Another Conditional formatting question

Hi all, date box, I want it to be red when it is older than a year.

I have this set in my CF condition:

Field value is Greater Than     Now()-365   (red,bold)

Well, it is red bold anyways.  when i change the date to something LESS then
a year old, it flashes normal quickly, but then goes back to red/bold.

Thanks in advance!

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 09:58:02 -0800, Steph wrote:

> Hi all, date box, I want it to be red when it is older than a year.
>
> I have this set in my CF condition:
>
> Field value is Greater Than     Now()-365   (red,bold)
>
> Well, it is red bold anyways.  when i change the date to something LESS then
> a year old, it flashes normal quickly, but then goes back to red/bold.
>
> Thanks in advance!

As Condition1, try using:
Expression is
[ThisControlName] < DateAdd("yyyy",-1,Date())

--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

"fredg" wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 09:58:02 -0800, Steph wrote:
>
> > Hi all, date box, I want it to be red when it is older than a year.
> >
> > I have this set in my CF condition:
> >
> > Field value is Greater Than     Now()-365   (red,bold)
> >
> > Well, it is red bold anyways.  when i change the date to something LESS then
> > a year old, it flashes normal quickly, but then goes back to red/bold.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
>
> As Condition1, try using:
> Expression is
> [ThisControlName] < DateAdd("yyyy",-1,Date())
>
> --
> Fred
> Please respond only to this newsgroup.
> I do not reply to personal e-mail
> .

dropdown list question
I am using an in-cell dropdown list that is populated from a vba string. I have encountered a 255 character limit for the list of lookup items. Is there any way around this other than using spreadsheet cells to store the list values? Thanks, Keith The data validation list can come from a delimited list or a worksheet range. You could store the list on a hidden sheet, if you don't want users to accidentally change it. keithb wrote: > I am using an in-cell dropdown list that is populated from a vba string. I > have encountered a 255 character limit for the list of lookup i...

matching a column of numbers to another in another spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet of shortpayment amounts and their invoice numbers on one spreadsheet with a column of credit amounts with their invoice numbers on another spreadsheet. I need to match the credits written with the shortpayments. kinda like this spreadsheet 1 spreadsheet 2 inv # amount date Credit # Amount Date 122334 15.00 11-25-09 675555 15.00 12-10-09 223345 22.00 10-20-09 754444 22.00 111-25-09 naturally...

Grabbing a number from another cell on another worksheet
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with a number of different worksheets. All I want to do is if I enter a number into a cell on the 2nd worksheet for example, I want it to automatically show in a specific cell on the first worksheet. So a simple copy and paste but for excel to automatically do it for me! it seems like something so easy that I just cant figure out how to do. Try this... Do this once. Select the cell on the 2nd sheet Right click>Copy Navigate to the other sheet and select the cell where you want the value to appear. Right click>Paste Special>Paste Lin...

Acessing function with a DLL which has be loaded from another dll
I have A.dll and B.dll. Assume that A.dll has following functions: A1() A2() Assume that B.dll has following functions: B1() B2() I am loading B.dll from function A1() in A.dll.After Loading B.dll i make a call to B1().After executing the call the function returns to beginning of A2.dll. why is this so? Define "begining". The word tends to make no sense in this context. What you seem to be saying is that you have void A1() { HANDLE h = ::LoadLibrary(_T("B.DLL")); ...test for h==NULL, deal with error typedef void (*B1)() B1Proc; B1Proc B1; ...

Copying Conditional Format
Is it possible to copy conditional formatting that is already applied to a given cell to another cell? I know that the format is held and continuous formatting is possible, Thanks, Robin Chapple Hi Robin you can copy and paste formatting (including conditional formatting) using either the format painter (big yellow paintbrush toolbar icon) - click on the cell with the formatting, click on format painter, click on the cell where you want the formatting "painted" (double clicking on the format painter turns it on until you turn it off) or by using copy and then edit / paste specia...

Creating column content based on another column's keyword(s) #2
Max, That scriptlet was very useful, and easily tweakable to work in myria applications. Thx! -K -- KHashmi31 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KHashmi316's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1043 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27348 Glad to hear that ! Thanks for posting back -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "KHashmi316" <KHashmi316.1evevz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:KHashmi316.1e...

Populate data in cell by looking at another cells data
Hi Everyone, Hope I find you well. I'm not even sure how to go about this, so I hope that someone can shed some light. I have a serial number in one cell eg '80199DD270238' where 'DD' is code for another value, in this case 'DD' = 'BLUE'. How can I automatically populate a cell with the value 'BLUE' by looking at the serial number. Many thanks for any help you can provide. Best Regards Gazza Hi if the characters are alsways at the same place use =IF(MID(A1,6,2)="DD","Blue","other color") if they could be at ...

Sum dependant on '1' value in another column
Hi, Let's say I have a '1' or nothing in column 'L' and a time in seconds in column 'B'. The '1' means the time is a legitimate one. Can I do a sum of all the 'legitimate' times in column 'B' based on whether there is a corresponding '1' in column 'L'? Is there a formula that will allow me to do that? Sorry for the ignorance of the question but it is late and I am struggling to make this spreadsheet work for me. Thanks in advance, Dave Hi DL, Look at the SUMIF function in Excel help. Try: =SUMIF(L1:L10...

is it possible to execute write to the fields in another .xsl form a macro in another .xsl? e.g. some way to load another .xsl into an .xsl macro and write to its data? #2
is it possible to execute write to the fields in another .xsl form a macro in another .xsl? e.g. some way to load another .xsl into an .xsl macro and write to its data? ...

Formating #VALUE! cells
I have a few formulas in a spreadsheet that are equal to #VALUE! which is accurate, but is making my spreadsheet sloppy to read. Is there a way to format cells to display a specific value if the cell value = #VALUE!. For example, if cell W10=#VALUE! then display "TRUE" in the cell (instead of #VALUE!). Thank you. Regards, Diane Well, you could use =IF(ISERR(W10),"TRUE",W10) but you'd do a lot better to fix the #VALUE! errors in the first place. Having "acceptable errors" in a worksheet often masks other problems, and inures the user to unexpe...

Reposting because this IMF question is really bugging me
I am using Exchange 2003 and have implemented IMF on my SBS 2003 server where Exchange and the SMTP gateway resides. Everything looks ok. I opted to have my suspected SPAM archieved to the archieve folder. When using the IMF Companion and viewing these suspected SPAM emails I've noticed one in there that I do not consider SPAM. I used the option to "unblock" this email. My questions are what happens to this email after I unblock it. Does it get forwarded to the addressee and does IMF assign a lower SCL value to allow it to pass next time. Thanks. I believe that the sender is ...

.pst question
Outlook/Exchange novice here.... I have a user that has archived files to different areas on his laptop. He wants them all to appear in his folder list under Archive Folders. If I copy and paste them into docs and settings\%username%\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook do i need to rename the files so as not to overwrite the one archived file that is in there? In other words, what is the proper procedure to restore these archived files that are not where Outlook 2k sees them so that they can be viewed in his Archive Folders list? Thank you Hey, What I would do is put...

insert hyperlink/format outlook message
Hi all, I want to insert a hyperlink in my outlook 2002 message. All new messages are formatted as Richt Text Format. When i use the insert-menu, the hyperlink option is greyed-out. So i hear u think, then why not choose the HTML-format. Right, it works but only for this one message. When i use the Tools-Options-Mailformat menu the possibility for setting the mailformat for outgoing email is greyed-out. Why? Now all my mail is RTF-mail and i want to use the HTML-format. I'm using Outlook XP SP2. Thanks for your help. Regards, Jos Hi Jos, The problem is blamed on restrictions of y...

Hello, question about software assurance and Office 2008
Does anyone know when Mac Office 2008 will be available for those who have software assurance? I've seen many posts claiming the date is Feb 1st. I have yet to receive any feedback from my retailer. Thanks in advance for any help. No, we don't. Ring your account manager :-) On 11/01/08 6:57 AM, in article c0e5e9b3-9f54-4f57-94da-eaf8192d1ff6@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "jerry.kowalewski@gmail.com" <jerry.kowalewski@gmail.com> wrote: > Does anyone know when Mac Office 2008 will be available for those who > have software assurance? I've seen many posts c...

Conditional highlighting from current date
Hi, I would like to create a spreadsheet with dates as cell values and ge Excel 97 to highlight those cells that contain the current dat whenever I open that sheet. Is this possible with Excel 97? If not, which version of Excel (if any) would allow this? If yes, how do I go about it and what date format should I use? Thanks for any help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi oxag! Select the cells with the dates. Goto Format>Conditional Formatting. In the first dropdown list, select: Formula is In the text box that opens enter this formula: =A1=TODAY() (adjust the ce...

Automatic Link to another workbook
I have a workbook created that, every time I open it, I get the question: Do you want to update the automatic link to data in another workbook? I didn't consciously set up a link and I don't want to get this message. How do I find this link and break it so I will not continue to get this message? Any help is appreciated. Close any other Excel workbooks you have open and do a "Find" for :\ (colon backslash). If you have several worksheets in your workbook, ask Excel to search the entire workbook by selecting find within "Workbook" instead of "Sheet&quo...

Import Excel to Access Question
Hi, I need some help on importing data from Excel to Access. The Excel spreadsheet has the same columns, i.e. Date, Description. The problem I am having is that each spreadsheet that will be imported will have some of the same engine numbers, and some new engine number information in the spreadsheet, which is first entered into the DB table. Can Access import different info into the spreadsheet each time if it's in the same table? For example, the table has info Date, Description, A, B, C. The spreadsheet has columns Date, Description, A, E, S. Also, when importing info from an Excel...

How does Outlook know what format to apply to an incoming email?
I'm a developer in a company that makes software that encrypts email messages and am working on a bug that says that if an email was created in Outlook in Rich Text format and has elements in it like a table then the Rich Text formatting is lost upon receipt of the email. It looks like Outlook is looking at the encrypted email and deciding that it must be text and all formatting is lost. The actual data itself is still present in the received email and is displayed in simple Text format but the Rich Text formatting is lost. So, the real question is 'How does Outlook kn...

Multiple Queries Question
Hi All, I have a database to track awards for our program. I have created several queries and reports however I want to do a all inclusive status report for the Awards program. I have made Queries for Pending Awards for the Current Week, Previous Week, Previous Month, Current Month, Previous Qrter, Current Qrter, Current YTD, Previous Year. I also have Queries for presented Awards for Current and Previous: Week, Month, Quarter, Year I have a question that I am stumped on. The several queries that I have made I want to place into one report. In some cases one of these queries may have blank ...

Copying from one ListControl to Another...
Hello everyone, I have been studying how List Controls work, and now I have two List Controls, A and B. Both of the list controls are in Report_View and they both have the same # of columns. What I would like to do is copy each entry of A into B. I use CListCtrl::GetItem(..) to get the item, and I use CListCtrl::InsertItem(..) to insert the item into B. However, this is not working. It is only inserting the first subitem. Is it possible to copy the entire item i.e, subitems 0-2 from CListCtrl A into CListCtrl B? Thanks ...

Another question about IF(COUNTIF) checks in Excel
<Tiff1618@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:219EB429-F90A-406E-A208-5C787ED70467@microsoft.com... > > Hey again, > > > > Is there a formula I can use to figure out if there is one specific phrase > > in a selection? > > > > I'm updating the attendance prgram at the school that I work at. Every > > student has their own attendance sheet in Excel, and each sheet sort of > > looks > > like this: > > > > |Monday| > > Period 1:| A | (A=Absent; S=Seat time) > > Per...

Another If/Ten
HI all. Trying to use IF/THEN to look at Column A on one sheet, if any cell in that column equals today() would like cells from that row to fill in another sheet. Is this possible? Any ideas on how to make that happen?? Thanks. Flue. Maybe you can use format|Conditional formatting. Select the range to color (I used A2:X999). With A2 the activecell, I did: format|conditional formatting formula is: =($a2=today()) and give it a nice format Brian Bennett wrote: > > HI all. > > Trying to use IF/THEN to look at Column A on one sheet, if any cell in that > column equal...

Concatenation format breaks
Given these text field inputs: =[text68] & " MOM " & [ba] & " Bath(s)" Is there a way to have a new sentence start on a new line between text68 and Mom; and then have a new line to begin the ...[ba]& "Bath(s)" ...sections? I guess what I am looking for is a "trick" to put a line break between these elements. Text68 will be long and short sometimes, and I still want MOM to show on the next available line (or even skip one line) and start as a new section, but still reside within the original text box. What I want is: Text...

How can I open a file saved in another version of Publisher?
I have Publisher 2000 and I am trying to open a .pub file but the message says it cannot open because the file is save in a different version of Publisher. Is there a way to open the file in Publisher 2000? Any help would be greatly appreciated. YvetteR wrote: > I have Publisher 2000 and I am trying to open a .pub file but the > message says it cannot open because the file is save in a different > version of Publisher. Is there a way to open the file in Publisher > 2000? Any help would be greatly appreciated. More than likely, this file was created in Publisher 2002 or 2003. Y...

Another Gag thread
What's the difference between an Irish wedding and an Irish funeral? One less drunk at the funeral. The mayor of New Orleans was asked about his position on Roe vs. Wade. He said he didn't really care how people got out of the city. -- * "AB" <AB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B46FD0D-3AA8-4D81-B90A-3FB512EE1F8F@microsoft.com... What's the difference between an Irish wedding and an Irish funeral? One less drunk at the funeral. By looking at a picture of a person, you have to decide if he is a computer geek or a serial k...