Can't Assign Value to this Object

I think I've seen this problem before but I can't remember the reason or
solution.  I have a form (in add mode) whose record source is a single
table.  For most fields on the form, the user will input data, but for a
couple of fields I am trying to populate them with the values of global
variables.  I've got the global variables working (I can assign one to an
unbound text box on the form), but when I try to assign the variable value
to a bound text box, I get an error message that "Run-time error 2448: You
can't assign a value to this object".  Here is my code:

Private Sub Form_Load()
    If Me.OpenArgs = "Add" Then
        DeclareDefaults    'This is a public sub that assigns values to
public variables
        Me.txtDefLastName = defLastName    'assign global defLastName to the
unbound text box me.txtDefLastName.  THIS WORKS.
        Me.txtEmployeeLastName = defLastName    'TRY to assign global
defLastName to the bound text box Me.txtEmployeeLastName.  ERRORS OUT.
    End If
End Sub

Am I trying to do this too soon with the Form_Load.  Where would be the
better event to tie this action to?
--

Peter Marshall
Manager Information Services

0
Peter

The problem may be that at the Load event Access doesn't yet know to which
record you want to add the value.  You should be able to use the Current
event, but I have to say I wonder about using public variables.  Are these
module-level (i.e. in the current code module only), or are they in a
standard module?  Are they things such as the logged-on user's name?  I tend
to avoid the use of public variables whenever possible, as there is some risk
of their losing their values, particularly if there is an unhandled error.  I
generally use either function calls or references to values on hidden forms,
but others use custom properties and other means I do not fully understand.
There has been a lot of discussion about this subject.  A groups search
should turn up plenty of hits.  It would probably be worth doing some
investigation to make sure you can rely on the values being what they should
be.

Peter Marshall wrote:
>I think I've seen this problem before but I can't remember the reason or
>solution.  I have a form (in add mode) whose record source is a single
>table.  For most fields on the form, the user will input data, but for a
>couple of fields I am trying to populate them with the values of global
>variables.  I've got the global variables working (I can assign one to an
>unbound text box on the form), but when I try to assign the variable value
>to a bound text box, I get an error message that "Run-time error 2448: You
>can't assign a value to this object".  Here is my code:
>
>Private Sub Form_Load()
>    If Me.OpenArgs = "Add" Then
>        DeclareDefaults    'This is a public sub that assigns values to
>public variables
>        Me.txtDefLastName = defLastName    'assign global defLastName to the
>unbound text box me.txtDefLastName.  THIS WORKS.
>        Me.txtEmployeeLastName = defLastName    'TRY to assign global
>defLastName to the bound text box Me.txtEmployeeLastName.  ERRORS OUT.
>    End If
>End Sub
>
>Am I trying to do this too soon with the Form_Load.  Where would be the
>better event to tie this action to?

BruceM
2/2/2010 3:28:25 PM
In addition to Bruce's comments on Global variables (of which I fully agree),
you should use the Open even of the form rather than Load.  As Load fires
before Open, there is much that is not available yet.

hth

--
Jack Leach
www.tristatemachine.com

"I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that don''t work."
-Thomas Edison (1847-1931)

"Peter Marshall" wrote:

> I think I've seen this problem before but I can't remember the reason or
> solution.  I have a form (in add mode) whose record source is a single
> table.  For most fields on the form, the user will input data, but for a
> couple of fields I am trying to populate them with the values of global
> variables.  I've got the global variables working (I can assign one to an
> unbound text box on the form), but when I try to assign the variable value
> to a bound text box, I get an error message that "Run-time error 2448: You
> can't assign a value to this object".  Here is my code:
>
> Private Sub Form_Load()
>     If Me.OpenArgs = "Add" Then
>         DeclareDefaults    'This is a public sub that assigns values to
> public variables
>         Me.txtDefLastName = defLastName    'assign global defLastName to the
> unbound text box me.txtDefLastName.  THIS WORKS.
>         Me.txtEmployeeLastName = defLastName    'TRY to assign global
> defLastName to the bound text box Me.txtEmployeeLastName.  ERRORS OUT.
>     End If
> End Sub
>
> Am I trying to do this too soon with the Form_Load.  Where would be the
> better event to tie this action to?
> --
>
> Peter Marshall
> Manager Information Services
> Ohio Coatings Company
> 740.859.5560 (w)
>

> .

Wait wait wait... that order of events may not be correct... either way
though, I tend to use Open for this type of stuff rather than Load.  You can
try, if not possibly you can isolate the first occurence of the Current event
as Bruce mentioned.

--

"Jack Leach" wrote:

> In addition to Bruce's comments on Global variables (of which I fully agree),
> you should use the Open even of the form rather than Load.  As Load fires
> before Open, there is much that is not available yet.
>
> hth
>
> --
> Jack Leach
> www.tristatemachine.com
>
> "I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that don''t work."
> -Thomas Edison (1847-1931)
>

> "Peter Marshall" wrote:
>
> > I think I've seen this problem before but I can't remember the reason or
> > solution.  I have a form (in add mode) whose record source is a single
> > table.  For most fields on the form, the user will input data, but for a
> > couple of fields I am trying to populate them with the values of global
> > variables.  I've got the global variables working (I can assign one to an
> > unbound text box on the form), but when I try to assign the variable value
> > to a bound text box, I get an error message that "Run-time error 2448: You
> > can't assign a value to this object".  Here is my code:
> >
> > Private Sub Form_Load()
> >     If Me.OpenArgs = "Add" Then
> >         DeclareDefaults    'This is a public sub that assigns values to
> > public variables
> >         Me.txtDefLastName = defLastName    'assign global defLastName to the
> > unbound text box me.txtDefLastName.  THIS WORKS.
> >         Me.txtEmployeeLastName = defLastName    'TRY to assign global
> > defLastName to the bound text box Me.txtEmployeeLastName.  ERRORS OUT.
> >     End If
> > End Sub
> >
> > Am I trying to do this too soon with the Form_Load.  Where would be the
> > better event to tie this action to?
> > --
> >
> > Peter Marshall
> > Manager Information Services
> > Ohio Coatings Company
> > 740.859.5560 (w)
> >

> > .

Open is before Load.  I expect either would be fine for the unbound control,
but for the bound control Open and Load are too soon to assign a value to a
field in specific record in the form's recordset (other than by opening and
adding to a recordset programatically, but that is not what is being
described here).

Jack Leach wrote:
>Wait wait wait... that order of events may not be correct... either way
>though, I tend to use Open for this type of stuff rather than Load.  You can
>try, if not possibly you can isolate the first occurence of the Current event
>as Bruce mentioned.
>
>> In addition to Bruce's comments on Global variables (of which I fully agree),
>> you should use the Open even of the form rather than Load.  As Load fires
>[quoted text clipped - 24 lines]
>> > Am I trying to do this too soon with the Form_Load.  Where would be the
>> > better event to tie this action to?

BruceM
2/2/2010 5:45:20 PM
Gentlemen,

Thanks for the replies.  I was on the right track in that the Load event
seemed to be too soon to populate a bound control on the form that is based
on a table.  I also found that the Open event is too soon, whichever does
come first.  I ended up using the form's Form_Activate event and that works
just fine.

As for the public variables, I am designing a time entry database for
multiple users for which the back-end will reside on a network drive with
all user records and the front-end will reside on each user's PC.  There is
a tblUserDefaults table in each user's front-end with that particular user's
default fields such as FirstName, LastName, StartTime, EndTime, WorkCode.
As a user fires up the application, the Switchboard triggers code that loads
the default field values into Public variables one time only for that
session.  As the user creates a new time record, those fields on the time
entry form are automatically populated but can be overridden by the user.
That was my first experience with Public variables, so I will take your
recommendations into account.  Thanks again.

"BruceM via AccessMonster.com" <u54429@uwe> wrote in message
> The problem may be that at the Load event Access doesn't yet know to which
> record you want to add the value.  You should be able to use the Current
> event, but I have to say I wonder about using public variables.  Are these
> module-level (i.e. in the current code module only), or are they in a
> standard module?  Are they things such as the logged-on user's name?  I
> tend
> to avoid the use of public variables whenever possible, as there is some
> risk
> of their losing their values, particularly if there is an unhandled error.
> generally use either function calls or references to values on hidden
> forms,
> but others use custom properties and other means I do not fully
> understand.
> There has been a lot of discussion about this subject.  A groups search
> should turn up plenty of hits.  It would probably be worth doing some
> investigation to make sure you can rely on the values being what they
> should
> be.
>
> Peter Marshall wrote:
>>I think I've seen this problem before but I can't remember the reason or
>>solution.  I have a form (in add mode) whose record source is a single
>>table.  For most fields on the form, the user will input data, but for a
>>couple of fields I am trying to populate them with the values of global
>>variables.  I've got the global variables working (I can assign one to an
>>unbound text box on the form), but when I try to assign the variable value
>>to a bound text box, I get an error message that "Run-time error 2448: You
>>can't assign a value to this object".  Here is my code:
>>
>>Private Sub Form_Load()
>>    If Me.OpenArgs = "Add" Then
>>        DeclareDefaults    'This is a public sub that assigns values to
>>public variables
>>        Me.txtDefLastName = defLastName    'assign global defLastName to
>> the
>>unbound text box me.txtDefLastName.  THIS WORKS.
>>        Me.txtEmployeeLastName = defLastName    'TRY to assign global
>>defLastName to the bound text box Me.txtEmployeeLastName.  ERRORS OUT.
>>    End If
>>End Sub
>>
>>Am I trying to do this too soon with the Form_Load.  Where would be the
>>better event to tie this action to?

Peter
2/4/2010 9:54:58 PM
Peter Marshall wrote:

>I think I've seen this problem before but I can't remember the reason or
>solution.  I have a form (in add mode) whose record source is a single
>table.  For most fields on the form, the user will input data, but for a
>couple of fields I am trying to populate them with the values of global
>variables.  I've got the global variables working (I can assign one to an
>unbound text box on the form), but when I try to assign the variable value
>to a bound text box, I get an error message that "Run-time error 2448: You
>can't assign a value to this object".  Here is my code:
>
>Private Sub Form_Load()
>    If Me.OpenArgs = "Add" Then
>        DeclareDefaults    'This is a public sub that assigns values to
>public variables
>        Me.txtDefLastName = defLastName    'assign global defLastName to the
>unbound text box me.txtDefLastName.  THIS WORKS.
>        Me.txtEmployeeLastName = defLastName    'TRY to assign global
>defLastName to the bound text box Me.txtEmployeeLastName.  ERRORS OUT.
>    End If
>End Sub
>
>Am I trying to do this too soon with the Form_Load.  Where would be the
>better event to tie this action to?

That's the wrong thing to do in either event.  If you set a
bound control's Value before the user has a chance to do
anything, you will dirty the record.  If the user decides
that's not what they wanted to do, either a mostly empty
record will be saved or the user will have to remember to
hit the Esc key until the record is clean before closing or
backing out of the form.

Most of the time, it is more appropriate to set the
control's DafaultValue property:

	Me.txtDefLastName.DefaultValue = """" & defLastName & """"

That can be done in the form's Open event.

Note that the DefaultValue property is only applied to a new
record when the user actually starts to enter something.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

--

"Marshall Barton" <marshbarton@wowway.com> wrote in message
> Peter Marshall wrote:
>
>>I think I've seen this problem before but I can't remember the reason or
>>solution.  I have a form (in add mode) whose record source is a single
>>table.  For most fields on the form, the user will input data, but for a
>>couple of fields I am trying to populate them with the values of global
>>variables.  I've got the global variables working (I can assign one to an
>>unbound text box on the form), but when I try to assign the variable value
>>to a bound text box, I get an error message that "Run-time error 2448: You
>>can't assign a value to this object".  Here is my code:
>>
>>Private Sub Form_Load()
>>    If Me.OpenArgs = "Add" Then
>>        DeclareDefaults    'This is a public sub that assigns values to
>>public variables
>>        Me.txtDefLastName = defLastName    'assign global defLastName to
>> the
>>unbound text box me.txtDefLastName.  THIS WORKS.
>>        Me.txtEmployeeLastName = defLastName    'TRY to assign global
>>defLastName to the bound text box Me.txtEmployeeLastName.  ERRORS OUT.
>>    End If
>>End Sub
>>
>>Am I trying to do this too soon with the Form_Load.  Where would be the
>>better event to tie this action to?
>

> That's the wrong thing to do in either event.  If you set a
> bound control's Value before the user has a chance to do
> anything, you will dirty the record.  If the user decides
> that's not what they wanted to do, either a mostly empty
> record will be saved or the user will have to remember to
> hit the Esc key until the record is clean before closing or
> backing out of the form.
>
> Most of the time, it is more appropriate to set the
> control's DafaultValue property:
>
> Me.txtDefLastName.DefaultValue = """" & defLastName & """"
>
> That can be done in the form's Open event.
>
> Note that the DefaultValue property is only applied to a new
> record when the user actually starts to enter something.
>
> --
> Marsh
> MVP [MS Access]

0
Peter

assign a shortcut key in access
I want to assign a shortcut key in a form like when a user presses CTRL+S a code should run like Go To Control combo1 and me.combo1.dropdwon any way to do this? You need to yous the AutoKeys macro. Here's a very good explanation of how to do that! http://www22.brinkster.com/accessory/macros/002.shtml -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200707/1 missinglinq via AccessMonster.com wrote: > You need to yous the AutoKeys macro. Here&...

How do I show formulas (in values) for the calculation?
when i'm doing caluclations in excel, i want to "show my work". I dont mean just showing the formula (eg. =A10 + B20, you can do this if you copy/paste the function in the cell). But instead, say if the value in A10 is 1 and B20 is 2, i want it to show "=1+2" in the cell. I understand if I type in the cell: '=A10& "+" B20, it'll show what i want. but it'll be veyr troublesome. I need a more automated easier way, almost as easy as say copy and pasting as a special option. I need this so that show my work on the worksheet. Is there possibly a...

Access object pane out of place
The main switchboard on access is stuck towards the top of my display and I can't click on the top bar to move the window around or maximize it. How do I fix this? never mind...... "gator" wrote: > The main switchboard on access is stuck towards the top of my display and I > can't click on the top bar to move the window around or maximize it. How do > I fix this? "gator" <gator@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion : B5CACF0D-C525-4EED-ABAF-68B6742FF1E1@microsoft.com... > The main...

Find records that belong to a combo box value
I added a combo box to an Excel wks. I need to find all the records on the same worksheet where column B value=ComboBox value. Then I need to copy the records and paste into another worksheet. Is there a way of doing this in Excel? I appreciate any help. Thank you. If this is not what you are looking for, maybe you can adapt it to do what you want. The code below goes into the Sheet code module for the sheet with the combobox. To access the code module, right click the sheet tab and then click View Code on the pop up menu. Copy the code below and paste it into the code windo...

Return a charactar from a cell value
Simple question! How do I return a scharactar from a cell value in VB? Like... ANSWER = Left(Activecell.Value, 10) Msgbox ANSWER ....but for example I just want to return one charactar, the ninth, from the cell value. regards Marcus Marcus, MsgBox Left(ActiveCell, 10) or: Dim MyString as String MyString = ActiveCell.Value MsgBox MyString -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Marcus Ostman" <marcus.ostman@smg.net> wrote in message news:c9ee00b1.0408110649.604966f2@posting.google.com... > Simple questi...

See if cell value appears within a value range given by another cell.
In one column (b), have the figure of 470 In another column (a), a cell contains values containing a number, a dash and another number: "425 - 490" I need to check to determine if the number 470 is found within a range defined by a cells contents. In this case, yes, it's equal to or between them. (The dash may or may not have spaces around it. ..could be 425-490, or 425 - 490.) The column (b) item can be the 425, or the 490 and any number in between. Need to do a vlookup to find if the 470 is present in any of the assorted ranges contained in column (a). Thank...

change pixel values in a CBitmap
Hi, I hava CBitmap object that i wish to iterate over and change the values of certain pixel colors, how is this done? thanks in advance lee First, you will have to use GetBitmapBits() and then you'll have to use SetBitmapBits(). Hope this helps. Saul775 "Lee" wrote: > Hi, > > I hava CBitmap object that i wish to iterate over and change the values > of certain pixel colors, how is this done? > > thanks in advance > lee > > Might I also mention that you may want to use GetBitmapDimension(). "Saul775" wrote: > First, you will ...

WEEE value
how everyone handle WEEE in GP? many thanks I don't handle WEEE in GP. I toddle off the the bathroom... Clint "hlv" <hlv@woosh.co.nz> wrote in message news:1158286022.533813.320660@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > > how everyone handle WEEE in GP? > > many thanks > ...

Outlook Object Model Threading
Hello all, after months of working in an addin for outlook using OOM, I found a big problem which is that OOM is not multithreaded as discussed in: http://groups.google.jo/group/microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins/browse_thread/thread/3b5bca8446787d33/0a3609c5934618a8?lnk=st&q=oom+thread+marshal&rnum=1&hl=en#0a3609c5934618a8 http://groups.google.jo/group/microsoft.public.developer.outlook.addins/browse_thread/thread/3984df29384d8816/0cd9ee67eed9d3c7?lnk=st&q=oom+thread+marshal&rnum=3&hl=en#0cd9ee67eed9d3c7 Problems started with multithreaded as I described in an e...

Set value of a field based on a value in a subform
Hello - I have a form to add a new record to a record set. I would like to create an AfterUpdate procedure that will set the value of one of the fields in the main form to the value of the related field in the sub form. The forms are linked by the BrdSN field. I have: Private Sub BrdSN_AfterUpdate() ' set the value of the BGA# field in the main form ' to the value in the BGA# field in the sub form Me![BGA#] = Me![MySubForm].Form![BGA#] End Sub but nothing is updating. Thanks for your help! sandy In which form's module is this co...

Assigning values from a sheet to an array
Can anyone explain why I get a runtime error with the code below.MANY THANKS! Option Explicit Option Base 1 Sub testing3() Dim Vt() As Double Dim j As Long Dim i As Long ReDim Preserve Vt(1 To 40) For i = 1 To 40 j = Int(Rnd() * 1100) Vt(i) = Worksheets("data").Cells(1, j) Next i End Sub ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Because j is greater than 256, the maximum number of columns in Excel. Alan Beban Ann...

No "Assign Macro"
In the Excel help files it indicates that you can execute a pre-recorded macro from a command button. It states to first record the macro, then create the button, then right click on the button to get the shortcut menu and choose Assign Macro. I have tried this in both Excel 97 and Excel 2002 and in both cases I do not have any such item as "Assign Macro". Am I missing something If not by this elusive shortcut menu item, how can I assign the pre recorded macro through code? Aaron, It may be that your working with a command button from the "Control Toolbox" instead of...

Serial Numbers auto assigned
S/N are being auto assigned when the SOP Setup Options DO NOT have "auto-assign serial numbers" marked. We do NOT want to use a separate fulfillment process. Up until a few months ago, everything was fine. Now, when a PO item, assigned to a sales line item comes in, the s/n is autoassigned. How can I get this to go back the way it was? Below is the way we have had our SOP set up for eight years - why has it changed? Set-up>SOP>ORDER Allocate by: Doc/Batch X Transfer Order to BO / Transfer Order to Invoice Options: X Allow repeating documents _ Use Separate Fulfil...

#VALUE! error: vlookup works in Excel 2000 but not 2003
Hi, My client has a spreadsheet which works fine in Excel 2000 but when opened with Excel 2003 it populates the pages with #VALUE! and the best I can tell is that the problem is with the following formulas. Can anyone advise if they have seen this before. I am unable to post their file but this is the code that I think is a bit suspect. =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(B14,'C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\[Price List 040301.xls]Items'!$A:$M,11,FALSE))=TRUE,"",VLOOKUP(B14,'C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\[Price List 040301.xls]Items'!$A:$M,11,FALSE...

Is there a way to extract Dropdown List values from CRM?
I'm wondering if there is an easy way to extract all dropdown list values from a customized CRM deployment. I want to put them in a document to use as a baseline for a similar implementation. You can export your customizations by going to Settings > Customization > Export Customizations. You can export all your customized entities into an XML file that you can re-import into your other deployment. You'll be able to choose which entities to import. But you will get all the customizations on the selected entities, not just the picklist values. However, you can also use this...

Change Date Values
Greetings, I've created a pivot table that has dates along the top and quantities sumed in the data field. The problem is that Excel is not combining the date like I want. I want the date columns at the top to be distince my month-year, but excel is distinct for full date. To give an example. I have columns for January 2004 such as this: 01/01/04 01/02/04 01/03/04 I want a single column for January 2004 with quantities added together and not seperated by the day. Please help. Thank you. Rod Neville Select one of those headers and right click on it. Choose Group and show d...

No Assigned Licenses
We have a total of 5 licenses. However only three users can access the CRM applications. If any other user tries to access the application we get an error message stating No Assigned Licenses Any suggestions? Thanks. Matthew You have to actually go assign the users licenses with the CRM, Log in to CRM as administrator, Click Settings from the Left menu, Click Business Unit Settings, Click users, Click the user you want to assign a license to, then from the popup click license from the left menu, Click Manage Licenses and add a license to that user. Just to warn you do not remove the l...

Look up in another sheet for values to return in 1st worksheet
I have a workbook with 2 worksheets, 1 sheet is a simple summary showing the current months data and the ytd data (the month would be input by the user) as below. The second sheet will have the month by month information and the ytd. How do I get it to lookup according to month inputted and then pick up the correct corresponding data WORKSHEET 1 Enter Month "Apr" Month YTD Metric 1 Metric 2 metric 3 WORKSHEET 2 Jan Feb Mar APr....... YTD Metric 1 Metric 2 Metric 3 thanks Ralph Maybe you can you use INDEX an...

Assigned task
Hi, we are receiving emails from our bosses with attachment of our schedule task which we manually enter into our outlook task folder, is there a way or how can we automatically accept assigned task to integrate to our task folder. We are using outlook2000 under windows98 the outlook 2000 version is part of the office 2000 package install on out PC's. TIA Is your boss sending the tasks to you using Outlook Rich Text Format? If not, have him start. Also, how is he assigning tasks? Using the Assign Task feature or forwarding the task to you? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ...

College Assignment Woes
Hello, I would GREATLY appreciate it if someone could guide me in some kind of direction. I have been given the following data: On a new sheet, named Salary Table, starting at cell A1, build the following table: Name Current Salary Percent Increase Effective Month 2004 Compensation. My exact problem is that I must createa formula that can be used for all to calculate the amount to each employee for the year 2004. The increases take place on the first day of the month specified. This means that if increase comes in July, the pay is six months at the old rate and six months at the new rat...

Assigning Records
When a Microsoft CRM Record is assigned from one Microsoft CRM User to another, the Microsoft CRM User who assigned the record will maintain share privileges on that record once it has been assigned. The ownership of that record will be changed to the Microsoft CRM User the record was assigned to, but the User who assigned the record (the previous owner) will still maintain share privileges on that record. (KB861702) We have a situation where we our system reassigns accounts to different users quite often. We would not like the previous owner to have share privileges on that record. It...

Subtracting values in a query
I have a query with multiple repeating values, each value has a set of readings assigned to it How do I subtract the max/min from the readings for each value (looking for change over time)? Example: Value Reading over time 1 2 1 3 1 0.5 2 3 2 4 2 1 3 7 3 2 3 0.3 I would like Access to automatically subtract 3 - 0.5 for value 1; 4 - 1 for value 2; and so on. Is this possible? Thanks! Replace 'z' with your [Value] and 'x' ...

assign
How do I make every thin in a column that is not >4000 assigned the "0" and every cell >4000 assigned the "1" (and ignoring the letters)? column might look like 4002 AB009 4001ab 2004 0078 45 -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Are there always just 2 letters (or none)? On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 17:32:03 GMT, "jeremy via OfficeKB.com" <forum@nospam.OfficeKB.com> wrote: >How do I make every thin in a column that is not >4000 assigned the "0" and >every cell >4000 assigned the "1" (and ignoring the letters)? &g...

Display Custom Market & Value
Hi Maybe this is a simple chart example but I am not able to figure it out. I have some data in the format below. Date 1 Value 1 Jan 10 2 Jan 20 3 Jan 40 4 Jan 30 5 Jan 50 and so on (around 1000 entries) Now I have some events that happen at certain values. Like at 30 there is a positive event that has a value +10%. Lets say at 40 value, I have a negative event has a value -10%. I store this information in two columns. I can also concatenate it if needed. I want the Text "P 10%" along with a Marker at the value ...

CRM 3.0
Is there any way to use work flow to automatically assign leads to varius salesman as the leads come in. With v3.0, you can write a .Net assembly that you can call from workflow. This could be used to cycle through a list of reps and process the assignment. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Dave M." <Dave M.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D3A034A-B8A5-430D-943B-FBE4525BB013@microsoft.com... Is there any way to use work flow to automatically assign leads to varius salesman as the leads come in. ...