed: > is there a way to set up a catch all email account with exchange 2003. > Yes i know the implicaitons of doing this but i believe it is the only > way to get this person to realize it is not a good idea after a day > or two. Check out MailBasket at www.turbogeeks.com. ...

Link Server error
I've link server set up and running the store procedure , the link server user is sysadmin. The sproc was running fine till 3 weeks suddenl its failing giving below error. Any help is appreciated (Message 0) OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "ServerA" returned message "No transaction is active.". [SQLSTATE 01000] (Message 7412). The step failed. Any help is appreciated Sejoo (sejal1410@gmail.com) writes: > I've link server set up and running the store procedure , the link > server user is sysadmin. The sproc was running fine...

Scheduled reports error
I am attempting to schedule a report to run daily. The wizard appears to work fine until I click "Finish". I then get the following error: Operation failed One or more steps in the request to create or update the snapshot or schedule failed. The following errors or warnings occurred: Unable to process the scheduling or snapshot options that you selected. To close this wizard, click Finish. After I click finish, the wizard closes and nothing is scheduled. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Neil Neil, I am getting the exact same errors and have tried different opt...

Microsoft Outlook Error Message
The Add-in "AVG Exchange Extension" (C:\Program~1\AVG\AVH9|avgxch32.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacturer for an update. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in. I have uninstalled AVG hence the error message, now every time I try to open Outlook 2007 I get the above message. I have no idea where to uninstall the Add-in can anyone help please. You don't mention what operating system you are using, but you just have to delete/rename the file named extend.dat when Outlook isn't running. ...

problems with program when I import tables from excell
I make a newletter that I import some tables and graphs from Excell. THis has happened before and now it just happened again. I saved and closed everything and when I tried to open the newsletter (several different ways) it says "Publisher cannot open the file". It's gone - Help. That was a lot of work and I don't want to start from scratch. What version Publisher? If you are using 2007 did you apply the service pack? Description of the Publisher 2007 hotfix package (Publisher-x-none.msp): October 27, 2009 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/976177/en-us...

Backup error Access Denied
I have been recieving the following error message for a while and can't figure out how to fix it. It is only happening on one mailbox. "Backup - \\MBMAIL\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes Access denied to file Jhon Doe [jdoe]Top of Information StoreSync IssuesServer FailuresMail Delivery (failure jdoe@xyz.com)." Help Please Can you access the mailbox from a mail client? If so, you can use mdbvu to look at the Top of the Information store folder, and delete the message in there. If you cannot access the mailbox, then I have seen it where some users think they are ...

GP CRM Adapter error.
Any one having a failure when trying to view the log file in the new Dynamics GP CRM Adapter? After I applied Feature Pack 2, I am unable to view a log file. When I click on the log, the system becomes unresponsive and finally throws an error and debug option. I have installed CRM4.0 Update Rollup 7 and have now installed Update Rollup 10. I am also not able to see certain things in CRM like the Add Price List Item option. thanks for help First, please apply feature pack 3. There is a good chance that you have a very large number of exceptions to be displayed in the cli...

Mappings link error
When clicking on mappings for any entity, I am receiving this error: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown The task manager shows a memory Commit Charge: 4203M/5970M. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks, -Rick M. Second quick points, I'd check the amount of availible disk space, and also look in the Event Log to see if this provides any further informatioin. If your still having trouble with the issue - post the entry from the Event Log onto the board and we should be able to determine what is causing the problem. -- Kind Regards, Paul Mc...

catching VK_SPACE in a CHotkeyCtrl
hi all, when i create a CHotKeyCtrl ( even in a new and empty project in an empty dialog) i cannot catch any VK_SPACE key combination, eg if i press Ctrl+Space the hotkey control immediately shows "None" instead. Also the "Del" key cannot be handled. any ideas Peter ...

SQL 2008 intellisense errors Invalid Object
3 days ago I switched out my old SQL 2005 (SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS) server for a new one with SQL 2008(SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS). I created the Linked Server to my second server that runs SQL 2005 (Latin1_General_BIN) with the default Linked Server settings. When trying to compile stored procedures from the new SQL 2008 server that calls objects on the second SQL 2005 server I was getting an error (Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" and "Latin1_General_BIN" in the equal to operation) I found that SQL 2008 by...

Error.exe
My (sole) E2003 server reports a couple of 1022 errors each week. I am not particularly worried about these as they are for currently unused accounts, but when I click the 'More information' link from the Event log, it tells me to use error.exe to decode the error. What is error.exe and where can I get hold of it? Thanks I tend to use this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=be596899-7bb8-4208-b7fc-09e02a13696c&DisplayLang=en -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Alistair Taylor" &...

Form code and message box help continued
continued from a post on Sunday 8/12/2007 Could someone please tell me if I am close with this code or am I completly off track. What I want to achieve is: If the user is entering trainers onto a roster and they select a trainer who will be on leave on that date, I want them to receive a message telling them the trainer is not available. The form has these controls TrainerId TrainerName RosterdDate StartTime EndTime I also have a table for leave which is tblTrainerLeave and has the following controls TrainerID LeaveStartDate LeaveEndDate Private Sub TrainerID_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As...

SOAP error
I am getting this error when I am making SOAP call to a webservice. I am using perl - SOAPLite HTTP/1.1 500 (Internal Server Error) Internal Server Error. Cache-Control: private Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 14:49:36 GMT Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0 Content-Length: 476 Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 Client-Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 14:48:27 GMT Client-Peer: x.x.x.x Client-Response-Num: 1 X-AspNet-Version: 1.1.4322 X-Powered-By: ASP.NET <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi= "...

Handling HDN_ENDDRAG Message from ListView Header
I'm using Visual C++ 6.0, but my code is C not C++. I am trying to implement drag-and-drop column re-ordering in a ListView control. When I trap the HDN_ENDDRAG message, I can't get it to not re-order the columns, so I can do it myself. MS documentation says: Return Values To allow the control to automatically place and reorder the item, return FALSE. To prevent the item from being placed, return TRUE. But it doesn't matter whether I return TRUE or FALSE, it re-orders the column headers either way. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks. >I am trying to implement ...

Lookup a value in a table and display text if a value exists
I have a customer database form named frmMain with a field called txtAgency. I also have a table that has a column of agency codes that are in the Outlook Global directory. The table is called tbl_Global and consist of about 40 records. If the user inputs an agency that is within this table on the frmMain, I want the phone number field (txtPhone) on the database form to automatically display "See Outlook". If the agency is not within this list, I want the end user to be able input a value on the form. What is the best way to go about this? Use DLookup() to get t...

Reporting Services error when reinstalling DPM 07
I'm in the process of upgrading DPM 2007 to 2010. I did the O/S upgrade from 2003 to 2008 Server. Now I'm trying to re-install DPM 2007 and I can't get past the prerequisite check. The error is below: Setup has detected that the installation of Reporting Services is not correctly configured or no instance of Reporting Services is linked to of SQL Server. 1)To use the local dedicated MS$DPM2007$ instance with DPM, uninstall SQL Server and run setup again. 2)To use the option of installing DPM with an existing instance of SQL Server, make sure that the Reporting ...

extract email address from message
I get email messages forwarded to me from an information desk. I have to reply to the original sender of the message. Is there a way to scan the message and find the original sender's email address and put that in the To: field? Regards David david <cascando@legs.com> wrote: > I get email messages forwarded to me from an information desk. > I have to reply to the original sender of the message. > Is there a way to scan the message and find the original sender's > email address and put that in the To: field? Not unless the forwarder includes it. -- Brian Tillman...

FRx Printer Error
We're trying to change a printer in FRX; but get the error: Error: 0. Occured in: PrintCommonDialog() I did find an earlier thread on this; but the solution did not work.. This is for FRx 6.7 SP10 and GP10 All GP users are Terminal Server Users. Any ideas? Willwonka, I suggest you initially try resolving this issue by visiting KB article 931722 and see which cause may apply to your situation. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "willwonka" wrote: > We're trying to change a print...

DLookup error
I'm trying to reference a control on a subreport in a DLookup formula. This is my formula =(DLookUp("[txtletter]","[tblComplaintnbr]","[txtYear]=Reports![rptcomplaintsPage1]![rptcomplaints].[txtYear]") & [txtrefnbr]) Where rptcomplaintsPage1 is the main report and rptcomplaints is the subreport and the control txtyear is on the subreport. can anyone see where I'm going wrong? I've tried using a ! before txtyear and that doesn't work either. Thanks Tony Solved I missed out the last Report! before the control name and I've been loo...

Inbound Messages Are Sitting in the 'inbound awaiting delivery' qu
I was wondering if anyone out there has seen this before. We are running a mixed Exchange 5.5 and E2K3 messaging environment. The Exchange 5.5 box is a bridgehead server. I have noticed that in the last 4 days, messages sit in the 'inbound awaiting delivery' queue of the Internet Mail Service (Connector) on the 5.5 box for about 15 minutes, before they are delivered to the respective mailboxes. For the most part the recipients are on th same LAN. I have followed Q193862, but that has not solved my problem. Any ideas someone? Thanks. Do you have antispam on E2K3? TD wrote: >...

VBA Error Message "Compile Error...."
I used a macro from Ron's website to mail each worksheet to the email address in cell a1. I ran this macro and it worked perfectly for one workbook BUT... when I tried to use it for another workbook I got the follwing error message "Microsoft Visual Basic Compile Error Can't find project or library Ok Help". Help me please... do I have to check some more references in the VBA tools? Thanks, Steve Hi Steve Have you set the reference to Outlook in that other workbook also ? You must do that in every workbook or you can use Late binding. See my site for a example --...

Error 0x800ccc67
Dear sir help me for this error show in Outlook. Outlook and Outlook Express are entirely different programs. You will get better help in an MS Outlook newsgroup: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general And when you ask, post the entire error message verbatim. Thank you. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Kapil Wadhwa" <Kapil Wadhwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A2AFFC8-D23E-419D-BE31-8DF6E4B39293@microsoft.com... >...

Items table Revisited
I thought it best to start new from the thread "Items Table help" that I originally posted. Original Post: I have a photography business that I am setting up a database for tracking sales by customer, item, demographics etc. I'd like some advise on the items table, I have over a hundred photographs that I currently offer for sale and each photograph is offered in various sizes as well as being a print only, matted or matted and framed. This is going to make the items table quite extensive. This is an example of what I have right now: Item Size Type Moulton Barn ...

how to catch key stroke events "globally"
How do can one catch key pressed events "globally"? By that, I don't mean by the main app, I mean, say for example you want to create a "panic button". So that say you're running what ever app (not the one you made), and you want to catch/use the escape key as your panic button. The user presses the escape key, and all windows become hidden. The first problem, is catching the escape key, the second is iterating all top level apps/windows. "Martin Ortiz" <martinortiz@optonline.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:u6eERqJ8DHA.488@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... ...