Want to Display Most Recently Entered Record in Access 2003 Language Learning App - 12707

Hi all,

I'm new to Access. I've got a good bit of VBA under my belt, but I've
been using it in Excel, so I'm a bit lost in all this new
functionality.

Anyway, I'm trying to build an application to help me study Romanian.
I have a table, Phrases! as follows:

Phrases
     Phrase ID	AutoNumber   unique identifier
LearningSession		Number				convenient way to group phrases for study
Entered					Date/Time			the date and time the phrase was entered
Source					Memo				textbook, page number, etc... (or "Mom said it")
Romanian				Memo				the phrase in Romanian
English					Memo				the phrase in English
I want there to be a locked text box or something like that on my
Phrase Input form that shows the Romanian field from the record I most
recently entered. (This helps me find my place again if I get
distracted or need to stop in the middle of keying in a vocabulary
list.)
My first thought was to write a query on Phrases! and link the Control
Source of a text box on my form to the query. The query works fine-I
just looked up a nested SQL walk-through:
LastEnteredPhrase
SELECT Phrases.Romanian AS MostRecent
FROM Phrases
WHERE (((Phrases.Entered) In (SELECT Max(Phrases.Entered) FROM
Phrases)));
But when I try to link the Control Source to a form (for which the
Record Source is the Phrases! table) I get the #NAME? error.
I don't think the form could be confused about the object references
since I renamed the Romanian attribute to MostRecent:Romanian in
Design View.
And I know I'm not making any typos because I'm using the expression
writer to generate the references. I've tried:
=LastEnteredPhrase!MostRecent
and
=DLookUp(LastEnteredPhrase!MostRecent, LastEnteredPhrase!)
which is corrected to
=DLookUp(LastEnteredPhrase!MostRecent, LastEnteredPhrase!MostRecent)
Can anyone help me?
Thanks,
Mike

0
Mike

Excel query from Access databases
Hi, I have two separate databases in Access that have a common field of CustNo. I'll like to run a query in Excel using Get External Data... whereby I could create a report that brings in data from both the databases. Having tried this in Excel, it seems that I can only use one table at a time, is there a way to overcome the issue. Thanks, Rob Hi Rob- "I have two separate databases in Access that have a common field of CustNo." Is that accurate or do you mean 2 separate Tables in 1 Access DB file which use CustNo as the common field? AFAIK you can only query one Access...

How do I record the date of the first record entry.
I have a small database and I want to record, in a table field, the date at which a record is added (but not edited). I want this to be permanent. Should I make the "primary key" this date? Please help, Frank "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message news:Osijfdy8KHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I have a small database and I want to record, in a table field, the date > at which a record is added (but not edited). In table design view, add the field to record when the entry was made. In the lower pane of table design, set...

Access to SMTP addresses in an Outlook/Exchange offline Address Book
I am an Outlook/Exchange user who wants to be able to extract the names (last, first), "company", and SMTP addresses from an Outlook/Exchange offline Address Book. This information will be used to populate a Contacts folder. I want the name/company/SMTP in a contacts folder so it can be sync'd with a Palm, and for access from the company's webmail browser. Ideally if I could get the information extracted to a .csv file I could manipulate it from there. If it helps ...... I can find my way around Outlook, but am not an experienced VBA user. However, I have mid-le...

Query most recent records only
I am not having much luck with trying to write a query to find the last (most recent dates) 5 records for ALL names listed in the 'Customers' table. SELECT tblOrders.*, tblCustomers.ID FROM tblOrders RIGHT JOIN tblCustomers ON tblOrders.Name = tblCustomers.Name ORDER BY tblCustomers.ID, tblOrders.Date; Appreciate any help, Kevin -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/201003/1 hi Kevin, On 05.03.2010 05:23, KevinE via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I am not having much luck with trying to write a query t...

Exchange 2003 Tracking Center
Im running Exchange 2003 and when I search for emails with the message tracking center they pull up but the subject line is left blank on all searches done. Do I have something miss configured that is causing the subject lines to be left blank? Thanks blusporttrac you have to enable "subject logging and display"...I do not believe it is enable by default... <blusporttrac@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1117119115.669602.209960@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Im running Exchange 2003 and when I search for emails with the > message tracking center they pull up...

Outlook 2003 Wont Remember Password
Hello All, Since upgrading from Office XP to Office 2003, Outlook now does not remember our POP server passwords for any user on our Terminal Server network. We download mail from a Linux POP server for company email, but Outlook will always pause at the download screen and ask for the password, no matter whether we click the 'save this password in your password list' option box or not. Can anyone assist? Thanks, Devan ...

Corrupt Access 2003 File
I was working on this file earlier today, I even just opened it and it was fine and all of a sudden there is a write delay to the save the file, I closed it and I try opening it again and it is corrupted. I don't get it. The message I am getting is below. What does that mean. I just finished making a lost of update to the file. The last time I backed it up was Tuesday, and I have done a lot of work to it between then and now. I don't have the time to go back and redo all that work again. Any help will be appreciated. "Microsoft Office Access has detected corruption in this ...

How do I print multiple records to one publication page?
I want to merge records from a data source in access to publisher. I want 4 different records per page in postcard format. Each time I use the catalog merge feature it prints 1 record 4 times on the page. How can I fix this? You need to have one card on your screen for the merge to work. (Print preview will show the same entry on all four cards, its a bug). -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jagodie" <Jagodie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF2C96BA-6A33-4AF0-9703-A692713A5EA5@micro...

Adding old clipart from previous Publishers to Publisher 2003
Hi I installed a new Publisher - 2003 - on my computer. I had kept all my old disks from Office 2000 with all the old clipart. However, the new Publisher doesn't seem to have as nice a clipart gallery as my old version had, and I had wanted to add all my clips to the newer version. Is this possible in a way that Publisher will *automatically* setup all the old clips so that I can easily search for the exact picture I am looking for, instead of having to go through each clip manually by the very boring names such as clip1, clip2, clip3 etc. (or however the clipart is installed)? I want...

Outlook 2003 won't let me delete msg in Outbox
I have an email in my outbox that has a 6 MB attachment. Well, for whatever reason, Outlook was having issues sending the email, so after several hours, I decided to delete it. Pressing the delete button does nothing, no error. Trying to permenantly delete it (shift delete) and it gives me the error message "The item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied." It's a bizarre error. I'm only using Outlook as a pop3 email reader. There's no exchange on the backend. This is with Windows XP Professional. Any help woul...

Connect to Exchange 2003 from a different domain
Hi!! Sorry, I don't speak english well :-) This is my network: domain 1: NT and XP Clients using Outlook domain 2: Exchange 2003 Each client use LMHOST to view Exchange server. I can connect with it and the first time I use Outlook I need to write: username, password and domain. I write the username,... from Exchange domain and Outlook works fine. So, from time to time, Outlook opens a new window to write this parameters. It's a nightmare!!! I haven't a trust relationship from domain 1 to domain 2, and I haven't configured mailboxes, it use default parameters. I tried to...

Mailboxes in Exchange 2003 Enterprise Server
I have implemented a policy to limit the mailbox size to 30000 K and implemented a 21 day Age Limit. However, 21 days has passed and the 30000 K limit has passed on more than 50% of our mailboxes. How can we enforce this policy to work properly and clean out the mailboxes to bring this down to 30 K. The policy I have created is running and reporting is enabled.It is configured for report only, but I would like this to change to "Move to deleted items folder". However, since nothing seems to happen as of yet...I am hesitant to make the change until I can see a change and tha...

Outlook 2003 #5
I just got Outlook 2003 in the mail yesterday. Is there anyone out their who has the latest version of Outlook yet? DaveS wrote: > I just got Outlook 2003 in the mail yesterday. Is there > anyone out their who has the latest version of Outlook > yet? Why do you ask, Dave? Is there something wrong? If so, please let us know the problem...maybe we can help you -- Donald L McDaniel Post All replies to the Newsgroup, so that all may be informed ============================================================= ...

PST not created in Outlook 2003 after importprf
Hi all, I would like to create a Exchange Server Outlook profile with a Unicode or ANSI PST file. When I launch outlook 2003 with the -importprf option, the creation of the profile work fine (exchange server settings) but none PST is add (if the file exist) or create and add (if the file not exist). When I try my outlook.prf file with the -importprf option on an outlook 2007, all work fine, in the same environment (domain, policy settings, etc...) I use the Outlook ADM file to force the cached offline mode as default. I try to use the settings "Exchange Unicode Mode - Ignore Arc...

Outlook 2003 Storing Sent Items with IMAP
Hi, I've recently started using Outlook 2003, (upgrading from Outllook Express). I have several IMAP accounts and with Outllook Express whenever I sent an email from one account, it automatically stored it in the IMAP folder Sent Items of the account I sent it from. How can you do this in Outllook 2003?? It seems to store everything in Sent Items which means I can't read the mail I've sent from other locations. Regards. "Dougie Mac" <dougiemac> wrote: >Hi, > >I've recently started using Outlook 2003, (upgrading from Outllook Express). >...

Outlook Today
On the Outlook Today page the "Options" button does nothing. We're still runnning Win 98 SE2 with no immediate hopes of upgrading. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. david <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > On the Outlook Today page the "Options" button does > nothing. We're still runnning Win 98 SE2 with no immediate > hopes of upgrading. Any help would be appreciated. Thank > you. This question has been asked and answered 100,000 times (literally). SEARCH for the answer. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson ...

entering date in access records
hello everyone, I have this following problem. I have a access database with thousands of records. The problem now is I want to enter the same date into all those records, how can I do it in one shot? thanks, -- hanamichi Create a new query using the table that needs to be updated. From the query grid, click QUERY in the menu and select UPDATE QUERY In the query grid, select the date field as the field to update as the first colum and in teh UPDATE TO row in the current column set the update value to Now() Since you're updating all records, no criteria is necessary. Clic...

integration with Outlook 2003: slower on XP than W2K? after upgrade?
Hi, I have a VB.NET (2.0) application that integrates with Outlook 2003. I have windows XP SP2. The users had Windows 2000, and Office 2000. They upgraded (!) to Office 2003. But: - an action that takes 0,5 seconds on my pc, takes them 4-5 seconds - an action that takes 2,5 seconds on my pc, takes them 8-9 seconds So for a test we completely desinstalled Office 2003, and did a full re-install of 2003 on a system. Performance increased with +- 30%: times are now 2,5 seconds and 6 seconds. But still much more than my 0,5 and 2,5.... What's the reason of this performance-problem? The ...

Querying MS Access from C# on stored file paths
Hi folks, I'm storing some particulars about file usage in my MS Access database, incl. the full paths of those files. I tried to query the database in my C# code. My idea was to retrieve from the database by means of SQL when a file was used the last time, but I only know the directory it is in, so in my code I tried to construct a WHERE clause as follows: String whereClause = "WHERE Filename LIKE '" + dirpath + "*'"; Of course I'm working on Windows and I don't want to think of portability now. Obviously, the variable dirpath contains double...

Display cell attributes/format
Is there any way of examining the cell attributes/formatting on a worksheet other than individually with Format | Cell? I would assume so but can't find it. Thanks Brian Tozer Not in versions after and including xl97. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Brian Tozer <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:bs3261$duo$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > Is there any way of examining the cell attributes/formatting on a worksheet > other than individually with Format | Cell? > I would assume so but can't find it. > > Thanks > Brian Tozer > > ...

Learning SQL
Can anyone recommend any good reference books to help me learn SQL. My needs are only as it relates to Access. Any help greatly appreciated. Jason SQL Queries for Mere Mortals by Hernandez and Viescas: http://www.amazon.com/SQL-Queries-Mere-Mortals-Hands/dp/0201433362/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-7818383-4346230?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1177897812&sr=8-1 Here's a free tutorial: http://www.sqlcourse.com/intro.html Here's a really basic intro to subqueries: http://allenbrowne.com/subquery-01.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access us...

the system cannot find the file specified outlook 2003 #2
Attachments show up in emails, but when you try to open them, the messages comes up "the system cannot find the file specified", but other recipiants on same email can open theirs. ...

Failed Recent Updates and Error Code 80070490
Since yesterday my computer and me have been trying to install two Vista updates: Security Updates for Windows Vista (KB967723) and Updates for windows Vista (KB972145) and I get the Error Found Code 80070490 I have Windows Vista Ultimate. Please advise. Hello Octavio, 0x80070490 - ERROR_NOT_FOUND Corrupted System File; Need to perform an in-place upgrade or reinstall of the OS. How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7 <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833> Tell...

last row or record
there is no ID in this table. table1: col1 col2 col3 ----- ------ ----- aaa bbb ddd aab jjj fff ccc qqq ppp like to get this output: col1 col2 col3 ----- ------ ----- ccc qqq ppp -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com sorry to buttoning in between... try this... create form using table, and in form on load properties. DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acLast regards "igg via AccessMonster.com" wrote: > there is no ID in this table. > table1: > col1 col2 col3 > ----- ------ ----- > aa...

Access chart
I created a chart but I need to show my total on the pie not just my legend. For example: In this pie shows the model number of the equipment, but it doesn't show me how many of them I purchased and that's what I need to show in addition to the model number. thanks It isn't clear what the pie chart is charting. You can set the labels to display a number of options. Did you "play" with this property? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "naja" wrote: > I created a chart but I need to show my total on the pie not just my legend. > > For exam...