I have a Table called ServiceTypes. Based on a User's input on a
ProposalForm, ServiceTypes need to be added to a ProposalServicesTable.

For instance, I have a Check Box on the ProposalForm. When a Check Box is
clicked Yes, Access must search the ServiceTypes Table, select a specific
ServiceTypeID, and add the ServiceType to the ProposalServicesTable.

How can I add the proper Service record from the ServiceTable to the
ProposalServicesTable based on the Check Box?

I wouldn't do it that way. I'd use a listbox (with multi-select set to YES)
that was sourced to the ServiceTable. I'd allow the user to select as many as
he wanted, then build a string to populate the ProposedService table. I'd
probably just use the codes associated with the service name(s), and build
the list of services at report-time.

"Jazflux" wrote:

> I have a Table called ServiceTypes. Based on a User's input on a
> ProposalForm, ServiceTypes need to be added to a ProposalServicesTable.
>
> For instance, I have a Check Box on the ProposalForm. When a Check Box is
> clicked Yes, Access must search the ServiceTypes Table, select a specific
> ServiceTypeID, and add the ServiceType to the ProposalServicesTable.
>
> How can I add the proper Service record from the ServiceTable to the
> ProposalServicesTable based on the Check Box?

The problem with your suggestion (unless I am missing something) is that the
User doesn't know what service he needs (they are technical in nature). I am
trying to use a standard english questionnaire to enable a technical services
selection from a table....I appreciate your response.

"Dennis" wrote:

> I wouldn't do it that way. I'd use a listbox (with multi-select set to YES)
> that was sourced to the ServiceTable. I'd allow the user to select as many as
> he wanted, then build a string to populate the ProposedService table. I'd
> probably just use the codes associated with the service name(s), and build
> the list of services at report-time.
>
> "Jazflux" wrote:
>
> > I have a Table called ServiceTypes. Based on a User's input on a
> > ProposalForm, ServiceTypes need to be added to a ProposalServicesTable.
> >
> > For instance, I have a Check Box on the ProposalForm. When a Check Box is
> > clicked Yes, Access must search the ServiceTypes Table, select a specific
> > ServiceTypeID, and add the ServiceType to the ProposalServicesTable.
> >
> > How can I add the proper Service record from the ServiceTable to the
> > ProposalServicesTable based on the Check Box?

So if I understand you, you have extended text at each checkbox (or ToolTips
enabled) to assist the user in determining which service(e) he needs?
Assuming that's true, I'd still build the responses into a single field in a
table.

For example, I recently did a Security Incident database. In that, one of
the tables was dedicated to "Suspect". Part of the suspect table was "HAIR".
Well, there are lots of things associated with hair: Long, Short, Brown,
Blonde,Grey (etc), Facial-beard, Facial-moustache and the like. So I built a
string based on the checkboxes that might look like this:

Short;Grey;Moustache

Then I placed that string into a single field in the Suspect table. In the
report, I broke the string out into its component parts for ease-of-reading.

That make sense?

"Jazflux" wrote:

> The problem with your suggestion (unless I am missing something) is that the
> User doesn't know what service he needs (they are technical in nature). I am
> trying to use a standard english questionnaire to enable a technical services
> selection from a table....I appreciate your response.
>
> "Dennis" wrote:
>
> > I wouldn't do it that way. I'd use a listbox (with multi-select set to YES)
> > that was sourced to the ServiceTable. I'd allow the user to select as many as
> > he wanted, then build a string to populate the ProposedService table. I'd
> > probably just use the codes associated with the service name(s), and build
> > the list of services at report-time.
> >
> > "Jazflux" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a Table called ServiceTypes. Based on a User's input on a
> > > ProposalForm, ServiceTypes need to be added to a ProposalServicesTable.
> > >
> > > For instance, I have a Check Box on the ProposalForm. When a Check Box is
> > > clicked Yes, Access must search the ServiceTypes Table, select a specific
> > > ServiceTypeID, and add the ServiceType to the ProposalServicesTable.
> > >
> > > How can I add the proper Service record from the ServiceTable to the
> > > ProposalServicesTable based on the Check Box?

Thanks Dennis, I will see if I can implement your suggestion in my context. I
appreciate it.

"Dennis" wrote:

> So if I understand you, you have extended text at each checkbox (or ToolTips
> enabled) to assist the user in determining which service(e) he needs?
> Assuming that's true, I'd still build the responses into a single field in a
> table.
>
> For example, I recently did a Security Incident database. In that, one of
> the tables was dedicated to "Suspect". Part of the suspect table was "HAIR".
> Well, there are lots of things associated with hair: Long, Short, Brown,
> Blonde,Grey (etc), Facial-beard, Facial-moustache and the like. So I built a
> string based on the checkboxes that might look like this:
>
> Short;Grey;Moustache
>
> Then I placed that string into a single field in the Suspect table. In the
> report, I broke the string out into its component parts for ease-of-reading.
>
> That make sense?
>
> "Jazflux" wrote:
>
> > The problem with your suggestion (unless I am missing something) is that the
> > User doesn't know what service he needs (they are technical in nature). I am
> > trying to use a standard english questionnaire to enable a technical services
> > selection from a table....I appreciate your response.
> >
> > "Dennis" wrote:
> >
> > > I wouldn't do it that way. I'd use a listbox (with multi-select set to YES)
> > > that was sourced to the ServiceTable. I'd allow the user to select as many as
> > > he wanted, then build a string to populate the ProposedService table. I'd
> > > probably just use the codes associated with the service name(s), and build
> > > the list of services at report-time.

count records in a date range
I have a worksheet in which I am trying to count the number of records in a date range. For example, the Submit_Date column contains the following dates/times (cells a1:a5): 12/17/2005 12:00:54 PM 12/16/2005 1:00:54 PM 12/17/2005 9:00:13 PM 12/10/2005 7:54:16 AM 12/17/2005 10:04:11 AM I would like to count the number of records with a Submit_Date between 12/1/2005 12:00:00 PM and 12/31/2005 11:59:59 PM. Any suggestions? -- Jim -- Jim You can use SUMPRODUCT =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100>=B1)*(A1:A100<=B2)) A1:A100 ....date range B1 start date B2 end date HTH JG "jiml"...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

table lookup
My head hurts from trying to figure out how to do this. I want to specify a row title in which to find the closest number specified. For example, if my row titles are W,X,Y,Z....maybe I would specify 5.5 in row X. The value returned should be 6. W 3 5 7 X 2 4.5 6 Y 1 1.5 3 Z 0 1 2.5 Thanks, Assuming your data in A1:D4 =MIN(IF((A1:A4="x")*(B1:D4>=5.5),B1:D4)) ctrl+shift+enter, not just enter "engineer" wrote: > My head hurts from trying to figure out how to do this. I want to specify a > row title in which to find the closest n...

Record Deleted
I am attempting to write a simple query and when I choose the information in ascending order I am receiving an error message that states a record has been deleted and will not provide the report. I'm finding that I'm receiving this message on several already created queries. How can I correct this without losing information? The only change has been the relocation of the file to another folder. Are you talking about the main .mdb file that's been moved? Is the database split? If so, have you relinked the tables after moving the file? Do you have full permissions to the fol...

Problems on Web based interface .
problem 1: I want to combine html help into my win32 program interface, and in my html help, i have some files links waiting for users click and then the my program would evoke an open operation such as open, trasfer, deleting and so on. How to solve this problem ? somebody told me to write ActiveX embeded control and register them to the system . Is there any better way to do that ? visual studio.net were an example for partial web based interface. problem 2: Do i need to pack my html files into my program, and extract them when my program launched ? Thus such web based interface scure ?, I...

Excel Add Ins

Manipulating Pivot Table
I have created a pivot table that gives me the occurances of a specific number in a list, or the "count" of that number. What I need is that "count" divided by 4 to be the result in the pivot table. So, if the number 562 is in the list 8 times I want the result to show "count" of 562 is 2 (not 8) Any Ideas Thank Brandt ...

Add on

Check that security patch
--iqqmshpmnnvcul Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ytnyqgoicxinser"; type="multipart/alternative" --ytnyqgoicxinser Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="qaxoeukyuw" --qaxoeukyuw Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from ...

Check for doubled-up figures
How can I run a check on a column of figures to make sure that I haven' doubled-up any of them? In other words, each number is only allowed t be entered once, so if any of them appear more than once, I want to b notified at the bottom. Jonatha -- Joniben ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Jonibenj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1704 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46906 Put this formula next to the numbers =COUNTIF(A:A, A2)=1 assuming your data is in column A, and...

Forcing borders of all columns when records less than max
Is there a way to force the 28 fields borders if there are less than 28 fields (28 columns is forced but borders do not show up when less than 28 records)? Can you explain what you are attempting to do? It isn't clear whether you mean 28 fields or 28 records or both. You can use the Line method to draw rectangles anywhere in your report. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Michael" wrote: > Is there a way to force the 28 fields borders if there are less than 28 > fields (28 columns is forced but borders do not show up when less than 28 > records)? > ...

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

pivot table #21
I have a question on Excel. When I update a pivot table, I used to be able to hold down the shift and ctrl keys and highlight the area, but lately I found that I cannot use this short cut method. Is there another short cut method? Thanks for your help. In step two of the Pivot Wizard, you should be able to select a starting cell on the worksheet, then hold the Shift key, and tap the End key, then the Down or Right arrow key, to select a range of cells. Or, base the pivot table on a dynamic range, which will expand automatically as new records are added. There are instructions here:...

add a DC in a LegSite

excel add-ons

Failed Resolution on SPECIFIC destination Hosts
I am running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a Compaq Server with NT 4.0 SP 6a. Here is the situation: Whenever a message is generated to a destination host that has registered its MX record as a domain name it remains in the IMS queue with an error of "Host unreachable" until the timeout period at which point it is returned to sender. If the MX record was registered as an IP address then there is no problem with the mail being routed. Here is what I believe to be happening (although I am not COMPLETELY sure and invite any suggestions): 1. From a command prompt I run nslookup -q=mx netcomso...

Map Add-On?

how to count specific values only not total count
I am using Access 2000 - I have one column of numbers (probably 1000 numbers in total) ranging from 1 to 9 - Does anyone know how I can count the times that each specific number appears - for instance - count the total number of ones, count the total number of two's, three's, four's etc. I have tried this in a query and have not yet been successful - does it need to go only in a report? Thank you very much - Steven On Dec 8, 9:14=A0pm, steven <ste...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using Access 2000 - I have one column of numbers (probably 1000 nu...