view excel vba code for built in functions

Anyone know how to view the code for the fuction Trim() or Trim$()?
Specifically in Excel. It's not removing the &nbsp from html pages I
copy forom, soI had to write my own code as a work around. So, I want
to see the existing Trim() & Trim$() code to see if it is including
the &nbsp in it's search for whitespace.

0
aces4

Groups and Subgroups and VBA
I have a routine (PPT 2007) that goes through all the shapes on a slide, and if they are of a certain type, adds 3D effects to them. The routine knows that groups of shapes exist and can look at each item in a group separately. However, I have some cases where part of the grouping is another set of items that have been grouped previously - a subgrouping within a group. My issue is this - when I list all the items in the group by enumerating the "Groupitems" list, there is no item that is named "Group XXX". Instead, all of the items in the subgroup are list...

manipulated a data file in excel
Is there any way to have a button in excel where when I click on it, i will let me choose a data file (by pointing and clicking) that's comm delimited and I can simply sum up an array of numbers and import tha sum into a cell? I don't want to put the text file into th spreadsheet, but rather just sum of the numers I want into a specifi cell. Thanks -- skinnydud ----------------------------------------------------------------------- skinnydude's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1627 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php...

Mail Messages HTML Viewing

how do i print from excel to envelopes
mailing address and return address print directly to envelopes or labels from excel There is not an easy method to do it in Excel without trial and error manipulation. Use Word's mailmerge...........labels and envelopes. Assuming you are using Word for the mailmerge and Excel for the source see these sites for help. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:41:01 -0700, gus <gus@...

MS excell 2007 Data verification list
I am attempting to use the list function within data verification for drop down menus. I need a list that is conditional upon the information in another cell. Example: The first cell offers a drop down menu with specific Make of equipment. From what appears in that cell I seek to offer only the Models for that Make of equipment on a list in another cell. I considered using a series of IF statements to run macros however I don’t know how to invoke a macro from within a formula. Any suggestions? Thank You =if(“Trane”,macro,=If(Crrier,macro,=If(Bitzer,macro…))) See Debra D...

excel 2000 convert to excel 2003
Hi I would like to move current excell 2000 spread sheets and open them in 2003 excel. Please help in any way. I have copied my excell 2000 data onto a floppy however it will not open in Excel 2003 XL2000 and XL2003 share exactly the same file format and so should open just fine in either. However, you should never open XL files on floppies - XL uses temporary files, which may exceed the capacity of the floppy. Instead, copy the file from the floppy to your HD before opening. In article <72864281-728A-4B27-8317-A760E6440BB2@microsoft.com>, cityof <cityof@discussions.microsoft...

Excel table is not correctly pasted into PPT and LN
Hi, i would like to haves ome info about this problem: One user cannot paste correctly an excel table (Edit Copy > Paste Special/Image - Paste) from excel 2000 to powerpoint 2000 or lotus notes vs. 4.6 This problem does not exist in word or in onother excel sheet. Coloured cells are right, coloured text is pasted in black. Have you got some ideas to resolve the problem? Thank in advance, Sara (Italy) ...

Excel simple stock control
I am a service engineer, and i'm looking to use excel to manage my stock better I have tried a few things and it's all manually input/edited I would like to know if it's possibale to use VB, to auto manage these levels IE, 1 box asks for the part number 2nd asks you how many 3rd/4th boxes are "+", "-" When + or - is pressed the part number will automatically add's/subtracts that part level. Say.. I had 10x abcde's I enter 2 in "How Many", then press "-" it will then adjust the level from 10 to 8 My excel sheet would have parts...

Making counters in excel
Is there a way to get a box to behave as a counter, so that each time you click on it the numerical value will increase by one. I am trying to create a survey response sheet and this would be a big help. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ToolsMacro>Record New Macro>name it AddOne. Stop the macro recorder before doing anything else; nothing should be recorded. Tools>Macros>*Select the AddOne macro and click Edit. Paste this on a line between t...

Charts in Excel
Anyone have a way to create a combined Clustered Column and Stacked Column chart in Excel? I can easily select one or the other, but I would like to have a combination. I'm using Office version 2002 Have a look at http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Columns.htm -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "JR1" <JR1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BCD33A6-AC57-474C-8C35-E8A93FE060C8@microsoft.com... > Anyone have a way to create a combined Clustered Column and Stacked Column > chart in Excel? I can easily...

Set discount reason code via COM
I have a function that is adding an item to the end of a transaction and setting the price to 0 (it's a free item), however I can't tender the transaction as the line needs a reason code. Can't find the right function/sub to set the reason code for a line. Any assistance is appreciated. Thx G ------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Accounting Software Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - microsoft.public.pos - 37326 messages and counting! ##-----...

Recommendations for VBA Book, manuel
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00C3_01C38E7B.CCF29F40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello all, I need a book to assist me in learning simple VBA code to use mostly = in Excel. I have a little programming experience with C++ from college, = but not a lot. My need is mostly to create forms in Excel and maybe = other Office applications in the future. I would like to teach myself = the basics of format and typical thought process in Visual Basic. I have = a solid understanding of Exce...

Importing a web page to excell
Is there any way, other than copy & paste, to copy a web page into excell using a program? Thank yoy, Gordon Browser: File => Save Excel: File => Open "Gordon" <gwelch1938@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1170894026.149526.299210@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way, other than copy & paste, to copy a web page into > excell using a program? > > Thank yoy, > > Gordon > try placing your cursor in the table on the web site you want>right click>import to microsoft excel. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@a...

HTML code fragment options not available in Publisher 2000
Neither the tool on the left toolbar for inserting html code fragment, or the function in the Insert Menu are available. They are both grayed out. How do I create html code fragment in Publisher 2000? You will need a web page built to do it. Start Publisher, create part or all of a web page, then do a File, Save as a web page. Now select Insert, Html code fragment, select an area on your web page (anywhere you can move it later) with the mouse pointer with a left click. A window will open allowing you to write the code for the fragment. -- Don Vancouver, USA "smsbear1" &l...

View Webpage

Forms in two differant views

Excel Error #2
"Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart type." I receive this error whenever i click insert chart in all office applications even within excel itself. Tried disabling Norton Internet Security 2007, problem persists. Tried running Diagnostics, problem persists. Any solutions? Version of Excel? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "kwpang1" <kwpang1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7458A216-6...

excel opens very slow
Hello to all! I have problem that I am can’t success to solve: I Have DELL D630 laptop with XP PRO SP3, & Office2003. The problem began when Office Files opened terribly slow (around 1 minute), even if it’s a new or empty file. After searches in the network, I found recommendations to add to do the next steps (to unmark the DDE from opening excel files): 1.) Open My Computer. 2.) Go to Tools -> Folder Options, and click on File Types. 3.) Find the extension of the file in question (XLS, DOC, etc.) 4.) Highlight the extension, and click \"Advanced.\" 5.) Highlight the \&q...

Forcing a view to be the active view

I need help with Excel formula
I need help with Excel formula (first one is correct but I don't know how to add second formula)? =IF('1'!W16="($E20>2000000,0,IF($E20>100… =""AB8",'1'!W16) or =IF(‘1’!X16="(($E20>5000000,1200,IF($E20… =""AB8",'1'!X16) -- Thx On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 06:31:01 -0800, antoinette <lerouxroux@gmail.com> wrote: >I need help with Excel formula (first one is correct but I don't know how to >add second formula)? >=IF('1'!W16="($E20>2000000,0,IF($E20>100� =""AB8"...

Excell #12
how do i creat a drop down list containing 6 items for a certain cell. The 6 items is not part of a formula. Savy, one way, use Data Validation, have a look here for details on how to do it http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Savy" <Savy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FDFF7E9-1303-4473-A58D-4C17625A5E56@microsoft.com... > how do i creat a...

Bar Graph on Form (rectangle control code)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd758785.aspx This website gives a good description of how to use a small amount of coding to have a rectangle controlled by a field value on a report appear as a bar graph when you print preview. I would like to do something very similar, show a bar graph within a form based on a field's percentage (between 0 and 1). In the example they put the code into the OnFormat event property. I would like my bar graphs to appear upon opening the form. Hope that I can use very similar code as in the example but what would I put it in... OnLoad...