Allow temporarily use of right click

I have made a databse in which I have disabled the right-click option.
However, I have a form which opens reports, and I want to temporarily allow
(only for the opened report) the right click option so the user can save and
print the report.

I have also no clue how to create a custom menu with only a few of the normal
right-click options

I hope my question is clear.
Thanks

greeknl

"greeknl via AccessMonster.com" <u30909@uwe> wrote in message
>I have made a databse in which I have disabled the right-click option.
> However, I have a form which opens reports, and I want to temporarily allow
> (only for the opened report) the right click option so the user can save and
> print the report.

Create your own shortcut menu and set the form or control to use it.  Both forms
and controls have a Shortcut menu property.  You just set that to the name you
give your custom menu.

> I have also no clue how to create a custom menu with only a few of the normal
> right-click options

Create a new menu, set its Type to Popup and copy whatever you want from other
menus and toolbars using standard drag and drop (holding control key) methods.
Nothing to it really.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

0
Rick
5/4/2007 12:12:35 PM
On Fri, 04 May 2007 11:42:10 GMT, "greeknl via AccessMonster.com" <u30909@uwe> wrote:

>I have made a databse in which I have disabled the right-click option.
>However, I have a form which opens reports, and I want to temporarily allow
>(only for the opened report) the right click option so the user can save and
>print the report.

When you say "disabled the right click option" do you mean you cleared the All Default Shortcut Menus option in the
Startup settings? If not, what exactly did you do?

You can add a custom popup menu and tell Access to show that menu when the user rightclicks in a form or report:

Right click on the menubar and select Customize, then click New and name your new popup.Click Properties and set Type to
Popup; set any other properties you desire here as well. Add your menuitems and then Close the Customize dialog.

Now open your form/report in Design view and set the Other tab in the Properties dialog, then select your popup menu in
the Shortcut Menu Bar setting.

Note that if you want to make changes to this popup, you'll need to select the Shortcut Menus option in the Toolbars tab
of the Customize dialog, then click the Custom dropdown ... you should see your popup menu listed there.

Scott McDaniel
scott@takemeout_infotrakker.com
www.infotrakker.com
0
Scott
5/4/2007 12:23:08 PM
Thank you for your prompt replies.

Yes I disabled it a the startup option.
But then I disabled all options.

Now I tried and enabled the shortcut menus and it does exactly what I want. I
figured that it worked as I had set the shortcut menu option for all forms to
no.

Still one question though.
When I make a custom menu will it be stored in the database so when I move
the mdb file to another pc it will also work?

Scott McDaniel wrote:
>>I have made a databse in which I have disabled the right-click option.
>>However, I have a form which opens reports, and I want to temporarily allow
>>(only for the opened report) the right click option so the user can save and
>>print the report.
>
>When you say "disabled the right click option" do you mean you cleared the All Default Shortcut Menus option in the
>Startup settings? If not, what exactly did you do?
>
>You can add a custom popup menu and tell Access to show that menu when the user rightclicks in a form or report:
>
>Right click on the menubar and select Customize, then click New and name your new popup.Click Properties and set Type to
>Popup; set any other properties you desire here as well. Add your menuitems and then Close the Customize dialog.
>
>Now open your form/report in Design view and set the Other tab in the Properties dialog, then select your popup menu in
>the Shortcut Menu Bar setting.
>
>Note that if you want to make changes to this popup, you'll need to select the Shortcut Menus option in the Toolbars tab
>of the Customize dialog, then click the Custom dropdown ... you should see your popup menu listed there.
>
>Scott McDaniel
>scott@takemeout_infotrakker.com
>www.infotrakker.com

greeknl
5/4/2007 6:10:57 PM
greeknl via AccessMonster.com wrote:
> Thank you for your prompt replies.
>
> Yes I disabled it a the startup option.
> But then I disabled all options.
>
> Now I tried and enabled the shortcut menus and it does exactly what I
> want. I figured that it worked as I had set the shortcut menu option
> for all forms to no.
>
> Still one question though.
> When I make a custom menu will it be stored in the database so when I
> move the mdb file to another pc it will also work?

Yes IF... you actually make a *new* one.  Modifications to built in menus
and toolbars are local to your machine and show up in all files.  New menus
are stored in the file.  You will only see them in the file where they were
created and they will also be seen by other users if you send them a copy of
the file.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...
RBrandt   at   Hunter   dot   com

0
Rick
5/4/2007 6:40:03 PM
Thank you very much for you reply
Your help is much appreciated

Rick Brandt wrote:
>> Thank you for your prompt replies.
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
>> When I make a custom menu will it be stored in the database so when I
>> move the mdb file to another pc it will also work?
>
>Yes IF... you actually make a *new* one.  Modifications to built in menus
>and toolbars are local to your machine and show up in all files.  New menus
>are stored in the file.  You will only see them in the file where they were
>created and they will also be seen by other users if you send them a copy of
>the file.

greeknl

I used to have most pictures published in Outlook
I used to have most pictures published in Outlook. I turned this feature off because various malware can attach itself to JPGs, GIFs, etc. I forgot what I did. Pleaser remind me. Thank you, Barry Karas Barry Karas <bkaras@adelphia.net> wrote: > I used to have most pictures published in Outlook. I turned this > feature off because various malware can attach itself to JPGs, GIFs, > etc. I forgot what I did. Pleaser remind me. Got a version for that Outlook? -- Brian Tillman Right! Version: 2003 (11.5608.5606) Barry Karas ***********************************************...

Entire Active Directory visible when Allowing Users to Edit Ranges
Excel XP on Windows 2000. TS Environment running Citrix. Following Problem: Tools - Protection - Allow user to edit ranges - new - permissions - add. This provides a list of the ENTIRE active directory of the domain. Where is the switch to turn this off or to limit the access? Am I in the right newsgroup even? Any hints will be greatly appreciated. ...

Getting the average from a column using date constrants
Using Column A (Date) Formatted Monday, February 1, 2009. I want to grab the Average of column Z (percentage) where the Month of the row is February. In a spreadsheet with 365rows the result set should be the average of 28days. I have read many posts, tried many examples, Below is the current formula I am working with =AVERAGEIF(MainSheet!A2:A100,MONTH(A2:A100)=MONTH(10),MainSheet!Z3:Z100) I am getting a #DIV/0! I am only testing this on 100 rows as the year isn't complete, as such there is 365 days of data. Any help would be greatly appreciated... >Using Column A (...

Cannot download attachments using OWA
Exchange Server 2003 w/SP1 on Windows Server 2003 I have one user who is cannot save or view attachments via OWA. She experiences this problem using her Windows XP SP2 laptop at work or at home as well as on her machine at home. The attachment works fine when she opens the email via Outlook 2003. The error she gets when she tries to save the attachment is: "Internet Explorer cannot download Dept Reports.doc?attach=1 from mail.mydomain.com. Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later....

Does Outlook 2003 allow multiple Exchange accounts?
Hi, I was wondering if Microsoft figured out a way to have more than one Exchange accounts in Outlook 2003? I realize that I can have multiple Exchange accounts in Outlook 2002 provided that I set them up as POP3 or IMAP. I'm talking about having multiple pure Exchange accounts w/ calendar and everthing. Thanks, Sam Nope. Only 1 Exchange account is still supported when working against 2 or more sites. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Sam" <sam@iqinternet.com> wrote in message news:e1sEVVao...

Using "Avg" function on calculated field
In a report I have a calculated field as "=Nz([Total],0)/Hrs" which works fine. In the report footer I tried to get the average of the values in this column so I used "=Avg(Nz([Total],0)/Hrs) but when I run it it asks me for the value of "Hrs". Neither "hrs" nor "total" are calculated fields and no error is generated either. The output for the average is just blank. I tried =Avg(Nz([Total],0)/(Nz(Hrs,))) which did not work either. What am I missing? There's a couple of potential issues here. It sounds like Hrs is a field in the table/quer...

Automatically control the font of a cell when a function is used
I have a my custom function say myfun(arguments) I would like that whenever I use this function in any cell of a workbook (sheet) there should be always be the same font lets say Times New Roman, the font size to be 10, font color automatic. I tried to make another sub that will check every time the sub is entered and ensure that the cell is well with the desired font type. But, I could not get through the sub. Any help in this regard will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. I don't think that you can make changes to the worksheet from within the UDF but you could use a Workshe...

Growing Total using Autofilter in Excel?
Hello, I have a spreadsheet i am working on in Excel 2002. I have a ton of data which i am sorting to date using AutoFilter, which is working fine. when the data is not filtered i have a rolling total which adds up the whole thing like this. a b 1 100 100 2 100 200 3 150 350 but when i use the filter i see the larger totals in the list (which i understand) What i want is the same thing in a new column, but for only the current data from the view. example a b ~ 7 150 150 8 100 250 9 200 450 I have tried using sum and subtotal but it doesnt allow + example: =sum(b7+a8) and =subtotal(9,b7+a8...

Using cell refs in Excel hyperlinks.
Is this possible? This would be so useful!! Piker It is always helpful to state which version of Excel you are using. Excel 2002...... Right-click on a cell and select "Hyperlink". Select from left "Place in this Document". From the list of worksheets pick the sheet and enter a cellref or choose named range and OK. Excel 97.............. Right-click on a cell and select "Edit Hyperlink". "Link to File or URL" browse to your workbook(file) and select>OK. "Named Location in File" browse to your sheet and enter a cellref or named ...

field service allow setup of cycle charge allowed up to
Field service needs to allow the setup in meter readings to have an amount for each meter reading that is not charged versus just a maximum in the base field. For instance the customer each meter reading gets the first 1000 cycles at no charge and .05 per cycle over the allowance. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsre...

using workflow to create a record
Hello I don't think this is possible but thought I'd ask before giving up. I would like to know if you can write a workflow rule that would create a new record. Basically out of all my contacts I have 232 consultants. I have created a new entity -Consultant Profile and for each of the 232 consultants/contact there should be a profile. I was wondering if there was a way to quickly create a new consultant profile for each of these contacts without having to manually go into each one and select new. I know it's a long shot!! Thanks very much and happy new year Suzi Suzi...

read only form allows date to change
I have a form that I open in read only that has a calendar popup for the date fields. When I open the form the calendar pop up allows the date to be changed. The rest of the fields are read only. Any suggestions. Thanks Private Sub ViewActivityNote_Click() On Error GoTo Err_ViewActivityNote_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "FRM - Activity Note" stLinkCriteria = "[activitynoteid]=" & Me![activitynoteid] DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria, acFormReadOnly Exit_ViewActivityNote_Click: Exi...

Sorting data using roman numerals....
Is there any way to sort data using Roman numerals as the "sort by" column? Excel treats it as text and places IX before V. I can make it work by adding a column and manually converting the Roman numerals to regular numbers and sorting on that, but for some of my reports, that too much data to manually convert. Come on guys, make me look like a hero!! I'm thinking you could build a lookup table once to add a converted column of arabic or regular numbers for sorting purposes on all your worksheets. Going forward you could use arabic numbers and use the ROMAN function to ...

Use Trusted Connection-Crystal ODBC Connection
I setup a ODBC connection for Crystal reports, however when opening a report or refreshing a report, I get the SQL Server Login in window, asking for a login ID and password. There is also a check box for 'Use Trusted Connection' and if the user checks this box, the login ID and password grays out and they have access any of the Dynamics SQL tables. Basically someone can build any payroll report they want... and bypass all security by checking one simple box Does anyone know how to disable this check box? -- Doug Doug, It won't be quite that easy. The reason this w...

NUL characters are not allowed
Hi, We have install the exchange 2003 and we are encountering intermitten problem when sending email to internet (only to a certain email domain other are alright). When that happens, we receive a "NUL characters ar not allowed" error. <mail.anonymous.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 Requested action not taken: NU characters are not allowed.> This error usually happens when we reply to a certain email domain. When this happens, we would retry 2 or 3 times, it usually i successfully after 2 or 3 tries. It only affects a small number of email domain. Other email domain ha no problem. H...

Payroll should allow concurrent builds by different users
In a company that is heavy payroll, all checks are processed in the same day but by different users for different subsets of employees. Allowing concurrent builds would be nice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolution...

Show record on form, bookmark for record was found using seek?
I used seek to find a record with certain criteria. I then recorded the bookmark in a variable. How do I then set the form to show the current record identified by that bookmark?-- Regards, Michael You can (and should) use an ADO recordset if the form is based on an ADO recordset, such as if you use an ADP instead of an MDB.But if you use regular Access tables, in a normal Access form, you will have a DAO recordset, because Access itself uses DAO.About 7 years ago, Microsoft was trying to wean Access users away from DAO, in the misguided hope that we would all convert to SQL Server back ends. ...

Reading XML file and stripping and then updating the values into the sqldatabase using Stored Procedures
Thanks in Advance I have a XML file which is read from a .aspx page. I need to read through all the elements, find the values of them and pass them on to the stored procedure which updates the sql database. Here the xml file which has to be read. <transactions> <smssent time="10:30" subsid="12" dest="07951998960" id="321">SMScontents</smssent> <msgtranscribed time="" subsid="12" success="True" length="10" timetaken="20" bureau="bureau10" agent="agentid"><...

what does whitespace not allowed in this location mean and how do.
i am importing data in csv to excel but it says 'file not loaded- whitespace not allowed in this location' what does that mean? and how do i cahnge it? ...

Mail Merge Using Publisher & Excel 2002
How do I merge labels using PUBLISHER (2002) and EXCEL - I can only get it to show one sheet of the SAME label? I'm looking into my crystal ball (comes with our MVP kits) and I can see that you are only looking at the Print Preview screen. I can also see that you didn't check the archives before posting because this is a common question. ;-) Try printing a page and you will see that you get a sheet of different addresses. -- JoAnn Paules aka Gypsy Woman MVP Microsoft [Publisher] (Sorry - feeling like having some fun today. The sun has finally made its appearance after sev...

Office '97
I downloaded the compatibility pack and it worked, BUT... Now when I try to open email Word attachments, the computer tries to save it, instead of opening it. HELP! Greg Should be working fine on your Windows 98 . Just a presumption since you did not post details of your OS or on anything else If you have XP,Vista,Win7 then you are out of luck since Office 97 is not supported on these or on any other OS -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Greg" <Greg@discus...

Using NOT operator with Advanced Find
We can group ROW in Advanced Find with AND or OR operator. How can I use NOT operator? For example: I need to find LEADs which have activity LETTER with some conditions AND NOT have activity PHONE CALL with some conditions. This is a shortcoming of the current advanced find. There isn't a NOT operator, so the query you're trying to build is not possible. The best you can do is creating a report for it. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2...

Allowing pictures to download in Outlook 2002
My boss is using Outlook 2002 and I can't find this setting: Pictures don't download in his emails In 2003 it's under Tools - Options - Security - Change Automatic Download settings. Can anyone help? Thanks! ...

how do i use sumif when linking worksheet
example three criteria in a single coloum A B C i want to add these seperately and want total to be shown in other worksheet I'm not sure what you're asking, exactly. If you have "A B C" in one column, say column J, are the criteria space delimited? Fixed length? When you say you "want to add these separately", if your criteria are "A B C" what are you adding? In article <94BB15F2-B984-4F9E-B6CE-B9BE8EC187D1@microsoft.com>, "anushri" <anushri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > example three criteria in a single coloum A ...

COUNTIF using amount of time
I have some data with various time intervals in mm:ss.ms and I want to use the COUNTIF function to count how many of them fall between 1-2 minutes, 2-3 minutes, 3-4 minutes, etc., but I keep getting a count of all the values. Am I comparing the time intervals wrong? For example, the data (in the A column) is: 01:19.666 01:13.287 01:28.308 02:29.872 05:36.658 01:01.770 My formula for counting those between 1-2 minutes: =COUNTIF(A:A,">=00:01.000&&<00:02.000") The returned value is 6. Any help would be appreciated, Dennis Dennis, For 1 to 2 minutes, try =SUMPRODUCT(...