Updating a form if field has been removed so that I don't get a me

Hi

I have created a form.  Due to modifications to the form, I no longer need a
field which I have included in the original form.

Before I deleted the field, I had made a back up of my database.

When I delete the field, let's call it "ProductCodeOld", whenever I open up
the database, I get a text box saying that the "ProductCodeOld" is not in the
form or words to that effect.

How do I remove a field from a form without this type of message appearing?

Thank you in advance.

Forest8 -

You may have code in the form that references the old field.  Even if you
delete the field, it won't delete code that may reference the field.  You can
go into the module for the form and search for the old fieldname.  Then you
can comment out or delete any pieces of the code that are no longer needed.
Another place to check is in the properties for the form, something as simple
as a filter to the form that could have been based on the old field can cause
problems opening the form.

--
Daryl S

"forest8" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have created a form.  Due to modifications to the form, I no longer need a
> field which I have included in the original form.
>
> Before I deleted the field, I had made a back up of my database.
>
> When I delete the field, let's call it "ProductCodeOld", whenever I open up
> the database, I get a text box saying that the "ProductCodeOld" is not in the
> form or words to that effect.
>
> How do I remove a field from a form without this type of message appearing?
>
> Thank you in advance.

Update for MS Money 2005?

Problem with Script Updating

MS can't even get the release date right
Microsoft CRM has been a major disappointment in most every aspect. Now, they've failed again with the CRM product by delaying the CRM 2005 release until 4th Quarter. Some might say that this is a good thing so that it's a better product, but MS should have it more together than to announce a ship date they can't fulfill. Very frustrating that we have to continue on with this inferior version 1 product even longer. -- Brandon Smith IT Director Presentations Direct - Specialized Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com So what causes you to ca...

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Update question

Removing a partition (with apologies for cross-posting)
(I originally submitted this question to ms.public.windowsxp.hardware, but, belatedly, it occurred to me that it isn`t really a hardware question after all, so I hope that I have now chosen the correct NG.) My HD has two partitions : F:/ is the main one I use, running Win XP SP3, but the other uses Win 98SE. I very rarely use this partition and it was only created so that I could run old software. I increased RAM to 1.5 GB a while back, and when I tried to boot into Win 98SE today, I got the "Insufficient memory to initialize Windows. Quit one or more memory-resident programs...

How update entity in post update?

publisher 2002 how do I get it to work with vista ?
Hi i have bought a new comp with Vista windows but my Publisher is XP and wont work I cannot afford to replace that also but use it all the time as my hobby is cardmaking ,is there a patch I can download ? Right-click the Publisher icon, Properties, Compatibility tab, use Windows XP (service pack 2). This works for me. Are you getting an error when you try to open Publisher? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Meeeee" <Meeeee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C68CF33-7D4C-45A7-8FEE-D57DC7EB0154@microsoft.com... > Hi i have bought a...

Can't get pull down menus in Word, MS Office 2001 for Mac
I've been using my MS Office 2001 Word software on my Mac OS 9 for 2 years with no problems. All of a sudden I can't pull down the menus in my documents. My command keys seem to work fine, but I really need my pull down menus for some functions. I tried throwing the software in the trash and reinstalling my original software on my hard drive. Same problem - no pull down menus. I checked Excel in the same 2001 Office package, and I get the pull down menus there just fine. Any advice? In article <57ea651d.0309211615.66d1a4d4@posting.google.com>, lprindle@earthlink.net (Ezmereld...

Getting path from the full path and file name
Hello again, This is my second question today. The question is how to get just the path info from a string that contains path and file name information. I am looking an MFC or WinAPI function to do that because I don't want to do it manually. Thanks, "msnews.microsoft.com" <fwr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag = news:uzyJa$q1DHA.1700@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... : Hello again, :=20 : This is my second question today. The question is how to get just the = path : info from a string that contains path and file name information. I am : looking an MFC or WinAPI function to do that becaus...

latest update too MSCFV2

Assigning value to text box in a form
Hello there, I'm trying to assign a value to a text box. I thought that would have been pretty easy but I keep getting an error 2448 "You can't assign a value to this object" This is the simple code that I've been using to do so Me.txtTotalAmount.Value = "123" Any idea on what I could modify the codes to make it work? Thanks, Bruno. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200708/1 How about Me.txtTotalAmount = "123" Bob "brunogrd via AccessMonster.com" <u34397@uwe...

Simple hack to get $800 to your home.
Simple hack to get $800 to your home at http://fullenjoy.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

Dynamic Menu update

Anyone know how to Automatically transfer CSV data to Web page forms?
How can you populate a form fields on a html web page (client side) with data from an Excel file (CSV). The web page has several text fields for input that I manually populate. I would like to transfer the data into the web form automatically from the CSV file. How can this be done? TIA Jman -- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- - Jman, I had some success using the SendKeys method in VBA. It wasn't a web form -- it was a terminal emulator -- but I think I did...

Image map in a form
Hi, I am trying to create a seating application for a theater. I already created a chart in Excel for every seat. I can save it as an image and use as the background for my form. I want to create a chart/form where the user clicks on a seat and a new form pops up with that section showing the names of each person who bought that seat. This way they can graphically see which seats are empty, and who is seated where. The problem is that there are over 500 seats!! I could make 500 tiny text boxes over the image, and have their Click events coded, but that would make me los...

how to remove shading of shapes in Excel 2007 (with an .xls workbo
Excel 2003 did not shade (color) shapes when added to existing graphics (.jpg). Excel 2007 using the old workbook (compatability mode) does shade (color) the shapes. I would like to get the old behaviour as it, (shading), uses a lot of ink and gets in the way of reading the text information on the shape. Is there any way to get Excel 2007 to NOT add shading (color) to the added shapes? Should I be using plain text-boxes instead of shapes? ...

online updates for money2003(not updating)

Payroll Update

Want to connect to web site and xfer/get results using vba
I am looking for a way to put querries in Excel then macro out to web sites and pass or get information. ...