What event when I click the record selector

I have some labels on the form would like to populate its value (they are
calculated values) when I select the record selector, next, previous or last
or first.

What event should I write the code into?

0
Alan

On Tue, 22 May 2007 11:01:23 +1000, "Alan T" <alanpltseNOSPAM@yahoo.com.au>
wrote:

>I have some labels on the form would like to populate its value (they are
>calculated values) when I select the record selector, next, previous or last
>or first.
>
>What event should I write the code into?

Well, don't use Labels for this purpose; use textboxes instead, with their
Control Source set to the expression. Doing so will display the calculated
value with no code at all.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
5/22/2007 1:36:55 AM
Hi,
My calculated fields do not exists in the table, I need to calculate on the
fly.
So I cannot link the text box/label to the recordset.

> On Tue, 22 May 2007 11:01:23 +1000, "Alan T"
> <alanpltseNOSPAM@yahoo.com.au>
> wrote:
>
>>I have some labels on the form would like to populate its value (they are
>>calculated values) when I select the record selector, next, previous or
>>last
>>or first.
>>
>>What event should I write the code into?
>>

> Well, don't use Labels for this purpose; use textboxes instead, with their
> Control Source set to the expression. Doing so will display the calculated
> value with no code at all.
>
>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
Alan
5/22/2007 6:55:24 AM
Alan T wrote:
> Hi,
> My calculated fields do not exists in the table, I need to calculate
> on the fly.
> So I cannot link the text box/label to the recordset.

That is not what John suggested.  A TextBox can have an expression as its
ControlSource and thus display a value that has nothing to do with the form's
RecordSource.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

0
Rick
5/22/2007 11:47:00 AM
On Tue, 22 May 2007 16:55:24 +1000, "Alan T" <alanpltseNOSPAM@yahoo.com.au>
wrote:

>My calculated fields do not exists in the table, I need to calculate on the
>fly.

Then do so.

You can set the Control Source of a textbox to

=(([FieldA] + [FieldB]) / IIF([FieldC] > [FieldD], [FieldC], [FieldD])

or any other expression that you choose.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
5/23/2007 3:00:40 AM
I understand it but my calculated fields depends on fields of other tables.
I need to run a query may have a SUM(..) in the SELECT part.

> On Tue, 22 May 2007 16:55:24 +1000, "Alan T"
> <alanpltseNOSPAM@yahoo.com.au>
> wrote:
>
>>My calculated fields do not exists in the table, I need to calculate on
>>the
>>fly.
>
> Then do so.
>
> You can set the Control Source of a textbox to
>
> =(([FieldA] + [FieldB]) / IIF([FieldC] > [FieldD], [FieldC], [FieldD])
>
> or any other expression that you choose.
>
>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
Alan
5/28/2007 2:53:27 AM
On Mon, 28 May 2007 12:53:27 +1000, "Alan T" <alanpltseNOSPAM@yahoo.com.au>
wrote:

>I understand it but my calculated fields depends on fields of other tables.
>I need to run a query may have a SUM(..) in the SELECT part.

You can use the builtin DSum() function, or create a stored query and use
DLookUp to retrieve a value from that query. You don't say anything about the
nature of the calculation so I really can't be much help other than that!

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

OnLoad event criteria
If have the code below in the OnLoad event which is working fine for the most part. The second line is causing a problem for cases where there is no matching record. The code is setting the value - I'd like to have it check the value first, and if it matches the value for the related field in the current form recordset, set the value, otherwise just open the form without setting the value. If CurrentProject.AllForms("AllOpen").IsLoaded Then Me.Combo1 = Forms!AllOpen!ID ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object Set rs ...

Printing Private events/appts. on Calendars
A while ago I asked about how to stop Outlook printing private appointments or events in the calendars. Someone said to check "don't print private events" in the print screen which I did. Anyway, the calendar that gets printed, in the day that there is a private event it says "Private Event". How do I stop it from printing them altogether? I want it to appear on the calendar as nothing. ie. if there is only that event then the calendar should appear with no events for that day. Thanks ...

Outlook Express hang up when I click on Inbox.
Hello! Please somebody give me the solution in Outlook Express when I click on Inbox Outlook Express is not responding. Regards, Jitendra Jadav. Jitendra <jitendrajadav.edp@sahajanand.co.in> wrote: > Please somebody give me the solution in Outlook > Express when I click on Inbox Outlook Express is not > responding. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Pivot Table
I have a pivot table that is doing something strange. When I double click a data point in the table, to bring through on a new spreadsheet the relevant data to to that clicked through data point, all of the numbers (in every column which contains numbers) on the new worksheet are formatted as dollars, even though on the original worksheet containing the data, those numbers are not formatted as dollars, but rather formatted as general. The data in the pivot table are not formatted as dollars. The source data are not formatted as dollars (except for just one column). Why would the click through...

Error in Event Viewer event id 1023 pop3 connector, 1029, 1036, 10
Hello Exchange Administrators, I am getting these Error in Event Viewer "event id 1023 pop3 connector, 1029, 1036, 1015, 1019, 1015" on regular basis after every 15 min for every user. I need yours help to fix these errors. Also tell me why these error are logged in event viewer or cause of these errors We are using WIndoes 2003 SBS, Exchange Server 2003. Thanks you for yours help in advance. On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 11:11:01 -0700, Guri <Guri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello Exchange Administrators, > >I am getting these Error in Event Viewer "event id 1...

Outlook 2000 locks up when clicking on a link
I have Outlook 2000 and jst started experiencing this problem. Whenever I click on a link in any email Outlook freezes up instantly. I have to task manager out of it. I also have spambayes and Panda installed. I also downloaded Mozilla but did not elect to use it's email handling. Are any of these causing the conflict or perhaps some security settings? Thanks Anyone?? ...

deleting events in calender
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I have inadvertently imported a weekly event into my calender. Each event seems to be logged as an individual event rather than a repeat event. I do not know how to delete it. Am trying, unsuccessfully, to show all events in one window so that I can easily select this irrelevant event, but cant display that window. Can you help me, either showing that elusive window, or how to otherwise delete MANY events. In article <59bb30c6.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, <leaest@officeformac.com> w...

Catch click event button
Hi all, I was wondering... Is it possible to "catch" a click-event on a BuildIn Offie Button? In order to execute your own VBA-code? e.g. I want to be able to catch the "Undo" button in order to execute a piece of macro code in stead of just "Undoing" only the last action. Greetz, Bert -- Neron It is possible to catch ("intercept") most built-in Word commands, as described at http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/InterceptSavePrint.htm. In this case, the macro you need to write is named EditUndo, as in Public Sub E...

Selecting records within a date range
What would be the proper expression to display records only between a specific date range? <#12/31/2006# Or >#1/1/2008# in the criteria field isn't filtering the data. Between #12/31/2006# and #1/1/2008# That should return any records including those dates; however if the January 1, 2008 date also has any time stored in it, those records won't show. Something like below will work: Between #12/31/2006# and #1/1/2008# + .99999 -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Kristibaer" wrote: > What ...

4117 Event ID Error
Starting 1-29-04 we started getting 4117 error messages just like those discussed in Micrisoft's Knowledge Base Article 190084. The only thing that arcticle suggests is to update to SP 4 which is already installed on the machine. I have never seen this message before and now we are getting one every few minutes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Sean Seems like you have something else going on then, check out the following articles and see if these help: 126497 XADM: Limiting the Number of Recipients of a Message http://support.microsoft.com/?id=126497 230250 XFOR: Internet ...

Event
I have recorded a macro that I need to automatically run at 6:45am daily. How do I specify this in the code? Everything you need to know about OnTime procedures (but were afraid to ask): http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm You'll need to have excel running for this to work. ===== Some versions of windows have scheduler programs. (Or you can get a freeware/shareware version on the web (www.shareware.com is where I look first.) Then you could have that scheduling program start an excel workbook. If you name the macro Auto_Open, then it'll run when the workbook opens. (But ...

Event After the sale
Hi to all Is any way to bypass the event that after you complete the sale you get a window with the change in it, in order to go to the next sale you have either hit OK or enter because if you scan an item from that point it does not scan in and it appears to me that you can miss an item from been scanned in any way to fix this issue. Also if you have scan several items into the system and you go to del one item in the middle of the page RMS is loosing its focus and starts to scan into the next line down which deletes the items that have been scanned.I think it should go to the next ...

What event when I click the record selector
I have some labels on the form would like to populate its value (they are calculated values) when I select the record selector, next, previous or last or first. What event should I write the code into? On Tue, 22 May 2007 11:01:23 +1000, "Alan T" <alanpltseNOSPAM@yahoo.com.au> wrote: >I have some labels on the form would like to populate its value (they are >calculated values) when I select the record selector, next, previous or last >or first. > >What event should I write the code into? > Well, don't use Labels for this purpose; use textboxes ...

Read Permission for Record Creator
Let me know how can I assign permission to users for see activity or others records which created by themselves,meanwhile may be this records assigned to another users and their owner is chaned? -- Mohsen Ahmadi This can be controlled by a system setting, but it controls all records. There is a setting that allows a share to be granted to the owner of the reocrd when it is is re-assigned. As I said though, this will affect all records. The other option would be to implement something via a calloutto generate the share fro you. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Mohsen"...

Recurring event
Is there a way to set a meeting date and have it recurring each month, but not on a certain week or certain date of each month. My meeting happens on a Thursday in each month but not every 2nd, 3rd or 4th Thursday. Some months it is the 3rd Thursday and some it is the 4th Thursday. ...

Can I put a form with merged info
In Publisher 2003, I created a Education / Training Card (size 3.37 x 4.37). I am merging information into these cards from an Excel file. I have completed my merge and want to print the cards. The only options I am finding is to print 4 copies of the same record on an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper or print 1 copy of 1 record per 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. I want to put 4 different records on an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. Please let me know what setting I need to change. L. Fisher You have to have one card on your screen. In page setup, custom, input your dimensions and orientation. Your b...

Events, dear boy, events #3
Aha I pasted: Application.EnableEvents = true into the immediate window and now the code is working. I don't have an code that would have turned it off in the first place, however. Coul this be a default setting somewhere, or is just one of those thing that can happen now and then? Anyway, thanks for the solution, Bo -- Gromi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Gromit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=92 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27721 Just a guess. If you turn...

Posting events to the event viewer.
I've been using a particular method to post program events to the event viewer. It works, but there is an issue that is driving me crazy. Perhaps there is a better way or different way to accomplish what I am doing. 1) My events are listed in a file I call EventLog.mc. The events are in this file using a particular syntax. 2) Right after creating the file for the first time, or if I change the file, I run the event log compiler. by doing "mc.exe EventLog -d". This process creates a file called "EventLog.rc". 3) I directly edit my program's main .rc file. Nea...

reading win 7 event logs
Thanks in advance for your help. I have an app that reads my xp logs and posts them to a central database using WMI. I understand that has changed in win 7. Can anyone out there steer me in the right direction to read the win 7 logs? Thanks. hi Lance, On 06.05.2010 22:29, Lance McGonigal wrote: > I have an app that reads my xp logs and posts them to a central database > using WMI. > I understand that has changed in win 7. Can anyone out there steer me in > the right direction to read the win 7 logs? Not that I know. Neither WMI http://msdn.microsoft....

how to automatically update "subject" by clicking and draging item
Just upgraded to Outlook 2003. Previously, I was able to automatically update the "subject" field, when cliking/dragging and dropping an item into a group. Now I can't do this anymore. That feature is broken in OL2003. It works for other fields, but no longer for Subject. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Laurent Bodard" <Laurent Bodard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF37D1B5-F684-4A25-9D...

Call Event from Subform
I've figured out how to execute a sub on a subform initiated on the form. [Forms]![Contacts]![ContactsAddresses].Form.btnSave_Click I can't for the life of me figure out how to do the opposite. To execute a sub on the form called from the subform. When I do a search it always talks about controls, not subroutines. Can someone please help! On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 17:50:01 -0800, PeterM <PeterM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Me.Parent.myPublicProcedure Note that the procedure must be public. Click events are Private by default, but you can simply...

Event 9582
We are using Exchange 2000 with SP3 on Windows 2000 Server Std. We had to upgrade the memory in the server from 2GB to 4GB for another application. We have the following error every hour in the Application log: Event type: Warning Event source: Microsoft Exchange IS Event category: Performance Event ID: 9582 Description: The virtual memory necessary to run your Exchange server is fragmented in such a way that performance may be affected. It is highly recommended that you restart all Exchange services to correct this issue. These events keep appearing once every hour in my Event viewer log. D...

digital voice recorder w/software
From: "ept" <ept@prodigy.net> Subject: Looking for a digital voice recorder w/software: Date: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 6:52 PM Looking for digital voicce recorder w/software that would go straight to outlook 2000 task list or a folder in outlook. Thanks in advance Pat Tichenor ...

Recording a macro
Hello, I am having trouble recording a macro. It keeps telling me something about installing a VBA. Where can I find this download? VBA is Excel's macro language. You probably choose to not install it when you installed Excel. You will have to insert your install CDs and choose to add VBA to the installation. Jerry Sharon wrote: > Hello, I am having trouble recording a macro. It keeps telling me > something about installing a VBA. Where can I find this download? ...

New Lead Event
Hi, While creating a new lead, i would like to call some third party application which will perform some action. In workflow manager,I can specify rules for the crete new Lead event. Is it possible to define a rule which will call the application on create new lead event. Help Needed. Thanks in advance Regards. Raju Look into the PostURL action in Workflow. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 12:05:36 +0530, "Raju" <raju@netgalactic.com> wrote: Hi, ...