Access 2007 vs Access 2003

I have installed in my computer Access 2007 and Access 2003.
I I open access 2003 and I close and the I open Access 2007 always shaws the
message... Please configuring Microsoft Office Access 2007.
I I open the second time, this message doen't appear.
Now if I open access 2003 the message for configuring Micosoft Office 2003
shows.

Questions:
1. Is it possible programmatically avoid these messages?
2. If I deploy an application in access 2007 and if in the computer there is
access 2003, always the message about configurition will be show? By another
words, is it  possible co-exits boths versions?

Thanks
jcp

You've discovered a relatively major issue with the new version of Access.

There's currently no way to avoid the issue. I've heard rumours that it will
be improved in the first service pack for Office 2007, but I don't know when
that will be.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Jose Perdigao" <JosePerdigao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have installed in my computer Access 2007 and Access 2003.
> I I open access 2003 and I close and the I open Access 2007 always shaws
> the
> message... Please configuring Microsoft Office Access 2007.
> I I open the second time, this message doen't appear.
> Now if I open access 2003 the message for configuring Micosoft Office 2003
> shows.
>
> Questions:
> 1. Is it possible programmatically avoid these messages?
> 2. If I deploy an application in access 2007 and if in the computer there
> is
> access 2003, always the message about configurition will be show? By
> another
> words, is it  possible co-exits boths versions?
>

> Thanks
> jcp

0
Douglas
6/25/2007 12:42:21 PM
in general; it has always been buggy to have 2 versions on one machine

why would you do something like this?

> You've discovered a relatively major issue with the new version of Access.
>
> There's currently no way to avoid the issue. I've heard rumours that it
> will be improved in the first service pack for Office 2007, but I don't
> know when that will be.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Jose Perdigao" <JosePerdigao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have installed in my computer Access 2007 and Access 2003.
>> I I open access 2003 and I close and the I open Access 2007 always shaws
>> the
>> message... Please configuring Microsoft Office Access 2007.
>> I I open the second time, this message doen't appear.
>> Now if I open access 2003 the message for configuring Micosoft Office
>> 2003
>> shows.
>>
>> Questions:
>> 1. Is it possible programmatically avoid these messages?
>> 2. If I deploy an application in access 2007 and if in the computer there
>> is
>> access 2003, always the message about configurition will be show? By
>> another
>> words, is it  possible co-exits boths versions?
>>

>> Thanks
>> jcp

0
Tom
6/25/2007 1:24:05 PM
> why would you do something like this?

Developing for different customer environments?

I was wondering, would you have this problem if you created different user
profiles on your computer, and installed Office using those profiles?

Would the registry settings relate to the profile instead of "all users"?

Dale

--
Email address is not valid.
Please reply to newsgroup only.

"Tom Wickernards" wrote:

> in general; it has always been buggy to have 2 versions on one machine
>
> why would you do something like this?
>

> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in message
> > You've discovered a relatively major issue with the new version of Access.
> >
> > There's currently no way to avoid the issue. I've heard rumours that it
> > will be improved in the first service pack for Office 2007, but I don't
> > know when that will be.
> >
> > --
> > Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> > http://I.Am/DougSteele
> > (no e-mails, please!)
> >

> > "Jose Perdigao" <JosePerdigao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>I have installed in my computer Access 2007 and Access 2003.
> >> I I open access 2003 and I close and the I open Access 2007 always shaws
> >> the
> >> message... Please configuring Microsoft Office Access 2007.
> >> I I open the second time, this message doen't appear.
> >> Now if I open access 2003 the message for configuring Micosoft Office
> >> 2003
> >> shows.
> >>
> >> Questions:
> >> 1. Is it possible programmatically avoid these messages?
> >> 2. If I deploy an application in access 2007 and if in the computer there
> >> is
> >> access 2003, always the message about configurition will be show? By
> >> another
> >> words, is it  possible co-exits boths versions?
> >>

> >> Thanks
> >> jcp

Don't know if it will work properly with Office 2003/2007 but SVS from
Altiris might be your ticket for this kind of task:
http://juice.altiris.com/node/86  (free for personal use)

Another solution would be to use a virtual machine (VPC 2007 or VMWare) but
none of these solutions - including SVS - will solve the problem of
distributing the application to a client.

--
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Technologies Virtual-PC

"Dale Fye" <dale.fye@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> why would you do something like this?
>
> Developing for different customer environments?
>
> I was wondering, would you have this problem if you created different user
> profiles on your computer, and installed Office using those profiles?
>
> Would the registry settings relate to the profile instead of "all users"?
>
> Dale
>

> --
> Email address is not valid.
> Please reply to newsgroup only.
>

> "Tom Wickernards" wrote:
>
>> in general; it has always been buggy to have 2 versions on one machine
>>
>> why would you do something like this?
>>

>> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in message
>> > You've discovered a relatively major issue with the new version of
>> > Access.
>> >
>> > There's currently no way to avoid the issue. I've heard rumours that it
>> > will be improved in the first service pack for Office 2007, but I don't
>> > know when that will be.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> > http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> > (no e-mails, please!)
>> >

>> > "Jose Perdigao" <JosePerdigao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> > message

0
Sylvain
6/25/2007 3:42:04 PM
it means I can not build an application for my client?
If I install an application with this issue, the users kill me.
Every times if previous access 2003 was open, after to open acc 2007, the
configuration spend about one minute.

What can i do?

Thanks

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> You've discovered a relatively major issue with the new version of Access.
>
> There's currently no way to avoid the issue. I've heard rumours that it will
> be improved in the first service pack for Office 2007, but I don't know when
> that will be.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Jose Perdigao" <JosePerdigao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have installed in my computer Access 2007 and Access 2003.
> > I I open access 2003 and I close and the I open Access 2007 always shaws
> > the
> > message... Please configuring Microsoft Office Access 2007.
> > I I open the second time, this message doen't appear.
> > Now if I open access 2003 the message for configuring Micosoft Office 2003
> > shows.
> >
> > Questions:
> > 1. Is it possible programmatically avoid these messages?
> > 2. If I deploy an application in access 2007 and if in the computer there
> > is
> > access 2003, always the message about configurition will be show? By
> > another
> > words, is it  possible co-exits boths versions?
> >

> > Thanks
> > jcp

I must install the both versions because this is the situation that I will
find in the computers of my clients.

Normally, they have installed office professional 2003. It means if i
install a package build in access 2007 and for differnt reasons, a user opens
access 2003, later when he will open my application, he hill see the message
configuring access 2007.
This is not friendly for the users.

"Sylvain Lafontaine" wrote:

> Don't know if it will work properly with Office 2003/2007 but SVS from
> Altiris might be your ticket for this kind of task:
> http://juice.altiris.com/node/86  (free for personal use)
>
> Another solution would be to use a virtual machine (VPC 2007 or VMWare) but
> none of these solutions - including SVS - will solve the problem of
> distributing the application to a client.
>
> --
> Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
> MVP - Technologies Virtual-PC
> E-mail: sylvain aei ca (fill the blanks, no spam please)
>

> "Dale Fye" <dale.fye@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >> why would you do something like this?
> >
> > Developing for different customer environments?
> >
> > I was wondering, would you have this problem if you created different user
> > profiles on your computer, and installed Office using those profiles?
> >
> > Would the registry settings relate to the profile instead of "all users"?
> >
> > Dale
> >

> > --
> > Email address is not valid.
> > Please reply to newsgroup only.
> >

> > "Tom Wickernards" wrote:
> >
> >> in general; it has always been buggy to have 2 versions on one machine
> >>
> >> why would you do something like this?
> >>

> >> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in message

Well, you could consider using Virtual PC or VMWare, but that would require
that you have an additional license for Windows.

Other than that, there's currently nothing you can do.

--

> it means I can not build an application for my client?
> If I install an application with this issue, the users kill me.
> Every times if previous access 2003 was open, after to open acc 2007, the
> configuration spend about one minute.
>
> What can i do?
>
> Thanks
>

> "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
>
>> You've discovered a relatively major issue with the new version of
>> Access.
>>
>> There's currently no way to avoid the issue. I've heard rumours that it
>> will
>> be improved in the first service pack for Office 2007, but I don't know
>> when
>> that will be.
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no e-mails, please!)
>>

>> "Jose Perdigao" <JosePerdigao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have installed in my computer Access 2007 and Access 2003.
>> > I I open access 2003 and I close and the I open Access 2007 always
>> > shaws
>> > the
>> > message... Please configuring Microsoft Office Access 2007.
>> > I I open the second time, this message doen't appear.
>> > Now if I open access 2003 the message for configuring Micosoft Office
>> > 2003
>> > shows.
>> >
>> > Questions:
>> > 1. Is it possible programmatically avoid these messages?
>> > 2. If I deploy an application in access 2007 and if in the computer
>> > there
>> > is
>> > access 2003, always the message about configurition will be show? By
>> > another
>> > words, is it  possible co-exits boths versions?
>> >

>> > Thanks
>> > jcp

0
Douglas
6/25/2007 7:57:26 PM
I don't know how can i use virtual pc but do you think is a good solution for
the client?
II'm looking for client side, should be friendly.
Could you tell me a site where I can read something about virutal pc?

Thanks

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> Well, you could consider using Virtual PC or VMWare, but that would require
> that you have an additional license for Windows.
>
> Other than that, there's currently nothing you can do.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Jose Perdigao" <JosePerdigao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > it means I can not build an application for my client?
> > If I install an application with this issue, the users kill me.
> > Every times if previous access 2003 was open, after to open acc 2007, the
> > configuration spend about one minute.
> >
> > What can i do?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> > "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
> >
> >> You've discovered a relatively major issue with the new version of
> >> Access.
> >>
> >> There's currently no way to avoid the issue. I've heard rumours that it
> >> will
> >> be improved in the first service pack for Office 2007, but I don't know
> >> when
> >> that will be.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> >> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> >> (no e-mails, please!)
> >>

> >> "Jose Perdigao" <JosePerdigao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

You can learn about Virtual PC at
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/virtualpc/default.mspx

In all honesty, I wouldn't recommend it for an application setup, but it
would be fine for doing development work. Bottom line is, unfortunately,
you're stuck with the current situation.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele
(no private e-mails, please)

>I don't know how can i use virtual pc but do you think is a good solution
>for
> the client?
> II'm looking for client side, should be friendly.
> Could you tell me a site where I can read something about virutal pc?
>
> Thanks
>

> "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
>
>> Well, you could consider using Virtual PC or VMWare, but that would
>> require
>> that you have an additional license for Windows.
>>
>> Other than that, there's currently nothing you can do.
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no e-mails, please!)
>>

>> "Jose Perdigao" <JosePerdigao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > it means I can not build an application for my client?
>> > If I install an application with this issue, the users kill me.
>> > Every times if previous access 2003 was open, after to open acc 2007,
>> > the
>> > configuration spend about one minute.
>> >
>> > What can i do?
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
Douglas
6/25/2007 8:49:52 PM
I was glad with some features, (for example split form view or buttons with
text) in new access and now I'm very stuck.
Very frustrated...

Thanks a lot.
jose

"Tom Wickernards" <tw@washington.edu> wrote in

> in general; it has always been buggy to have 2 versions on one
> machine

Er, no it hasn't, Aaron.

> why would you do something like this?

Because you're a professional developer who has to support multiple
versions.

Obviously, that doesn't apply to *you* or you'd have thought of it.

David

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Hot link in office outlook 2003 inoperatable
When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what settings do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks ka0mow wrote: > When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what > settings > do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook > Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks You mean a "Hyper link, not a "hot" link. Have you installed IE7? -- Registered Linux User no 24...

Excel Row to Access Columns

Access

access mail on WEB

Outlook 2003 setup
Thanks for the help so far, everyone. Is there a way to get outlook to send/receive email from a free yahoo account? Ta. Check out this site: http://www.ypopsemail.com/ "cameleonkelle" <cameleonkelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FA06750-130F-44EA-B114-063B88DC6FC9@microsoft.com... > Thanks for the help so far, everyone. > Is there a way to get outlook to send/receive email from a free yahoo > account? > Ta. ...

Money 2003 password problems
Hi, I run Windows XP and Money 2003. I recently moved all my "c:\documents and settings" to another drive, which involved me having to make registry changes so windows knew where the "My documents" and "Shared Documents" had moved to. Everything worked fine, although I had some problems with MS money after the move so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again (the exact same version). Since I have reinstalled it, the password I used to use to open my money file is not recognised. I am 100% certain that I am using the correct password. I tried using salv.exe to...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

word 2007 document prints every other line of text.
word 2007 document started printing every other line of type as of yesterday. Document shows okay in print preview, but prints incorrectly. If Print Preview appears OK and you are using an Inkjet printer, I would suspect that you have a problem with the ink nozzles in the printer. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "bh" <bh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2A0B201-CA31-4482-B538-B...

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

Charts Excel 2003
I have several Dynamic Charts that plot daily data and a Month to date value. I show the data table. I am using line charts, and adding a Trendline. How can I show the Month To Date value without having it affect the daily trendline? You shouldn't include the MTD value as part of the daily value series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Gringarlow" <Gringarlow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CD46CAB-4A3F-457A-8C6B-03FF488C0011@microsoft.c...

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Cannot attach vCard file to Sugnature in Outlook 2003
If I try using a vCard for signature in Outlook 2003 I receive an error message: "Can't create file: xx.vcf. Right-click the folder you want to create file in, and ten click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder" On Oct 15, 1:44=A0pm, nickolay.co...@gmail.com wrote: > If I try using a vCard for signature in Outlook 2003 I receive an > error message: > > "Can't create file: xx.vcf. Right-click the folder you want to create > file in, and ten click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your > permissions for the fol...

adres labels, from excel 2003 ?
Hello, can I writhe adress labels from excel 2003 ? if i can, please tell me how . Thank you ! -- Greetings from Dorthe Hi, The easy way if you have your names and addresses in Excel, is to use Word. Go to Tools/Letters and Mailings. Use your Excel file as the data source. Dave url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/10356353.aspx -- Greetings from Dorthe "Dave Curtis" skrev: > Hi, > > The easy way if you have your names and addresses in Excel, is to use Word. > Go to Tools/Letters and Mailings. > Use your Excel file as the data source. > > Dave > >...

Outlook 2003 Crash After Install Office 2003 SP3
Hi, My Outlook Crashed regully after I install the Office 2003 SP3. it says: outlook has encountered a problem ans needs to be close. we are sorry for the inconveniences . please tell microsoft about this problem . and not any more information that I can get. it happens when I read mail. write mail or any time. what is the problem ? does it means SP3 shouldnot be installed? -- Gordon I'm running Office/Outlook 2003 SP3 just fine. Couple of thoughts to get you started... 1) Run the inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) against your *.PST file(s) 2) Exclude the .PST file extension from r...

E-mails Missing in Outlook Express 2003
My E-mail messages were compacted this afternoon and now all of my E-mail messages dated from 1-12-07 to today 03-22-07 are missing. How can I retrieve them? -- Ray10X10 This is a Office Outlook newsgroup. You should repost this to the = Outlook Express newsgroup. Meanwhile here is a snip from a post by Bruce Hagen MVP-OE <snip> The bak files are created in the Recycle Bin when you compact,=20 OE uses dbx files which are the ones backed up as bak files. . If you are using OE, this is how to restore dbx (bak) files. All e-mail items may be missing when you start Outlook Express...

Mocrosoft Outlook 2007
I have had my computer for about 3 months and all of the sudden everytime I reply to an email in Outlook it freezes up the whole program. The only way to unfreeze it is to restart my computer. Any help out there. I have a Dell desktop wtih Vista. Do you have a program called Outlookaddinsetup in Control = Panel->Programs->Uninstall? If yes, uninstall it. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Donovan ask...