Baffled by missing data on printout

I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main form. I
then save all that data into a local table, then read it back from a report.
The report loads the same subforms which reload the data.  All that is
working fine on screen, and on print preview.

Then, when sent to a printer, all te text boxes are blank! What could
*possibly* cause this? I switched printers, used a pdf output printer (save
to disk in PDF), and with same results. Any ideas?

0
Rick

Rick wrote:
> I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main
> form. I then save all that data into a local table, then read it back
> from a report. The report loads the same subforms which reload the
> data.  All that is working fine on screen, and on print preview.
>
> Then, when sent to a printer, all te text boxes are blank! What could
> *possibly* cause this? I switched printers, used a pdf output printer
> (save to disk in PDF), and with same results. Any ideas?

You seem to be using report and form interchangeably.
Subforms imply related tables but you only mention one.
If the information you wish to print is in a "local table" do you have a
report which is built on this table or a query relating this table to the
subform tables?

Reports don't use master child relations as forms do and this may be your
problem.

0
Mike
5/11/2010 2:40:35 AM
No, the only related table is one I use to store form variables, which I
reload manually. Essentially, there are no bound controls. Like I said, it
does show up correctly in print preview, but somehow disappears when
printing it out.

"Mike Painter" <md.painter@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Rick wrote:
>> I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main
>> form. I then save all that data into a local table, then read it back
>> from a report. The report loads the same subforms which reload the
>> data.  All that is working fine on screen, and on print preview.
>>
>> Then, when sent to a printer, all te text boxes are blank! What could
>> *possibly* cause this? I switched printers, used a pdf output printer
>> (save to disk in PDF), and with same results. Any ideas?
>
> You seem to be using report and form interchangeably.
> Subforms imply related tables but you only mention one.
> If the information you wish to print is in a "local table" do you have a
> report which is built on this table or a query relating this table to the
> subform tables?
>
> Reports don't use master child relations as forms do and this may be your
> problem.

0
Rick
5/11/2010 12:40:11 PM
You have a REPORT which is based on a  SINGLE TABLE and that report shows
correctly in print preview but not when it prints?
Does this happen in all reports?
Does it happen in reports from other databases?

It sounds like some sort of corruption if that is the case.

Rick wrote:
> No, the only related table is one I use to store form variables,
> which I reload manually. Essentially, there are no bound controls.
> Like I said, it does show up correctly in print preview, but somehow
> disappears when printing it out.
>
> "Mike Painter" <md.painter@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> Rick wrote:
>>> I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main
>>> form. I then save all that data into a local table, then read it
>>> back from a report. The report loads the same subforms which reload
>>> the data.  All that is working fine on screen, and on print preview.
>>>
>>> Then, when sent to a printer, all te text boxes are blank! What
>>> could *possibly* cause this? I switched printers, used a pdf output
>>> printer (save to disk in PDF), and with same results. Any ideas?
>>
>> You seem to be using report and form interchangeably.
>> Subforms imply related tables but you only mention one.
>> If the information you wish to print is in a "local table" do you
>> have a report which is built on this table or a query relating this
>> table to the subform tables?
>>
>> Reports don't use master child relations as forms do and this may be
>> your problem.

0
Mike
5/12/2010 4:24:49 AM
On Tue, 11 May 2010 21:24:49 -0700, "Mike Painter" <md.painter@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>You have a REPORT which is based on a  SINGLE TABLE and that report shows
>correctly in print preview but not when it prints?
>Does this happen in all reports?
>Does it happen in reports from other databases?
>
>It sounds like some sort of corruption if that is the case.

It could also be a problem with the printer driver. Does this happen if you
change printers? If you don't have another physical printer, try the MS Office
Document Image writer or another print-to-file option.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John W. Vinson wrote:
> On Tue, 11 May 2010 21:24:49 -0700, "Mike Painter"
> <md.painter@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> You have a REPORT which is based on a  SINGLE TABLE and that report
>> shows correctly in print preview but not when it prints?
>> Does this happen in all reports?
>> Does it happen in reports from other databases?
>>
>> It sounds like some sort of corruption if that is the case.
>
> It could also be a problem with the printer driver. Does this happen
> if you change printers? If you don't have another physical printer,
> try the MS Office Document Image writer or another print-to-file
> option.

He says it happens when he prints to a PDF.

0
Mike

Importing all data and mail messages including folders and rules
Can this be done? My old computer uses windows xp and outlook 2003 New computer uses outlook 2007 and windows 7. Can I bring all the above infor over easily and if so how can a novice do this? Steven wrote: > Can this be done? > > My old computer uses windows xp and outlook 2003 > > New computer uses outlook 2007 and windows 7. > > Can I bring all the above infor over easily and if so how can a novice do > this? It's fairly straighforward, but do NOT use import/export. How to backup and restore Outlook http://www.howto-outlook.com/h...

Missing toolbox
I have a existing access 2003 database that I wanted to add another button but when I go into design mode my toolbar disappears and I only see the grayed out "toolbox" icon. I ran detect and repair with no results. I created an new form and the "toolbox" is available. There seems to be a setting within my existing form that is preventing the "toolbox" command from showing. What do I need to do to turn this back on? I have no macros in this form. Since it is very simple. Just buttons to run existing reports. In design view, properties the edit is set to yes. ...

Object library missing
Hi, can anyone here adivse me on what to do. I have now finished my project and it works exactly as i want it too. However, i have come across this very large problem. Introducing the book onto our server where everyone else uses excel 2000. I created this book on excel 2003. So when someone else issues a macro they immediately get an error saying Object not found. i went into the Visual Basic Editor / References and looked for the office library but it says: MISSING.Office 11 object library. Is there a way around this or have i just wasted my time on this book? Can i copy over the offic...

cannot load personal/busy data
i just left for the weekend... and when i came back... got this error: cannot load personal/busy data any idea? -- Croco Under Tools, Options, Calendar Options, Free/Busy Options try increasing the number on months to Publish free/busy info. It may help. Chip "Croco" <Croco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55145862-3E6F-4699-94AE-56A8128AC65F@microsoft.com... >i just left for the weekend... and when i came back... got this error: > > cannot load personal/busy data > > any idea? > -- > Croco ...

Unable to view FilteredOpportunity View Data by Some Users
This problem seems a little bit bizarre! I am trying to access the CRM database through a special user (Using SQL Server Authentication - As CRM DB is set for Mixed Authentication Mode). This user has DBOwner priviliges on both the MSCRM and the METABASE CRM databases and is able to view all tables data. However, for the views, this user is able to view the data only for some views! After some investigation, I found that all CRM views that start with "Filtered..." are accessable by this user when he opens the view, but no data appears!!! Strange isn't it??!!! What'...

entering data into multiple sheets
Good morning, I am entering data into a worksheet with a userform. I need to enter the exact same information into another worksheet (2010). Is there a way to do this without having to write the same code for the second worksheet? Thank you in advance. Ranae Dim Wbk As Workbook Set Wbk = Workbooks("Reworklog") Sheets("2006-2010").Select Dim LastRow As Object Set LastRow = Range("a65536").End(xlUp) LastRow.Offset(1, 0) = Me.TBRecDate LastRow.Offset(1, 1) = Me.TbDate LastRow.Offset(1, 2) = Me.TbBoardType LastRow.Offset(1, 3) =...

VCL50.BPL is missing
Upon starting Outlook, a message appears stating VCL50.BPL is missing. How do I find this file? Thx ...

Hyperlinks and sorting data
I have two sheets in my Excel 2003 workbook. On both sheets column A contains a hyperlink in each cell that will jump to the next sheet of that same cell. For example, if the user clicks on A3 of sheet 1 the hyperlink will take them to sheet 2 cell A3. Sheet 2 is set up the same way with hyperlinks. The problem I ran into is if I sort the data - columns A thru D, on sheet 1 - the hyperlinks won't work on sheet 2 because the cell reference changes on sheet 1 when I sort the data. Is it possible to create a hyperlink or something in Excel that matches text and will jump back and ...

Missing file?
I have a oem verision of office 2003. It came on my work dell. I called microsoft and they wanted to charge me 35.00... All of the office products work except outlook asks me for a file sku1ca.cab If I hit cancel enough times it does go away but it is extremley annoying. Please help. Thanks, Kyle Do you have the Office CD that came with your computer? Try reinstalling - or run a detect & replair. Kyle wrote: > I have a oem verision of office 2003. It came on my work > dell. I called microsoft and they wanted to charge me > 35.00... All of the office products work exce...

CImageList Problem is Baffling Me
Hi guys, Is there any reason why this doesn't work, it's baffling me: // set up a memory DC CDC memDC; CBitmap bitmap; CDC* pDC=GetDC(); memDC.CreateCompatibleDC(pDC); bitmap.CreateCompatibleBitmap(pDC,32,32); CBitmap* pOldBitmap=memDC.SelectObject(&bitmap); // draw some stuff on the bitmap memDC.FillSolidRect(0,0,32,32,RGB(255,192,160)); memDC.FillSolidRect(4,4,24,24,RGB(192,128,160)); // test to see if it works so far pDC->BitBlt(10,10,32,32,&memDC,0,0,SRCCOPY); // it looks good // create my imagelist CImageList imageList; imageList.Create(32,32,ILC_COLOR32,1,1); in...

Missing feature??
With the old messenger, my wife could right-click my name and send an instant message to my SMART watch. That feature - which is very important to me - appears to be missing from the new Live messenger. Am I missing something? Can somebody point me to the correct place for this? I can't imagine the MS would just remove a feature like this one and continue to charge full subscriptions to MSN Direct! Greetings Mike, This feature was cut in Messenger 2009. Given the recent forced upgrade to 2009, beyond hacking the version in 8.x, there's no way to get this feature b...

Can I retrieve deleted data?
I modified a spreadsheet and accidently saved the changes. Is there any way I can recall my lost data? Generally not unless you have a backup... In article <9BE17F6F-961C-4564-8335-DFCDA00FD37D@microsoft.com>, "Stuartmu" <Stuartmu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I modified a spreadsheet and accidently saved the changes. Is there any way > I can recall my lost data? ...

Organizing data #2
Sorry, the list didn't appear correctly, the list looks like this 2 23 27 ... 1 11 3 -- sams ----------------------------------------------------------------------- samsg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1624 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27763 See your other post "samsg" wrote: > > Sorry, the list didn't appear correctly, the list looks like this > > 2 > 23 > 27 > ... > 1 > 11 > 34 > > > -- > samsg > -------------------------------...

Missing Email #8
After an Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 migration (using the migration wizard) everything seemed to be fine. The exchange migration was also in conjunction with the building of a new domain and a Windows 2000 to Windows 2003 Domain. But a week later, users seem to be missing email out of some of their folders. (Not all users, not all mail). Besides the migration, the only other components are a new setup of RBL connection filtering and the configuration of OWA (which they used before). The user's desktops were migrated using the FAST wizard. I'm not sure what could be going wrong ...

data validation #4
I would like to do make sure that the content of a cell is one of these values and blank values are not accepted : a,b,c,d,e, I know that I can make use of the data validation feature provided by EXCEL to achieve the above. My question is : is there any other way to do the same without resorting to VBA, for example ? ...

All Address Lists Missing
I have recently run forestprep , domainprep and inetorgpersonfix.ldf for 2003 in my organisation. Now when I look in the exchange server 2000 ESM I am unable to view any address list in the all address lists. If I go to ADSI edit, the all address lists container states there are 0 items. I can create an item in the Exchange server all address lists, but it is still not visible. If I then try and recreate the object, I receive a message saying the object already exists. All clients can not see any address list from this object. Any advice would be much appreciated. That indicates problems with...

Voting buttons missing
I have a Outlook 2003 pro client in a windows network pointing to an exchange 2003 server. I have a client who when she sends emails with voting buttons the recipients dont get the voting buttons. And when I send her and other folks an email w/voting buttons the other folks get the buttons but she does not. So she cannot receive voting buttons and the emails she sends with voting buttons don stick. Her machines has all the latest updates. I am puzzled. Any help is greatly appreciated. Have you run detect and repair? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to k...

Love Potion for Miss Blandish #2
yada yada hi darmasya, glanil,bavati bharata, agydanam adarmasya, kridadmanam padarmasya, ...

PRINT XLS DATA VIA WORD
I am trying to print an index card form an XLS file. It only lets me select letter, labels, etc but not a custom layout. When selecting index card as paper source it still doesn't work. I have a list in Excel to merge into word to print. Simple process. Why is this not working? I've tried several ways. I was able before XP to print the xls file line with the grid lines. Now it just doesn't like this easy method. Any help out there will be appreciated. This is not brain surgery and I am definitely missins something. Try a Word newsgroup... There are several. Or an Excel...

Lines missing in line chart
I'm selecting the 4th sub-type under "Line Chart." The data points appear but I want lines to connect the data points and lines do not appear. are your cells with data contiguous? when you double click on a data point on the chart, does the patterns window show lines? "Dave_lineless" wrote: > I'm selecting the 4th sub-type under "Line Chart." The data points appear > but I want lines to connect the data points and lines do not appear. "bj" wrote: > are your cells with data contiguous? > when you double click on a data ...

Two Instances of Outlook 2003...baffling!
I have an Outlook problem that I can't find a solution for - I've tried slipstick.com, Google, and this newsgroup. Hopefully someone can help... All of a sudden, today Outlook 2003 decides that clicking on the shortcut or using the keyboard shortcut button, should start up two instances of Outlook 2003. This causes problems with my IMAP mail accounts, SMTP servers, etc. I tried exiting/killing all instances, that didn't help. I then tried rebooting, no help there either. I've been using Outlook for years, and I've never seen this problem before. Any suggestions? ...

Missing Payment in Project Acctg
Hello! We had a damaged invoice in PA. Weird thing is that invoice is paid and we can see the payment in AR but the cash receipt is not showing p in the Billings and Payments Inquiry window in PA. GL looks correct also. I checked the tables and that payment is missing from the PA23000 and PA23010 tables (PA Applied Open). Has anyone seen this before? Please let me know your thoughts... Thanks. Marisol Hi, Can you provide more information on the following: 1. The invoice is paid from AR, was the payment applied against the project invoice??. Regards Reddy On Jun 18, 9:12=A0pm, ...

tranfer data from command button to table
I created 2 command buttons at the bottom of my forms view. One button is called "Surgery" the other is "No Surgery". I want the doctors to click on "No Surgery" and the word "No surgery" will be updated in the patient's record in the tables. Can this be done? I know it starts with going to "On click" in the properties view, but I don't know how to link it to the specific patient in the table view. Thanks, Rookie! Rookie, you're right with the On Click. Make it an [Event Procedure]. You can't do it in Datasheet view th...