using form to add new record

I want to use a form to add record to table 'Instructor'. controls on the
form are:

Name (text)
EN    (integer, primary key in Instructor table)
FT_Fall (single)
PT_Fall (single)
FT_Spring (single)
PT_Spring (single)
Adjust (single)

When user click 'Add It' button, additional field not shown on the form:
SetupID = 1
WS = 0
Manually_Added = YES

1 record (all above 10 fields) will be added to Instructor table without
violating primary key.

Should I use Instructor table as unline source for the form? If so, records
always shows.

Also, what should the 'Add It' button code be?

Thanks.

0
Song

Song,

You could just make a form linked to the table Instructor. You don't have to
make a button Add it because the record will be saved automatically when
exiting the last field. If you don't want to see all the records you could
set the form to Data entry mode. If you do want to see the previous records
you don't have to change any mode.

hth
--
Maurice Ausum

"Song Su" wrote:

> I want to use a form to add record to table 'Instructor'. controls on the
> form are:
>
> Name (text)
> EN    (integer, primary key in Instructor table)
> FT_Fall (single)
> PT_Fall (single)
> FT_Spring (single)
> PT_Spring (single)
> Adjust (single)
>
> When user click 'Add It' button, additional field not shown on the form:
> SetupID = 1
> WS = 0
> Manually_Added = YES
>
> 1 record (all above 10 fields) will be added to Instructor table without
> violating primary key.
>
> Should I use Instructor table as unline source for the form? If so, records
> always shows.
>
> Also, what should the 'Add It' button code be?
>
> Thanks.

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Add times, convert to number not time of day?
Okay, this should be pretty simple. 17:24:00 + 00:24:00 = 7 5:00 PM + 9:30 PM = 4.5 That's what i'm trying to achieve. A start time, a finish time, and the time it took between them. Not a clock time of 5pm + 9pm = 2am How can this be done? thanks, Benjamin i forgot, i might want to add this in. I did this: a1 - 9:30 a2 - 10:00 a3 = a2-a1 the result is .02 ??? =MOD(B1-A1,1) format as hh:mm or [h]:mm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "spezticle" <spezticle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7093FF53-BA3B-4003-B4D3-65941455C6FB@microsoft.com... >...

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

Split Form Question
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0071_01CAAF13.FE651FC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Access 2007 sp2. When I first open a split form there is no data in the navigation bar at = the bottom of the form. It doesn't show the record number or the number of records. Only when I select a row does anything show in the nav bar. Is this normal?? James ------=_NextPart_000_0071_01CAAF13.FE651FC0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encod...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

CRM 4
How to add Navigation controls in Accounts, Contacts and Activities CRM 4.0 forms. Requirement is, have to customize CRM forms to provide navigation controls (First, Previous, Next & Last) in the above mentioned forms. Is there any Webservices or any other possible ways to provide these functionalities? Try this blog post by the people at CWR Mobility: http://www.cwrmobility.nl/weblog/2005/12/adding-nextprevious-buttons-to-entity.html Should work for everything but Activities. -- MD "Ajai" wrote: > How to add Navigation controls in Accounts, Contacts and Activit...

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Forecasting add-ins
I'm looking for add-ins for time series analysis: ARIMA, Box-Jenkins, etc. Forcastx is way beyond my budget. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks Steve ...

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

New Implementation
We have a Quickbooks client with existing scheduled payments. We need to load them into the new implementation of GP. Issue 1: This is not a NEW scheduled payment so we need to find out if there is a way to load existing payment routines that don't START with a posting in A/P but still post to AP each month going forward. Issue 2: Since it is not a new scheduled payment we need a way for the load to include the 'right' way for the system to calculate interest/principal portions of the monthly payment AS IF the full loan were loaded. Example: If this were an initial load...

Allow temporarily use of right click

How do I add other page size options to Page setup?
I just reinstalled Word 2003 on a new machine. I had recalled Page Setup offerred a variety of page sizes, ie card (3x5 and 4X6) legal, etc. But all I have now are A4 and letter. How do I add other paper size options? The paper size options are provided by your printer driver. Have you installed a printer and set it as the Windows default? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Paper size selection" <Paper size selection@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E16DD586-C298-4EAF-8...

How to use interfaces
Hi ... How can you show in an UML diagram using visio that you have 1 class who uses the interface implementet by another ?? ex: C# public class MyClass : ImyInterface { //some code } //And then in another class you will do something like: private ImyInterface imi = new MyClass(); can you show this via UML shapes in Visio ?? thanks in advance ... -- ------------------------------- Med Venlig Hilsen Tonni Schm´┐Żcker Tonni@cool.dk ...

Access 2003 Form Question
I have an access database that I am using for site surveys. In a nutshell, there is a header table with a date and location as the keys and a detail section with the survey results. The detail section shows a series of 30 or so questions(from a questions table) on how the site was rated. I am trying to design a form that populates a yes/no/not available type response in the detail section. The user would either click on a yes/no/NA type box or have a drop down and select the value(whichever is easiest) next to the box. After the user answers the 30 or so questions, an answers table...

What do you use Excel for?