Where the cursor starts after clicking no a text box

Hello,

I have tried looking through the other threads but have not seen the answer
to my question. Hopefully someone can help with this today.
I have a simple form I made for a table to collect customer info for a
mailing list. This form is used like a kiosk at trade shows. Anyway, when you
click on any fields that are numbers such as zip codes or phone numbers, the
cursor starts in the text box where you clicked. Is there a way to make the
cursor start on the left side no matter where the user clicked? Please help
ASAP as I have a show tomorrow and am pulling out my hair trying to find an
answer. Thanks!

P.S. I tried clicking on the text to be left aligned in the properties but
that doesn't help. And just for the record, the text fields do not have this
problem, just number fields.

In the on click event of the field insert the code

Me![VariableName].SelStart = 0

with VariableName being whatever you named your text box.

1genxer wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have tried looking through the other threads but have not seen the answer
>to my question. Hopefully someone can help with this today.
>I have a simple form I made for a table to collect customer info for a
>mailing list. This form is used like a kiosk at trade shows. Anyway, when you
>click on any fields that are numbers such as zip codes or phone numbers, the
>cursor starts in the text box where you clicked. Is there a way to make the
>cursor start on the left side no matter where the user clicked? Please help
>ASAP as I have a show tomorrow and am pulling out my hair trying to find an
>answer. Thanks!
>
>P.S. I tried clicking on the text to be left aligned in the properties but
>that doesn't help. And just for the record, the text fields do not have this
>problem, just number fields.

nlburgess
1/4/2008 9:15:42 PM
I was all excited, but it didn't work I am getting an error. It says: "The
expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the
following error: The Object doesn't contain the Automation object 'Me'.

"nlburgess via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> In the on click event of the field insert the code
>
> Me![VariableName].SelStart = 0
>
> with VariableName being whatever you named your text box.
>
> 1genxer wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I have tried looking through the other threads but have not seen the answer
> >to my question. Hopefully someone can help with this today.
> >I have a simple form I made for a table to collect customer info for a
> >mailing list. This form is used like a kiosk at trade shows. Anyway, when you
> >click on any fields that are numbers such as zip codes or phone numbers, the
> >cursor starts in the text box where you clicked. Is there a way to make the
> >cursor start on the left side no matter where the user clicked? Please help
> >ASAP as I have a show tomorrow and am pulling out my hair trying to find an
> >answer. Thanks!
> >
> >P.S. I tried clicking on the text to be left aligned in the properties but
> >that doesn't help. And just for the record, the text fields do not have this
> >problem, just number fields.

The cause of the problem is that the field has a formating mask

IF you can live without that preformating then you can take it out and
it will act like most other fields.

Ron
0
Ron2006
1/4/2008 9:36:11 PM
First, it is NOT a variable, it is a control.  Second, the click event will
not fire every time you enter the control.  The code should be in the
GotFocus Event.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"nlburgess via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> In the on click event of the field insert the code
>
> Me![VariableName].SelStart = 0
>
> with VariableName being whatever you named your text box.
>
> 1genxer wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I have tried looking through the other threads but have not seen the answer
> >to my question. Hopefully someone can help with this today.
> >I have a simple form I made for a table to collect customer info for a
> >mailing list. This form is used like a kiosk at trade shows. Anyway, when you
> >click on any fields that are numbers such as zip codes or phone numbers, the
> >cursor starts in the text box where you clicked. Is there a way to make the
> >cursor start on the left side no matter where the user clicked? Please help
> >ASAP as I have a show tomorrow and am pulling out my hair trying to find an
> >answer. Thanks!
> >
> >P.S. I tried clicking on the text to be left aligned in the properties but
> >that doesn't help. And just for the record, the text fields do not have this
> >problem, just number fields.

"What exactly is a "formating mask" and "preformating?"

Neither formatting nor an Input Mask (I assume this is what Ron means) will
keep .SelStart = 0 from working! The problem, I think, is revealed in the
OP's line

"fields that are numbers such as zip codes or phone numbers"

In fields that are defined as numbers (numerical) the cursor starts from the
right side of the textbox, not the left as it would for a text field. So
using

..SelStart = 0

moves the cursor to the beginning of the textbox, in this case the right side!

The real trouble is that things like telephone "numbers" and Social Security
"numbers" aren't really numbers, and shouldn't be defined as such in the
underlying table! They are text that just happens to be made up entirely of
digits! If you change their datatype to text, the Input Mask and the .
SelStart = 0 both will work.

Only data that is has the possibility of being used in mathematical
calculations should be defined as numerical. Obviously, you would never use
telephone "numbers" or Social Security "numbers" to do math with!

BTW, the .SelStart should always be used when using an Input Mask, otherwise
your data entry people who use the mouse to navigate are apt to waste a lot
of time.

Linq

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq
1/4/2008 9:58:54 PM
On Jan 4, 2:58=A0pm, "Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe>
wrote:
> "What exactly is a "formating mask" and "preformating?"
>
> Neither formatting nor an Input Mask (I assume this is what Ron means) wil=
> keep .SelStart =3D 0 from working! The problem, I think, is revealed in th=
> OP's line
>
> "fields that are numbers such as zip codes or phone numbers"
>
> In fields that are defined as numbers (numerical) the cursor starts from t=
he
> right side of the textbox, not the left as it would for a text field. So
> using
>
> .SelStart =3D 0
>
> moves the cursor to the beginning of the textbox, in this case the right s=
ide!

> The real trouble is that things like telephone "numbers" and Social Securi=
ty
> "numbers" aren't really numbers, and shouldn't be defined as such in the
> underlying table! They are text that just happens to be made up entirely o=
> digits! If you change their datatype to text, the Input Mask and the .
> SelStart =3D 0 both will work.
>
> Only data that is has the possibility of being used in mathematical
> calculations should be defined as numerical. Obviously, you would never us=
> telephone "numbers" or Social Security "numbers" to do math with!
>
> BTW, the .SelStart should always be used when using an Input Mask, otherwi=
se
> your data entry people who use the mouse to navigate are apt to waste a lo=
> of time. =A0
>
> Linq
>
> --
> There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
>
> Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

s.aspx/access-forms/200801/1

The property I was looking for was "Input Mask" which can be in the
table definition and/or the form field definition.

The input mask will cause the cursor to stop at the place where the
mouse enters.

Now as to why the SelStart is not overriding that I have NO IDEA.  I
was just attempting to give an alternate though less stylistic way of
getting around the problem     AND also an explanation of why the
"problem" was there originally.

Ron
0
Ron2006
1/4/2008 10:28:58 PM
Well I tried getting the code into the Got Focus event and I got the same
error.  Any other suggestions? I can always just remove the masks, but really
with the phone numbers I need area codes and people don't always put them in
if not prompted.

"Klatuu" wrote:

> First, it is NOT a variable, it is a control.  Second, the click event will
> not fire every time you enter the control.  The code should be in the
> GotFocus Event.
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "nlburgess via AccessMonster.com" wrote:
>
> > In the on click event of the field insert the code
> >
> > Me![VariableName].SelStart = 0
> >
> > with VariableName being whatever you named your text box.
> >
> > 1genxer wrote:
> > >Hello,
> > >
> > >I have tried looking through the other threads but have not seen the answer
> > >to my question. Hopefully someone can help with this today.
> > >I have a simple form I made for a table to collect customer info for a
> > >mailing list. This form is used like a kiosk at trade shows. Anyway, when you
> > >click on any fields that are numbers such as zip codes or phone numbers, the
> > >cursor starts in the text box where you clicked. Is there a way to make the
> > >cursor start on the left side no matter where the user clicked? Please help
> > >ASAP as I have a show tomorrow and am pulling out my hair trying to find an
> > >answer. Thanks!
> > >
> > >P.S. I tried clicking on the text to be left aligned in the properties but
> > >that doesn't help. And just for the record, the text fields do not have this
> > >problem, just number fields.
> >
> > --

There is a known bug with SP3 that causes problems with formats in controls.
Try removing the formatting and input mask and see if it works.
--

"1genxer" wrote:

> Well I tried getting the code into the Got Focus event and I got the same
> error.  Any other suggestions? I can always just remove the masks, but really
> with the phone numbers I need area codes and people don't always put them in
> if not prompted.
>
> "Klatuu" wrote:
>
> > First, it is NOT a variable, it is a control.  Second, the click event will
> > not fire every time you enter the control.  The code should be in the
> > GotFocus Event.
> > --
> > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "nlburgess via AccessMonster.com" wrote:
> >
> > > In the on click event of the field insert the code
> > >
> > > Me![VariableName].SelStart = 0
> > >
> > > with VariableName being whatever you named your text box.

> > > --

Klatuu:

"Second, the click event will not fire every time you enter the control.  The
code should be in the GotFocus Event."

Actually, you right and you're wrong, Klatuu! Placing the code in the
GotFocus event will have no effect when the textbox is entered by way of
clicking with the mouse! It doesn't make a lot of dince, but we're talking
about Access here! I know this because I've been using this type of code
since ACC2000. It does have to be placed in GotFocus as well, ***unless*** in
Options.- Keyboard - Behavior Entering Field the option is set to "Go to
start of field."

As I stated earlier, I think his problem is because the fields are numerical,
and so the "start" of the field is the right hand side of the textbox, not
the left hand side, as it is for text fields.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq
1/5/2008 1:44:09 AM
Wish we could edit here! Meant to emphasize that the last part

"As I stated earlier, I think his problem is because the fields are numerical,

and so the "start" of the field is the right hand side of the textbox, not
the left hand side, as it is for text fields."

is just a guess! Perhaps it is an SP3 gotcha! God knows there are plenty of
them out there!

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq
1/5/2008 1:57:00 AM
Placing the code in the
> GotFocus event will have no effect when the textbox is entered by way of
> clicking with the mouse

Sorry, that is not correct.  I just did a test on that and clicking in the
text box does fire the Got Focus event.
--

"Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Klatuu:
>
> "Second, the click event will not fire every time you enter the control.  The
> code should be in the GotFocus Event."
>
> Actually, you right and you're wrong, Klatuu! Placing the code in the
> GotFocus event will have no effect when the textbox is entered by way of
> clicking with the mouse! It doesn't make a lot of dince, but we're talking
> about Access here! I know this because I've been using this type of code
> since ACC2000. It does have to be placed in GotFocus as well, ***unless*** in
> Options.- Keyboard - Behavior Entering Field the option is set to "Go to
> start of field."
>
> As I stated earlier, I think his problem is because the fields are numerical,
> and so the "start" of the field is the right hand side of the textbox, not
> the left hand side, as it is for text fields.
>
> --
> There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
>
> Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

What version of Access are you running? It certainly doesn't in
Access2000/2003! Select a textbox and place this code behind it:

Private Sub TextBoxName_GotFocus()
MsgBox "Clicking caused GotFocus to fire!"
End Sub

Run the form and click on the textbox; no messagebox appears!

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq
1/7/2008 3:21:16 PM
I can't comment on what version Dave's using, but I get the message box in
Access 97.

You sure the text box's On Got Focus property is set to [Event Procedure]?

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe> wrote in message
> What version of Access are you running? It certainly doesn't in
> Access2000/2003! Select a textbox and place this code behind it:
>
> Private Sub TextBoxName_GotFocus()
> MsgBox "Clicking caused GotFocus to fire!"
> End Sub
>
> Run the form and click on the textbox; no messagebox appears!

0
Douglas
1/7/2008 3:26:24 PM
Access 2003 SP3, XP Pro.
When I said I had tested it, that is exactly what I did.  The message box
appears when I click on the text box.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> What version of Access are you running? It certainly doesn't in
> Access2000/2003! Select a textbox and place this code behind it:
>
> Private Sub TextBoxName_GotFocus()
> MsgBox "Clicking caused GotFocus to fire!"
> End Sub
>
> Run the form and click on the textbox; no messagebox appears!
>
> --
> There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
>
> Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Access 2003  SP3, XP Pro.

I have used a simiar technique since Ac97 and the GotFocus always fires when
you click on the text box.
--

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> I can't comment on what version Dave's using, but I get the message box in
> Access 97.
>
> You sure the text box's On Got Focus property is set to [Event Procedure]?
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe> wrote in message
> > What version of Access are you running? It certainly doesn't in
> > Access2000/2003! Select a textbox and place this code behind it:
> >
> > Private Sub TextBoxName_GotFocus()
> > MsgBox "Clicking caused GotFocus to fire!"
> > End Sub
> >
> > Run the form and click on the textbox; no messagebox appears!

Curiouser and curiouser!

"You sure the text box's On Got Focus property is set to [Event Procedure]?"

Yes, I always go to the code window thru the Property Box for whatever event
I'm coding, so it's set to [Event Procedure].

Also, I just went back and ran up a form from scratch, placed a textbox on it,
and did the same thing as above, with the same (for me) negative results.
GotFocus didn't fire.

Actually, I did all of this TWICE! Once on my box, running Access 2003, and I
had a friend here with a laptop running Access 2000, same results on his
machine!

As John Walton use to say "Life's a mystery!"

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq

Converting text to uppercase
This is Excel 2000. Cell C2 in a worksheet called 'NOTES' contains '34 West Street, somewhere-in-England' =UPPER ( NOTES!C2 ) is supposed to produce ' 34 WEST STREET, SOMEWHERE-IN-ENGLAND' In fact it gives: #NAME? What is going wrong? Have you spelt UPPER( correctly? There is no space before the open bracket. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 24, 3:53=A0pm, Alan Secker <a...@asandco.co.uk> wrote: > This is Excel 2000. Cell C2 in a worksheet called 'NOTES' > > contains '34 West Street, somewhere-in-England' > > =3DUPPER ( NOTES!...

Check box to click on in excel or word
I am needing to add a shadow outlined box that you can click on in a document in either word or excel. I did it in the old excel but I'm having difficulty in the new Microsoft Office. The old and the new Office?...which versions would that be...nevermind...actually you should ask this in an Excel newsgroup this one is for Publisher (a desktop publishing program). -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "ThePools" <ThePools@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24A86070-537B-404A-A39B-CFC06CAECBA0@microsoft.c...

Returning cursor to first cell, next line down
I am using a handheld scanner to record asset/serial numbers of hard ware. I scan 4 cells worth of data (across) and I would like to find a shortcut or macro to return the cursor to first cell, next line down. Any ideas ?? I have scoured the Excel help on the web etc. with no luck. I am using Excel 2000. Jeff Make sure you save a copy of the file to try this as I am not sure what else you are doing... right click on the sheet tab and select 'View Code' and paste the code in the window that pops up. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersec...

Displaying Message from event sink to Edit control in dialog box
Hai I am working on FTP Software using MFC and i have to write the ftp server request and response to tracer window. The server request and response were caught by Eventsink and i donot know how to pass this text to edit control in dialog box which is another class. Here is coding of Event Sink / EventSink.cpp : implementation file // #include "stdafx.h" #include "RoboFTPClient.h" #include "RoboFTPClientDlg.h" #include "Eventsink.h" #ifdef _DEBUG #define new DEBUG_NEW #undef THIS_FILE static char THIS_FILE[] = __FILE__; #endif extern long gnResult...

Starting Outlook #8
I have a hotmail account, but want to use the outlook program for my Hotmail email. Is this possible, and how do I configure the system to do it? -- sdj Your hotmail account must be a POP3 type of account, i.e., paid account. "sdemetor@hotmail.com" <thomjoad512@aol.com> wrote in message news:43439AC7-76C4-476A-8912-B5B023CE47FA@microsoft.com... >I have a hotmail account, but want to use the outlook program for my >Hotmail > email. Is this possible, and how do I configure the system to do it? > -- > sdj Chuck Davis <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com...

Showing all data in tabular form boxes
I have a columnar form with tabular subform. The data was all imported from Works and therefore some of the fields have a great deal of data. In the tabular subform I would like to keep the boxes with just first row of data; i.e. small, but be able to show all the data in a separate box elsewhere should it be wanted. I would be really appreciative if someone could come up with a suggestion as to how this could be done. Sadie Move the cursor to the text box and press SHIFT + F2 and see if that will do what you want. Peter Hibbs. On Thu, 17 May 2007 03:20:01 -0700, Sadie <Sadie@...

MS Excel Combo Box
I currently have a Combo Box which have drop down numbers, 1-5. I would know like to select any one of the five and it should be displayed in the required cell. Is this possible and how? Link a cell to the combobox. If it is a forms toolbar combo, right-click it and select Format Control, select the Control tab and define the cell there. If it is a control toolbar combo, go to design mode (the blue-green triangle button), double-click the control which takes you into the VBIDE. make sure the properties window is open (F4), and set the LinkedCell property. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove n...

Start up hang-ups
When starting up Windows/XP with any user in the system brings up the user page but hangs. The disk is running something. The internet modem is always disabled. I bring up the task manager and I am in idle 99% with no visible processes running. I select shut down and get two messages. The first is ccSvcHst running and it won't close, so I end it. The second in exployer.exe and I also have to force it to end. Rebot and everything is ok that day. BBQ wrote: > When starting up Windows/XP with any user in the system brings up the user > page but hangs. The disk is runnin...

Using Adobe starts trying to load publisher
Start Adobe Publisher tries to Reload itself. If I shut Publisher two or three Adobe is able to load up and display. A pesty little problem. ...

change font in a forms control combo box
Am trying to change font in a combo box in Excel 2003 but cant figure out how to. The font appears to be a default size and style regardless of how large I make the combo box. I have canged the size of font in the linked list but this does not work. Any help welcomed. I suspect you are trying to use a combobox from the 'forms' toolbar. The font in these is fixed. If you use the 'controls' toolbox you will get an activeX control in which you can change the font attributes. You also used the 'linkedcell' property and 'ListFillRange' to fill and dis...

Clicking on report
Hi, Can i click on the report so that a pop-up data of the record that i just click appear? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com "Benjamins via AccessMonster.com" <u39077@uwe> wrote in message news:7f13293dc228a@uwe... > > Can i click on the report so that a pop-up data of the record that i just > click appear? In Access 2007, reports have a new view (called Report view) that allows for this kind of thing. You can't do that in other views, so not in previous versions. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Acces...

Pulsating Cursor #2
Can someone tell my how to eliminate the on - off pulsating which occurs when my cursor is in either of the Address Windows and the Subject Window of a new message? I am not speaking about the Insertion Point, which should be pulsating, but does not interfere with my typing. Thank you, Bernie Beal. Bernie I think this would be best posted in an Outlook Express news group since that is the news reader you are using for this posting. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 14:29:54 -0500, "Bernie Beal" <bquest@optonline.net> wrote: >Can someone tell my how to elimi...

How do I have numbers (1,234) show as text (A,BCD) for coded costi
I would like to display certain columns of numbers as coded in text, rather than the numbers that they are. Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html >-----Original Message----- >I would like to display certain columns of numbers as coded in text, rather >than the numbers that they are. >. > ...

enter data in cell but cannot save until click off cell in excel
When I enter values into a cell in Office 2003 I cannot click the save button to save the change until I click on another cell that I have not modified. This funcion used to work but has not for the last week. Can anyone help me? When you edit a cell, Excel is in Edit Mode, and many functions, such as Save, are disabled. Simply press Enter after typing in a cell and you should get full functionality back. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "T70McCains" <T70McCains@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

link employee start date to accrual schedule
Employees earn different accruals depending on their start date - It would be helpful is Great Plains looked at the start date and then updated to the propoer accrual schedule. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/...

Cursor flickers
Hi, I change the Cursor of my mouse in WM_SETCURSOR handler. That doesn't cause any flicker in XP, but causes a flicker in 98. Moreover the flicker is strange, I don't see the arrow cursor in between, It is just that my new cursor disappears for a few (fraction of) seconds, before reappearing. Any idea ? Thanks, sath I tend to work in the model of HCURSOR cur = GetCursor(); if(cur != desired) { SetCursor(desired); cur = desired; } which minimized flicker. The problem with SetCursor is that it &qu...

Setting cursor for Disabled Button
Hi I have created a custom button control class derived from CButton. Everything works fine. I want to change the cursor of control when it is in disabled stated. I am handling WM_ENABLE message to handle changing the cursor. I set my custom cursor there. but it has no effect. Am I doing something wrong. -- Best regards Shrishail Rana >I have created a custom button control class derived from CButton. >Everything works fine. I want to change the cursor of control when it is in >disabled stated. I am handling WM_ENABLE message to handle changing the >cursor. I set ...

Excel
I have 2 sets of data - Table A name date Start # End# Price Qty DDA 3/1/2007 100 150 $75.00 4 DDA 3/1/2007 151 200 $45.00 4 DDA 3/1/2007 201 250 $25.00 4 DDA 8/1/2007 251 300 $90.00 8 DDA 8/1/2007 301 350 $20.00 9 BBD 8/1/2007 351 400 $55.00 21 BBD 8/1/2007 401 450 $58.00 54 BBD 7/7/2008 451 500 $60.00 28 BBD 7/7/2008 500 550 $74.00 9 and Table B Name1 Date1 Number DDA 3/1/2007 115 DDA 3/1/2007 121 DDA 8/1/2007 254 DDA 8/1/2007 345 DDA 3/1/2008 388 BBD 8/1/2007 229 BBD 7/7/2008 458 DDA 3/1/2007 298 BBD 7/7/2008 508 I am trying to write a lookup function that will tell me...

mailto syntax for text to display
I am successfully using the following: - Private Sub lblFeedback_Click() Link = "mailto:user@domain.com?subject=Subject" On Error GoTo NoCanDo ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=Link, NewWindow:=True Exit Sub NoCanDo: MsgBox "Cannot open " & Link End Sub Is it possible to hide the email address and put e.g. "ADMIN" with something similar to the text to display used in the Outlook address book? Not that I know of. Why not protect the VBAProject? http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/protect-vba-code.htm -- Regards ...

Cursor
Why is my cursor jumping all over the page and putting in the letters at places not designated? Annoying. Laptop? Disable the touchpad or reduce its sensitivity. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "susansjk@hotmail.com" <susansjk@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF344F8E-7805-476F-A13B-FCC32D0A75C4@microsoft.com... > Why is my cursor jumping all over the page and putting in the letters at > places not designated? Annoying. ...

Vlookup,format general, format text
Hi, I am having a pull the hair out problem with excel. I have a workbook that I use vlookup to get data from a datasheet in the same workbook. The data is a combination of text and numbers and text and numbers combined. Excel sometimes returns the values I want and sometimes doesn't. Sometimes I have to format the data as text and vlookup will work and sometimes not. Then I switch the data to general and it will work and sometimes not. This is extremely frustrating. Now I have a few cells that will not return anything but N/A no matter what format I have it in. I know that that dat...

About Cursor
Hi, I create two views using splitter window in MFC, while the left one is used to set options and the right one draw the scene according to the command of the left one with openGL. Now I want the cursor of the mouse is visial in the left view and unvisial in the right one.That means when the cursor falls in the rect of the right view it disapeared and in other field it works all right! How can i do that? Have any ideas? Thanks! Probably the simplest way is to have an OnSetCursor handler in the RH window and do a SetCusor(NULL) to hide the cursor. joe On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 09:44:27 +080...

Protecting sheets with drop down boxes
I have an excel spreadsheet that has drop down boxes and formulas. I want to be able to protect this spreadsheet so that other user will not delete my formulas. I password protected the spreadsheet, however, when this sheet is protected i am not able to select from the drop down list. Is there a macro that I can incorporate into my worksheet that would help me with this problem. If so, can you please give me the codes needed? Thanks. Unlock the cells that have the data validation. -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your f...

Cursor disappears 11-25-09
Today installed Office 2010 Beta. Am running Windows 7. While using Word from this suite (which I understand is actually Word 2007), if I hold down the spacebar the cursor disappears while it is advancing. I can't tell where it is until I release the spacebar. Very troublesome and I can't find a way to fix it. -- meamjw Word in Office 2010 is Word 2010, but its behaviour in this regard is the same as it was in 2007, which was a change from earlier versions. The cursor does not disappear, but it does not stop flashing and, so, is not always visible. If you must do ...

Formatting a Sentence With TEXT Function
I have what is essentially a simple formatting question that involves combining a TEXT function within a sentence. Before I get to my question I ought to provide some context. I built a table that uses VLOOKUP to list the number of cases sold by month.Then I need to show the net difference in cases sold between the current month and the same month a year ago. The table works fine. My problem lies in building a sentence that states this difference. The heart of the problem is that forces beyond my control insist that the difference in the number of cases be expressed as XXXk rather...