Want to Display Most Recently Entered Record in Access 2003 Language Learning App - 21117

Hi all,

I'm new to Access. I've got a good bit of VBA under my belt, but I've
been using it in Excel, so I'm a bit lost in all this new
functionality.

Anyway, I'm trying to build an application to help me study Romanian.
I have a table, Phrases! as follows:

Phrases
     Phrase ID	AutoNumber   unique identifier
LearningSession		Number				convenient way to group phrases for study
Entered					Date/Time			the date and time the phrase was entered
Source					Memo				textbook, page number, etc... (or "Mom said it")
Romanian				Memo				the phrase in Romanian
English					Memo				the phrase in English
I want there to be a locked text box or something like that on my
Phrase Input form that shows the Romanian field from the record I most
recently entered. (This helps me find my place again if I get
distracted or need to stop in the middle of keying in a vocabulary
list.)
My first thought was to write a query on Phrases! and link the Control
Source of a text box on my form to the query. The query works fine-I
just looked up a nested SQL walk-through:
LastEnteredPhrase
SELECT Phrases.Romanian AS MostRecent
FROM Phrases
WHERE (((Phrases.Entered) In (SELECT Max(Phrases.Entered) FROM
Phrases)));
But when I try to link the Control Source to a form (for which the
Record Source is the Phrases! table) I get the #NAME? error.
I don't think the form could be confused about the object references
since I renamed the Romanian attribute to MostRecent:Romanian in
Design View.
And I know I'm not making any typos because I'm using the expression
writer to generate the references. I've tried:
=LastEnteredPhrase!MostRecent
and
=DLookUp(LastEnteredPhrase!MostRecent, LastEnteredPhrase!)
which is corrected to
=DLookUp(LastEnteredPhrase!MostRecent, LastEnteredPhrase!MostRecent)
Can anyone help me?
Thanks,
Mike

0
Mike

Building Full text index on Exchange 2003
Hello all, I am trying to build a full text index of the mailstore. The catalog is build fine but when performing a full population of the mailstore no mailboxes are indexed. The following messages show up in the Event log ------------------------------------------- Event Type: Information Event Source: Microsoft Search Event Category: Gatherer Event ID: 3018 Date: 28-7-2006 Time: 8:35:05 User: N/A Computer: TBG-VMS Description: The end of crawl for project <ExchangeServer_TBG-VMS privD88B396F> has been detected. The Gatherer successfully processed 1 documents totaling 0K. It failed...

publisher 2003-can't see inserted pictures. Ok with word
I cannot see pictures that have been inserted into Publisher 2003. I can see pictures in word or powerpoint. Any suggestions? -- Ellen View, Pictures, Detailed display... If that doesn't work read the fourth FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ellen" <rico*yahoo.com> wrote in message news:CF546A8E-1A34-4752-A4BC-D5BB7940496D@microsoft.com... >I cannot see pictures that have been inserted into Publisher 2003. I can see > pictures in word...

displaying the month
This is what I have in a cell: =month(now()) That gives me the numerical value of the month. Is there a way to hav the cell display the month as the actual month and not the numerica value? Thank you in advance for any help you can give -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Try =TEXT(NOW(),"MMM") >-----Original Message----- >This is what I have in a cell: > >=month(now()) > >That gives me the numerical value of the month. Is there a way to have >the cell display the month as the actual month and not the numerical >value? > >...

conditional formating in Access
how to use Max funciton for conditional formating in Access form On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 01:43:00 -0800, sudyl wrote: > how to use Max funciton for conditional formating in Access form Max of What? Select the control. Click on Format + Conditional Formatting. Select Expression Is As the expression write: [ThisControlName] = Max([ThisControlName]) Select the colors wanted. Save the change -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail ...

want questions

I want more!

Outlook 2003 and Images
One fine day, Outlook stopped showing images in my mails. Only 'X' symbols. I tried this --- Under Tools --> Options --> Security --> Download Pictures both "Don't download pictures...." and "Warn me before downloading...." are TURNED OFF (boxes not checked). No matter how many times I check those options on and off, it does not resolve the issue. HELP NEEDED!! Regards ...

Integers entered mysteriously divided by 100
My Excel XP all of a sudden divides any integer I enter into blank spread sheet by 100. If I enter 123456 into any cell it displays as 1234.56. Any Ideas anyone ? Hi Go to Tools/Options/Edit and uncheck Fixed Decimal -- Andy. "SHelbig" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2bf0f01c46997$3bcfaa60$a601280a@phx.gbl... > My Excel XP all of a sudden divides any integer I enter > into blank spread sheet by 100. If I enter 123456 into > any cell it displays as 1234.56. Any Ideas anyone ? Thanks Andy - Much Appreciated >-----Original Message...

Need query of all records based on month
How can i create a parameter query in the query grid to ask for all records based on the month. example: i want all records for May 2007. any ideas? In article <21EC5C38-AB39-4AA1-88D8-7C9627A947FE@microsoft.com>, jackle@discussions.microsoft.com says... > How can i create a parameter query in the query grid to ask for all records > based on the month. example: i want all records for May 2007. any ideas? > say you have a date column in your table Field: DatePart("m",[Orders].[OrderDate]) Criteria: DatePart("m",[Enter date:]) In article <21EC5C38-AB3...

Cannot access office out, getting POP3 Reporting Error 0X80042108
Hi there, i understand MS made some changes and now i am locked out from my MS Office Outlook. I get a POP3 Reporting Error # 0X80042108. The server does not recognize me. Is there any instructions on how to set or re-set this? Is there any REAL PERSON i can talk to for FREE Tech Support??? Thanks, Ray @ manauto@msn.com The changes were to how Outlook pulls Hotmail. Verify your settings against this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514/en-us "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23A6252E-7B5F-454D-BB5A-5C9AB2B24DCD@microsoft.com... > Hi there...

Can't change default print resulotion in Publisher 2003
In Publisher 2003, I tried to change the print quality via the "Printer Properties" dialog box, but that didn't change the print resolution. I clicked "Advanced Print Settings..." in the print dialog box, but the only drop-down choice next to "Resolution" is "Default," which doesn't say what the default is but seems to be set at Super-fine. How do I cange the print resolution to Normal or Draft? Thank you. Don Burgess <DonBurgess@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > In Publisher 2003, I tried to change...

Text want wrap in text box

Why is .NET 2.0 required to deploy an app using VC2005 C++ Setup project?
I just created a setup project for my mfc app. I noticed that in the prerequisites section the .NET 2.0 is checked by default. My app does not need the framework (at least this is what I think). If I clear the checkbox, build the project, and then try to deploy it on a machine with ..NET 1.1 the installer fails with a message complaining about missing .NET 2.0. I'm not sure if this the installer that needs the framework or my app. Are there any mfc8 dlls dependant on the framework? Thanks Hi, > I just created a setup project for my mfc app. I noticed that in the > p...

Want to Add more Sub description Field

deleting a record after copying data
I currently have code in a form called workorders to execute after update to copy data over to a new form called Closed_Workorders. using two different tables (tasks and closed tasks) How do I write the code to delete the record once it is copied. "Thanks for your Support" Here is the code: Private Sub Status_AfterUpdate() If Status = "Completed" Then Dim StDocName As String Dim StDocnbr As String StDocName = "Completed_WorkOrders" StDocnbr = [Log_Number] DoCmd.OpenForm StDocName DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Forms![Completed_WorkOrders]...

Text entered in two separate cells appear as one word in another
Text entered in two separate cells eg. A1 TOM B1 HARRIS how do I get these two words to appear as TOMHARRIS in Cell C1 Hi, =A1&B1 if you need a comma in between =A1&","&B1 if this helps please click yes, thanks "lizzie" wrote: > Text entered in two separate cells eg. A1 TOM B1 HARRIS how do I get these > two words to appear as TOMHARRIS in Cell C1 ...

Excel wants to create a page break in every cell!
After saving revisions in an Excel worksheet, I get a popup message that states "Margins do not fit page size". After clicking "ok" (because this is my only choice) a page break is automatically created in ever cell. At times(depending on the sizeof the work sheet) it can be over 100 pages with a page size 14% or smaller. Why does this happen, and how can I avoid it? I saw this suggestion in a different forum. Try closing excel. Clean up your windows temp folder Windows start button|Run type: %temp% and hit enter Clean all those files that you ca...

Access form textbox expression builder
I have two fields in my db, one is a long integer, the other is text. I want to display them concatenated in a textbox on a form (i.e. intNumber & " " & txtWords). When I enter the expression in that way, I get "#Name?" as an error. I can't see that I'm doing anything wrong in the expression builder (it doesn't give any issues when I close it, the error appears only when I view the form in Form view). Anyone know how I can get the integer to appear as a string so it will live happily with the text? Hi You need to add an equals sign at the...

Dynamic record extraction from multiple worksheets
How can I use a formula(s) to dynamically extract records from multiple worksheets into another worksheet? The target worksheet will use the same selection criteria and all worksheets have the same layout. Additional worksheets will be added on an intermittent basis and should be automatically included in the exraction. ...

Display Issues
Having an issue with Access 2007 not displaying a row. We created a database for our companies timesheets. Columns added up hour spent on various projects each day, with a row of Total Hours at the bottom. Everything displays correctly, except the Total Hours. If Access is minimized, then maximized or if another program is displayed over the top then minimized the Total Hours row displays. This is only happening on our Windows 7 64bit computers. Vista 64bit and 32bit, and XP computers run the program with no issues. Any thoughts on what may be causing this issue? Did you...

error bars don't display consistently in excel
Hi, I am plotting lots of similar graphs in Excel. To make a new graph, I just copy and paste the previous one and then change the source data to the new data series that I want to plot. But when I change the source data for the error bars (I am using custom data to say what size the error bars should be), their display sometimes changes, so that the error bars are just vertical lines without a horizontal cap on the end. Why do they change sometimes but not always, and how do I set the default error bar format? I know how to change them back to the display I want, it's just annoying...

Displaying email from mail server
I use Outlook 2002 in windows xp pro. I am not able to display my email from my email server. I get the error message "Task "pop-server.woh.rr.com" sending and receiving reported error (0x80040600): unkonwn error 0x0040600." I have checked my set up to access the mail server and everything appears to be okay. I can get my email from the website so it is on the server. Have you checked with your ISP to see if they are having a problem on their end? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert ...

WANTED
WTB: I BUY SOFTWARE - CHECK AROUND - YOU PROBABLY HAVE SOME OF THE BELOW TO SELL TO ME. SEE A LIST OF SOME OF THE SOFTWARE THAT I AM BUYING! I AM BUYING ALL OF THE BELOW. THE MORE QUANTITY THE BETTER! I am looking to buy large quantities of Windows 7 Professional Upgrade Dell DVDs with unactivated COAs included in a SEALED package I am looking to buy quantities of SYMANTEC NORTON ANTI VIRUS, NORTON INTERNET SECURITY AND 360 OEM AND RETAIL BOXES I will buy 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2006. If you have good quantities setting around and no longer need send me detai...