Access 2007 Runtime Error 3075

I'm really confused.  I have two databases which use similar code to build a
select statement.  One has been working (DB1), the other has not(DB2).  As I
was debugging DB2, I brought up DB1 to compare the VB code.  Suddenly DB1
started showing the same error.  I tried DB1 on another computer and it still
works fine there.  The database resides on a network server so I am testing
the same code.  The error message is :
Run-time error 3075
Syntax error in date in query expression '[SR Number]='09-0035' AND [Date]
BETWEEN #_/_/_# AND #_/_/_'.

The code looks like:
sWhereClause = sWhereClause & " AND [Date] BETWEEN #" & _
                            sStart & "# AND #" & sEnd & "#"

I've looked at regional settings on both computers and they are the same.
Any ideas of what might be different between the computers to make this run
differently or what might change underfoot so that the code works and then
suddenly doesn't on the same machine?
Thanks in advance for your help.
--
Linda

Exactly what is in sWhereClause when the problem occurs?

One thing I've found is that it's always a good idea to enclose the BETWEEN
clause in parentheses. It's also a good idea to force the date format, since
you should never assume anything about the user's Short Date settings.

  sWhereClause = sWhereClause & " AND ([Date] BETWEEN " & _
    Format(sStart, "\#yyyy\-mm\-dd\#")  & " AND " & _
    Format(sEnd, "\#yyyy\-mm\-dd\#") & ")"

And even though you've enclosed the field name Date in square brackets, you
really would be much better off using a different name for the field.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm really confused.  I have two databases which use similar code to build
> select statement.  One has been working (DB1), the other has not(DB2).  As
> was debugging DB2, I brought up DB1 to compare the VB code.  Suddenly DB1
> started showing the same error.  I tried DB1 on another computer and it
> still
> works fine there.  The database resides on a network server so I am
> testing
> the same code.  The error message is :
> Run-time error 3075
> Syntax error in date in query expression '[SR Number]='09-0035' AND [Date]
> BETWEEN #_/_/_# AND #_/_/_'.
>
> The code looks like:
> sWhereClause = sWhereClause & " AND [Date] BETWEEN #" & _
>                            sStart & "# AND #" & sEnd & "#"
>
> I've looked at regional settings on both computers and they are the same.
> Any ideas of what might be different between the computers to make this
> run
> differently or what might change underfoot so that the code works and then
> suddenly doesn't on the same machine?
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> --
> Linda

0
Douglas
4/1/2010 10:27:33 PM
I changed Date to be SRDate and enclose the BETWEEN clause in parentheses and
get the same error. The date fields both have an input mask defined in the
properties of 99/99/00;0;_
 Essentially what I have is a form with several combo boxes, a text box (for
a title) and then a box for start date and one for end date.  The user can
put information into any of the fields to build a query to retrieve records
they want to work on.  A similar method was used for another database and it
works fine, but I can't see where I'm going wrong in this one.  I am getting
the 3075 error whether or not I try to make an entry in the date fields.
These should not be looked at unless they have values in them so it seems it
is getting a default of _/_/_ which means the field is not null therefore is
being included in the where clause.  Does the input mask make an entry in the
field even if there is no input?
I'm not sure if its related but the focus is on the End Date field when the
form finishes loading.  I have set the tab order to where the start date
should be 7 and the end date is 8.  Any idea why it is not going to tab stop
0 first?
The whereclause = '[SR Number] = '09-0026' AND ([SRDate] BETWEEN #_/_/_# AND
#_/_/_#'

I still don't understand why it works on the same database on one computer
and not the other!
Thank you.
--
Linda

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> Exactly what is in sWhereClause when the problem occurs?
>
> One thing I've found is that it's always a good idea to enclose the BETWEEN
> clause in parentheses. It's also a good idea to force the date format, since
> you should never assume anything about the user's Short Date settings.
>
>   sWhereClause = sWhereClause & " AND ([Date] BETWEEN " & _
>     Format(sStart, "\#yyyy\-mm\-dd\#")  & " AND " & _
>     Format(sEnd, "\#yyyy\-mm\-dd\#") & ")"
>
> And even though you've enclosed the field name Date in square brackets, you
> really would be much better off using a different name for the field.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm really confused.  I have two databases which use similar code to build
> > select statement.  One has been working (DB1), the other has not(DB2).  As
> > was debugging DB2, I brought up DB1 to compare the VB code.  Suddenly DB1
> > started showing the same error.  I tried DB1 on another computer and it
> > still
> > works fine there.  The database resides on a network server so I am
> > testing
> > the same code.  The error message is :
> > Run-time error 3075
> > Syntax error in date in query expression '[SR Number]='09-0035' AND [Date]
> > BETWEEN #_/_/_# AND #_/_/_'.
> >
> > The code looks like:
> > sWhereClause = sWhereClause & " AND [Date] BETWEEN #" & _
> >                            sStart & "# AND #" & sEnd & "#"
> >
> > I've looked at regional settings on both computers and they are the same.
> > Any ideas of what might be different between the computers to make this
> > run
> > differently or what might change underfoot so that the code works and then
> > suddenly doesn't on the same machine?
> > Thanks in advance for your help.
> > --
> > Linda
>
> .

Are you checking to see whether the dates have values?

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele
(no private e-mails, please)

> [...]
>> > started showing the same error.  I tried DB1 on another computer and it
>> > still
>> > works fine there.  The database resides on a network server so I am
>> > testing
>> > the same code.  The error message is :
>> > Run-time error 3075
>> > Syntax error in date in query expression '[SR Number]='09-0035' AND
>> > [Date]
>> > BETWEEN #_/_/_# AND #_/_/_'.
>> >
>> > The code looks like:
>> > sWhereClause = sWhereClause & " AND [Date] BETWEEN #" & _
>> >                            sStart & "# AND #" & sEnd & "#"
>> >
>> > I've looked at regional settings on both computers and they are the
>> > same.
>> > Any ideas of what might be different between the computers to make this
>> > run
>> > differently or what might change underfoot so that the code works and

0
Douglas
4/15/2010 9:15:47 PM
I'm checking with the following statement:
If StartDate.Text <> """
and the code drops through i.e. StartDate.Text = ""

I seem to have gotten past this point.  Now I am getting a prompt to Enter
Parameter Value for Date.  I thought I had changed the references from Date
to SRDate.

Any suggestions on how to find where it is looking for Date?
--
Linda

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> [...]
> > and not the other!
> > Thank you.
> > --
> > Linda
> >

> > "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
> >
> >> Exactly what is in sWhereClause when the problem occurs?
> >>
> >> One thing I've found is that it's always a good idea to enclose the
> >> BETWEEN
> >> clause in parentheses. It's also a good idea to force the date format,
> >> since
> >> you should never assume anything about the user's Short Date settings.
> >>
> >>   sWhereClause = sWhereClause & " AND ([Date] BETWEEN " & _
> >>     Format(sStart, "\#yyyy\-mm\-dd\#")  & " AND " & _
> >>     Format(sEnd, "\#yyyy\-mm\-dd\#") & ")"
> >>
> >> And even though you've enclosed the field name Date in square brackets,
> >> you
> >> really would be much better off using a different name for the field.

Nevermind, I found it!  Thanks for all your help!!
--
Linda

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> [...]
> > and not the other!
> > Thank you.
> > --
> > Linda
> >

> > "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
> >
> >> Exactly what is in sWhereClause when the problem occurs?
> >>
> >> One thing I've found is that it's always a good idea to enclose the
> >> BETWEEN
> >> clause in parentheses. It's also a good idea to force the date format,
> >> since
> >> you should never assume anything about the user's Short Date settings.
> >>
> >>   sWhereClause = sWhereClause & " AND ([Date] BETWEEN " & _
> >>     Format(sStart, "\#yyyy\-mm\-dd\#")  & " AND " & _
> >>     Format(sEnd, "\#yyyy\-mm\-dd\#") & ")"
> >>
> >> And even though you've enclosed the field name Date in square brackets,
> >> you
> >> really would be much better off using a different name for the field.

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Calculation Error in Money 2004 Small Business
When you enter 80*51.875 as expense in a bank account for example, the result correctly shows as 4150. However, if you go to Invoice and enter 80hours @ $51.875, it shows 4150.40 - Calculation bug? MS Online Assisted support confirmed the problem. They also found that if you enter the numbers in reverse i.e 51.875h @ $80, it correctly shows 4150. So it looks like Money 2004 erroneously rounds off the per hour labor rate to two decimal digits 80*51.88 = 4150.40). >-----Original Message----- >When you enter 80*51.875 as expense in a bank account for >example, the result corre...

Excel Row to Access Columns

HELP: VBScript to detect error messages in excel VBA
I wish to use vbscript to automate macros running over many workbooks. I will allow a number to run at any given time, therefore i need to use vbscript to detect if a macro has ended. This is not posing an issue. The issue I foresee is if the macro being run in the excel book decides to error (maybe because an SQL server is down, or any reason really)... I need the ability to have vbscript work out that the runtime error has occurred in the excel workbook, kill the application, then re-launch the workbook to allow the maco a second run. Essentially, how will i use vbscript to...

Access

access mail on WEB

Import Wizard Error
We're trying to import leads from a tradeshow into MSCRM 1.2. I utilize the Import Wizard, find the source .csv, map the fields (and ensure none of them are blank), and press import. I receive the error: "A system error occurred while the data was being imported. The Import Wizard will now close." Any help would be greatly appreciated! Kind Regards, Anthony Uliano President/CTO AMC Technology, L.L.C. Anthony.Uliano@amctechnology.com is your crm web server running on a port other than port 80 ? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Anth...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

word 2007 document prints every other line of text.
word 2007 document started printing every other line of type as of yesterday. Document shows okay in print preview, but prints incorrectly. If Print Preview appears OK and you are using an Inkjet printer, I would suspect that you have a problem with the ink nozzles in the printer. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "bh" <bh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2A0B201-CA31-4482-B538-B...

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

STOP 0xC000021A error
Hello all, I am running Windows XP Pro, and after running combofix.exe which wanted to reboot my pc, gave me an error and now I'm unable to login to my pc. I get a blue screen error: STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error) The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034. The system has been shut down. I tried all options available in F8(safe mode, last known good configuration), and Windows recovery, however I'm unable to go forth because the blue screen comes on before I can login to the pc. I connected my drive to my other p...

Mocrosoft Outlook 2007
I have had my computer for about 3 months and all of the sudden everytime I reply to an email in Outlook it freezes up the whole program. The only way to unfreeze it is to restart my computer. Any help out there. I have a Dell desktop wtih Vista. Do you have a program called Outlookaddinsetup in Control = Panel->Programs->Uninstall? If yes, uninstall it. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Donovan ask...

Accounting with Ms Access

BP3 Site Settings access

Excel to Access
Hi group, quick question. If I have a macro to upload some Excel data into Access, can this macro be used by a user without Access installed on its PC???? The Access database is located in a shared drive, the Excel is stored in the user's PC. ....And same thing in the other way, can a user without Access import from Excel some Access info?? Versions are Excel 2003 and Access 2002. Thanks in advance, Cecilia Can you buy Excel without buying the entire Microsoft Office Suite? I'm not sure if there are variations in the way microsoft sells products in different countries s...

Access Levels
Hi I am having real difficulty in getting the access levels to work as I want them. Basically I want to control access at the Business Unit level. However, how do I know which business unit a specific account record belongs to? As far as I can see it is determined by the owner of the record and their corresponding Business Unit. Is this correct? Thanks You are correct. The record is only tied to the BU through the owner. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 26 May 2004 06:51:29 -0700, l.hargrave@btinternet.com (Lee) wrote: Hi I ...