adding a new record to a table from a form (works in edit mode)

I have a form which shows select field from a table (showing all rows of
data), and have 2 buttons , one to edit, one to add.
The edit button works perfectly

DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_TRA_EditRoute", , , "[anRouteID]=" & Me.Text62.Value,
acFormEdit, , True

the add button does not.

DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_TRA_EditRoute", , , , acFormAdd

in edit mode, the form loads up with all of the details (the autonumber
correct, the combo boxes drawing in the correct data), however in add mode
the autonumber box is just blank (doesn't say "(Autonumber)" like it does on
the other forms when i add), and the combo boxes aren't pulling the data

Am I going about this from the wrong angle? should I be using "addrecord" or
code to that effect?

NB: the form's source is the table.

Any help on this would be great, as I have check my other forms and cannot
see what i have done differently.

OTWarrior

Please do not double post on the forum! You've done so twice in 69 minutes!
It potentially wastes the time of the very people you're asking for help, as
they have no way of knowing what's been suggested to you and whether or not
the suggestions helped!

Answers/posts based on Access 2000

missinglinq
5/23/2007 11:11:33 AM
Ok I did not post on here twice, somehow the accessmonster forum also put it
on here. Even if I did it myself by accident (which I have no way of knowing
how the two sites can crossover so badly) I did not do it intetionally, and
it was only the once, I did not double post twice in "69 minutes".

I often post on 2 separate forums so I can make get different answers/a
faster response, which  I didnt know was a wrong thing to do on the maxpanse
on the web.

Plus, The first one is on micrsoft, the second says "Via Accessmonster".
Doesn't really look like a normal double posting right?

rather than have a go at me for "making an error" perhaps you could actually
assist me?

"missinglinq via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Please do not double post on the forum! You've done so twice in 69 minutes!
> It potentially wastes the time of the very people you're asking for help, as
> they have no way of knowing what's been suggested to you and whether or not
> the suggestions helped!
>
> --
> There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
>
> Answers/posts based on Access 2000

Besides, I have looked and there quite a few double posts by other people
also (which you haven't told them off for i might add) ...perhaps it is a
problem with the forum maybe ?

OTWarrior wrote:
>Ok I did not post on here twice, somehow the accessmonster forum also put it
>on here. Even if I did it myself by accident (which I have no way of knowing
>how the two sites can crossover so badly) I did not do it intetionally, and
>it was only the once, I did not double post twice in "69 minutes".
>
>I often post on 2 separate forums so I can make get different answers/a
>faster response, which  I didnt know was a wrong thing to do on the maxpanse
>on the web.
>
>Plus, The first one is on micrsoft, the second says "Via Accessmonster".
>Doesn't really look like a normal double posting right?
>
>rather than have a go at me for "making an error" perhaps you could actually
>assist me?
>
>> Please do not double post on the forum! You've done so twice in 69 minutes!
>> It potentially wastes the time of the very people you're asking for help, as
>> they have no way of knowing what's been suggested to you and whether or not
>> the suggestions helped!

OTWarrior

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Rebooting cycle that is endless and any safe mode is unavailable..
hi and thanks for your help. after runniong malwarebytes and not finding any malware, i shut down for the evening. the next morning, i restarted only to end up with a generic host 32 window pop up. but by desktop came up and all looked fine. i clicked on a folder and a word doc appeared, but then everything froze. after some time it was apparent that nothing was going to happen, so i shut down. since then the system has been in a constant cycle of rebooting. i have also made mulitiple attempts to get into any safe mode option, but the computer still reboots. i have learned that ...

Reports only Show 10 Records
I notice that when you run a lot of the reports (eg Account Overview) there is only a maximum of ten records returned. This appears to be hardcoded as the report also states the fact in the footer. Any way around this? If the filter used on the report actually referred to, for instance, 25 Accounts how would you get all 25 reports? Maybe I am missing something. Thanks Cozy export that report to its rdl file and take a look through the reports source code which might tell you. Also make sure you also export any of its sub reports. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsof...

no sound for new mail in inbox
i have same problems about sound. 1. does that mean i have to leave outlook open for 5 minutes or longer to hear a sound for new mail in the inbox? 2, do i have to create a rule to play a sound for items going into personal folders?and how do you do that? 1. Please quote the post to which you are referring - no one here has any idea what the original question/answer entailed. 2. Post your version of Outlook. 3. Use rules and alerts. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: h...

Bootstrapper has stopped working
Hello, I recently purchased a laptop with Windows Vista. I bought a licensed copy of MS Office 2007 Prof and am having a heck of time installing it- 10 days and still no installation! Last night I reset everything to Factory default, removed all trial versions, inserted my disk into the DVD RW and after a LONG wait and locking up the whole system received a message "Bootstrapper has stopped working". Found this possible fix on MS http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975735 , but got an "Error 40" when trying to install the fix! Any ideas? Have read elsewhere...

ADDING A NUMBER

money 2000 delux trial edition
i cant get checks to print. i followed instruction but it says step 5 under to do click print checks. but there no such animal there in my left pane. any ideas or possible solutions. thanks ...

adding new records

When adding attachments...

New Entry Point for a DLL
Hey all. I have a problem with a DLL written in VC++ 6.00. There are 5 existing entry points, and I'm trying to create a new one. I've copied the syntax of the existing code - I have a method that looks like this: double WINAPI getElapsedSecs() { return elapsedSecs; } and a declaration that sits with the other declaration and looks like this: extern "C" double WINAPI getElapsedSecs(); I rebuild the DLL, and everything seems to have compiled ok. However, when the .NET parent program tries to call this entry point, I get an EntryPointNotFoundException....

Inbox doesn't show new emails in Outlook 2007
When I am looking in the Inbox and new emails arrive they don't appear although the number of unread emails in the Inbox increases. I have to select another folder and then return to the Inbox to see the new emails. -- Peter Saxton from London peter@petersaxton.co.uk What kind of email account? Do you have any anti-virus Outlook plugin disabled, especially AVG's? Patrick Schmid -------------- http://pschmid.net "peter@petersaxton.co.uk" <peter@petersaxton.co.uk> wrote in message news:f9vb82hg7m14to2ep3pr3qkh761bbo0k3d@4ax.com: > When I am looking in the Inbo...

Error when add New User #2
Hi, dont know when it happened. When I add new user to production MSCRM 4, there is an error message (An error Has occurred.....). However, when I try to add this user to my test CRM, it can successfully add without any problem. Both servers are running the same spec and version. I tried to add different users to production but all failed. I have set the deverror to ON but the error message still appear as An error has occurs. Apart from that, I have used CRM diagostic Tool but cannot see anything unusual from the log. I have even run the repair but effort is all wasted. Please He...

Add new field to grid
I have added the Customer Ship to Address to the RM Customer Inquiry grid. I need to create VBA code to populate this field. In a grid window, where do I open the data base and at what point do I read the table to populate this field. Thank you Amy Hi Amy Using the Window_AfterOpen event, you will need to use RetrieveGlobals to obtain the login credentials, then ADO to open a connection to the SQL server. You close the connection on the Window_AfterClose event. Then on the Before_LinePopulate event on the Grid form, you perform the actual SQL query. I have an example you can have ...

Excel Document password protected can no longer edit

How to send alert to mobile device when new mail arrives?
Gurus, I have a user who is member of a mail-enabled distribution group. She would like to recieve an alert or notification on her mobile whenever mail is recieved through this group address. How can I accomplish this? I'm using Exchange 2003 SP2 on Server2003. Thanks, -Michael On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 16:18:02 -0700, Holo20 <Holo20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Gurus, > >I have a user who is member of a mail-enabled distribution group. She would >like to recieve an alert or notification on her mobile whenever mail is >recieved through this group address. How ...

CSV truncates after 15th record
xl2k on w2kpro Have a CSV file used for a mail merge which has two records on it (the 1st being a header). There are 46 fields (columns) with the last 5 fields being null. Making a test file, want 25 records (plus the header). If I select the 2nd record (data) and drag the fill handle down (while holding Ctrl to stop any incrementing) to make the 24 records I want, it only will fill the null fields (with comma delimiters) for the 1st 14 copied records. Looking at it with a viewer ("V") the null fields are truncated (CrLf) starting on the 17th record. I can figure out how to create...

create a new worksheet when a cell has a date entered
I am trying to create a new worksheet when a cell has a date entered into it For instant in Worksheet 1 you type into cell B11 a date I would like to automaticly create a new worksheet and call it that date entered to B11 Then if I type a Date into cell B12 a new worksheet would be created and named the date entered into B12 and so on Is this out of the question See response in your other post. "Zane" wrote: > I am trying to create a new worksheet when a cell has a date entered > into it > > For instant in Worksheet 1 you type into cell B11 a date > I would l...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

grouping in Excel Pivot table
currently i am using pivot table to calculate the grand total for ageing day in my report. The ageing day are 1, 2, 3 to 6 days and > 6 days that i want to group together. In pivot table, it can only able to calculate the grand total like total ageing for 1 day, 2 days, 3 days.... and go on. Is there any way that pivot table will do what i want or you guys can suggest any other method? I am aware of group function in pivot table but it cannot suit my needs. Thanks Lim Heng Sin All sorts of data can be analysed by adding another column to the base data and using the new field in ...

Sort function not working correct
I have three columns to my spread sheet. I need each row to maintain it's data as it relates to each other. So I need to have column B and C to follow the information in A, when I sort by A, in each row. The problem I am encountering is that column B and C are changing values. B is a Year and C is a Number. When I sort...2009 might change to a 2010....and the # 9008 might change to 9118, or 1008. I highlight all 3 columns and all the rows and hit the sort by column A. It is unusual. I don't if there is something else I should be doing? Please help! Thank you :) Wh...

Adding alternate columns