Update Form from Table

I am not new to Access but new to forms.  I am using Access 2000 and have
created a table and a form based on that table.  How do I get the form to
automatically update when I enter new data into the table?
--
Thanks, Kim

Kim,

You question  seems a bit backwards.  Why do you want to update the table
and have it show in the form?
When you open a form, it establishes its recordset.  If new records are
added to the table manually while the form is open, the form doesn't know
about the new records.  To make the form aware of the records, you have to
requery the form, but this does not make sense in a normal application.

If I am not understanding correctly, please post back.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"Kim P." wrote:

> I am not new to Access but new to forms.  I am using Access 2000 and have
> created a table and a form based on that table.  How do I get the form to
> automatically update when I enter new data into the table?
> --
> Thanks, Kim

Error: Can't clean up the following tables: PriceLevel. 02-13-05
Hello all, using CRM 1.2 on a win2k3 server we get this error in the application event log: Source: MSCRMDeletionService Event ID: 5895 - Error: Can't clean up the following tables: PriceLevel. Category: none User: n/a Computer: our_exchange_server ooppps, I forgot, of course many thanks in advance for any tip! ...

Update for MS Money 2005?

pivot table with dynamic base data
hiya, im trying to create a pivot table where I can change my base data (inserting or deleting rows of data) and still have this reflected in the pivot table. My solution was to use entire columns as my range for input to the pivotTable, but this means including blank rows which seems to muck up the calculations. I cant think how else i can allow for new rows to be added to the base data anyone got any ideas how to do this? thanks loads for your help! You can use a dynamic range as the source. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html bb wrote: > hiy...

Problem with Script Updating

Excel 2010 Slicer Connection / Pivot Table Problem
Working in Excel 2010 beta. I have two pivot tables created from different SSAS cubes. I have PowerPivot add in installed, but not using it for this project. The two pivot tables both share several similar dimensions. When I try to connect a given slicer to both pivot tables, the 2nd pivot table is not available in the "Pivot Table Connections" window. The only pivot table listed in the "Pivot Table Connections" is the one for which the slicer was originally created. All of the posts I've seen so far say that all the pivot tables in the workbook should appear...

From temporary table to master table and then join this in junction table
Hello, I have imported two spreadsheets from excel to two temporary tables called "import_tbl_contract" and "import_tbl_products". I do this on daily basis and import many spreadsheets. I end up with these data: [import_tbl_contract] contract_number contract_title start_date end_date [import_tbl_products] product_number product_text price I now append these data to the following two tables: [tbl_contract] contract_id (PK) contract_title start_date end_date e.g. 1; Syringes and needles; 01-01-2010; 31-12-2010 [tbl_products] product_id ...

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Update question

How update entity in post update?

latest update too MSCFV2

putting data into multiple tables
Using Access 2002 and would like to enter data into form which will then send to fields in multiple tables and update them. Can this be done and how need basic explanation Why do you want to send the data to different Tables? If The Tables all belong to the same Database. ie you're not dealing with different back-end systems, you probably have a serious normalization problem. Data should normally only have to be in one table in a relational database. Pieter "Phillipa" <Phillipa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:994354EC-1216-4EEB-9CA9-D9F0880B03C5@mic...

Assigning value to text box in a form
Hello there, I'm trying to assign a value to a text box. I thought that would have been pretty easy but I keep getting an error 2448 "You can't assign a value to this object" This is the simple code that I've been using to do so Me.txtTotalAmount.Value = "123" Any idea on what I could modify the codes to make it work? Thanks, Bruno. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200708/1 How about Me.txtTotalAmount = "123" Bob "brunogrd via AccessMonster.com" <u34397@uwe...

Anyone know how to Automatically transfer CSV data to Web page forms?
How can you populate a form fields on a html web page (client side) with data from an Excel file (CSV). The web page has several text fields for input that I manually populate. I would like to transfer the data into the web form automatically from the CSV file. How can this be done? TIA Jman -- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- - Jman, I had some success using the SendKeys method in VBA. It wasn't a web form -- it was a terminal emulator -- but I think I did...

Dynamic Menu update

Image map in a form
Hi, I am trying to create a seating application for a theater. I already created a chart in Excel for every seat. I can save it as an image and use as the background for my form. I want to create a chart/form where the user clicks on a seat and a new form pops up with that section showing the names of each person who bought that seat. This way they can graphically see which seats are empty, and who is seated where. The problem is that there are over 500 seats!! I could make 500 tiny text boxes over the image, and have their Click events coded, but that would make me los...

online updates for money2003(not updating)

Searching database for name of table or parts thereof?
Hi there, I have about 50 tables in my Access database. As you can imagine, it can be difficult to find specific tables. I would like to search all the tables for a table name or parts thereof. How can I do that? I looked for it, but could not come up with an approach. Thank you for your help. On Mar 3, 4:14=A0pm, FSPH <F...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have about 50 tables in my Access database. As you can imagine, it can b= e > difficult to find specific tables. I would like to search all the tables f= or > a table name or parts thereof. http://databases.aspfa...

Multiple Pivot Tables?
Am I able to have two different pivot tables in the same worksheet? What I am doing is I made a timesheet and we have one pivot table that counts up the Service Type and sums the Time. I now want a separate pivot table that will give me the Job Number and the total time associated with that particular job. I can't seem to figure this out. Any help is greatly appreciated. THANK YOU! ...

Payroll Update

[ANN] Excel X security update