Zero decimal getting dropped.

I produce a report with a number to 3 decimal places.  If the last decimal
place is a zero it drops it and only prints two decimal places.  This makes
the whole column look jagged.  I put in Properties, Decimal Places 3, but it
still drops it.  What to do?

Thanks.

Use the Format() function to turn it into a string value with three decimals.
Leading and trailing zeros in a numeric field make no sense and as such are
dropped.

--
HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy

How to change order of drop lines relative to the plotted data in Excel 2007 chart
What is the procedure for changing the order of drop lines relative to the plotted data in an Excel 2007 chart? I would like the chart;s drop lines to remain active, but appear "sent to the back" behind the plotted data. I attempted to help myself by searching extensively, but I was unable to find the solution. I think it may require a VBA entry, but, if so, I will require assistance. Are the references below pointing me in the right direction? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb210119.aspx http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb216878.aspx http://m...

Leading Zeros SQL query
I need to add leading zeros to every item in our RMS database that uses UPCs. Is there an SQL query that could accomplish this? Thanks, Wesley Sanders Hi wesley , I tried this query and it update my itemlookupcode with leading zero where the barcode format is 9(UPCA) but please backup your data before running this query. and before running this ..try to ask for second opinion...I might miss some files that needed to be updated... SQL--> update item set itemlookupcode='0'+ rtrim(ltrim(itemlookupcode)) from item where barcodeformat=9 9=UPCA I hope it helps :) "wessan...

Get rid of 2007 Trial
I have had a computer with VISTA for a year. I like it. I never use the Microsoft 2007 trial. I received 2003 from my work and like using it. Now suddenly, Microsoft Office 2007 is the default to open my files. I tried uninstalling the 2007 trial program, but my computer is ignoring the command. How can I make 2003 my default. Even trying to change the default does not allow me to go from one "Year" to another. I would have to change the program all together. Any help out there? In article <4199FDFB-9896-44B8-867F-5A351702372F@microsoft.com>, Sinatra123 ...

cell formatting zero padding on binary no's
I'm struggling through doing some binary math on excel. Ugh. You'd think Excel is written by programmers, so they would see the value of having some programmer-friendly bitwise math and binary, octal and hex formatting stuff in there, if for no other reason than they could use it themselves. Anyway, that's my rant, here's my question I have some numbers in cells that I convert to binary C5: 55 DEC2BIN(C5) gives me 1010101 I'd really like to display that as 0101 0101 .... ie with a leading zero and a space between the nibbles. It appears that ce...

Custom Zeros
Hi, i have a issue in excel 2003 VBA, how can i costumize the decimal places for a range of cells with the number format from other cell. For example : in Column A i have 1.21 ; 1.56 ; 1.789 ; 1.9899 ; 0.1 and in cell B1 i have the number 0.001 . So i want to format by a function Column A so the contents in cell appears like this : 1.210 ; 1.560 ; 1.789 ; 1.990 ; 0,100 . Can anyone help me with this ? Thank you , Cheers Try Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const WS_RANGE As String = "B1" '<== change to suit On Err...

Why do I keep getting the same e mail over and over again?
In the last few days I keep gettting e mails I have already received and read. I contacted some of the senders, it is not coming from them. I got one 10 times yesterday and another 6 times this morning. http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/duplicates.htm -- Russ Valentine "laura@rainshinerealty.com" <laura@rainshinerealty.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E3C33F3-6A16-49F9-BFD2-609395392624@microsoft.com... > In the last few days I keep gettting e mails I have already received and > read. I contacted some of the senders, it is not comin...

Workstation service will not start -- gets error 2
Hi All: Without the Workstation service starting the computer is almost useless. No networking, can't install SpywareDoctor (needs to update itself), Can't install Belkin Easy Transfer Cable for Windows 7 (requires Crypto service which depends on workstation). Can't even look at events. Can't burn CD's. Trying to start the workstation service service gives: Could not start the Workstation service on Local Computer. Error 2: The system could not find the file specified I tried sfc /scannow. It took all afternoon but did not help the issue. My only r...

How can I get a table to autoflow to next text box?
I imported a table from Word that was bigger than the page in Publisher. I want the table to start flowing to the next textbox on the next page. The textboxes are already linked. Tables will not auto-flow to the next page. "aljam" <aljam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23F3A2F9-4375-41E5-998B-EFC9DC2FC525@microsoft.com... >I imported a table from Word that was bigger than the page in Publisher. I > want the table to start flowing to the next textbox on the next page. The > textboxes are already linked. ...

Drop List help
Is it possible to create a drop list of all the states that allows you to pick which state you want to enter? I will be using it with the wage entry page I have been working on just to enter in the state that I will be working in Is this for a userform or an embedded object on a worksheet? If it is for an embedded object on a worksheet... here is one scenario. List all the states in a far off column (ie - Column IV) In the cell you want to pick a state select DATA | VALIDATION | ALLOW:= "LIST" | SOURCE:= Range IV1: IV50... This is just an example, but it might get you starte...

Decimal Point...
Alright... this is so simple but I just can't figure it out. How do I get Excel to automatically put a decimal point 2 spaces in? And what I mean specifically is if I enter 50030. I want it to put the decimal at 500.30. Help! If you mean BEFORE beginning to type then goto > 'Tools' > 'Options...' > 'Edit' tab > select 'Fixed decimal point' and choose 2 > OK. When finished > un-select this option. Micky "Zoe" wrote: > Alright... this is so simple but I just can't figure it out. How do I get > Excel t...

leading zero problem
Hi, I have been given some call data from my telecomms provider in csv format. I have tried importing that into excel so I can then import into an access table but the format got messed up so I have converted the raw data file to txt. Problem with both when I import into excel is that in my CalledNo cell, I have a leading space in front of the phone number which is of the format 01234567890. I have tried using the data > text to columns tool but this deletes the 0 even tho I keep the cell format as text. I have also tried TRIM function however not all numbers are the same length. Thanks ...

How to get mouse move event for DialogBar buttons?
hi, I have a MDI appliction with a Dailog bar containing buttons.I want to get the mouse move event for that buttons.How is it possible? Thankz Tony Tony Thomas wrote: > hi, > > I have a MDI appliction with a Dailog bar containing buttons.I want to get > the mouse move event for that buttons.How is it possible? > > Thankz > Tony > > > You subclass the button. First you derive a class from CButton. Then you create a control member variable of your new class (in the ...

question about zeros
I'm working on a spreadsheet where I'm entering serial numbers... ever serial # starts with a zero.. I enter it and then when I move on to th next cell, the zero disappears and I can't for the life of me figur out how to make it stay there! Anyone help? Thank you ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Brooks Pre-format the cell(s) as TEXT or start the entry with an apostrophe. i.e. '01234 These numbers will be entered as text which I assume y...

drop down list in excel #2
is it possible to make a drop down list box bigger? Is it possible to make the drop down list box always start at the first entry in the lst rather then the last one selected? All help appreciated Andy Andy, if you select ONLY the populated cells in your list behind your dropdown, it will start at the top of the list. If you also select a bunch of empty cells, it won't start at the top. Period. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Andy B" <Andy B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01B3F9D8-7EBD-4623-90FA-599975BFBE6D@microsoft.com... ...

Excel column chart
We have a data range per month with 5 possible values. When there are non-zero results for all 5, the columns sit next to each other, which is fine. However I'd like the columns to sit next to each other for only the non-zero values, ie if there only two rows in my data range that have non-zero values, there should be two columns on my chart next to each other with no gaps between them. The range selection is as follows: "=Sheet1!$A$61:$BD$66". In short, I'd like the column chart to ignore the 0 values in the data range and not to plot them or leave a space for them. Hop...

Creating zero's in front of number and after number
I need to create zero's in front of number and after number. For example if the value is 12500. I need to have it look like 000012500000. Please help! -- dyukon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dyukon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30062 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=500660 Format>Cells>Number tab,Custom. In the Type box, enter: 000000000"000" Does the number of digits vary? Is it always 4 zeros in front and 3 at the end? Can it be a text...

Help w/ Getting data from Mac to Windows Outlook!!!
I need help in getting the data from my mac to my windows OUtlook client... On the mac I have my addresses in the Address Book. I exported all of them into a vCard (single file) but Outlook chokes when it imports them. I can do it one by one but that seems like a pain... I also have my calendar entries in iCal. I exported them to a .ics file. Outlook reads it fine but nothing gets imported... I have made sure that the line endings and everything are converted to windows from Mac but no luck... PLEASE HELP... ...

do pictures get sent with Vcard?
when I send a contact that I have that has a picture in it, will the recipient get the picture too, or just the phone #s, addresses, etc.? ...

Need to work with two different decimal separators

Show zero values in specific area
I know it is possible to show zero values in a sheet by ticking "zero values" in options, but I have a situation where zero values should only be shown in certain areas of the sheet. I've tried setting formatting to text and this displays zero values entered, but it plays havoc with the data validation (Decimal greater than or equal to 0). Is there any way I can retain operation of the data validation, but still display zero values in a specific range? -- Ian -- The only way I can think of is to use the option "show zero values"; then in th...

Returning a zero
I have a formula that calculates hours and subtracts .5 hours for lunch. This is the formula: =SUM((C7*24)-(B7*24))-0.5 The problem is, if I don't have a time entered into the respective cells, the total hours always shows as -.5 I would like the total hours to show as zero until time is entered. Thanks! One way: =IF(COUNT(B7:C7)=2,(C7-B7)*24-0.5,0) Note that your SUM() function is superfluous. Another: =IF(COUNT(B7:C7)=2,MOD(C7-B7,1)*24-0.5,0)d which will take into account periods that span midnight. In article <1122392207.178086.176640@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com&...

getting a recurring email that is not spam and no trace of it coming in
A user send himself an email this weekend from home from his comcast account. Since he sent it, he has recieved this email over 30 times. I checked my logs and my Message Tracking, the email only came in one time. Nothing is showing any records of it coming in again or popping up in his inbox. Any idea's? On 19 Dec 2005 11:35:25 -0800, "mgworek" <mgworek@voicetechinc.com> wrote: >A user send himself an email this weekend from home from his comcast >account. Since he sent it, he has recieved this email over 30 times. > >I checked my logs and my Message Track...

To Zero or not to Zero
This is more of a design question about how data should be stored in a table. While importing information from Excel, some records in the same field have zeros and others don't, meaning they are empty. All the fields in question are numeric. So I am looking at an update query to clean up the table and I have two choices. I can enter a null value if it equals zero or a zero value if it equals null. The zero value will make formulas easier, meaning the nz won't be needed, but the size of the table will increase (OK, maybe not that much). On the other hand, the fields are li...

Upgrading Outlook and am Now Not Getting Calendar Reminders
I upgraded to Office 2007 and the reminder popups for Outlook have stopped. I went into the items and confirmed that there are still reminders on the appointments and can't seem to find a setting that would change that option. Any ideas? Try starting Outlook 1 time with the /cleanreminders command line switch. How to: Select Start > Run Type: outlook.exe /cleanreminders OK button "Pamela_Reads" <Pamela_Reads@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:966340CA-CDE9-4C71-8AF2-64C0833C2C1B@microsoft.com... >I upgraded to Office 2007 and the rem...

When I type a ? in my email I get a E'
Anyone know why? Thanks. -- Catrinka ...