Adding on Option to an Option Group

I have created a form to give a report of 3 tables and give the user the
ability to sort on a column by checking the check box on the header.  I had
to add another field to one of the tables and now need to add this to the
option group.. how?

Thanks
Sue

Found it - for others, you need to add the field to the record source for the
form, then with the option group selected, open the field list and drag the
new field onto the option group (at least I hope that is it)

Sue

(Sometimes it actually pays off to have a stack of books over a foot high on
Access)

"Design by Sue" wrote:

> I have created a form to give a report of 3 tables and give the user the
> ability to sort on a column by checking the check box on the header.  I had
> to add another field to one of the tables and now need to add this to the
> option group.. how?
>
> Thanks
> Sue
NOPE That didin't work - anyone have any ideas (Guess I need another 2 inches
of books)

Sue

"Design by Sue" wrote:

> Found it - for others, you need to add the field to the record source for the
> form, then with the option group selected, open the field list and drag the
> new field onto the option group (at least I hope that is it)
>
> Sue
>
> (Sometimes it actually pays off to have a stack of books over a foot high on
> Access)
>
> "Design by Sue" wrote:
>
> > I have created a form to give a report of 3 tables and give the user the
> > ability to sort on a column by checking the check box on the header.  I had
> > to add another field to one of the tables and now need to add this to the
> > option group.. how?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Sue
Take one of your original radio buttons...copy & paste it INTO the Option
Group..then give it a new number..IE 3..if you had 2 radio buttons before
numbered 1 and 2.

HTh - Bob

"Design by Sue" wrote:

> I have created a form to give a report of 3 tables and give the user the
> ability to sort on a column by checking the check box on the header.  I had
> to add another field to one of the tables and now need to add this to the
> option group.. how?
>
> Thanks
> Sue
Actually, just add a radio button to your Option Group frame and it will
automatically assign it the next number value. You'll then have to modify
whatever code you have to assign a particular report to this Option Group.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq
2/15/2008 4:23:41 AM
Finally I found the piece I was missing in the book (pays to read one step at
a time)  I needed to double click on the check box in the tool box and drag
the field name to the option group.  Then the option group highlighted to
show it was selected and the item added.  Then I added a field for the option
I added (of course) Then I added the option to my code.

Bob - didn't think to try past into. Will try that next time, but I think my
problem was that the option group would not select when I tried to paste a
copy.

Thanks

Group Policy for Registry Permissions yielding Red X Icon on RSOP
Greetings, I'm trying to include registry permissions in my policies to lock down certain keys. Every single key I select I get a "Red X Icon" on the registry key and the error message says the following: "The policy xxxxx resulted in the following error Unknown error. Ofr more information, see %windir%\security\logs\winlogon.log on the target machine." Well winlogon.log looks perfectly fine, it isn't complaining about anything. Further, the permissions on the key did apply successfully. What gives? Hello -, Which OS version, SP/patch...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

ADDING A NUMBER

'Accept' option not functioning in Workplace module
When users attempt to move email to the 'In Progrss' folder, they are unable to do so using the 'Accept' Action - in fatc there appears to be no way of removing email from the email without deleting it. Does someone have any insights as to why email can not be move to the 'In Progree' folder using 'Accept'? ...

adding new records

When adding attachments...

??WINDOWS 7 Discussion Groups
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Is for XP microsoft.public.windows.vista.general Is for Vista Which Group us is for 7 Microsoft is transitioning from newsgroups to the new web-based forums. For Windows 7, please see: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 BoazBoaz wrote: > microsoft.public.windowsxp.general > > Is for XP > > microsoft.public.windows.vista.general > > Is for Vista > > Which Group us is for 7 On 8/1/2010 1:56 AM, BoazBoaz wrote: > microsoft.public.windowsxp.general > >...

Display in groups
Hello We are recently changed to outlook 2003 for our default mail program. This newer version always displays mail in groups. (Today, previous week, previous month, etc.) If you don't want that you can disable this option in the menu view, but if we disable this option and restart outlook it is displayed in groups again. Does anybody has an idea how to defently set this option disabled? Maybe a setting in the registry? Kind regards Erwin See the answer to one of your posts in other newsgroups. Do NOT multipost! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of...

grouping in Excel Pivot table
currently i am using pivot table to calculate the grand total for ageing day in my report. The ageing day are 1, 2, 3 to 6 days and > 6 days that i want to group together. In pivot table, it can only able to calculate the grand total like total ageing for 1 day, 2 days, 3 days.... and go on. Is there any way that pivot table will do what i want or you guys can suggest any other method? I am aware of group function in pivot table but it cannot suit my needs. Thanks Lim Heng Sin All sorts of data can be analysed by adding another column to the base data and using the new field in ...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Adding alternate columns

Budgeting Options for Great Plains Standard
Is anyone aware of a solution for budgeting for users of GP Standard? I was told that it is not possible to purchase the budgeting or Excel Budgeting options for the Standard version. I am almost positive that Excel Based Budgeting is available in GP Standard..... I don't have an install to check on right now, but you can go to Cards > Financial > Budgets and check for yourself. -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "ryans" <ryans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D53BD67-41F7-406B-B44C-751EA82AF9EC@microsoft.com... > Is anyone aware of a solution for...

Adding fields from a different query

cell count of 'grouped' cells
Apologies if this is a 'dumb' question! I am receiving data that is layed out in groups. When I try to 'countif' with some of the group not showing, I still get a full row count, including those rows not showing. Basically, I receive attendance stats with every days attendance detailed, grouped into the weekly attendance per person. As I need the number of people, I am trying to count just those (the second group/layer), but when I try the countif(data,"*"), it counts all of the rows, including the sub rows giving the daily info. Please can someone help/explain w...

Adding Terms & Conditions to the Quote Form
We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is approximately 4-5 pages long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of text to a GP form? Thank you in advance. Scott No can do Scott - Report Writer is just not capable of this. The best solution is to purchase Accountable Software's Forms Printer - www.accountable.com. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East...

Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade. On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money away within an account. TIA greg.block@gmail.com wrote: >Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug >where the payees in my downlo...

AD Monitoring
Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and need this information to take a decision on the product to use Hello Sameer, For performance start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961943.aspx Also see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727046.aspx Use the included links from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739728(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

How do I get the word Group off my title bar?
Somehow I got the word Group on my title bar in excel, but I do not know how I did it or how to get rid of it. Hi Jennifer, Be very careful what you do with grouped sheets because anything you do to one sheet will be done to all sheets. right click on a sheet tab, ungroup sheets. You might want to save your file as a new file File, save as and compare what you have with what you had. Because you have probably seriously damaged your workbook if you made changes. -- --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcri...

Adding Collapse/Expand to Publisher 2003 items
Hi I'm trying to enter a text box which may be expanded/Collapsed as follows: > More Info... > Next Item... > More Info... When you want bla bla bla, do bla bla bla, > Next Item... Can anyone tell me how to implement it?! Thank you 'bla bla bla' is the sound of geckos mating - so the naturalists tell me. No, you cannot do what you want. Your answer is rude & arrogant. I don't know why would anyone put you in a position to Accept calls for help. Besides - I don't believe it can't be done. Please don't call again "*...

adding lines to added data
I have added data to an existing worksheet but when printed the row lines and column border lines do not show. How do I add the lines to the added border to match the existing lines? ...