can't edit text in text boxes

what could possibly cause this (I'm out of areas to look)

I'm in the process of developing a project and have a main menu form with
various controls, text boxes, tabs, etc (the usual stuff)
Suddenly (by accident, I notice that I can't edit any of the textboxes...
all of the other controls work, just not the text...

- the boxes are enabled and allow edits...
- the form is enabled...
- the form's data source is correct (I think.. the text boxes are filling in
with the correct information... - the data source is a 1-record table);
- if I open the data table in data sheet view, it's editable?

I'm simply confused

thanks in advance,
mark

0
mark

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 18:00:44 -0400, "mark kubicki" <mark@tillotsondesign.com>
wrote:

>what could possibly cause this (I'm out of areas to look)
>
>I'm in the process of developing a project and have a main menu form with
>various controls, text boxes, tabs, etc (the usual stuff)
>Suddenly (by accident, I notice that I can't edit any of the textboxes...
>all of the other controls work, just not the text...
>
>- the boxes are enabled and allow edits...
>- the form is enabled...
>- the form's data source is correct (I think.. the text boxes are filling in
>with the correct information... - the data source is a 1-record table);
>- if I open the data table in data sheet view, it's editable?
>
>I'm simply confused
>
>thanks in advance,
>mark

Just make sure that the Enabled property of each textbox is Yes; its Locked
property is No; its Control Source is the desired field; and that the form
itself is Enabled.

It's possible that you have some sort of corruption, though; try making a
backup of your database and then using Tools... Database Utilities... Compact
and Repair.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
4/11/2007 11:23:22 PM
tried all of your suggestions (thanks); unfortunately, none of them
worked... anything else?

?
> On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 18:00:44 -0400, "mark kubicki"
> <mark@tillotsondesign.com>
> wrote:
>
>>what could possibly cause this (I'm out of areas to look)
>>
>>I'm in the process of developing a project and have a main menu form with
>>various controls, text boxes, tabs, etc (the usual stuff)
>>Suddenly (by accident, I notice that I can't edit any of the textboxes...
>>all of the other controls work, just not the text...
>>
>>- the boxes are enabled and allow edits...
>>- the form is enabled...
>>- the form's data source is correct (I think.. the text boxes are filling
>>in
>>with the correct information... - the data source is a 1-record table);
>>- if I open the data table in data sheet view, it's editable?
>>
>>I'm simply confused
>>
>>thanks in advance,
>>mark
>>

> Just make sure that the Enabled property of each textbox is Yes; its
> Locked
> property is No; its Control Source is the desired field; and that the form
> itself is Enabled.
>
> It's possible that you have some sort of corruption, though; try making a
> backup of your database and then using Tools... Database Utilities...
> Compact
> and Repair.
>
>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
mark
4/12/2007 4:37:06 PM
On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 12:37:06 -0400, "mark kubicki" <mark@tillotsondesign.com>
wrote:

>tried all of your suggestions (thanks); unfortunately, none of them
>worked... anything else?

Sounds like the form itself has become corrupt. I'd try creating a new form,
and copy and paste all the controls from this form onto the new one (along
with any code behind the controls). If the new form works, delete the old one
and compact the database to get rid of its residue.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

How do I stop lines of text breaking where I don't want them to?
>> Mr Devlin asked Sen-Sgt Hurley if he was aware that (police procedural) >> rules >> clearly prohibit officers (involved in any incident to be investigated) >> from talking >> among themselves because it may contaminate evidence. How do I make the lines wrap correctly? If you click on the Show/Hide (¶) button and it reveals a ¶ after the words "rules" and "talking", See the article "Cleaning up text pasted from the Web” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm -- Hope this helps. ...

Text Only for Macros in Excel 2007?
Hello, I'm using the Office 2007 Beta and haven't been able to rename macros I've created and added to the ribbon. Even though I type the name I want, it only shows the symbol until you mouse over it, then it shows up with the correct name as a tool tip. I can't find the option to have it display "text only" instead of symbols. Does anyone know where this is? Thanks Jim ...

Text Wrap in OL 2002
Hi can I control the text wrap in OL 2002 WIN XP? I use Word as the email editor and use html format. Tx a lot. S ...

editting auto recovery

Offset works for numbers, not for text
I have several cells containing calls to offset of the form: =OFFSET(Col1,Index,0) =OFFSET(Col2,Index,0) =OFFSET(Col3,Index,0) All but one of the columns have numeric data. They all work fine. One column has text data. The source cell is formatted as "text" as is the destination (where the formula above is). Instead of showing the text data, it shows the formula. I've ftried formatting the destination cell as Text, General, & Number. They all show the formula. Help! Just re-formatting is not enough. Re-format AND re-enter the formula (F2, ENTER) -- Kind regards, Ni...

BOM & Edit List

can I display the file name of the imported text file in another c
When I refresh data and select a file I would like that file name displayed in another cell because within the file name is a date & time stamp relating to the contents. For example if the imported filename is count_200505110035.csv then I want a cell in the worksheet to display count_200505110035.csv. Any ideas welcomed please? ...

Text Wrap #2
Is there anywhere in Publisher that i can customise my preferences? I would like to change the default settings for inserting an image to no text wrap. This is a time consuming process everytime i insert an image (right click, format object, layout tab, wrapping style "none", ok), would be so much for efficient for me if i could change the default settings so that the image came in like this when inserted (currently the default wrapping style is "square"). Any ideas? ...

? Both Help Box AND Minimize Box in Title Bar of MFC Dialog App
Hi, I assume that this question has been asked before but since I can't find it anywhere... How can you put both a question-mark context-sensitive help button AND a Minimize/Maximize Box in the title bar of a Dialog mode MFC app? Thanks -- Alec asoroudi@synetech.cjb.net ...

Editing
Hi! Could you please tell me how to remove a linked transaction within the budget planner. For example, I have a double entry under the debt category. ...

editing a drop down #2
that's not one of my choices. -- kateweb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931 what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any value"? if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look at it cheers JulieD "kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kateweb.1fictb@excelfor...

Macro to edit details
Hi, i am currently trying to create a macro regarding editing staf details on a worksheet....... therefore i recorded a macro and named it editstafflist, i highlighte my headings...and then went to 'data > form' and then had to close th form and then stop my macro. It wouldnt allow me to stop my macr whilst the dialogue box was open. Anyways after stopping the macro drew out a button and assigned this 'editstafflist' macro to it. saved my sheet and then clicked on the button, but a error '1004' kep occuring, can anyone please help me on this as i am rather stuck ...

Bug with Combo Box?
Hi, I have noticed that either on a web page or a desktop application form, Combo box always appear at the top of each control either you change the z index or not. Is that a bug with Combo box or what? Is there any way to send the combo box behind some control (button, static) ? Thanks in advance. Fahad Ashfaque fahad_ashfaque@yahoo.com Change the Z order doesn't work? "Fahad Ashfaque" <fahad_ashfaque@yahoo.com> д����Ϣ���� :05dc01c39f4d$9294cf70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > I have noticed that either on a web page or a desktop > application for...

print box has changed in Publisher, how do get the other one back
I had the regular print box that came up in Publisher, the one with more information and you can show the picture of what is printing. It went away and I can not get it back. The print box that displays now is the normal one that shows up on everything else. What version Publisher? Are you asking about the mini-preview in the Print dialogue? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Judy" <Judy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:971570E4-882A-422E-B662-9E4552640197@microsoft.com... >I had the regular print box that came up in Publisher, the one with mor...

Display text as date
Hey guys :) I use this formula =">="&DATEVALUE(Files!D3)+TIMEVALUE(Files!D3) to display and use as filteroption. (Dont ask why I have to do this exercise....) However the formula works all right but the display appears as decimalnumber in this text expression: Actual displayed: >=40170,6145833333 Wanted displayed: >=23.12.2009 14:45:00 I KNOW that there is some way to transform the expression displayed, but have not found anything useful on the web - so far. Are there anybody called to give me a hand on this one? Best regards Snoopy (Wish you a Happy ...

Data collection Form Edit
We have a form which will be used almost daily, for data collection, based on a query. During the test we found a typo in one of the field labels where a brief description is included. Is there some way to edit the form? (recreating it with all the custom lables is just too long a task). Another issue on this topic, every time the form is sent, the messge reverts to the default "Please fill out the form and retunr it to me". Can this default message be changed? Nothing in the help functions. Any advice, or deirection to a learning resource will be appreciated. Thanks is adva...

Lines of text disappearing in Word Tables
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hi, <br> I'm having a weird issue with text within tables in my word document. For some reason, if I delete the last row of a table that I'm working on, the previous row's text disappears. What's even more strange is that the first line of text disappears if there are two lines of text in the row, and the second row is fine. <br><br>Any help would be greatly appreciated! Sorry, not enough detail to answer. 1) Select the entire row and choose Edit>Clear>Clear Formatting. Now what ha...

Setting caret in edit control & activating it.
Hello Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an edit control ? Nicholas Take a look at the CEdit::SetSel() member function. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message news:3f9d418a$0$106$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > Hello > > Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an > edit control ? > > Nicholas > > If you are asking how to create & use your own caret in an edit control then check...

Multiple Hyperlink inside the Text boxt?
How do I create multipal hyperlink inside the text box. You can't but there is a workaround. In Word create you list of keywords and assign a hyperlink to each word in your list. Select all the words in you list and copy them ctrl+c In excel select paste special and then Microsoft word document object and OK. You now have the object embedded and you can re-size as necessary. Double click the object and then ctrl + click to follow and of the links you created. In truth is a lot easier to ceate links directly in Excel with 1 link per cell. Mike "Anand vijay" wrote: > Ho...

"Windows PowerShell Cookbook" by Lee Holmes second edition draft available for viewing and comments
O'Reilly Books has made the working text of the PS V2 second edition of Lee Holmes' "Windows PowerShell Cookbook" available for viewing and comments at http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ - Larry In message <exi7SKRyKHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Larry__Weiss <lfw@airmail.net> writes >O'Reilly Books has made the working text of the PS V2 second edition >of Lee Holmes' "Windows PowerShell Cookbook" available for viewing and >comments at > > http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ > > - Larry > Aw...

Assign text to numeric value
have weekly store gross profit report(s) and want to assign a letter based on a range of $0, 1000,2000,3000,4000,5000, 6000 which would return 7,6,5,4,3,2,1 respectively...have tried =lookup(A1,{0,1000,2000,3000,4000,5000,6000},{"7","6","5","4","3","2",1"}) which gives the same rating for all stores. is cntl-shft required with the use of braces { }? thx Will something like: =ROUNDUP((7000-A2)/1000,0) work?? -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Reno" wrote: > have weekly store gross p...