Auto date

I am trying to create a field in a form that if anything is changed on it, it
will automatically update the date to current date.  Is this possible?

Sojaminc wrote:

>I am trying to create a field in a form that if anything is changed on it, it
>will automatically update the date to current date.  Is this possible?

Make sure the last changed date/time field is in the form's
record source table/query.  Then use the form's BeforeUpdate
event:

Me.lastchanged = Now

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

You can do this in the On Dirty event of the form, which fires as soon as you
make any change to any field on the form.

me![Mydatefield] = date()

John

Sojaminc wrote:
>I am trying to create a field in a form that if anything is changed on it, it
>will automatically update the date to current date.  Is this possible?

--
John Goddard
Ottawa, ON Canada

J_Goddard

Difference between two date/time values
Hi, Cell A1 has 21-04-10 07:00 PM Cell A2 has 06-06-10 07:52 AM (the dates are in the dd-mm-yy format) Cell A3 has the formula =A2-A1 for showing the differences in days and time and is formatted with the custom format: dd h:mm:ss The display in cell A3 is 14 12:52:00. While the difference in hours is okay, the difference in days should be more than 14 as there is are 31 days of May between the two dates. Is there another format to show the correct difference in days or should be done some other way? Please help. Thanks in advance. Regards, Raj Do you really need ...

Auto Filter problem

Auto-Editing

todays date
Hi I have a cell that I want to know when something will be finished i.e. today()+30.which gives 02/07/04. This is ok until I open the spreadsheet tomorrow when I will get 03/07/04. How can I get the date 02/07/04 to remain every day or do I just enter the date manually? Thanks tricia Hi Tricia! You've noted that TODAY() is volatile and will change on recalculation if the date has changed. You might prefer entry using: Ctrl + ; -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Hi Tricia, You would need a macro. If you say you have a cell, you ar...

Todays Date in Template Parameter
Hi All I'd like to use a Template Parameter with SQL Server 2005 which inserts todays date. <parameter_name, data_type, default_value>. You guys know a way to achive this to get "default_value" to be filled with todays date? Thanks for any help. Martin martin (xxx@xxx.com) writes: > I'd like to use a Template Parameter with SQL Server 2005 which inserts > todays date. ><parameter_name, data_type, default_value>. > You guys know a way to achive this to get "default_value" to be filled > with todays date? The com...

Date/Time criteria problem
I am trying to create a query that allows a user to select a specific date for which to show results. Following is sample SQL with a fixed criteria: SELECT qryShopJobsIO1.JOB_NO, qryShopJobsIO1.[TOTAL QUANTITY ORDERED], qryShopJobsIO1.[ENTRY DATE], qryShopJobsIO1.SumOfTotalHours FROM qryShopJobsIO1 WHERE (((qryShopJobsIO1.[ENTRY DATE])=#4/27/2010#)); This particular example returns no records. I know that I have records for which the ENTRY DATE field is 4/27/2010. I believe that the problem is that the default value of that field (in the table definition) is set to =Now() ...

Auto-Calculate

Date Format turn to Year
Hi, I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years later. =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. Your help would be much apprecated. Thanks What's in A1? Are you sure it's a real date? "learning_codes@hotmail.com" wrote: > > Hi, > > I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years > later. > > =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. > > I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. > > Your ...

auto copy self

Subtracting Dates in Smartlist Builder
I am trying to substract the Requested Ship date from the Invoice Date in SOP thru a calculated field in Smartlist Builder. I have tried all field types available for the result and it does not work. This is GP 9.0. Any suggestions? If you just want the number of days between the two dates, define a calculated field using the following: datediff(day,InvoiceDate,RequestedDate). Note that the formula will subtract the first parameter date from the second one, so in the above example if the InvoiceDate is less than the RequestedDate you'll get a positive number; otherwise, you'll ...

Auto correct or Auto complete

OWA auto login

Auto look through subfolders

qry for dates in 1st 2nd 3rd and forth quarters of current year!
Hello i am looking to write a query which returns values for the current year only! DatePart("q",[Start Date],Year([start date])=Year(Date())) is what i have written but this includes enteries for next year which i dont need! any ideas please!!! thanks in advance hi, smason wrote: > DatePart("q",[Start Date],Year([start date])=Year(Date())) > is what i have written but this includes enteries for next year which i > dont need! any ideas please!!! You need to filter for the current year, e.g. SELECT DatePart("q",[Start Date]) FROM [yourT...

On POS (not RMS) Adjusting Time Clock Entry Defaults to Todays Date
When an employee negelects to time out and we make adjustments on a subsequent day, the Time Clock display will default to today's date even though the correct date is selected in the Employee's Time Clock window. You have to select Save and Close, then reopen the Time Clock event, then adjust the time out time to the correct date. Anybody else notice this bug? M Kalmus Dogtooth Coffee Company ...

Auto date

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Date selection criteria expression help needed
i have a database with dates listed as the general date (date and time). some of the cells have null (empty) values. I would like to query for null values and today's date expressed as a long date (mm/dd/yyyy). I am having trouble. any help would be greatly appreciated. Field: YourDateField Criteria: Is Null Or = Date() OR Field: YourDateField Criteria (Line1): Is Null Criteria (Line2): = Date() '==================================================== John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008 Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland B...

Auto-Alphabetize

Retirement date on FA
Is there a retirement date field in the Fixed Assets module? Would like to use that field in a report as a criteria. I think there is a retirement date stamp that is like a maintenance date, but I want to know the date that the retirement was effective. Merle, The retirement date on an asset will come from a Retirement Maintenance transaction, under Transactions > Fixed Assets > Retire. That information is not stored in the Asset Master (FA00100), but rather in the Asset Retirement Master table (FA00700). Hope this helps, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Bus...

Need to return dates that are > that one year ago
I am building a database that will track employee training. I need to know how to build an expression that will return only those employees who's training is out of date. Meaning that their training date is more than 365 days old. I also have to return employees who's license has expired. I enter the date that their license is renewed and now I need to run a list of all that are greater than one year from last renewed date. KellyDale wrote: >I am building a database that will track employee training. I need to know >how to build an expression that will return only thos...

How do I auto-reply incoming eMails ?
During my holidays I want to inform the sender of incoming eMails that I am currently not in office. How can I setup an auto-reply note? Do I setup this in my Outlook 2003 or in the Exchange Server? Joe If you connect to an Exchange server at work, use the Out of Office function (under tools). It will reply once to each sender that you are out of the office. By default in Exchange, auto-replies to the internet are turned off so only internal addresses would receive the Out of Office reply but verify with your Exchange Admin how they have the server configured. If you have a POP3 acc...

pivot with calculated date
Hi All I have a pivot table which I want to break the data down into month and year. The data in the main spreadsheet is in day, month and year. So far I have used the Month (field) and year (field) to translate the month data within the original source file and then run the pivot table. Is it possible to do this calculation within the Pivot table - I have tried the inserting a calculated field but this will not allow me to put the drop column fields here - Any help greatly appreciated Cheers Rexmann PS I am using Excel 2003 Hi, If you put the Year field in the Row area and the M...