Can a tab control expand/contract with the window?

I have a form that I'd like to display a number of subforms inside of
using a tab control. However the form is to be displayed in a window
that can be resized, and the tab control would have to be able to
resize with it. Is there any way to do this?

Maury
0
Maury

Maury Markowitz wrote:
> I have a form that I'd like to display a number of subforms inside of
> using a tab control. However the form is to be displayed in a window
> that can be resized, and the tab control would have to be able to
> resize with it. Is there any way to do this?
>
> Maury

First realize that even when you don't have a TabControl that resizing a
form's window does not resize the form at all, only the window housing the
form changes.  So first you would have to master the code to make the form
sections change size as you resize the window.  Once you have that then you
can add code to resize or move objects that reside within those form
sections.

As you make the window larger your code has to resize the form sections
FIRST and then move or resize objects within the sections.

As you make the window smaller you have to reverse that order and first must
resize or move the objects on the form sections and then make the form
sections smaller.

As you can imagine if the user makes the window taller while simultaneously
making it narrower or if they make it wider while simultaneously making it
shorter, then the logic can get a bit complicated.

As for TabControls you have a similar set of rules.  Before you can move or
resize objects on the TabControl when the window is made larger you first
have to make the TabControl larger and then reverse that order when the
window is made smaller.

I suggest breaking this up into discrete tasks that you tackle one at a
time.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

0
Rick
3/18/2008 6:09:17 PM
Maury,

There are third-party form scaling solutions available that might
help:

A shareware version of a form rescaling module I wrote called
ShrinkerStretcher is available at this web site: http://www.peterssoftware.com/ss.htm

There's a form resizer at http://www.jamiessoftware.tk/resizeform/rf_jump.html
..

Another one: http://sourceforge.net/projects/modscaleform

The Access Developer's Handbook has form resizing code included:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0782119417/107-8064361-7403703

Hope this helps,

Peter De Baets
Peter's Software - Microsoft Access Tools for Developers
http://www.peterssoftware.com
0
Peter

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

controls showing up late with ShowWindow?
I have an application I wrote to print some labels to a barcode printer. It works fine, but I noticed that two labels which I hide at design time and then show just prior to printing with WriteFile, act a bit strange. Only one shows up initially and then after printing the other one shows up. I got around this by putting them in the printing loop which loops through all the files though I did not really want to do it that way. Even when I do it this way though the one label loses its sunken property until printing is completed. Any ideas why and how I can fix this. For the time ...

Lost Windows Live Mail Contacts
My Windows Live Mail contacts have been replaced by the few contacts in Windows Messenger, both in launching a new email - and also clicking on the contacts icon. I have tried all sorts of actions, including reboot, but the problem remains. WLM reflects 2 different sets of contacts depending upon whether you have "signed in" with your live ID... Depending on upon where you main contact list is stored.... you'll either want to sign-in or sign out... Login to the Live website and check your contact list. If everything is there, you'll need to be signed-in w...

repetitive windows update
Despite my Outlook 2007 is correctly installed and working, from several days I am receiving KB980376 security update, that is unable to install as "unable to find the related product". Any idea on how to stop this bothering routine ? I tryed to install manually with Windows XP Pro safe install : no result! Thanks Manlio ...

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

Controlling how user posts a blog
Is it possible to control how items are posted on to a blog? The blog owner would like the readers to be able to respond to his posts but he doesn't want readers to create a new thread. thanks in advance ...

audible click when opening a new window.
I know I should be able to find this somewhere but I can't seem to figure it out. When I open a new folder or window there is a "click" sound that the computer makes. How can I turn this off? Thanks! Amadeus Try: Control Panel-Sounds "Start Navigation" and "Complete Navigation" are the relevant items. ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows -Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 13:56:27 -0700, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, Amadeus <Amadeus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I kno...

Excel formulas imported from tab-delimited files
I am trying to import some tab delimited entries into an Excel spreadsheet. Everything is working fine and dandy except that the formula fields which reference other worksheets in the spreadsheet are not getting automatically resolved unless I double click on them. For example, the "=Employee_Info!Y6" entry is not automatically getting resolved unless I double click on that value. Formulas that do not reference other worksheets are resolving correctly, without any intervention. Can someone kindly suggest how I can get past the problem? Thanks, Nimmi I'm not sure why excel ...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

Variable Control Names
Within a user form I am trying to reduce the amount of code needed to enter text into text box I have two text boxes. TextBox1 and TextBox2 When Command Button 1 is clicked I want the result TextBox1.Text = "This is my test text" When Command Button 2 is clicked I want the result TextBox2.Text = "This is my test text" But I wish to use the same piece of code for both examples. I am missing something here. This is my test example. _____________________________________________________________ Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() setar (1) 'when Command Button 1 is cl...

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

several problems with windows update and WMDC
I installed WDMC and now i have to run this following update: Microsoft Corporation - Other hardware - Windows Mobile-based device support but after I hit install the system is showing me this error: Microsoft Corporation - Other hardware - Windows Mobile-based device support Installation date: ‎11/‎30/‎2009 12:54 PM Error details: Code 80070103 Update type: Recommended can somebody tell me what to do with this error? AL Hello Al, Run Windows Update manually & "hide" the update. <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952032> -=- &q...

Office 2010 under Windows 7
Hi all, I just installed Office 2010 as an update to Office 2007 on Windows 7 64-bit professional edition. Office 2010 works quite fine, however there is something wrong with file associations. Whenever I open an office document I end up getting a dialog that tells me it will prepare installation of Office 2007 instead of opening the document in 2010. So far I tried to reset the file associations in the explorer to the newly installed Office version. Unfortunately that does not change anything. Can somebody tell me how to fix this issue? Thanks, Thomas There are Office...