Call a word doc

Currently I am using our DB to track bids to general contractors for building
materials. Each bid proposal is prepared in MS Word. Is there a way to call a
Word doc for reference only within a form, for example using a button? The
proposal could be either a .doc or .pdf that could be reprinted or viewed
from Access...

kathrynwoning

Whoops, that was not complete.

Each bid has its own word file. So when I click a button I need to be able to
define the file name. We use a bid number formatted like: YYMMDD-00. The
button click will have to refer to the field "bidNumbr" to open the file
which has that number as its file name.

kathrynwoning wrote:
>Currently I am using our DB to track bids to general contractors for building
>materials. Each bid proposal is prepared in MS Word. Is there a way to call a
>Word doc for reference only within a form, for example using a button? The
>proposal could be either a .doc or .pdf that could be reprinted or viewed
>from Access...

kathrynwoning

Call in?
Do new owners of Office X have to call up Microsoft to register their copy? If yes, what's the number? thanks. Ming <asdf@asdf.com> wrote: > Do new owners of Office X have to call up Microsoft to register their > copy? If yes, what's the number? thanks. Nope. We're not using Windoze :->>> This version does not require activation. Corentin -- - Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) - (MS) MVP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?ln=FR&scid=fh;FR;mvp Newsgroups produits MS: http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/?ln=FR ...

opening word attachments on an intel mac
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel as a retiree, my condo meeting minutes are sent via e mail on office word. i can open the attachment but an office 2004 30 day test drive message pops up. i only want to be able to open attachments and not want to use word for any other purpose. what can i do without buying word to simply open, read and delete attachments sent using word? You can try opening them in TextEdit (located in the Applications folder). Just drag a Word document onto the TextEdit icon to open it there. If you want documents to open in TextEdit automatically...

Using a Word, PDF, Image as a background on Excel.
Hello professionals, I would appreciate some help on this problem. Im a pretty good basic user of excel and generally dont need anything complex, but I cant figure out if I can do what I want with the information I want. I use Excel for my jobs to generate reports, submittals, etc. I am a sub contractor on this particular jobsite with plenty of additional forms I must fill out for the general contractor. The contrator wants me to fill out the same reports I fill out on my forms onto his forms. He created these forms on Word, and I have paper copies of them. I will be receiving a cd with...

Covered Call Options
Hello all, I do I go about dealing with a covered call transaction in Microsoft Money 2007 Premium? Currently what I am doing is inputing the option symbol, and choosing the transaction "Sell to Open" then when I go to expire the option I try to do a Sell to Close. However it does not seem to work? Also what happens if instead of expired I has the position assigned? how would I account for that? Thank you. Shhhh In microsoft.public.money, Shhhh wrote: > >I do I go about dealing with a covered call transaction in Microsoft >Money 2007 Premium? Currently what I am doing is...

Excel to Word macro
Hi, I have a bitmap picture in a sheet. I need a MACRO so as when I click on the bitmap picture a range (selection of cells say A167:E207 will be exported to MicroSoft Word. Help Please! Khalil ...

how to link multilevel numbering to different style Word 2007
In Office 2007 I regularly switch languages (UK-Dutch) by using Multi Language Settings. When I (in "Dutch" mode) want to apply headings, in the Ribbon they are shown as "Kop 1", "Kop 2" etc. in stead of "Heading 1", "Heading 2" as they are shown in the UK setting. When I additionally want to apply outline numbering, this doesn't work properly. Only the (actual) paragraph assigned "Kop 1"-style to, loses its style and turns into standard formatting and is assigned 'ordinary numbers' to. None of the other &qu...

Installing updates to Microsoft Word
I downloaded update 11.2.4 and get a message that it can't find the necessary files to do the upgrade. I tried to trash all the preferences, and repaired permissions. Any other suggestions? *11.2.4* ? - I don't even remember that one, and it isn't on the downloads site (although 11.2.3 isn't either). None the less, bypass it altogether. Download the 11.2.5 updater form here: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx It will catch you up on prior updates, then d/l 11.2.6 from the same site. BTW - what are you updating *from*? I ask because some have attempted to use the ...

Word 2004 Graphics problems
I have noticed some problems with inserted graphics when opening word 2001 files with word 2004, the graphics appear to be of a much poorer quality than when viewed in 2001. Is there a way around this? ...

Call center tracking and reporting
Anyone use CRM 4.0 for call tracking? Our Sales/Marketing is set up. Now I need to decide how to most efficiently customize CRM 4.0 for our company's call tracking portion. Can someone send me a link to information? thanks ...

How do I delete a report template in Windows 7 Word?
I prepared a report using a themed template with Word in Windows 7. Now I'm told the document should have no template associated with it as it has to be sent to a designer. How do I get rid of the template? Even when I create a new doc and paste the info in, it carries the old template with it. See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/templaterelations/index.html and assure the designer that even attaching a different template would make no difference to the contents. There has to be SOME template attached, and there's much more danger of things going pear-shaped if it's ...

can't delete text box word 2007
I am using Word 2007 and Windows Vista. I inserted several text boxes, and now want to delete them. I have selected the box and hit delete, but it is not working. I am sure the cursor is outside of the box, not in the text portion. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Are they floating? This may be a bit of a bug. Try right-clicking and making them In Line. Then select and Delete them. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "TL" <TL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:559DF2DC-1387-4E34-B4C9-CAAE8302090B@microsoft.com... > I am using Word 20...

telephone calls
when placing a telephone call using outlook, everything works fine except I can't hear the person i am talking to. They can hear me find. When I use a telephone program not associated with outlook every thing works great. can someone help ...

Calling Macro
Hi All, I have macro like this sub unique() '''''''' '''''''' Counter_item = 0 For Each Item In nodups counter_item = counter_item + 1 bic_var = Item Call Ps_Match Next Item end sub I have another macro Sub Ps_Match() ''''' ''''' If counter_item <= 1 Then call another_macro() end if end sub In the first macro i am declaring counter_item equals to 1. In my second macro i need to call that number. At the to of the module put: Public Counter_I...

Word document
Is it possible from an Attachment or Hyperlink( or any other) field to launch Word, create a document, save the document and place the document name in the field where launched? I know that there is code to launch Word it is the return part that I do not know about. thanks in advance. As a general rule, you don't want to save the document in the database, but only store a path name to the word doc. I would suggest that you *ask* the user for the name, and *then* launch word, create the doc. that way, you already know the name + path name. I have a sample word template system tha...

Workflow -Assembly Call
How does add subtract in the Workflow>> assembly call works. I do understand that ypu can write your own custom workflows, register it and then call them from here, but I am pretty confused with the existing functionality. workflows can call other workflows workflows can also call a method in a .net assembly. ie you could write a piece of code in c# or vb.net and then have the workflow call your code. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "SAM" <SAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE...

Word Document 01-14-10
I have two Word documents saved. Everytime I access one of these documents to make a change, the cursor just freezes as soon as I hit any key. I have to hit Ctnl, Alt, Del to exit the document because the entire page is locked up. What causes this and how do I get by this freezing? Thanks. -- tramonte50 See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. tramonte50 wrote: > I have two Word ...

Convert Word Form to E-mail Form
I have a number of word 2000 forms that I would like to convert to an e-mailable form. Could anyone please point me in the right direction. You'll have to start from scratch on your Outlook form. There's no conversion process. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for ...

Automating My Name with Page Numbers in a Word Doc.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, I know how to automate page numbers for a whole document, but what I want is to automate my name and page number in the bottom corner of a document. For example, &quot;Smith p.1., Smith p.2., Smith p.3.....&quot; without having to type my name and page number in individually. It needs to appear just like that, with p. for page. <br><br>Thank You! Hi, place your cursor in the footer, then left- or right-align the text and type your name, followed by a space and a full stop,...

Async calls to WebService in MFC
Hey guys, I use a webservice over the net which is scripted in VB.Net. This web service receives a username and a password and returns a string structure with multiples infos. If the string is empty, I had the wrong username and/or password. Pretty simple isn't? Ok now the problem is a bit more complex. I'm using an MFC client to connect to these web services, and since they're on the internet, there's a delay between sending the data and receiving an answer. I don't know really how I can tell me client to "wait for the string". The wrapper MFC created for the w...

Mac Office (Word) hangs
Every time open Word it is very slow to respond. When I open a document, when I save a document, and when the program autosaves, the it usually takes several seconds to process. I have read through everything I can and it seems that this might be a unique problem. I am using the new Panther OS, but I had the same problem in Jaguar. I'm using a powerbook g4 12 inch with 640m MB memory. The problem doesn't seem to be effected by the amount of programs I am running. Any suggestions? "Stuart Oates" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<0d5...

Importing a Word document, having probs
Never tried it before but i have a 4 page .doc file that i need to color seperate and some other things. i imported it into Publisher to see what I could do with it being i saw it had that feature to import. after it did, it only seemed to import 4 small graphics that were on the page and none of the text except for an address that was somewhere. It also gave me a 5th page for some reason. This isnt anything really complex, just a normal word file with text and images so what am I doing wrong? being ive never used the import .doc feature with Publisher, i could be overlooking some...

Insert a PDF into WORD document
I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2007. I'm creating a manual. I need to insert a multi-page PDF document into the manual AND then print the WORD document with the PDF expanded. I can insert the PDF, the first page is shown and when I double-click the PDF is open in my pdf reader. But when I print the WORD document all I get is the first page of the pdf. You cannot insert an object of more than one page in Word. You will need to insert each page of the PDF separately. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps...

Opening Word Document Using Code
I have a puzzling issue relating to opening Word documents using code. I have a control in an Access form that, when double-clicked, takes the string in the first field of that row, and opens a word document in a specified folder with the file name [string].doc. I’ve noticed that the “way” the Word document opens is different, depending on whether I double-click the actual files in the folder, or use the control in my Access form. When I simply double-click the files in the folder, everything opens normally. On the other hand, when I use the Access control, there are weird menus, and...

Invalid procedure call or argument?
Hello All This is a re-post of a problem I posted a while ago, but to which I got no suggestions: hopefully I'll be more lucky this time!? I have the following code in a Private Sub: If InStr([ResponseXML], "element") > 0 Then errorfield = "Invalid " & Mid([ResponseXML], InStr([ResponseXML], "element"), InStr(InStr(InStr([ResponseXML], "element"), [ResponseXML], "'") + 1, [ResponseXML], "'") - InStr([ResponseXML], "element") + 1) Else .... Most of the time this works fine, but for some...

Where to call SetWindowPos
In my SDI, can I place the following in CMainFrame::OnCreate( )? Or is there a better place? // ensure window opens on top when called by other applications, esp. the installer SetWindowPos(&wndTopMost, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_NOMOVE | SWP_NOSIZE); Note that wndTopMost really means it is always on top and can never have another app come on top of it. So wndTopMost is often a poor choice. SetWindowPos would not be the best choice here; SetForegroundWindow would be better. joe On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 17:04:00 -0400, "SteveR" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote: >...