Access 2003 - Error Code 2455

I have a form that goes to a subform for searching.  It works
perfectly on my computer; however, when another user opens it and
attempts to perform a search, they receive the Error Code 2455
message.  When I debug, it gets stuck on "Me.book_subform.Form.Filter
= strWhereSearch" and says that book_subform cannot be found.  It
isn't a rights issue, it isn't a mapping issue.  What am I missing?

0
imelda1ab

check your naming.  This is an issue that often confused.
In this syntax:
Me.book_subform.Form.Filter > = strWhereSearch

book_subform is the name of the subform control on the main form, not the
name of the form being used as the subform.  That is where the confusion
lies.  On your main form, you have a subform control.  One of its properties
is Source Object.  The Source Object property contains the name of the form
that shows in the subform control.
You do not refer to the name of the form being used as the subform.  That is
handled by the Form object.  so the syntax is
Me.SubformControlName.Form.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"imelda1ab@yahoo.com" wrote:

> I have a form that goes to a subform for searching.  It works
> perfectly on my computer; however, when another user opens it and
> attempts to perform a search, they receive the Error Code 2455
> message.  When I debug, it gets stuck on "Me.book_subform.Form.Filter
> = strWhereSearch" and says that book_subform cannot be found.  It
> isn't a rights issue, it isn't a mapping issue.  What am I missing?

Thank you so much for your response.  I'm an Access newbie so you'll
have to pardon if I make a statement or ask a question that would
cause a real Access user to  shake their head, so you may have to walk
me through this like a toddler.  My subform's name is book_subform and
the subform doesn't actually "appear" on the search form -- the form
is nothing more than 6 blanks for users to enter search terms.  I
don't know what else to do but paste my form/subform info and the
code.  Any time/help you can continue to offer is extremely
appreciated.

Form:  Book_Search
Record source: qry_book_lookup

Subform:  book_subform
Record source: qry_book_lookup

Private Sub Search_Results_Click()
 On Error GoTo Err_Search_Results_Click

Dim strWhere As String
Dim lngLen As Long

'Author field
    If Not IsNull(Me.authorselection) Then
       strWhere = strWhere & "([author] Like ""*" & Me.authorselection
& "*"") AND "
    End If

    'Title Field
    If Not IsNull(Me.Titleselection) Then
        strWhere = strWhere & "([title] Like ""*" & Me.Titleselection
& "*"") AND "
    End If

        'Publisher field
    If Not IsNull(Me.publisherselection) Then
        strWhere = strWhere & "([publisher] Like ""*" &
Me.publisherselection & "*"") AND "
    End If

    'Abstract field
    If Not IsNull(Me.abstractselection) Then
        strWhere = strWhere & "([abstract] Like ""*" &
Me.abstractselection & "*"") AND "
    End If

    'Publication date field
    If Not IsNull(Me.Pubdateselection) Then
        strWhere = strWhere & "([PubDate] Like ""*" &
Me.Pubdateselection & "*"") AND "
    End If

    'Descriptor field
    If Not IsNull(Me.descriptorsselection) Then   'Less than the next
day.
        strWhere = strWhere & "([descriptors] Like ""*" &
Me.descriptorsselection & "*"") AND "
    End If

    lngLen = Len(strWhere) - 5
    If lngLen <= 0 Then
       Cancel = True

        MsgBox "In order to perform a search, you must enter values in
one or more search fields.", vbInformation, "No Criteria Entered"
    Else
        strWhere = Left$(strWhere, lngLen)

        'For debugging, remove the leading quote on the next line.
Prints to Immediate Window (Ctrl+G).
        'Debug.Print strWhere

        'Apply the string as the form's Filter.
        'This is where I am getting hung up on everyone else's
computer.

Me.book_subform.Form.Filter = strWhere
Me.book_subform.Form.FilterOn = True

        'Me.Filter = strWhere
        'Me.FilterOn = True
        'DoCmd.OpenForm "book_subform"
DoCmd.ApplyFilter "book_subform", Me.Filter

End If

DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, 2, , acMenuVer70

Exit_Search_Results_Click:
   Exit Sub
Err_Search_Results_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_Search_Results_Click

End Sub

Clears the search criteria from the form
Private Sub Clear_Form_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_Clear_Form_Click

    'Me.FilterOn = False
Me.book_subform.Form.FilterOn = False
Me.authorselection.Value = Null
Me.Titleselection.Value = Null
Me.publisherselection.Value = Null
Me.PubDate.Value = Null
Me.abstractselection.Value = Null
Me.descriptorsselection.Value = Null
Me.searchallselection.Value = Null

Exit_Clear_Form_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_Clear_Form_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_Clear_Form_Click
End Sub

On Oct 25, 5:50 pm, Klatuu <Kla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> check your naming.  This is an issue that often confused.
> In this syntax:
> Me.book_subform.Form.Filter > = strWhereSearch
>
> book_subform is the name of the subform control on the main form, not the
> name of the form being used as the subform.  That is where the confusion
> lies.  On your main form, you have a subform control.  One of its properties
> is Source Object.  The Source Object property contains the name of the form
> that shows in the subform control.
> You do not refer to the name of the form being used as the subform.  That is
> handled by the Form object.  so the syntax is
> Me.SubformControlName.Form.
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "imelda...@yahoo.com" wrote:
> > I have a form that goes to a subform for searching.  It works
> > perfectly on my computer; however, when another user opens it and
> > attempts to perform a search, they receive the Error Code 2455
> > message.  When I debug, it gets stuck on "Me.book_subform.Form.Filter
> > = strWhereSearch" and says that book_subform cannot be found.  It
> > isn't a rights issue, it isn't a mapping issue.  What am I missing?- Hide quoted text -

imelda1ab
10/26/2007 2:15:12 PM
The basic problem is you are trying to set filters on a form that is not open

        'Me.Filter = strWhere
        'Me.FilterOn = True
        'DoCmd.OpenForm "book_subform"

You could use the Where argument of the Openform method to do what you are
trying to do:

    Docmd.OpenForm "book_subform", , ,strWhere

Also, here is a better way to build your where string:

Private Function AddAdd(strWhereString) As String
    If Len(strWhereString) > 0 Then
        strWhereString = strWhereString & " AND "
    End If
    AddAdd = strWhereString
End Function

Private Sub Search_Results_Click()
 On Error GoTo Err_Search_Results_Click

Dim strWhere As String
Dim lngLen As Long

'Author field
    If Not IsNull(Me.authorselection) Then
       strWhere = "([author] Like ""*" & Me.authorselection
& "*"")"
    End If

'Title Field
    If Not IsNull(Me.Titleselection) Then
        strWhere = AddAnd(strWhere)
[...]

    If  Len strWhere = 0 Then
'You had a Cancel = True here, but this is not a procedure that can be
canceled
        MsgBox "In order to perform a search, you must enter values in
one or more search fields.", vbInformation, "No Criteria Entered"

        'DoCmd.OpenForm "book_subform", , , strWhere
    End If

' DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, 2, , acMenuVer70

I don't know what this line does.  DoMenuItem as an obsolete command and is
only supported for backward compatibility.

On Oct 26, 10:40 am, Klatuu <Kla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> [...]
> >     Exit Sub
>
> > Err_Clear_Form_Click:
> >     MsgBox Err.Description
> >     Resume Exit_Clear_Form_Click
> > End Sub
>
> > On Oct 25, 5:50 pm, Klatuu <Kla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > check your naming.  This is an issue that often confused.
> > > In this syntax:
> > > Me.book_subform.Form.Filter > = strWhereSearch
>
> > > book_subform is the name of the subform control on the main form, not the
> > > name of the form being used as the subform.  That is where the confusion
> > > lies.  On your main form, you have a subform control.  One of its properties
> > > is Source Object.  The Source Object property contains the name of the form
> > > that shows in the subform control.
> > > You do not refer to the name of the form being used as the subform.  That is
> > > handled by the Form object.  so the syntax is

You are officially now by very best friend forever.  Thanks a
million!!!!!

0
imelda1ab

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Menu Change back to 2003
Does anybody can tell me how to change the word word 2007 menu back to word 2003 menu?Word 2007 is a nightmare for me! Hi Bo, You can't. However, there are various Add-ins that people have produced to mimick the old toolbars. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Bo" <Bo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2269CDD-43F0-4138-BB86-07E685A1AFA8@microsoft.com... > Does anybody can tell me how to change the word word 2007 menu back to word > 2003 menu?Word 2007 is a nightmare for me! As macropod suggests there are add-ins that mim...

Exchange 2003 Email forwarding by Schedule
Hi, I have been looking for some VB code example, without any luck, on forwarding Exchange 2003 email accounts to another email account within exchange using a script. I need to forward and unforward on a schedule. Can anyone direct me to some info that would help me acheive this. Regards Brent Might not be a good solution but: AD Attrib altRecipient is the forward to option. You can easily put a script in place that will modify this value to a single user and then schedule the script to change the forward to as required. Of course AD replication is required after the change and it ...

outlook 2003 custom rules and spam filtering
I'm trying to set up rules to move emails from different accounts to different folders. The rules work fine except that spam filtering is not being processed on the accounts that get moved. In other words, I have one "main" account that I have go to the inbox - it has the spam rules apply. The other "secondary" rules go to specific folders - they do not have the spam being processed. Sounds like my custom rule is pre-empting the spam filter rule(s). Is there a way to chain the two together so that spam filtering happens first and then the mover (or vice versa ...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Hot link in office outlook 2003 inoperatable
When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what settings do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks ka0mow wrote: > When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what > settings > do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook > Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks You mean a "Hyper link, not a "hot" link. Have you installed IE7? -- Registered Linux User no 24...

Enable Macros & Disable Insert from code
Hi, 1. How to enable macros from the code? 2. How to disable insert and copy for this workbook? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Regards, Giri 1. You don't, otherwise what would be the point. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Giri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:762f01c430fd$42f491c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > 1. How to enable macros from the code? > 2. How to disable insert and copy for this workbook? > > Any help ...

How to remove the Outlook 2003 system tray icon
Hi, Somebody please tell me that there is an option to remove the rather redundant icon Outlook 2003 places in the system tray area! I've been through the options many times but can't seem to find any way of getting rid of it. Thanks muchly Paul You can't get rid of it. You can however hide it. Just right click the Task Bar. Choose Properties. Choose Customize. You can set the Outlook Icon to always hide (in Windows XP only). -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the new...

Access

Code does not work after converting MDB to MDE
Hello all, I'm using the code described in KB article(see link below) to print a report on legal paper in landscape mode, however the code no longer works when I convert the database the Access 97 database from MDB to MDE. Any thoughts on how I get around this? Thanks, Rohit Thomas http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;302650&Product=acc97 Rohit, The code fails at the following statement: DoCmd.OpenReport strName, acDesign when run in an .mde, because by definition an .mde does not allow for objects like forms and reports to be opened in design view, like ...

Outlook 2003 setup
Thanks for the help so far, everyone. Is there a way to get outlook to send/receive email from a free yahoo account? Ta. Check out this site: http://www.ypopsemail.com/ "cameleonkelle" <cameleonkelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FA06750-130F-44EA-B114-063B88DC6FC9@microsoft.com... > Thanks for the help so far, everyone. > Is there a way to get outlook to send/receive email from a free yahoo > account? > Ta. ...

access mail on WEB

Money 2003 password problems
Hi, I run Windows XP and Money 2003. I recently moved all my "c:\documents and settings" to another drive, which involved me having to make registry changes so windows knew where the "My documents" and "Shared Documents" had moved to. Everything worked fine, although I had some problems with MS money after the move so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again (the exact same version). Since I have reinstalled it, the password I used to use to open my money file is not recognised. I am 100% certain that I am using the correct password. I tried using salv.exe to...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Charts Excel 2003
I have several Dynamic Charts that plot daily data and a Month to date value. I show the data table. I am using line charts, and adding a Trendline. How can I show the Month To Date value without having it affect the daily trendline? You shouldn't include the MTD value as part of the daily value series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Gringarlow" <Gringarlow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CD46CAB-4A3F-457A-8C6B-03FF488C0011@microsoft.c...

Outlook Web Access #19

Cannot attach vCard file to Sugnature in Outlook 2003
If I try using a vCard for signature in Outlook 2003 I receive an error message: "Can't create file: xx.vcf. Right-click the folder you want to create file in, and ten click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder" On Oct 15, 1:44=A0pm, nickolay.co...@gmail.com wrote: > If I try using a vCard for signature in Outlook 2003 I receive an > error message: > > "Can't create file: xx.vcf. Right-click the folder you want to create > file in, and ten click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your > permissions for the fol...