auto date not working

I have a form where I want the date that the information was entered to be
displayed automatically.  I have the text box disabled so that no one can
change the data.  In the text box I have =Date() which works fine but when I
Please help!!

bhrosey

Set the Default Value of the field in the table to =Date(), rather than the
Default Value of the control.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

"bhrosey via AccessMonster.com" <u33878@uwe> wrote in message
>I have a form where I want the date that the information was entered to be
> displayed automatically.  I have the text box disabled so that no one can
> change the data.  In the text box I have =Date() which works fine but when
> Please help!!

Douglas
5/18/2010 1:34:28 PM
Bhrosey -

Instead, make the default value of the field in the table be =Date().

That way it will be set when the record is first created, and not changed
after that.

--
Daryl S

"bhrosey via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> I have a form where I want the date that the information was entered to be
> displayed automatically.  I have the text box disabled so that no one can
> change the data.  In the text box I have =Date() which works fine but when I
> Please help!!

> .

Thank you, that should work.  I knew I was missing something simple.  I've
been away from Access for a few years, so I am having to re-learn a lot of
things.

--
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, so
that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life"

bhrosey

Auto Filter problem

Difference between two date/time values
Hi, Cell A1 has 21-04-10 07:00 PM Cell A2 has 06-06-10 07:52 AM (the dates are in the dd-mm-yy format) Cell A3 has the formula =A2-A1 for showing the differences in days and time and is formatted with the custom format: dd h:mm:ss The display in cell A3 is 14 12:52:00. While the difference in hours is okay, the difference in days should be more than 14 as there is are 31 days of May between the two dates. Is there another format to show the correct difference in days or should be done some other way? Please help. Thanks in advance. Regards, Raj Do you really need ...

todays date
Hi I have a cell that I want to know when something will be finished i.e. today()+30.which gives 02/07/04. This is ok until I open the spreadsheet tomorrow when I will get 03/07/04. How can I get the date 02/07/04 to remain every day or do I just enter the date manually? Thanks tricia Hi Tricia! You've noted that TODAY() is volatile and will change on recalculation if the date has changed. You might prefer entry using: Ctrl + ; -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Hi Tricia, You would need a macro. If you say you have a cell, you ar...

Auto-Editing

Todays Date in Template Parameter
Hi All I'd like to use a Template Parameter with SQL Server 2005 which inserts todays date. <parameter_name, data_type, default_value>. You guys know a way to achive this to get "default_value" to be filled with todays date? Thanks for any help. Martin martin (xxx@xxx.com) writes: > I'd like to use a Template Parameter with SQL Server 2005 which inserts > todays date. ><parameter_name, data_type, default_value>. > You guys know a way to achive this to get "default_value" to be filled > with todays date? The com...

Function does not work
I the below function behind a field in a form in Access 2003 - but I can't seem to get it to work. The function fires on the Save Event, but then errors on the OpenDatabase(....) - I have checked the name of the database and that is fine. Any thoughts? Thanks for your time. Private Function DischargeDateUpdated() 'Create variables Dim dbMyDB As Database Dim rsMyRS As recordSet Set dbMyDB = OpenDatabase("MST_Referral_Tracking.mdb") 'Debug only MsgBox "dbopen", vbOKOnly Set rsMyRS = dbMyDB.OpenRecordset("FollowUp", d...

Auto-Calculate

Date/Time criteria problem
I am trying to create a query that allows a user to select a specific date for which to show results. Following is sample SQL with a fixed criteria: SELECT qryShopJobsIO1.JOB_NO, qryShopJobsIO1.[TOTAL QUANTITY ORDERED], qryShopJobsIO1.[ENTRY DATE], qryShopJobsIO1.SumOfTotalHours FROM qryShopJobsIO1 WHERE (((qryShopJobsIO1.[ENTRY DATE])=#4/27/2010#)); This particular example returns no records. I know that I have records for which the ENTRY DATE field is 4/27/2010. I believe that the problem is that the default value of that field (in the table definition) is set to =Now() ...

Date Format turn to Year
Hi, I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years later. =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. Your help would be much apprecated. Thanks What's in A1? Are you sure it's a real date? "learning_codes@hotmail.com" wrote: > > Hi, > > I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years > later. > > =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. > > I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. > > Your ...

<Refresh All> not working properly
Hello I have a number of web queries in a single Excel worksheet. If I select <Refresh All> then some update but some don't. If I refresh them individually then thye work fine. Any reason for this and how may I get around this? Regards Alex ...

Subtracting Dates in Smartlist Builder
I am trying to substract the Requested Ship date from the Invoice Date in SOP thru a calculated field in Smartlist Builder. I have tried all field types available for the result and it does not work. This is GP 9.0. Any suggestions? If you just want the number of days between the two dates, define a calculated field using the following: datediff(day,InvoiceDate,RequestedDate). Note that the formula will subtract the first parameter date from the second one, so in the above example if the InvoiceDate is less than the RequestedDate you'll get a positive number; otherwise, you'll ...

auto copy self

Auto correct or Auto complete

OWA auto login

question about data from excel to work
I am trying to take input from an excel sheet and mailmerge it to word....the thing is I want to make it so from here on out ..if I change something in the excel sheet it automatically updates on word as well..if not a mail merger what can I use ? -- Pooja Kamdar Hi Pooja Kamdar, You can link the Word document to the Excel workbook, so that any changes in the Excel workbook will be reflected in the Word document. To do this: 1. copy the source range in the Excel workbook 2. in the Word document, use Edit|Paste Special > Paste Link and choose the paste format you wan...

Auto look through subfolders

Auto date

On POS (not RMS) Adjusting Time Clock Entry Defaults to Todays Date
When an employee negelects to time out and we make adjustments on a subsequent day, the Time Clock display will default to today's date even though the correct date is selected in the Employee's Time Clock window. You have to select Save and Close, then reopen the Time Clock event, then adjust the time out time to the correct date. Anybody else notice this bug? M Kalmus Dogtooth Coffee Company ...

qry for dates in 1st 2nd 3rd and forth quarters of current year!
Hello i am looking to write a query which returns values for the current year only! DatePart("q",[Start Date],Year([start date])=Year(Date())) is what i have written but this includes enteries for next year which i dont need! any ideas please!!! thanks in advance hi, smason wrote: > DatePart("q",[Start Date],Year([start date])=Year(Date())) > is what i have written but this includes enteries for next year which i > dont need! any ideas please!!! You need to filter for the current year, e.g. SELECT DatePart("q",[Start Date]) FROM [yourT...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Auto-Alphabetize

Date selection criteria expression help needed
i have a database with dates listed as the general date (date and time). some of the cells have null (empty) values. I would like to query for null values and today's date expressed as a long date (mm/dd/yyyy). I am having trouble. any help would be greatly appreciated. Field: YourDateField Criteria: Is Null Or = Date() OR Field: YourDateField Criteria (Line1): Is Null Criteria (Line2): = Date() '==================================================== John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008 Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland B...

Retirement date on FA
Is there a retirement date field in the Fixed Assets module? Would like to use that field in a report as a criteria. I think there is a retirement date stamp that is like a maintenance date, but I want to know the date that the retirement was effective. Merle, The retirement date on an asset will come from a Retirement Maintenance transaction, under Transactions > Fixed Assets > Retire. That information is not stored in the Asset Master (FA00100), but rather in the Asset Retirement Master table (FA00700). Hope this helps, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Bus...