Appending a row to List box row source

I would like to append a row to a list box row source that uses a query as
it's source. I can think of a way to do this using a union query - but would
like to know if there are other options.

0
JimP

If the RowSource is a query, then your only option is to add the record to
the source of the query, either by adding it to the underlying table, or
creating a UNION query that joins the new data to the existing data.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"JimP" <jpockmire@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
>I would like to append a row to a list box row source that uses a query as
>it's source. I can think of a way to do this using a union query - but
>would like to know if there are other options.

0
Douglas

Change Source of Links
Dear experts: I use publisher 2000 to generate reports for my company. We use same format for each report and I keep the frame and format of the report in Publisher. I made link with excel file where I can easily do my calculation. The problem is each report comes up with new excel file, I mean different excel file name. I have to change source of link. I tried to use the "Edit - Link - Change Source" funtion. It only allows me to change file name (i.e. 2003 summary report.xls!Sheet 1!R1C1:R100C50 => 2003 SUMMART REPORT (3).XLS) but not allow me to set range in that specific...

Query Delete and append
I am trying to add information to a table with an append query and that works fine since I duplicated the table. The information comes from a linked XLS sheet, I need to delete the information and replace it every day. When I created a delete query it works fine but when I try to add the information again using the append query it does not work unless I open the query in design view, save it and run it. I have dozens of other queries doing the same and they all work fine. What am I doing wrong? I looks like I am getting a 3349 error but why does it work once and then when I delete the ...

Reset last row used
I have a worksheet where I have deleted the data form the last batch of rows and wish to reset (using VBA) the last row used returned by Excel 2007 to the genuinely occuped rows. I have tried using: ActiveSheet.UsedRange but it doesn't do the trick. That is probably because the rows from which I have deleted the data have still retained their formatting. I do want to retain the formatting (eg row height etc) as I wish to add further data in due course. Any suggestions as to how I can reset what Excel returns as last row used in these circumstances? TIA Chris ...

Hide multiple users from Exchange Address Lists
Does anyone know how to hide several users from the Exchange address lists without having to open the properties of each user and selecting that option on the Exchange advanced tab? Thank you, Mitchel Is there anything that is common amongst all of those users yet differentiates them from the others? If so, you can modify the filter of your Address List to exclude them from the list. You can also use LDIFDE to set the attribute 'msExchHideFromAddressList' to True which will hide the users from the all address lists. "Mitchel Bone" <jmbone@cumberland.edu> wrote in ...

delete rows #2
Hello, I would like to have code for the following action: "delete all rows in which the cell in col B is xxx and the cell in col D is yyy" if there are no such rows or after the deleting "delete all rows in which the cell in col C is aaa and the cell in col D is zero or blank" TIA Yvonne This worked for me in xl2002: Option Explicit Sub testme02() Dim FirstRow As Long Dim LastRow As Long Dim iRow As Long Dim dummyRng As Range Dim wks As Worksheet Set wks = Worksheets("sheet1") With wks Set dummyRng = .UsedRange 'try to reset usedrange ...

managing marketing lists offline?
Hi everyone, isn't it possible to add/remove users from marketing lists while working offline? I'm missing the manage members buttons once I go offline. Is there something wrong with the installation of my client or is this just not supported??? Markus ...

adding positive integers in a column or row
Hi Excel Guru! I have template that needs some fine tuning, how can I compute for th sum of + integers ONLY. adding all cells including te ones wit negative values will screw up my computations. Thanks!!!! = -- jason710 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jason7100's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1676 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31961 Hi =SUMIF(A1:A100,">0") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "jason7100" <jason7100.1g5sby@excelforum...

fix the column width of a list
Hi there, what shall i do if i want to fix the column width of a list so that user can not resize it? "Scints" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<02b201c3bd2e$76f57950$a401280a@phx.gbl>... > Hi there, what shall i do if i want to fix the column > width of a list so that user can not resize it? I've never done this, but I guess that if you handle the resize message instead of letting MFC do it, you can decide whether or not to resize. The message will be found under the list's header control. HTH Paul. Hi Scints, Map OnNo...

How do I insert numbers in a row?
I'm using Excel 2003 and have 1800 rows. I need to number them 1 through 1800. Is there a way to number each row (colum A) automatically? Thanks. a really easy way is to goto cell a2 type in 1>goto a3 type in 2> select both>drag down. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Newbie" <spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uJl1i$sZFHA.3808@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I'm using Excel 2003 and have 1800 rows. I need to number them 1 through > 1800. Is there a way to number each row (colum A) automatically? > > Thanks. > > En...

high light row your working in
If I'm working in a cell, is there a way to high light the entire row so you can follow it to the column you want. shift + enter "kcholly" wrote: > If I'm working in a cell, is there a way to high light the entire row so you > can follow it to the column you want. Just click on the row number in the row header. You might also want to check this out: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! =========================================...

Appending worksheets
Hello, I have a huge workbook with some 200 worksheets (Excel 2002) and wouldlike to create one single worksheet by appending the data on all worksheets one after another. Is there an easy way to do this without programming a macro? Thanks so much. Provided the total data rows do not exceed 65535 (assuming a standard top row for col labels), one way would be sequential manual copy > paste into a single new sheet placed to the left of the 200 source sheets. At an est 15 sec per manual op, 200 sheets would only take roughly an hour of work to accomplish. Thereafter, to clean up, jus...

Hiding of rows and columns
I have a work sheet moderately big with multiple columns and rows. When I want to hide the rows and columns beyond data area for the purpose of easy scrolling I got a message " cannot shift objects beyond sheet". I dont know why? Any suggestions to hide rows and columns will help me a lot. Thanks a lot. You might want to take a look at this KB article http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=170081 XL97: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns -- HTH Bob Phillips "srinivasan" <srinivasan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FD94...

How to sort when info is grouped in rows?
Hi, I have a .csv file that I've opened in excel - the data is grouped so that column A contains groups of data, for example, row 1 will be the name, row 2 will be address, 3 is city, 4 is province, 5 is postal code. It then has a couple of blank rows, then some useless info for the next 3 rows, then starts back with the name, address grouping again. I'm trying to figure out how to sort it so that the info in the row becomes sorted into columns i.e. column for name, address, city, etc and eliminate the blank and useless rows. Can someone tell me how to do this - having much fun gett...

Append and Append To priviliges
Anybody know what these two priviliges do for a record?? Jay Append allows a user to be able to add items to an object for example you can append an address to an account. Append to allows a user to append this object to something else. You would need append to priv on the address object. They work together. "Jay Mehta" <jay.mehta@conexio.com> wrote in message news:b6caea5f.0310311043.682d756c@posting.google.com... > Anybody know what these two priviliges do for a record?? > > Jay So, in the example you gave of appending an Address object to an Account object,...

copy selected rows to second worksheet (NOT Cut + Paste)
I am trying to create a simple tool log that also incorporates a sign in/out sheet as a second worksheet. What I want is to be able to select (not using cut + paste) several rows and by simply being selected on "tool list" worksheet, temporarly copied into "sign_in" and "sign_out" worksheets. I need the data selected from sheet 1 "tools list" to fill rows (starting at 20) of the next 2 sheets, and then end user simply prints needed sheet, for employee to sign. This allows me to select only the tools that that employee is checking in/out ...

Department and Category List
Is there a way to export the department & category list? I made the list after importing my items, and now I want to add the dept & cat's to my items. Any suggestions? Thanks, but where do I find the attachment?? "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote: > I've attached a report that will list Departments and Categories. You can > export this to Excel just like any other report. Not sure if this is really > what you were asking for, but hope it helps. > > You need to use a newsreader like Outlook Express to see attachments. > Please see o...

append query with dtae and username
I am using an append query to add a new line to my table - one of the field in this table is "Update_Date" and one is "Updated_By". How via this query I can populated those two fields with the current date&Time and current username of the user . Many thanks, Dan Please ignore- wrong Group, sorry "Dan" wrote: > I am using an append query to add a new line to my table - one of the field > in this table is "Update_Date" and one is "Updated_By". > How via this query I can populated those two fields with the current ...

Automatically change row height?
Hello. The user types text stuff in A1. If there is no text, the row height for A2 is zero/minimal. If there is text, A2's row height autofits to that text. Some users enter more text than others, so A2's height has to grow or shrink depending on what is in A1. The formula in A2 is IF (A1="","",A1&", "&F16) Is this possible without VBA? If not, does anyone have any good code for this? Thanks! VR/Lost Private Sub worksheet_change(ByVal target As Range) Set target =3D Rows("2:2") If Range("A1").Value <> "" Th...

best practices smart list mod
Since I didn't get an answer to my question yesterday, I'll try this one: If you don't want all users to have a modification, should you first add the smartlist lookup to modifier before you add it to vba? Then change the vba property to emmodified only? Hai Datawiz1, Whats your goal to achieve? what is that you are trying to modify in lookup / Smart list. Akram. "datawiz1" wrote: > Since I didn't get an answer to my question yesterday, I'll try this one: > > If you don't want all users to have a modification, should you first add the ...

Re-Post Append to Append Query
Hi there, Awhile back, I posted about the following: Have a main form and sub form. When generate a new form, fill in the main form and tab to sub-form, an append query is executed that populates the questions and possible answers for the questionnaire selected in the main form. The user then selects there response. Now, however, additional questions have been added. This means I need to execute some kind of additional append query that will ignore question ids that have already been populated, and add new ones. As he so often does, Allen Brown very kindly posted responses and I ha...

My list stops when I hit enter
I have created a new multilevel list in Microsoft Word in order to properly connect my formatted styles with specific bullet point levels, something which I can't seem to accomplish using bullet points. But unlike bullet points, when I'm making a list and I hit enter, the list stops and I have to manually turn on the list again. This is incredibly frustrating and, quite frankly, non-sensical, so I'd appreciate any help. Go to the Modify Style dialog for this particular style and change the "Style for following paragraph" to the same style. You don't m...

Inserted Rows not re-calculating
I use SUM(Column_Title) a lot as I often do not know how many rows the worksheet will grow to. It works great but when I add in rows, and double-click on the formula cell, the extra rows I added are not included in the formula range (the colour-highlighted box). My workaround is to double-click on the formula, then double-click the colunm title (in Row 1). Then when I double-click the formula again, it shows it formula range includes the rows I added. This has been happening for a while, and the workaround is tiresome as there are many columns in some of my worksheets (and I have to ...

Importing CSV file into single column/multiple rows vs. multiple rows/single column
Hello, I need to know how to import data into a single column with multiple rows. By default, when importing a CSV or TAB txt file, it imorts data across multiple columns in one row but I need it to go into one column and multiple rows. I don't have the option on the import wizard. Thanks, Brian Brian, Open it as usual, then do a copy pastespecial transpose. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP <bjorgenson@charter.net> wrote in message news:1119877803.916313.176730@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello, I need to know how to import data into a single column with > multiple rows. B...

Using IF with a list
Hello, My question, for me, is complicated so I'll try to give as many details as possible. In the "A" colum, I have diggerent numbers: A1: 604551 A2: 604552 A3: 604553 A4: 604554 A5: 604555 In the B colum, I wanna use the "IF" feature. I would have a list of numbers in the "E" colum and I want the "IF" feature to put a "1" in the "B" colum if it matchs a number from the predefined list. The only little problem, teh list has about 500 numbers. If you think you can help me but you need more details or a file to giv...

Adjust Row Height for Text
I am working on a worksheet, and I have a row that contains text that I want to restrain in length so the text automatically wraps around and starts a new line within the row. I've tried "help" in Encel, but I can't figure how to do this. I want a wrap around in the row, because I don't want the text to exceed the limits of the paper when the worksheet is printed out. Any help would be appreciated. Pedro -- To contact me directly by email, please remove the words "NO" and "SPAM" from the reply address above. Alt click on the cell you want...