I have a working Access 2007 Application which is now failing miserably in
2010.  It hinges on location the first available working document in a table
runing the following VBA code:
With Me.Recordset
        .FindFirst "([fld1] + [fld2]) = 0"
        If .NoMatch Then
          .FindLast "([fdl1] + [fld2]) <> 0"
          Exit Sub
        End If
....  FURTHER PROCESSING ...

What must I do to correct this? Go through a record by record search?
End With
In 2007, this works correctly, stopping at the appropriate record (approc.
rec 1385 in the recordset). In 2010, it stops at record 79

On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 15:58:01 -0800, Dadders
<Dadders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

What are the values of fld1 and fld2 in both scenarios?

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>I have a working Access 2007 Application which is now failing miserably in
>2010.  It hinges on location the first available working document in a table
>runing the following VBA code:
>With Me.Recordset
>        .FindFirst "([fld1] + [fld2]) = 0"
>        If .NoMatch Then
>          .FindLast "([fdl1] + [fld2]) <> 0"
>          Exit Sub
>        End If
>...  FURTHER PROCESSING ...
>
>What must I do to correct this? Go through a record by record search?
>End With
>In 2007, this works correctly, stopping at the appropriate record (approc.
>rec 1385 in the recordset). In 2010, it stops at record 79
0
Tom
12/6/2009 3:17:15 AM
"Dadders" <Dadders@discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na mensagem
>I have a working Access 2007 Application which is now failing miserably in
> 2010.  It hinges on location the first available working document in a
> table
> runing the following VBA code:
> With Me.Recordset
>        .FindFirst "([fld1] + [fld2]) = 0"
>        If .NoMatch Then
>          .FindLast "([fdl1] + [fld2]) <> 0"
>          Exit Sub
>        End If
> ...  FURTHER PROCESSING ...
>
> What must I do to correct this? Go through a record by record search?
> End With
> In 2007, this works correctly, stopping at the appropriate record (approc.
> rec 1385 in the recordset). In 2010, it stops at record 79

0
silvinha

Does this happen to you?
For my Suppliers, I have item numbers set up, when I try and input them into a Purchase Order, the item is missing...there is no item number, and no item... I have to close the Add Item box, and click on Quick Scan to find the item...then it's there, and when I add it, it shows the item number and everything... I am running the latest version as well!!! -- Thank You Vince :) ...

How many function arguments on stack?
Is it possible to tell how many arguments there are on the stack. I want to use the ... elipses thing with out having to pass in a concluding argument. I cant find any information on visual C++ / MFC and how arguments are placed on the stack. If any one knows of any good web sites regarding this i'd like to know. thanks search the vs help for 'varargs' and 'va_arg', 'va_end', 'va_start'. that should give you a start. "milpool" <davidsprice@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uzzTppN$EHA.3596@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is it possible...

route to recipient function not working with Windows7
We have many Excel spreadsheets that utilize the "route to recipient" function. (This is one reason why we are not upgrading to Office 2007 as this functionality was removed from Office 2007). I have a Windows 7 professional machine that has Office 2003 installed, and when you click on "route to recipient", it does not open the address book. Is there something about Windows 7 that causes this not to function? Is there a workaround for this? This was a clean install (not an upgrade) of both Windows 7 and Office 2003. ...

Why does it happen?
The following is my code: *********************************** CFile xmlFile; CFileException e; if( !myFile.Open( "test.txt", CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeWrite, &e ) ) { myFile.SeekToBegin(); CString sContent = "abc"; myFile.Write(LPCTSTR(sContent), sContent.GetLength()); myFile.Close(); } ************************************* I open the file using UltraEdit in HEX mode, and found the result: every character is followed by "00"(two zeros). Why? In addition, my OS is a Chinese version of XP. Any help would be appreciate. "mizi" <all@ywzc.n...

User Access Error 02-06-04
Hi There, I've created user accounts in the MSCRM server. When trying to access the website from a client PC, after entering username, password and domain to login, the following error message appears: User Access Error ----------------- The system could not log you on. This could be because: you are not a Microsoft CRM user, your user record has been disabled in the sytem, you have not been assigned any security roles, or you have not been assigned a license. For more information, contact your system adminstrator. My question: How do you create a CRM user account? I thought...

Subtraction Function using cells with other functions in them
I am running a decreasing balance in a column. It is a chart tracking 12 months top to bottom. I have the functions set as such. For Example, in CELL D11, I have the following function: =IF(D10="","",D9-D10). I used "" because D10 has a function in it. So I only want excel to do the math if D10 actually has a number in it, even if that number is zero. The IF function noted above repeats down the column 12 times. Lets say in May when I enter data elsewhere, D10 gets a value from ITS function and then D11 gets a value from ITS function. Al...

query timing out. how do you stop this from happening?
What can be done to keep a querie from constantly timing out? Almost all my queries and functions are doing this lately as my database grows. Any advice on this is very much welcome. Thanks, MC -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200705/1 ...

What happened to GM?
Is it true: As goes GM, so goes the country? Now, I know someone in this ng (newsgroup) has independent entrepreneurial skills! I don't care what you say, this thing has been building for at least the last 30 years. Management vs. Labor. Once they finally solved that problem, it was back to business as usual. That would be? Building shoty products and inventory that barely passed as equal to the superior international auto makers. To be honest, the cars didn't even come close to the quality, that the Internationals were or are producing. One good thing can come of this though. ...

Access And Tablet PC
Do you know if I can program Access to recognize hand writting? Do you know of good resources (libraries, sample apps, documentation to program Access on the tablet?) Thank you I think Access 2007 probably already supports handwriting. -Amy <hl383@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:093bd4d6-cb38-4871-9cf9-d51fe399cdce@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Do you know if I can program Access to recognize hand writting? Do > you know of good resources (libraries, sample apps, documentation to > program Access on the tablet?) > > Thank you When a couple of the guys in...

Strange Happenings
Windows XP Pro clients (2) running Office XP Pro on Exchange server 5.5 When one sends an email it can take up to 3 hours to get to the others inbox, UNLESS you switch views, say go to calendar and then back again and hey presto it works. People using Win2000 Pro and Office 2000 Pro get the email straight away. It seems crazy that it should not show up immediatly like the old NT clinets did on the NT server system. Got me baffled. Anyone know of a solution? -- SP1 for Fun, Jaguar for Comfort. BOTAFOT #148 ...

access 2007 run time
Does anyone knows when will be available. My app are in Acc 2002, and they don't work on Vista unless I convert them to 2007. Running Access 2007 in Runtime Mode: http://blogs.msdn.com/access/archive/2007/03/26/running-access-2007-in-runtime-mode.aspx HTH Vlado "Munteanu Gabriel" <softdata@softdata.ro> p�se v diskusn�m pr�spevku news:EB858512-90BA-4ED2-9E27-CC57FEEF6FA3@microsoft.com... > Does anyone knows when will be available. > My app are in Acc 2002, and they don't work on Vista unless I convert them > to 2007. "Munteanu Gabriel" <...

What does it happen?
Hello all: I create a single document and the class view is derived from CListView using AppWizard,and now I want to know the message LVN_GETDISPINFO and what does it happen?thank you. Take a look at this article: http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/virtuallist.asp Tom "Lee Tow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:e8yCVl8MGHA.3888@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello all: > I create a single document and the class view is derived > from CListView using AppWizard,and now I want to know the message > LVN_GETDISPINFO and what does it happen?thank you...

VBA Dir () function
Hi every one, I use the following code to find and populate a combobox with *.ppt files myfile=Dir(file pathe\+"*.ppt") but this return not only *.ppt file but also *.pptx file ! Anything I'm missing here? Thanks for help. -- Best regards, Edward I believe that is by default. because you used *.ppt it will return all files where the file extension begins with ppt. -- Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint "Edward" <Edward@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CAEDF5E-0C71-443B-9F25-DB163C2739DC@microsoft.com... > Hi e...

Whatever happened to Open command for attachments?
With Outlook 6 now, when I doubleclick an attachment, I only get choices to Save to Disk or Cancel. What happened to Open? I used to get Open as an option. Thanks "John E." said in news:jnhhc.24644$G_.11025@nwrddc02.gnilink.net: > With Outlook 6 now, when I doubleclick an attachment, I only get > choices to Save to Disk or Cancel. What happened to Open? I used to > get Open as an option. > Thanks You need to save the file first. Open actually saved the file but then immediately executed it (if executable; otherwise, it tried to find whatever program was associate...

What is Access exactly
Is it a database? I've never used one before but would like to learn. But I'm a newbie when it comes to this, so forgive me if it's a dumb question.-- - Mama Bear Access is a relational database product. It comes with a sample database called "northwind" that lets you see some of the capabilities. There are many other templates on the Microsoft website.-- Rick B"Big Mama Bear" <BigMamaBear@No-Spam.noo> wrote in message news:Xns98EB95D1D31D6Mama@207.46.248.16...> Is it a database? I've never used one before but would like to learn. But> I'm ...

Restricting OWA access to FE servers only
I am using Exchange 2003. I have FE servers setup with SSL and FBA. However, several os my users have figured out that they can go directly to the BE servers. I would like to restrict OWA access to FE servers only. I tried to configure the Default Web Site in IIS on the BE server to allow access to FE servers only. It appeared to work but I found out later that it broke several other things. I have two questions 1. What Exchange 2003 services are using the IIS service other than OWA and RPC over HTTP (which I am not using currently) 2. What is the correct configuration for accomplishing my g...

Question about IF function
I would like to have every cell in column A that has value of "0.00" be changed to "NO" and every cell that is > 0.00 to have number values changed to "YES". What would the formula be? Thanks in advance. Not sure why you're thinking IF() function. If you just want to display "YES" or "NO", choose Format/Cells/Number/Custom and enter: "YES";;"NO";@ Otherwise In article <12750bd4-e150-4c25-92ca-2b06e540f525@t3g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>, excel_21 <lin.jeff.21@gmail.com> wrote: > I would like...

Vlookup Function Cell shading
I would like to use a vlookup function to pull cell shading as part o the results. Is this possible? We have a database that uses colors t signify status of accounts and would like this to pull into anothe sheet that uses vlookup. Thanks for any help -- waldersh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- waldersha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2646 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39727 Maybe you could use conditional formatting to shade the cells? Say that one of the valu...

How can I make graphics in Access?
I want to have reports have shows me some graphics. Is it possible? How? Regards, Marco Could you give me an exemple? Regards, Marco "Klatuu" wrote: > Yes > -- > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP > > > "Marco" wrote: > > > I want to have reports have shows me some graphics. Is it possible? > > > > How? > > > > > > > > Regards, > > Marco > Could you give me an exemple? The Northwind database has some reports with images (such as the "Invoice" if my memory serves). -Kris ...

Archive function is missing from File Menu
Recently upgraded to MS Office Professional 2007, which included Outlook 2007. Lenovo laptop running XP SP3. Previously running Outlook 2003. The Archive function is missing from the File menu. I can set the AutoArchive parameters under Tools > Options, but regardless of having AutoArchive enabled or disabled, the menu option to Archive is not on the pull-down menu. I am stumped, and all online (Google or forums) references seem to only refer to troubleshooting for people setting up and running AutoArchive. I can provide a screenshot of the File menu expanded if required. &...

Address books not accessable from "To" CC" or "BCC" boxes
I can't seem to access my adress books from the address area of a new e-mail. I ahve tried to go to the address bock anc acct. setting under the "tools' but to no avail. It shows the "Outlook Address book" there and won't let me add it. Also, when I go to the respective tabs for each of my address books the box to "show address books" is grayed out. -- BC60 If you have Contacts in the Contacts folder but they are not accessible when you click on the To button, check these settings: Make sure the Contact folder is enabled as an email a...

Access Data Entry Question
Data entry question in Access: Assume you have three columns: One, Two, and Three When column One = A and Column Two = B, is it possible to auto populate column Three with C? My real life example of what I am trying to do is… I enter grocery products into a database and then categorize them. So we products that repeat themselves, like Lean Cuisine Frozen Single Serve Entrees. I first enter Lean Cuisine, and then Frozen, and then Frozen Single-Serve. I’m would like to save a couple key strokes and have it auto populate the last one or two fields. So every time I enter Lean Cuisin...

Stencil for Sequential Functional Chart (SFC)
I'm looking for a SFC Stencil. Does anybody help me? Thanks a lot Mosca ___________________________ D.I.A. S.r.l. Development In Automation Robot Division Via Pavesi, 26 29100 Piacenza, ITALY Tel. +39 523 497083 Fax. +39 523 487875 ...

Connection Filtering
Hi all I am looking at connection filtering for spam blocking. What happens if you specify one RBL provider (I intend to start with Spamhaus) and that site, or access to it, becomes unavailable? Also, there is some reference to e-mail servers configured as dial up accounts being blocked using this method. Does this mean that dial up accounts are generally blocked by default? TIA Phil Hi, If the RBL is down all mail is allowed, so use more than one RBL. Some RBL lists blacklists dial up, DSL and other end user ip's, if you use those lists you will block dial up mail servers. They a...

MSN StockQuote Function
Hi, I was happily using the MSNStockQuote function with Excel 2002 but had my machine upgraded to Excel 2003 -- it now no longer works as it seems that I cannot install the Add- in that seems only good for Excel 2002. Trying the install only gives a "can't install" error as I don't have any Office 2000 files...but I'm on Office 2003! Any help would be greatfully appreciated! Tom ...