acanywhere vs acentire

What is the difference between acanywhere and acentire.  I am
docmd.findrecord in a subform and looking for data that is in the query
behind the subform but does not have a textbox on subform.  Thanks.

searching for 123 acAnywhere in string xxx123xxx is true
to find the same record with acEntire you would to search for xxx123xxx,
entire, versus anywhere get it?

"seeker" wrote:

> What is the difference between acanywhere and acentire.  I am
> docmd.findrecord in a subform and looking for data that is in the query
> behind the subform but does not have a textbox on subform.  Thanks.

Archive Settings for Inbox vs Subfolders
Can I set up one Archive setting for the main Inbox and different archive settings for its subfolders (those folders that were created under the Inbox)? I want ot delete all messages over 365 days old in the Inbox but archive those ove 365 in all of the subfolders. I want to make sure that Outlook will not delete those older messages in the subfolders. Thanks. Denny Riffert Yes. Right click on the folders and choose properties then a new archive setting. See http://www.slipstick.com/tutorials/auto/archive.htm if you need help doing it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outloo...

Double vs Decimal?
This is a spin off from the thread "Immediate Window: Annoying Notation?" It's a *really* big deal to me all-of-a-sudden bc it sounds like my current SOP might be at variance with good practice. Lotta years ago (JET 3.something) and for reasons not recollected I settled on Double as my data type of choice for big numbers with lots of decimal places. Now it's sounding like Decimal is the preferred vehicle, but I'm a little confused - no... make that a *lot* confused. If Decimal is so "right", how come VBA doesn't support it directly in the Dim statement...

Outlook 2000 VS Outlook 2003 Speed
Hi, I have found that outlook 2003 is much slower than outlook 2000 when it accessing the public folders. Anyone facing similar issue? Any tricks to overcome it? Thanks MWGP ...

Ending Cash Balance in Investment Transactions Register vs Cash Transactions #2
This subject is the same as a previous topic. There didn't seem to be a conclusion in the last discussion of this problem, so I decided to address it once again for those who may still be suffering from this issue. Nonetheless, it's probably worth it for you to read the previous discussion for additional background and context information. THE PROBLEM: In MS Money 2004, for whatever reason, some transactions are stored as Opening Balance transactions and they're hidden from the user such that the opening balance will always be greater than zero even when there are no transaction...

Reminder Time vs Due By Field
I'm using O2003. For a contact, there is the Due by Field. There is also a Reminder Time field. If you update the Due By field, it updates the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the Reminder Time field, it does not update the Due By field. By default for a contact, you have access to the Due By field. The Reminder field is avaialble, but you have to manually add it. In Tasks, it seems to work the same in that if you update the Due By field, it updates the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the Reminder Time field, it does not update the Due By field. However, you have a...

malloc() vs "new" vs HeapAlloc() vs ...
I'm implementing a "doubly" linked list data structure. My linked list will contain more than 300,000 nodes, so I'd like to conserve as much memory as possible. My list nodes will be C++ structures defined like this : typedef struct tagNode { int x, y; char c; NODE *next, *prev; } NODE; Alternatively, I could use a C++ object to implement this node. ie : class Node { public: int x, y; char c; Node *next, *prev; }; My questions are : 1) Which node type ...

Difference between VS 6.0 & VS 8.0
Hi. I was working previously in VS 6.0 and now I moved to VS 8.0. mY QUESTIONS to you are 1.What extra files are created in VS8.0 when compared to VS6.0? 2.After converting a project from VS 6.0 to VS 8.0(since most of the samples and help i find is found from codeguru/codeproject),I cannot run any project in VS8.0,Why so? 3.Whats the difference in the VS8.0 architecture and VS6.0 architecture? thanks in advance Bhargs Suggest you start here http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/ Bhargs wrote: > Hi. > I was working previously in VS 6.0 and now I moved to VS 8.0. > mY QUESTIONS to yo...

RMS vs RetailPro
I have been using RMS for over 2.5 years and my business is expanding to 3 locations. I looked at Retail Pro www.retailpro.com and they are quite flexible with the new version on embeded Oracle 9i. They seem to have attacked the shortcomings of RMS. For a fashion clothing retailer, would anyone recommend against Retail Pro? Hi Sammm...I would look very closely at the costs per station and store, ongoing maintanence and mandatory support from a local exclusive dealer. We have run RPRO for several years in our stores and would not upgrade due to a host of hidden costs, lots of bugs and gen...

SPEED: Instant Search vs. Search Folders
It seems that an instant search works faster than a search folder. This seems crazy to me -- why would you set up a search folder if you can find stuff faster with an instant search on the fly. Is this just how it works, or is something wrong iwth my outlook installation? ...

acanywhere vs acentire
What is the difference between acanywhere and acentire. I am docmd.findrecord in a subform and looking for data that is in the query behind the subform but does not have a textbox on subform. Thanks. searching for 123 acAnywhere in string xxx123xxx is true to find the same record with acEntire you would to search for xxx123xxx, entire, versus anywhere get it? "seeker" wrote: > What is the difference between acanywhere and acentire. I am > docmd.findrecord in a subform and looking for data that is in the query > behind the subform but does not have a ...

New setup vs migration
Assuming that I have an old domain either 2000 or 2003 (with Exchange). The basic concept is that I don't want to migrate automatically but I want to setup a new domain from scratch (Windows2008 with Exchange 2010) in order to avoid all the garbage and to have a cleaner setup. I don't mind recreating all accounts because I can script this but the only real problem will be the cliebnts. If you have 10-15 clients, it's no problem but how can you handlw 100 users in terms of joining them to the new domain and losing their desktop profile? how can I keep their current pro...

Internal exchange vs hosted exchange
Hi, for an office of about 12 people, I'm deciding whether to do hosted exchange or internal/managed.. is hosted better? it appears to be cheaper, but is it better? would you say the following link is an accurate depiction of savings?: http://www.mpronto.com/lower.php?url=in-house-vs-hosted-exchange can anyone recommend some good hosted exchange provider(s) if hosted is in fact better ? thank you -- aliuhz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ aliuhz's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/226310.htm View this thread: ...

Access 2002 vs 2003 01-11-10
I have Access databases in 2002 format. I am upgrading to Office 2003. The question is is there a difference between the 2002 format and the 2002-2003 format. I am planning on leaving my programs in 2002 format but using Access 2003--any problems with this? Thanks, Stanley No problem! Access2003 is backward compatible meaning it can run earlier versions of Access. Access2002 is not forward compatible meaning you will not be able to run an Access2003 database from Access2002. Steve santus@penn.com "Stanley" <Stanley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

VS 2005 beta question
All, I need to complie some code. I am going from 16bit to 64 bit. The job do not want to spend the money on VS 2005.net. If I compile the code with the beta version or trial version of VS 2005.NET will it time bomb on me? Thanks in advance The code won't, but eventually the compiler will stop working. Don't know if the trial will support 64 bit though. I guess you get what you pay for. Tom "karibbean" <sharp_mind@REMOVE.this.email.msn.dotcom> wrote in message news:%23OyZFNUFGHA.1124@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > All, > > I need to complie some cod...

Horizons vs GP Manufacturing
Hello I have a Manufacturing prospect who will need a fairly basic BOM and MRP system in GP. I am looking at both standard GP manufacturing and also at the Horizons products. Does anyone have any experience of both? If so, are there any major pro's/cons of either, and what was Horizons like to deal with? The training/documentation on GP Mfg is virtually non existent so for a Manufacturing newbie like me it isn't great. Any advice or feedback gratefully received. Thanks If their process is not complex, then Horizons might be a good fit. Horizons has less conf...

Ribbon vs traditional Menu......
Hi, I want to change the ribbon menu format back to the traditional menu format.... can this be done and if so, how? Thank you! Nichelle Learn Ribbon side by side using old office classic menu from http://shahshaileshs.web.officelive.com/MenuAddins.aspx Free Exshail Classic Menu for Excel-2007 http://shahshaileshs.web.officelive.com/Exshail_Classic_Menu.aspx Regards, Shailesh "Nichelle" <Nichelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5348158-D0E7-44A6-868C-1851D8DA4ADA@microsoft.com... > Hi, I want to change the ribbon menu format bac...

embeds vs attachments
Dear all, A little confused. I attached a file to an email and sent it but the person did not receivc the attachment. Looking at the sent item it appears the document became embedded rather than attached....but how and why could he not see it? Thanks, Danny The issue is to do with the message format. SMTP mail is in 7-bit ASCII and files are attached and warppered to preserve the 8-bit data. However, MS mail clients support 'Rich Text' allowing fonts, colours etc. and allows attachments to be inserted in-line in the document. When a Rich Text document is sent the whole me...

Contacts vs Addressbook
Running Windows XP Home Edition and Outlook 2000. It "appears" that Contacts and Addressbook are synchronized. I need to be able to have Contacts contain phone information for my Palm download and Address Book contain e-mail addresses. HOW can I make the distinction??? Thanks.................Dr Bob this is going to be more of a concern through your PDA sync software as opposed to actual Outlook... i.s. >-----Original Message----- >Running Windows XP Home Edition and Outlook 2000. > >It "appears" that Contacts and Addressbook are >synchronized. I ...

Problem with VS.Net Class View
Hello All I am working on a relatively large application suite consisting of around 20 VC++ Projects. We have created a solution and added all the projects to it. I am facing problems while using auto hide feature of VS.Net 2003 Class View. Every other tab like solution explorer etc are working fine but the class view takes a lot of time to display. Auto hide is a very cool feature but because of the time delay in loading the class view i can not use it properly (it takes a lot of time to parse the classes being diaplyed). Has any one faced this problem and is there any solution availabl...

WLM vs Hotmail
I posted a question a few days ago about WLMD and got a reply which included the mention of the D having been dropped some time ago which begs the question how does one tell the versions? Or, maybe I'm mistaken but when I go online and log into my ID, it's listed as Windows Live Mail. I had thought the former Hotmail and MSN mail were being merged into the new Live Mail but if the desktop version is also Windows Live Mail, I must be mistaken. Hotmail, MSN Mail, etc were created originally as web-based mail services. Traditionally, a subscriber would use a web-browser...

VS 2005 vs VS 2002
Is it worth upgrading to VS.net 2005 from our VS.net 2002 Enterprise? All we can seem to get into 2002 are monochrome, 16 colour and 256 colour icons. So can 2005 handle Vista icons with alpha channel colours? Or is the problem that we are running on XP? > Is it worth upgrading to VS.net 2005 from our VS.net 2002 Enterprise? > > All we can seem to get into 2002 are monochrome, 16 colour and 256 colour > icons. So can 2005 handle Vista icons with alpha channel colours? Or is the > problem that we are running on XP? I dont have any idea about the specific issue you wrote. ...

Outlook preview vs normal mode
Outlook 2007. When you open an email with attachments you can see the body of the email. When you click on an attachment the email goes into a preview mode of some kind, with a list of attachments and previews of the attachments, but you can't see the email text any more. Without closing the email and reopening it, how do you go back to the normal view? "M Skabialka" <mskabialka@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote in message news:e17bn91xKHA.5576@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2007. When you open an email with attachments you can see the body > of the ...

Exchange vs Sharepoint
Currently using GP 8.0. I will be purchasing a new HP DL380, 2.0, 8 Geg ram. I need to share Outlook calenders. I have no need for Exchange mail functions (I use a pop server). I have a small business and I do not need any of Sharepoint's "workflow" features. In relation to the new capabilities of GP version 10, what are the benefits of purchasing Exchange with out Sharepoint? Thank you. Your comment "I have no need for Exchange mail functions (I use a pop server). " sort of sums it up. That is what Exchange does, email. And if you have no use for Sharepoint...

Outlook 2000 SP3
There has been so much hype about email worms/ viruses but I still don't understand everything I'd like to. When an email arrives in my Inbox, it will display in the preview pane as soon as I single click in the message header in the Header pane. My question is: Is that equivalent to opening the mail message and therefore launching whatever script/ executable is embedded in the body of the email? I'm concerned because any HTML type messages will instantly begin to render simply by single click and preview. Given concerns about HTML based spyware, worms, etc. I'm thinking the...

2003 vs 2007
I have a template that was created in 2003. Then I did a bunch of updates in 2007 but in compatible mode. In order to do the drop-downs, etc., in tables, I had to go back to 2003. Now, when I open the template in 2007, lots of features such as editing the header/footer are not available. Why is that? It appears that if I use 2003 to edit you can no longer use 2007 for full editing. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks, -- Barbara R If this is a protected form, you will find the form tools on Word 2007's Developer Tab (which is not displayed by default...