AfterUpdate Requery

I'm having a problem with Requery.  I have 7 combo boxes that are cascading.
One gets it's data from the previous one.  The first three requery and blank
out the combo boxes if the item that was selected isn't in the new list.
Although the last four do requery and get a new list, they keep the previous
selected text even if it isn't in the new list.  I set the Limit To List
option but that didn't have an effect on the last four combo boxes. I posted
the different ways I've tried requerying below.  The only one that seems to
remove the data is DoCmd.Requery but only does it for Client, and Contract.

Any  help is much appreciated!

Private Sub cbManf_AfterUpdate()
Me("cbEquipType").Requery
End Sub

Private Sub cbVessel_AfterUpdate()
DoCmd.Requery "cbClient"
DoCmd.Requery "cbContract"
DoCmd.Requery "cbManf"
DoCmd.Requery "cbEquipType"
End Sub

Thanks.
--
Infotech

0
James

You can set a combo box to Null, which should clear any selection:

cbEquipType = Null

Carl Rapson

"James Bailey" <privacy@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> I'm having a problem with Requery.  I have 7 combo boxes that are
> cascading. One gets it's data from the previous one.  The first three
> requery and blank out the combo boxes if the item that was selected isn't
> in the new list. Although the last four do requery and get a new list,
> they keep the previous selected text even if it isn't in the new list.  I
> set the Limit To List option but that didn't have an effect on the last
> four combo boxes. I posted the different ways I've tried requerying below.
> The only one that seems to remove the data is DoCmd.Requery but only does
> it for Client, and Contract.
>
> Any  help is much appreciated!
>

> Private Sub cbManf_AfterUpdate()
> Me("cbEquipType").Requery
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub cbVessel_AfterUpdate()
> DoCmd.Requery "cbClient"
> DoCmd.Requery "cbContract"
> DoCmd.Requery "cbManf"
> DoCmd.Requery "cbEquipType"
> End Sub
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Infotech

0
Carl
6/8/2007 2:49:18 PM
At first your solution caused some problems with data getting lost in all of
the records that were displayed by the form but once I set it Data Entry to
"Yes" it worked..

Thanks!

"Carl Rapson" <mr.mxyzptlk@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message
> You can set a combo box to Null, which should clear any selection:
>
> cbEquipType = Null
>
> Carl Rapson
>
> "James Bailey" <privacy@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> I'm having a problem with Requery.  I have 7 combo boxes that are
>> cascading. One gets it's data from the previous one.  The first three
>> requery and blank out the combo boxes if the item that was selected isn't
>> in the new list. Although the last four do requery and get a new list,
>> they keep the previous selected text even if it isn't in the new list.  I
>> set the Limit To List option but that didn't have an effect on the last
>> four combo boxes.

0
James

Requery a subform
Hello, In my application I have a form let say "frmContacts". Record Source [tblContacts], with Primary Key [ContactID]. In this form I have a subform "frmContactFunctions". Record Source [tblContactFunctions], with Primary Key [ContactFunctionsID] and Foreign Key [ContactID]. The two forms are linked with Link Child Fields [ContactID] and Link Master Fields [ContactID]. Starting from the form "frmContacts" (without closing it) I can start an other form called "frmContactsEdit" to edit a contact and its functions. When via form "frmContactsE...

Requery SubForm
I have a subform that is filtered by a combo box on my main form. The combo box allows the users to select a year and then all the records within that year will appear on the subform. I have the default of my combo box set to "Year(Date())" so when the form is opened it will already show the records for the current year. I also have some textboxes on my main form the do some calculations based on the records on my subform. The problem is that when I open the form and there are records on the subform the calculation controls will not calculate until I select a year in the combo...

AfterUpdate/BeforeUpdate and SetFocus
I have some problems with the SetFocus command in a Userform with an AfterUpdate or BeforeUpdate routine. To make it clear to you, I made a very small Userform to demonstrate it. It only contains 8 TextBoxes and this code: Code: Private Sub TextBox01_AfterUpdate() Me.TextBox08.SetFocus End Sub - Private Sub TextBox02_BeforeUpdate(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean) TextBox08.SetFocus End Sub - Private Sub TextBox03_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean) TextBox08.SetFocus End Sub - Private Sub TextBox04_Change() TextBox08.SetFocus End Sub I expected that in ...

AfterUpdate
Hello Chaps, In the AfterUpdate code I had the detail back colour change if a check box (tbc) = True. However if I tick the box now it turns the back colour of every form irrespective if that record is ticked tbc or not! Any help on solving this would be great. JAMES Private Sub tbc_afterupdate() If Me.tbc = True Then Me.Section(0).BackColor = 65535 Else Me.Section(0).BackColor = 16777215 End If End Sub If you are using a continuous form, that code won't work. The good news is that you can use Conditional Formatting to make it work. In Design View, select the combo box and fro...

AfterUpdate Question!
I want to add this to my code , Ony enter date if [DateCheck] (checkbox) is -1 Any help would be great..............Thanks Bob Private Sub tbAdditionCharge_AfterUpdate() If tbDayNo.value = "" Or IsNull(tbDayNo.value) Then tbDayNo.value = Format(Now, "dd-mmm-yy") End If End Sub Hi Bob, Me.tbDayNo=IIf(Me.DateCheck And IsNull(tbDayNo), _ Format(Date,"dd/mm/yy"),tbDayNo) Regards Jacob "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:%23xApdzD7HHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... | | I want to add this to my code , Ony enter date if [D...

BeforeUpdate or AfterUpdate ?
Hi all, I have an unbound form in which I have (amongst others) two comboboxes with mandatory data. Although I present a combobox, limited to the choices to pick out, people manage not to fill in those data and to jump via the TAB-key to the next field. Of course I’ll have NULL value for this combobox, but how can I force the user to look for the correct row ? In the BeforeUpdate or in the AfterUpdate event ? I have some code like : Private Sub CboAfterUpdate() if isnull(me.Cbo) then Beep Msgbox(“You must choose a value”) Me.cboAfter.setfocus endif end sub But this does not se...

Listbox requery
I have a listbox (lbProjects) that should enumerate all the Projects assigned to a given Capital Request. The form (frmCER) is bound to the Capital Request (tblCER) table, and its Primary Key is "CERID". The Project table (tblProjects) has a foreign key in it called "CERID". I set up the listbox initially unbound, with a record source that looked for all projects with a CERID that matched forms!frmCER.CERID. It selected the first one just fine, but as I scroll through the CERs, the listbox does not update. I coded the OnChange event from the CERID field on the main f...

Requerying
One of the fields of a table is sorted. SELECT tblConfigGrupos.lintIndexKMaster, tblConfigGrupos.strNomeGrupo, tblConfigGrupos.boolInactive, tblConfigGrupos.lintNGrupo FROM tblConfigGrupos ORDER BY lintNGrupo; If I change the content of one lintNGrupo field in one record, I should issue a Me.Requery to sort it again so that the new sort is displayed. To what event should I associate the command? (Is this the right way to do it?) Thanks H. Martins Try the form's AfterUpdate event. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "H. Martins&q...

AfterUpdate Problem
I need to flash an "RE-ORDER ALERT" message after inventory level falls below re-order level. The message only flashes up when I move to a next record and back after a DoCmd.Save. I need the message to flash immediate after a Save. Note. The message is a flashing label on the form. Thank you. Perhaps you could code it to actually flash before DoCmd.Save is processed. Once you're into that code string, it will be run. Or, maybe consider a Message Box. I like this idea because it forces the user to interact with the reorder message. No one can say "I didn'...

AfterUpdate VB If statement
I am having a problem with this code: Private Sub Cart_Shed_Number_AfterUpdate() If (Me.Cart_Shed_Number) = "NA" And (Me.Cart_Type) = "NA" Then Me.Cart_Shed_Fee = "0" ElseIf (Me.Cart_Shed_Number) >= "A" And (Me.Cart_Type) = "Gas" Then Me.Cart_Shed_Fee = "10" ElseIf (Me.Cart_Shed_Number) >= "A" And (Me.Cart_Type) = "Electric" Then Me.Cart_Shed_Fee = "20" End If End Sub I want it to auto populate a "cart shed fee" field on a form depending on the answers to the &q...

Unbound combobox AfterUpdate
Hi On some form I have several unbound combobox controls. Whenever some of them is changed, I want: 1. reset the values for other combos on same form; 2. reset Filter and FilterOn properties for subform on same form; 3. reset Rowsource for a record locating combobox on this subform. Currently I use combo's AfterUpdate's events for this - like here: Private Sub Combo1_AfterUpdate() Me.Combo2 = 0 Me.Combo3 = 0 If Nz(Me.Combo1, 0) = 0 Then Me.MySubform.Form.Filter = "" Me.MySubform.Form.FilterOn = False ...

CRecordset::Requery() issue
Even when I set m_strFilter to a condition that does not exist, Requery() still returns TRUE. To determine if a matching record was found, I'm using IsBOF() and IsEOF() instead. This is acceptable, but I'm curious why Requery() returns TRUE in such a situation. Maybe my definition of failure is different from its. set.Open(); set.m_strFilter = "[Date] BETWEEN ? AND ?"; set.m_Date1Param = CTime(2004, 1, 9, 0, 0, 0); set.m_Date2Param = CTime(2004, 1, 9, 23, 59, 59); if (set.Requery() != FALSE) { TRACE("%d, %d\n", set.IsBOF(), set.IsEOF()); set.Delete(); /...

blinking form afterupdate
Hi, When i use this command: DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, 5, , acMenuVer70 The form blinks with every update. Is there a way to prevent the form from blinking ? I hope to hear from you ! Best regards and thanks in advance, Pierre This code requeries the form and displays any changes to the data. Where are you using that code - is it on a button or some other event? Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Pierkes" <info@advisearch.nl> wrote in message news:4bf61674$0$31931$703f8584@news.kpn.nl... > Hi...

AfterUpdate Requery
I'm having a problem with Requery. I have 7 combo boxes that are cascading. One gets it's data from the previous one. The first three requery and blank out the combo boxes if the item that was selected isn't in the new list. Although the last four do requery and get a new list, they keep the previous selected text even if it isn't in the new list. I set the Limit To List option but that didn't have an effect on the last four combo boxes. I posted the different ways I've tried requerying below. The only one that seems to remove the data is DoCmd.Requery but on...

AfterUpdate Form Event Fires Repeatedly
I've been having this problem for a few months with a db I'm working on. I know there must be something simple I'm overlooking, so I'd greatly appreciate any help in identifying what the problem is. I'm using the following to create a timestamp: Me.dbLastUpdateUser = Forms!frmUserInfoHIDDEN!txtUserName Me.dbLastUpdate = Now() frmuserInfoHIDDEN refers to a form that is hidden on startup that stores the name the user logged in with. This feature works fine. The AfterUpdate timestamp used to work as well. However, now it repeatedly fires and forces the user to stay on ...

Triggering AfterUpdate Event
I have a data entry form using forms and multipages with numerous dat fields for the user to populate. I have also written error handlers t restrict the input of the user using the AfterUpdate event (e.g. I they enter an invalid entry for a date field and move off, th AfterUpdate triggers an error message, which pops up next to th field). The general usage of this is that someone will open a new form, ente data, and write to a worksheet. Since I do not allow invalid data to b written, I can ensure that the data is correct when it is written, s when I open the form, I do not need to validate ...

AfterUpdate event procedure
I have an AfterUpdate procedure that populates values from a subform into fields on my main data entry form. The forms/subforms were created using Access 2000 and worked correctly in Access 2003. When I upgraded to Access 2007, the code no longer works....unless I enter the STUDYID value twice. Any ideas as to why this is occurring? And how do I fix it? Private Sub STUDYID_AfterUpdate() [LNAME] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Lname2] [MI] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![MI2] [FNAME] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Fname2] [COUNTY] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![County2] [HOSPID] = [frmsubIsol07].Form![Ho...

Repeat afterupdate code
Hello, I have a form that has about 25 inputs for data. I then have about 15 boxes that I just calculate some numbers so people can see what the effects are as they enter it. So for every data entry point I have the code behind AfterUpdate calling Private Sub Start_number_AfterUpdate() Call Calculations End Sub Private sub Calculations() ..... End sub Is there a way to have the calculation boxes all update after any of the data entry points have without have to put in the afterupdate behind each one? It works fine the way it is right now but I would like to clean it ...

AfterUpdate Now() to table
I am using: CurrentDb.Execute "UPDATE tbl_Projects SET DateUpdated = Now()" as suggested here, but it is updating ALL records, how do I specify the record that was actully changed? If you are talking about TimeStamping a record that was updated on a form then you want your code in the BeforeUpdate event of the form. In this case you do not need SQL but simply: [DateUpdated] = Now MeSteve wrote: >I am using: >CurrentDb.Execute "UPDATE tbl_Projects SET DateUpdated = Now()" >as suggested here, but it is updating ALL records, how do I specify the >record that w...

AfterUpdate Event for TextBox
I have this code for the afterupdate event on a text box that has data in it. Me.Text732 = Replace(Abs(Val([Text732])), ".", "") When I past this data 0000272400123456 into the text box, it gets rid of the 0000, becomes 272400123456 But if I past this kind of number 4223697600059898, it turns it into this 42236976000599E+15 If I take the coding away and past the 4223697600059898 number, it stays the same and doesn't get changed to the +15. Any suggestions or changes to code to fix this? Thanks! Curtis if its a text field then it shouldnt be modifying any v...

Can't Requery Combo Box on Subform
I wrote some code that executes on Not in List for a combo box. It opens a form (dialog mode) that allows me to enter new data into the table that provides data for the combo box. The last thing that happens is a requery on the combo box. This all works fine for combo boxes on a simple form. It doesn't work with a combo box on a sub form. When I try it, I get "Index or primary key can't contain a null value" after closing the dialog. The combo box doesn't contain the new data; however, if I manually go to the menu bar and do a Records-Refresh the data shows...

Checkbox Click (and Afterupdate?)
I have a form with multiple checkboxes in the following format: _X_ Northeast _X_ New England _X_ State1 _X_ State2 ... _X_ Mid Atlantic _X_ State5 _X_ State6 ... Using the following code in the On Click Event I was able to select all the states in each row (i.e. all the states in New England): If (Me."New England") Then Me.State1 = True Me.State2 = True ... Else Me.State1 = False Me.State2 = False ... End If I thought that if I were to apply the same principle to the "Northeast" checkbox...: If (Me."Northeast") Then Me."New Engla...

AfterUpdate event not firing?
I have a form which opens up a subform. On subform, there is a tab control which has five tabs on it. Each tab contains a sub-form on it. I have a combo box on one of these sub-forms to which I am attempting to add in functionality to implement a recent entries list. I have the following code added to this sub-form's control's AfterUpdate event. However, this event does not fire after the field is updated. I have verified this by inserting breakpoints in the code, and the breakpoint never fires either. Any idea why the AfterUpdate event is not firing? Any input would be great. Thanks...

Requery form
I have a form that when opened asks for a patient's NHS number as criteria for the underlying query. The main form then gives the 'personal' information, and a subform displays all entries for that person. However, I can't work out how to requery the original form/query to call up another patient without closing and reopening so that it asks me for the criteria again. Is this possible? Is it something simple that I'm missing?! Many thanks, Kate Kate - I assume you have a control that the user will use to go to another record (like a button on the...

Afterupdate Code Question
I am using the following code to disable the date field if the yes/no box is null or false: Private Sub Combo33_AfterUpdate() Me.Ctl1st_Date.Enabled = Nz(Me.Combo33, False) Me.Most_Recent_Date.Enabled = Nz(Me.Combo33, False) End Sub What can i place in this code so that it also deletes whatever date was in this field if it is selected as N or False? Any help is appreciated. Do I also need to place this in the beforeupdate of the form? Nevermind I just added: If Me.Combo33 = False Then Me.Ctl1st_Date = Null Me.Most_Recent_Date = Null And it works fine ? ...