Using Checkboxes to add data to a table.

I have been having trouble developing this form for a couple of days. It
seems the solution should be simple but so am I. I have an input form with
four text boxes. I need to use the same data and create a new line in the
table for up to but not always 9 different company positions. I was given a
possible way of keeping the info on the form for the next position using the
AfterUpdate event and setting the default back to the same box. But in using
his suggestion I get #NAME? for the boxes with text when I select the next
new record. The boxes with numbers come back the way he said it would. I
can't seem to work around that. So I thought I would look at it a different
way.

The way I have it set up I am using a combobox to select a position and
update the record but I have to retype all four text boxes to select when I
update the table and go to a new record for next position. What my question
is...Is it possible to put all the positions on the form and check the
applicable position(s) and have all the true's add to the table from one Add
Record button? And if so give me an idea of the VBA involved?

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 09:46:00 -0800, Skip Bisconer
<SkipBisconer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have been having trouble developing this form for a couple of days. It
>seems the solution should be simple but so am I. I have an input form with
>four text boxes. I need to use the same data and create a new line in the
>table for up to but not always 9 different company positions. I was given a
>possible way of keeping the info on the form for the next position using the
>AfterUpdate event and setting the default back to the same box. But in using
>his suggestion I get #NAME? for the boxes with text when I select the next
>new record. The boxes with numbers come back the way he said it would. I
>can't seem to work around that. So I thought I would look at it a different
>way.
>
>The way I have it set up I am using a combobox to select a position and
>update the record but I have to retype all four text boxes to select when I
>update the table and go to a new record for next position. What my question
>is...Is it possible to put all the positions on the form and check the
>applicable position(s) and have all the true's add to the table from one Add
>Record button? And if so give me an idea of the VBA involved?

STOP!!!

You're beginning in the middle.

Your tables are fundamental. If you're starting (either physically or
logically) with the form you're going to paint yourself in a corner.

What's the structure of your table or tables? If you have nine table fields
for positions, you're on the wrong track.

Please post the actual structures of your tables.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

I have this great little program that tracks all employees training records
working for us now but I did not anticipate the need to add a new training
policy. The training department needs to schedule training by department or
by employee or position. All this to comply with government regulations for
record keeping. Every thing is handled but this Add New record issue for this
table. Since my post I have discovered how to make the data stay on the form
using the After Update event but if I could use check boxes to indicate which
position the new training applies to it would speed that part of the form up
a little. All the others are covered by making a change to this table.

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 09:46:00 -0800, Skip Bisconer
> <SkipBisconer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have been having trouble developing this form for a couple of days. It
> >seems the solution should be simple but so am I. I have an input form with
> >four text boxes. I need to use the same data and create a new line in the
> >table for up to but not always 9 different company positions. I was given a
> >possible way of keeping the info on the form for the next position using the
> >AfterUpdate event and setting the default back to the same box. But in using
> >his suggestion I get #NAME? for the boxes with text when I select the next
> >new record. The boxes with numbers come back the way he said it would. I
> >can't seem to work around that. So I thought I would look at it a different
> >way.
> >
> >The way I have it set up I am using a combobox to select a position and
> >update the record but I have to retype all four text boxes to select when I
> >update the table and go to a new record for next position. What my question
> >is...Is it possible to put all the positions on the form and check the
> >applicable position(s) and have all the true's add to the table from one Add
> >Record button? And if so give me an idea of the VBA involved?
>
> STOP!!!
>
> You're beginning in the middle.
>
> Your tables are fundamental. If you're starting (either physically or
> logically) with the form you're going to paint yourself in a corner.
>
> What's the structure of your table or tables? If you have nine table fields
> for positions, you're on the wrong track.
>
> Please post the actual structures of your tables.
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Add times, convert to number not time of day?
Okay, this should be pretty simple. 17:24:00 + 00:24:00 = 7 5:00 PM + 9:30 PM = 4.5 That's what i'm trying to achieve. A start time, a finish time, and the time it took between them. Not a clock time of 5pm + 9pm = 2am How can this be done? thanks, Benjamin i forgot, i might want to add this in. I did this: a1 - 9:30 a2 - 10:00 a3 = a2-a1 the result is .02 ??? =MOD(B1-A1,1) format as hh:mm or [h]:mm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "spezticle" <spezticle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7093FF53-BA3B-4003-B4D3-65941455C6FB@microsoft.com... >...

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

Finding all table and fields that are involved in a one to many relation (on many side) with a given field
Hi, I have a master table, and several other tables that are related to this master through one to many relations. How can I find all tables and fields which are in relation with the primary key in the master table, on "many" side? I know I can extract this by querying views from INFORMATION_SCHEMA, but I don't know where exactly I can find this info Thank you One way Select op.name As ParentTableName, oc.name As ChildTableName, c.name As ChildColumnName From sys.foreign_key_columns kc Inner Join sys.objects op On kc.parent_object_id = op.object_id Inner Jo...

Taking Certian Data only from 2 Spreadsheets
Hi All, I have 39 Excel Spreadsheets & there are only certain figures i woul like in each spreadsheet & they are all in the same Coloumn & row. would like these figures to go into another spreadsheet i have create how can i do this?? Is it possible? Can i transfer them over into a ne spreadsheet so within this new sheet i then can caculate them all. Woul appreciate all the help. Cheers Wil -- william444 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- william4444's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3399 View this...

Selecting A single Month From a Table with Multiple Months
The following code is used as the criteria in a selct query for a date field: >=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())-1,1) And <=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),0) It has worked fine until the table included records from January 2010, database was created in 2009. Is there a fix or a better way to accomplish the intent? Not sure what your problem is the expressions you have return the first and last day of the prior month. So this is February 3, 2010 and the expression return 1/1/2010 and 1/31/2010. What do you want returned? What is the problem you are ha...

topographical data maps in excel
I have seen this done, and would like to know how to create topgraphical maps of data sets using excel. I want to take a sample of data ponts and plot the points (easy), than color the plot based upon the values of the points You seem to have been neglected by our community. Yes, it can be done, if I understand your intention correctly. The topography in your approach means, in a sense, the 3D chart. The first two of the three values defininig each point specify the x- and y-coordinates (like on a map); the third value is represented by prescribed colors or shades. You must have you...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Using XML with ASP.NET

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Find values of properties of checkbox
How do you find the values of a property (such as whether or not they are checked) when the check boxes have been created on the fly? Any help would be much appreciated! *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** "Mike P" <mike.parr@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OBhh2ds4KHA.1924@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How do you find the values of a property (such as whether or not they > are checked) when the check boxes have been created on the fly? Is it a Web or WinForms application? If you did not keep a Reference to the checkboxe...

Importing Excel data into Access?
Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table I can simply copy and paste but it is not that easy when doing from Excel to Access! I downloaded this manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Access2003Intro.pdf but couldn't find this topic If anyone knows please let me know! Cheers Raj Hello, there are plenty of sources. e.g.: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102722321033 Stefan. "Rajeev Rawat" wrote: > Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table &g...

Using secured OMA

CRM 4
How to add Navigation controls in Accounts, Contacts and Activities CRM 4.0 forms. Requirement is, have to customize CRM forms to provide navigation controls (First, Previous, Next & Last) in the above mentioned forms. Is there any Webservices or any other possible ways to provide these functionalities? Try this blog post by the people at CWR Mobility: http://www.cwrmobility.nl/weblog/2005/12/adding-nextprevious-buttons-to-entity.html Should work for everything but Activities. -- MD "Ajai" wrote: > How to add Navigation controls in Accounts, Contacts and Activit...

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Refresh data in Protected worksheet
Does the work sheet protection work properly when refreshing data from access. I have the range I want to refresh Unlocked and unhidden and the rest of the worksheet protected, but when i refresh it tells me the worksheet is protected and I cant refresh. Is there something I'm missing or is this a shortcoming of worksheet protection? KT just hazarding two guesses. are you talking about a macro that does it? if so... are you providing a password to unprotect before you refresh the data? ActiveSheet.Unprotect "password" 'your refresh code would go after the above sta...

Forecasting add-ins
I'm looking for add-ins for time series analysis: ARIMA, Box-Jenkins, etc. Forcastx is way beyond my budget. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks Steve ...

Excel Pivot Table with Access
I have Excel Pivot Tables that link to an access database to pull only certain info. I would like users to be able to update their individual pivot table without being able to change the query to include additional information. When I disable pivot table use, the pivot table won't update on open. Thanks for any help. -- Jack ...

Allow temporarily use of right click