Access read the selected value of a Combobox in Excel

I have a standard document that is filled out by users in Excel, and am
having difficulty getting Access to read the selected value of a combobox in
the Excel sheet, and populate a textbox on an Access form.  Any ideas on how
to code this, I'm all out.  Thanks!

Price Comparison Macro
I have a workbook with four sheets in it. On each of the first three sheets, located in cells F33:F52 and N33:N52 are unit prices. The fourth sheet is blank. I would like to know if (and how) a macro can be created that would look at the unit price in cell F33 of Sheet 1, then compare it to the unit price in F33 of Sheet 2 and F33 of Sheet three, decide which is the lowest, and place it in the cell F33 of sheet 4. Then, look at the next cell (F34) and do the same thing, etc. I am an absolute novie with VBA, but really need this. It would make my life so much easier. Thanks. Gosh...

remove from drowdown when selected
I have a form with a sub form. Main form link to sub is based on the project number id. The sub form has a dropdown of project risks. The user adds as many risks to the sub form as applies to the project. When the user chooses a risk from the drop down, I do not want it to no longer show in the list. When a different project is chosen in the main form, the sub form shows the risk that were selected pertaining to that project, and the dropdown only displays the risks that have not been chosen for that project. When a new project is entered, all risks are in the dropdown. By showing o...

excel template #9
I want to make excel template (like invoice.xlt, village software.xlt, expenses.xlt etc. which are readymade in Excel). Is there any website which will help me learn with easy steps to prepare template files? Pl. guide. -- Knowldege is Power Maybe you can glean some stuff from J.E. McGimpsey: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html Ajit Munj wrote: > > I want to make excel template (like invoice.xlt, village software.xlt, > expenses.xlt > etc. which are readymade in Excel). Is there any website which will help > me learn with easy steps to prepare template...

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

M06 Question
How can I show the value of an account as of a particular date? I'm in Account List | {account name} | Show Transactions From All Dates I see the amount of each transaction, and the balance of the account for today. I'd like to see what the value was on a particular date. Having a running total visible in the register would get me this, but the ability to change column sizes or to choose columns isn't available. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Erik Sojka wrote: >How can I show the value of an account as of a particular date? > >I'm in Accoun...

Formatting/style master in Excel XP
Good afternoon, Can anyone tell me if there is a way to set up a master sheet (like the 'slide master' in PowerPoint) with formatting that would carry through to all the sheets within a workbook (ie: column fill, text formatting)? Thanks, Cheryl Cheryl, I don't know about Powerpoint, but in Excel you can group worksheets by Ctrl-clicking the sheet tabs. Then just about everything you do - formatting, entering data etc, - will be reflected on all grouped sheets. Don't forget to ungroup when you're done. See Excel Help for more help. HTH Anders Silv�n "Cheryl&q...

Detect if Excel file is "read only"???
If I open an Excel file which someone is currently using, Excel will display a caption in the title bar that says "read only". Excel is probably telling me that the file is read only because another user currently is using the file. My question is, does Excel have a function (or can I create my own) which returns TRUE if the file is "read only" or FALSE otherwise??? I'm mostly interested in a function that returns TRUE if Excel displays the "read only" caption due to the file's state of being in use. thank you if activeworkbook.ReadOnl...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel should have an open/close high/low chart for stock market u.
We're trying to develop a chart that would compare the price of grain traded on the Chicago Board of Trade (cbot) to our average price reported in Iowa. It would require four data points for the cbot info - open/close & high/low - and one for the comparator, in this case the average price for our state. We would like to see this chart added to Excel, but even if it is not added, we welcome any suggestions or recommendations of charting software compatible with Excel. Oh, by the way, we're using Excel 2003. Hi, Jon Peltier has a few stock (ochl) chart variations, check his...

Excel Row to Access Columns

HELP: VBScript to detect error messages in excel VBA
I wish to use vbscript to automate macros running over many workbooks. I will allow a number to run at any given time, therefore i need to use vbscript to detect if a macro has ended. This is not posing an issue. The issue I foresee is if the macro being run in the excel book decides to error (maybe because an SQL server is down, or any reason really)... I need the ability to have vbscript work out that the runtime error has occurred in the excel workbook, kill the application, then re-launch the workbook to allow the maco a second run. Essentially, how will i use vbscript to...

Excel, ODBC and creating queries
Does anyone know of a way to create a query based on values or formula in a spreadsheeet? Thanks in advance, J -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com From reading between the lines of your post, I am guessing that you have an Access Database with which you want to create a query based on a spreadsheet. If this is the case, you will need to open your database and in the tables section of your databse , right mouse click in the area showing your table names, and select "Link Tables" from the menu. Once you have followed the rest of the steps in the link wizard, a...

Access

Read Receipt Rule w/Numbers in Subject Line
Read Receipt Rule w/Numbers in Subject Line I have tried every way I know to get around this problem to no avail. Below is a sample of the read receipts I need to filter to only my read receipt folder. Keep in mind, the number for each receipt will be a higher number, like 1570, 1571, etc. Read: iCare (v3.0.33) iComment ID 1569 Confirmation I have the following rules in place. Read: iCare (v3.033) iComment ID in subject line move it to the Read Receipts folder Read: in the subject line move it to the Read Receipts folder iCare (v3.0.33) Confirmation move it to the iComments folder except i...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

access mail on WEB

Need help in Excel 2007
I have a sorted data of 450 learners with name and percentage. Columns are Name Percentage Result Mac 86 Pass Richard 67 Fail Jack 91 Fail ...... I need a seperate list of TOP 5 LEARNERS with name columns. I have tried Pivote table and Large function but it dont work as I can filter on numeric values (as top 10) but i need top 5 and that too top 5 names alone. NOTE:Topper Name List should not contain Fail students even if they have top marks. Please help asap. Regards Vikram MikeH gave help here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/communi...

excel error message #7
When I attempt to a particular Excel file I receive the error message "too many different cell formats" and the workbook will not open. What can I do to get around this and get the workbook open? Hope someone can help. Thanks Hi Bobby! Here's an extract from a post by Tom Ogilvy. Extract>> Leo Heuser has done some work in this area which you might be able to adapt: http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=uLxSfPmWDHA.2040%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213904&Product=xlw XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Form...

Outlook 2007 very slow
When I start Outlook 2007, it takes a long time to start. Once it has started, there are multiple Archive selections in the File Menu. What is causing this and how do I stop it from happening? I have tried Menu Bar Reset without any joy. Here is my Jing Screenshot of the File Menu. http://screencast.com/t/YjA4NWMzNj It takes about 15 seconds of holding my cursor at the bottom of the File Menu to scroll to the bottom of the Archives. Here is a Jing Screenshot of the bottom of the File Menu http://screencast.com/t/OWQwMDEyNjk I have tried disabling all of the Add-Ins, one by ...

Reading contents CHttpFile file starting from the end of file.
I have a CHttpFile which contains records per day. The records in the file are ordered date descending. I need to have my records with date ascending. So, if I read the file starting with last record back up to first record I'll get my data sorted correctly. There is a huge amount of data, that's why I want to read the data in the correct order instead of reading it, placing in memory and then sorting. I'm using CHttpFile.ReadString to read the contents right now but it read from the top. Is there any way for me search through the contents of the file of a '\n' ...

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

Excel Question 11-12-09
Can someone help a newB about how to copy a cell (which contains a count formula) to another worksheet. I need it to just copy the # so it can go into a worksheet that is totaling order #'s? 1) Copy the cell with the formula in it showing the value you want 2) Switch to the other sheet and select the target cell (do not press ENTER on it) 3) Click on EDIT > PASTE SPECIAL > Values That should paste in just the value of the formula, not the formula itself. Does that help? -- "Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB (www.MadRocketScientist.com) Your...