Typing an adress in a form and verify if it exist in another form

Hi,
One form for user without permit.
One form for user with permit.
If a user without permit takes a permit, a click on a button transfer the
user in the form for user with permit and destroy the user without permit.
But !
Sometimes a user with permit is created, and we realize to late that the
same user already existed in the form for user without permit.
I would like, after finishing to type the user address, using the form for
user with permit, to verify if the address already exist in the table for
user without permit.
In both form, the address is compose of three fields : number, apartment,
street. The merge of the three fields should form a unique key.
I already create a query QryAddressWithoutPermit creating the field
AddressWithoutPermit merging of the three fields.
Could an event after update of street field in the form for user with permit
compare the new address (merge of the three fields) with the
AddressWithoutPermit of the QryAddressWithoutPermit ?
Hope this is not to confusing.
Thank you for your help,
C�line

The standard approach to this would be:

Have a single table for users with/without permit

Use a unique key of the 3 address components, as stated. This will prevent
duplicates.

Have a checkbox field that is checked if the user has a permit

Set up your forms based on 2 queries with criteria

Criteria for the Without Permit Users: Checkbox = 0

Criteria for the With Permit Users: Checkbox = -1

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq
2/24/2008 7:20:26 PM
Thank you for your answer.
I don't know if I can follow your advice.
The DateBase is already in use with multiple queries etc.
Any other suggestions ?
C�line

"Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe> a �crit dans le message de
news: 80394822d5371@uwe...
> The standard approach to this would be:
>
> Have a single table for users with/without permit
>
> Use a unique key of the 3 address components, as stated. This will prevent
> duplicates.
>
> Have a checkbox field that is checked if the user has a permit
>
> Set up your forms based on 2 queries with criteria
>
> Criteria for the Without Permit Users: Checkbox = 0
>
> Criteria for the With Permit Users: Checkbox = -1
>
> --
> There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
>
> Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Hi everybody,
I can't definitively follow that advice because the permits are automaticaly
numbered and the numbers have to be in order.
If there is always more than one way to skin a cat, maybe somebody else can
suggest another way to solve my problem.
Thank you for your help,
C�line

"Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe> a �crit dans le message de
news: 80394822d5371@uwe...
> The standard approach to this would be:
>
> Have a single table for users with/without permit
>
> Use a unique key of the 3 address components, as stated. This will prevent
> duplicates.
>
> Have a checkbox field that is checked if the user has a permit
>
> Set up your forms based on 2 queries with criteria
>
> Criteria for the Without Permit Users: Checkbox = 0
>
> Criteria for the With Permit Users: Checkbox = -1
>
> --
> There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
>
> Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Pie of Pie Chart type with smaller pie showing slices of main slic
Hi How can I do the following: Lets say I have the following labels and data For the main pie I have A,B,C labels with A =5, B =10, and C =20. So my main pie would show 3 slices with C being the largest slice. To do this I highlight the 3 labels and their data and choose Insert, Pie, Pie in a Pie to show a main pie on the left with 3 slices and a smaller solid pie to the right with series lines connectiing them. I want to show the solid smaller pie on the right in several slices to show how the C slice of 20 is broken down. lets say the main slice C of 20 is made up ...

Deleting Organizational Forms Library
How do I delete forms in the Organizational Forms Library in Outlook? Never mind. I got my answer in the SBS NG where the MVP's really rock. thanks anyway. "Allen M" <ajmiyake@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OxC9dNpRFHA.1564@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How do I delete forms in the Organizational Forms Library in Outlook? > ...

Convert Lead only if picklist on the Lead form is 'Yes'
Hi Team, We are using CRM 4.0 Professional. I'm just wondering if its possible to set a condition to only convert the lead when a qualifying question on Lead form is selected Yes. If the value is not selected it should alert the User. Appreciate any ideas sharas I'd recommend hiding the "Convert Lead" button until that Field = "Yes". You'd need to search through the HTML of the Lead to find the Button name which you will later reference in your code. To get to the Lead's HTML code: 1.) Open up any lead in CRM and hit the F11 button twice. This'll ex...

Continuous Form Yes/No
I have several vendors that supply the same product. In order to always be using the best price i have a database that controls which price/vendor i am currently using. My table has a vendor name, vendor number, product style, my company number and a yes/no field. So for one item my table looks like this: Vendor Name Vendor # Style Comp# Current Company A 123 A 1 yes Company B 3-40 A 1 no Company C 33040 A 1 no So i am currently purchasing my product style A num...

Typing in macros
I have made a few macros and use them in word and excel 2000. When I see typed out macros on the message boards I am not quite sure how to use them. Do I go into the editor, type them in and then link them with a button on the toolbar? What module do I put them in and is there one for the personal worksheet. I have been struggling with the syntax of Visual Basics for years. Just need a step by step explanation. Thank You Sue In general, the macros you see in the groups are likely to be ordinary macros that will go into a general module in the VBE, eg:- Hit ALT+F11 and this will...

Open File Dialog to fileter multiple file types at once...?
Hello, Here is another quick one for you all. The solution is probably simple, but I cannot find the answer anywhere. I have the following code: CFileDialog OpenDlg(TRUE, NULL, NULL, OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT | OFN_HIDEREADONLY, ""); // Later must set this to retrieve a value from the registry OpenDlg.m_ofn.lpstrInitialDir = "c:\\"; OpenDlg.m_ofn.lpstrFilter = "txt Files\0*.txt\0Doc Files\0*.doc\0"; OpenDlg.DoModal(); I am trying to get the box to filter out everything but the *.doc and the *.txt files ... I have seen some boxes that have something that...

Rectification of wrong posting type
Hi There is one PL account say "Mic Expenses" has got wrong posting type "Balance sheet", when we closed the year 2005 ,System has brought forward the balance of that account into next year 2006, which otherwise should have been gone into the Retain Earning of 2006, is there any option to rectify this error, other then passing rectifying JV in 2005(coz in that case if I take last year TB then ending balance of this account would be Zero) or restoring the backup and doing closing procedure again. Thanks in Advance Shabnam There is a Article ID for this in partner s...

Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types?
Hi, I am getting the above error message everytime I try to insert a chart or any type into a completely blank presentation using either the Insert, Chart command or the Insert Chart button in the Title and Content slide layout. I am using 2007. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA, Shane Devenshire Try running Office Diagnostics, Shane. Open PPT or Excel, hit the Office button, then <app> Options | Resources. I think that may resolve this issue. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007...

continous form question
Hi, I have a 'continous form' which gets its data from a table. Im using a form for ease of use by the operator and data is displayed in text boxes. My form has 6 columns and thousands of rows - so many records in the table. (its pretty much like an excel spreadsheet). However, on my form, i have a text box and i want the text box to change to eg VBred, if the time on the current record matches the time on the next record. (obvousley time is one of the pieces of data and displayed as hh:mm) As my form is a continous form, if i add my 'colour' text box to ...

Access 2007 form in full screen view
I have a form in Access 2007 that multiple users will be adding data to and would like them to view it in full screen view. How do I make this work? Do you mean you want it maximized ? Then use: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdAppRestore (in startup function or macro) DoCmd.Maximize (in form onOpen) -- BrerGoose Moose-Tech Software: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/webspace/MTS/Home.htm ...

Duplicating Text To Another Spreadsheet
I created a form in Word, cut and pasted it into Excel on three different spreadsheets. How can I format the spreadsheet to copy text to the other two spreadsheets without having to enter text three different times? Please advise and thank you in advance Check out Excel help on "select multiple sheets" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:14:17 -0700, "The Inquirer" <sonymw@msn.com> wrote: >I created a form in Word, cut and pasted it into Excel on three different >spreadsheets. >How can I format the spreadsheet to copy text to the oth...

Variables as identifiers in forms
I want to programatically assign values to controls. I can do it explicitly but am unable to do it by reference. frmPreWash1 is the main form frmDiagnostics is a tabed subform on frmPreWash1 DateOfVisit is a textbox on frmPreWash1 DateOfVisit is a control for a column in the underlaying table tblDiagnostices The user enters a date in the main form text box. The Tabed subform has multiple tabs each relating to a different table. Each subtable has a column for [DateOfVisit] As the user enters data on each subform I want to capture the main form textbox date for each subform cont...

need help to declard type=IntType instead type="xsd:int" with xml schema
Hi, I am writing C# code to produce xml schema. //Create attribute XmlSchemaAttribute att2 = new XmlSchemaAttribute(); att2.Name = "CustomerID"; att2.SchemaTypeName = new XmlQualifiedName("int",schemaNS); att2.Use = XmlSchemaUse.Required; ct.Attributes.Add(att2); I need to produce schema with custom data type instead of the xsd:string or xsd:int The code above will produce the following schema <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xsd:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" version="1.0" xmlns:xsd=...

click on a cell copy to another sheet

outlook type interface
I have an SDI application and want to change it so I have a split window, on the left I want a TreeControl above a 'PropertyGrid' control. Then my exisiting SDI Client in the space on the right Can anyone point in the right direction to achieve this Any help will be much appreciated Thanks Phil You need to use two CSplitterWnds (as members of your CMainFrame). Override CMainFrame::OnCreateClient and create a vertical splitter as the main child (i.e. 1 row, 2 cols). Then you want to create a horz splitter as a child of the left-hand pane of the main splitter (which has 2 rows, 1 c...

insert, append from form to table
I have a form bound to a query made up of several tables, and to try and speed things up, I am using unbound combos (sourced by lookup tables), and running append queries before exiting the form, after all of the fields are filled in. This works fine for completely new records, but what do I do if I would like to change existing ones? I tried to run update queries from If Me.[form_cbo_box_name] <> Me.[txt_field_from_main_query] Then but it won't fire. I need to find out if the combo has changed, and update it if it has, append it if it was formerly blank, and ignore it i...

Scatterplots with different colors based on Type of Data
Is it possible to plot a scatterplot with different colors for 2 sets of data? E.g Type of Agreement MRP Discount% Limited 10 5% UnLimited 20 10% I want to show different colors for Limited & Unlimited. Is it possible to plot scatterplots on both axis(Primary & Secondary) Please let me know. Thanks, Satish If I use this range to make a chart Limited 10 5% Unlimited ...

how to make an order form for a Flower sale?
we have a local club that sells flowers each year. I need to make the order form that will allow me to order several various kinds of flowers for several different people. When you open Excel, go to the standard toolbar and hit File -> New. If using Excel 2003, you might get options that say "on my computer" and "Templates from Office Online". You can find a Sales Invoice template under the "on my computer" which can be easily changed to a sales order template. In other versions of Excel, look within the tabs containing templates when you choose File ...

QAT Reference to Macros in Another Workbook Don't Stick
Running Excel 2007 under Vista. I have one workbook which will contain all my data, and a second which contains a set of macros. By adding the second workbook as a reference, I am able to access all of the macros from the first. (I did have to add a dummy macro to the first workbook to get the reference to stick.) I can add these macros to the Quick Access Toolbar in the first workbook, and they work until I close the file; however, they are gone when the file is re-opened. I can add my dummy macro from the first file to the QAT, and that sticks. However, if I then add a macro fro...

VSTO Excel 2003 to VB 6.0 Type mismatch
Hi, I have an Addin 2003 Application. In this Application I'm calling an VB 6.0 Dll and I send Excel Application Object as Parameter. In VB Project I'm using Workbook_Open event with WithEvents. I have a messagebox there. Unfortunately when i call VB dll , I get this Error Message -- > Type mismatch. Is there any Idea? Code in VS2008 : private Project1.Class1 vbapp; private void ThisAddIn_Startup(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { #region VSTO generated code this.Application = (Excel.Application)Microsoft....

forms 05-15-10
when i launch my form it takes quite a bit of time to release control to the mouse for me to do anything. my form has subforms, buttons, edit boxes, etc. what is the reason behind this dalay?. it is annoying. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201005/1 You're sitting in front of your database, we're not! If you want us to help you'll have to do a much better job of telling us about your form! Is there code in the Form_Open or Form_Load events of your form? If so, copy and paste it here. Is your form ...

automatically emailing form created in Excel
I have created a template for entering time in Excel. Is there a way (other than file; send to recipient as attachment) to create a link that will automatically email the document to a pre-specified recipient? Am I working backwards? Should I create the form in Outlook? Thanks ...

predictive typing of addressee
I am frequently sending sensitive email to a person who has a very common name. More than once I have almost sent the email to the wrong party because of the Outlook feature that predicts the addressee name. Does anyone know how to eliminate names from the dropdown list that appears as you type tha addressee name? Or is there a way to stop addressee names from appearing automatically as you type in the "To" field. Any help will be appreciated. joanne Use arrow keys to highlight error address, then hit Delete Btn Do you use Contacts?, hitting the 'To' Btn will bri...

How to convert CString type to LPCSTR type
Hi, I have a CString type variable, and I need to convert it's to LPCSTR type ,what I can do! example: CString m_strExecFile(_T("C:\\\\aa.exe")); next I want to call WinExec Command to execute this file LPCSTR lpcstr ; lpcstr = m_strExecFile.GetBuffer(); WinExec(lpcstr,SW_SHOW); BUT the compilier tells me it can not convert w_char * to LPCSTR type! Why? ps. I use vs2005 program in UNICODE mode. Any helpful ideas would be highly appreciated! -joseph Why use a CString in this case at all, if all you are doing is using it in WinExec. Something ...

"Can't change data type" error
I'm trying to reduce the field size of text fields in my database. They defaulted to 255 characters when I created my database but in many cases I only need a size of around 20. When I enter the reduced size for one field in the table design view and try to save the change to that field I get the following errors: "Microsoft Access can't change the data type. There isn't enough diskspace or memory." When I click OK to the above I then get the following message: "Errors were encountered durnig the save operation. Data types were not changed. Properties w...