update subform from value in another form

I have a mainform and two subforms liked through member number. I want to
enter data in the subform for every quarter for each member. I have an
unbound combo box in the main form to select the quarter. How do I store the
quarter information for each member in the subforms based on the combo box. I
don’t want to store the quarter information in the main form.

SeekAns -

It sounds like you are adding new records in the subform.  If so, set the
default value of the control in the subform to be the value selected in the
combo box on the main form.

--
Daryl S

"SeekAns" wrote:

> I have a mainform and two subforms liked through member number. I want to
> enter data in the subform for every quarter for each member. I have an
> unbound combo box in the main form to select the quarter. How do I store the
> quarter information for each member in the subforms based on the combo box. I
> don’t want to store the quarter information in the main form.
Than you. But How do I do that.

I went to the property section of the text box in my subform and in the
default value propery I gave
Forms![Main form name]![ComboboxName] . It is not working.

Thanks for you help.

"Daryl S" wrote:

> SeekAns -
>
> It sounds like you are adding new records in the subform.  If so, set the
> default value of the control in the subform to be the value selected in the
> combo box on the main form.
>
> --
> Daryl S
>

> "SeekAns" wrote:
>
> > I have a mainform and two subforms liked through member number. I want to
> > enter data in the subform for every quarter for each member. I have an
> > unbound combo box in the main form to select the quarter. How do I store the
> > quarter information for each member in the subforms based on the combo box. I
> > don’t want to store the quarter information in the main form.

Update for MS Money 2005?

Problem with Script Updating

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Update question

TAG value problem/SET Tag value
i get an error message: method or data member not found: Assessment is a combo box and field name in which the user is storing a diagnosis test description. maybe the problem is the AFTERupdate part of the code: Private Sub Combo_assessmt_AfterUpdate() Dim db As Database Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Dim strSQL As String Set db = CurrentDb strSQL = "SELECT diagcode " & _ "FROM diagnosis " & _ "WHERE diagname = '" & Me!assessment & "'" Set rs = db.OpenRecordset(strSQL, dbOpenSnapshot) Me.assessment.Tag = Nz(rs!d...

Value Axis compressed
In Excel 2003, I have several worksheets that include charts. These are all standard charts created by "Insert / Chart" and formatted with Excel's chart tools. In some of them, the value axis is highly compressed when the chart is viewed in print preview or is printed. When viewed in normal mode, the chart is OK. These are line graphs. For example, even though the values are OK, the spacing of the grid in the plot area is vertically compressed to an extreme, perhaps to as little as one-third of its normal height. The plot area is also raised to the top of the graph ...

How update entity in post update?

latest update too MSCFV2

send and return value from storedprocedure
Hi i have to run a storedprocedure : CREATE PROCEDURE cins_ev @out as int OUTPUT, @in as int AS SELECT @out=@in+5 RETURN 10 that gets imput parameters and returns output parameters. I read the help apge about CRecordset and i wrote some code .... but it doesnt work. this is my code, can you explain me what have i to do to let it run??? thanks Carlo class my_event : public CRecordset { public: my_event(CDatabase* pDatabase = NULL); DECLARE_DYNAMIC(my_event) // Field/Param Data //{{AFX_FIELD(my_event, CRecordset) long m_in; long m_out; //}}AFX_FIELD // Overrides // ClassWizard ge...

Assigning value to text box in a form
Hello there, I'm trying to assign a value to a text box. I thought that would have been pretty easy but I keep getting an error 2448 "You can't assign a value to this object" This is the simple code that I've been using to do so Me.txtTotalAmount.Value = "123" Any idea on what I could modify the codes to make it work? Thanks, Bruno. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200708/1 How about Me.txtTotalAmount = "123" Bob "brunogrd via AccessMonster.com" <u34397@uwe...

Anyone know how to Automatically transfer CSV data to Web page forms?
How can you populate a form fields on a html web page (client side) with data from an Excel file (CSV). The web page has several text fields for input that I manually populate. I would like to transfer the data into the web form automatically from the CSV file. How can this be done? TIA Jman -- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- - Jman, I had some success using the SendKeys method in VBA. It wasn't a web form -- it was a terminal emulator -- but I think I did...

How to call another file in your xml document.
Greetings. I have an app which calls "text.xml", which is stored on a network share. Each user has different text requirements. what I want is for "text.xml" which is stored on the network, to read a file locally on the user's macine (i.e. c:\localtext\text.txt) and populate it with the local contents and display it. So for each user the content would be customized to his liking. Please let me know if this is possible and if so, how. Thank You Hemang "Hemang Shah" <v-hshah@microsoft.com> wrote: > Please let me know if this is possible and if...

Dynamic Menu update

online updates for money2003(not updating)

How do I match values from cells to a list of info
Which function would I use to link data entered in to cells to the corresponding value in the chart. A B C D 1 1 1.5 2 2 .5 2 7 12 3 1 3 8 13 4 1.5 4 9 14 5 2 5 10 15 6 2.5 6 11 16 According to the chart 2x1.5=10. If one cell has the value of 2 another cell has the value of 1.5, is there a function to connect the info? Sorry if the question makes no sense, I am struggling. Any help would be greatly appreciated. One way... A10 = vertical lookup ...

RE: Moving a Mailbox from Storage group to another SG
Hello's I'm trying to move mailboxes from one Storage group to another on the same server. I have tried using Exchange Tasks to move the mailbox. However, Exchange Tasks fails the job due to what it says are errors. I have tried using Exmerge to create a PST of the mailbox, but still need the mailbox present in the destination SG to import the PST into the mailbox. Please advice on how to perform this task. thanks Blue. are the accounts enabled? is it perhaps a "storage limit" issue? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Bluehades" <Bluehades@discussions.microsoft....

Payroll Update

[ANN] Excel X security update

Set date range and filter results via form/menu for Report Preview
I created a form to use as a "print menu" for a report. You can select the date range (txtStartDate and txtStopDate). I have this part of the code working. However, I also need to be able to filter based on the job flag: [Flag] with value of 1, 2 or 3-- OR show all (still applying the date range). I created a list box on the form and named it [ReportFilter]. It's bound to the first column (hidden) with 0 for All, 1, 2 and 3 to correspond with the Flag names. I can't figure out how to get All records to show on top of not being able to incorporate with the above date range. H...

Determing active form to process function
I suppressed the Ctl-P shortcut by creating a ^p autokey macro that does nothing. Now I want Ctl-P to execute a function if a specific form is open and do nothing otherwise. I added a condition to the macro that if the active from is Data Entry ([Screen].[ActiveForm].[Name]="Data Entry"), it should run the function and the next command is StopMacro. The function runs correctly if the active form is Data Entry, but it returns the error "The Object you referenced in the Visual Basic Procedure as an OLE object isn't an OLE Object" if the screen the user is on is ...