Auto Number in List Control

What code can I use to automatically display a number, or preferably, text
that will display the same "receipt number" as the previous record or the
next successive number.  For example, I enter a receipt number in a
record...when I start the next record, on a form, I want to be able to click
in a list box the same receipt number as before or the next receipt number,
which would be just the next number in line.
--
Gator

Auto Filter problem

Auto-Editing

Subclassing List Control
I want to place a list control object in my dialog window; however I have some requirements on how the control is to appear. For example, the control is to appear with a black background, certain columns in the control are to be painted with specific foreground colors and a specific font is to be used. Can someone post an example on how I can alter the control's background color and how to paint specific columns using different foreground colors and fonts? Thanks Chris Take a look at www.codeguru.com for samples. List controls supports NM_CUSTOMDRAW which allows you to control each...

Auto-Calculate

SUBTOTAL A LIST
Hi - Is there a way to subtotal a list...once I create a list the subtotal feature is not available. I also fail to see the difference between a list and the auto filter function, can someone explain? Thanks, Jim Jim, Here is the technique that I use. Insert some lines above the headers in your spreadsheet. Example: Row 1 Row 2 Row 3 =SUBTOTAL(9,D6:D1000) Row 4 Row 5 First Name Last Name Sales Region Sales ($) Etc Lets say you want to filter just the midwest sales ...

Exchange Attributes missing from 2000 DC Controller
Hi guys, I have two questions that I am sure I shoudl know the answers to but thought I would get a quicker response from newsgroups than my memory; We have a windows 2000 domain that has been upgraded to windows 2003 schema but has no 2003 Domain Controlllers. There is one 2003 member server that is running Exchange 2003. 1: We can only modify/ view the Exchange attributes of active directory on the 2003 member servers active directory. Is there anyway of upgrading the active directory managers on the 2000 domain controllers to show the exchange attributes? 2: Where can I get the re...

auto copy self

Auto correct or Auto complete

display number as number name
I want to get the number name of the corresponding number i enter. Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html "Kamala Kannan" wrote: > I want to get the number name of the corresponding number i enter. ...

OWA auto login

Test number of decimal places in Currency format
How can I interrogate the system (Windows, I guess) to find out how many decimal places are specified in its Currency format? Alternatively, how can I test a number that's been entered to ensure that the user did not enter more decimal places than the Windows currency format permits (Access will store what's entered, but I want to reject what's been entered if it's not according to the Regional settings). Bob Randy Birch has code to give you details about the defined Locale Currency information at http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/locale/localecurrency.htm Note, though, th...

Auto look through subfolders

Count number of lines of text in a range/value.
To start, 1) Add a form w/ a textbox to your VBA project. 2) Set the textbox's AUTOSIZE property to False. 3) Set the textbox's MULTILINE property to False. In your code... 4) Call on the Form's SHOW method (modal or modeless is irrelevant). 5) Set the textbox's TEXT property to the (trimmed) value you are working with. 6) Set the textbox's AUTOSIZE property to True. 7) Set the textbox's MULTILINE property to True. 8) Save/get the textbox's LINECOUNT property. 9) Call on the form's HIDE method. btw, I assume no responsibility for the code. Use it at your own...

Auto date

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Auto-Alphabetize

substracting numbers in non contigous cells
Hi!=20 I need a formula to substract numbers in non contigous=20 cells THAT ARE IN ONE COLUMN and have the result in other=20 cell, for example: ........................A...................B R1..................................BLANKCELL R2..................................BLANKCELL R3..................................15 R4..................................BLANKCELL R5..................................BLANKCELL R6..................60.............75 R8..................................BLANKCELL R9..................................BLANKCELL R10................................BLANKCELL R11........

How do I auto-reply incoming eMails ?
During my holidays I want to inform the sender of incoming eMails that I am currently not in office. How can I setup an auto-reply note? Do I setup this in my Outlook 2003 or in the Exchange Server? Joe If you connect to an Exchange server at work, use the Out of Office function (under tools). It will reply once to each sender that you are out of the office. By default in Exchange, auto-replies to the internet are turned off so only internal addresses would receive the Out of Office reply but verify with your Exchange Admin how they have the server configured. If you have a POP3 acc...

Create two Data validation lists that are linked(Both change toget
Hi, I would like to create two or more validation lists of the same range of data. Currently, I have a number of graphs on different worksheets that can be updated by choosing from a drop down list (data validation list). Basically, that list is referenced in a lookup function which gathers information into a range that then updates the graphs. Right now, I have to click back and forth between many sheets in order to to change the drop down menu. It would be ideal that if each worksheet with a graph had the exact same drop down menu that when updated, updates each of the o...

Value List needs updating with 600 rows
Hi , I am attempting to get a list of 600 values added into a Value List without having to type them in...I have added them into the MSP_ATTRIBUTE_STRINGS table in a MS ACCESS copy of the project file however when I open the plan back up again in Project, the look up value list has not been refreshed..any ideas?? In Project 2007 you can cut and paste into the lookup table list from excel. That should be easier and safer than mucking around in Access. Isn't 600 values a lot to choose from? The users will have to scroll a lot. -Jack "Steve" <Steve@discussions....

Auto change of Row number within Formulas
Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do the following Cell Resul A1 B1 1 A simple formula would be - sum(c(a1):c(b1)), where the result in this case would be the sum of cells c5:c10. Many thanks, Gle Hi Glen, Look at the INDIRECT() function in HELP -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "millarg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02302493-2C51-4CB9-9463-06523884BBD6@microsoft.com... > Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do ...

MS CRM 3.0 Contact entity list?
Hi, We're due to get CRM 3.0 soon (but haven't got it yet). I want to compare our non-MS contacts file with the CRM contacts file. I've searched the web but can't find a definitive list for CRM Contacts. Can anyone point me to a site that shows the entity fieldnames? Thanks Peter, It really doesn't matter. CRM allows you to add new fields to the tables so if you need any new data fields, you can add them. However, there are some planning forms available at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=269d900e-8442-4086-92a9-7fc851bc5985&DisplayLang=en ...

Double Numbers
I have a question. I have a series of 5 digit numbers in a spreadsheet. About 4000 o them, and I need to find out if there are any doubles. I sort by th column they are entered in and it puts the doubles together, but still have to scroll through every number and visually find them. I there any way I can do this without looking at each one? Please say yes! ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Advanced Filter will do this, there's some great instruction...