truncated form view

I set up a 2 page tabbed form in Access 2003 that looks correct in design
view but only shows the top 1/3 for the form in form view. There is a scroll
bar on the right that allows you to scroll through the form. I have played
with auto resize, auto center, default view, and the size to fit with no
change.

Displaying Images on a Form
> Perhaps there is a simple solution to my problem. I am trying to > display photos of clients on a form. I have followed the instructions > given in my ACCESS 2003 manual for embedding images on a form from a > table but the end result displayed is the file name (alexpic.jpg) instead of the image. What am I doing wrong?? Patrick Hey Patrick, Are you embedding it as on OLE object? Deb "trekgoes2malaysia@hotmail.com" wrote: > > Perhaps there is a simple solution to my problem. I am trying to > > display photos of clients on a form. I have followed the i...

Main form won't stay maximized after a report closes
Greetings all~ I have a main form that I want to open maximized and stay maximized until I close the database. The problem is that every time I open a report or another form from this main page, after I close the report or form, my main form is no longer maximized. I placed this code: DoCmd.Maximize In the "On Open" event so it opens maximized. How can I KEEP it maximized? On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 22:51:18 -0000, EvilSewingMachine wrote: > Greetings all~ > I have a main form that I want to open maximized and stay > maximized until I close the database. The probl...

Using text in a Form to run a Query
I run a query every day against our company database to pull in specific information. I then store this information locally in my Access db. To save on space, once I'm done reviewing a record, I delete some of the fields to keep the db space low. My problem is that in the future I may have to retrieve these fields. I keep the ticket number in the Access db the same as our company database (they both have the exact same format). I create a form so that tickets can be inputted and then try to retrieve them from the company db, but it doesn't work if I try to retrieve multiple ...

how can I view Tabs on the screen
I have turned on View | Special Characters. Everything else shows, but the tabs do not. Any ideas on what may have turned them off? Thank you. kauricat wrote: > I have turned on View | Special Characters. Everything else shows, > but the tabs do not. Any ideas on what may have turned them off? > > Thank you. ================================== Just to clarify...what are you referring to as "tabs"? Also which version of Publisher are you using? -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/ac...

Daily Matrix View showing all days of monthn
Hi, I've created a Matrix View and want to display each day of a month in in a column. My data how ever contains only data for some days. How can a change the view to show 0 for days without data? Thanks for any advice in advance Adrian -- Adrian Miller "Adrian Miller" <adrian.miller@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#rvt2rnoKHA.4836@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I've created a Matrix View and want to display each day of a month in in a > column. My data how ever contains only data for some days. > > How can a change the view to s...

Select Names Form
Outlook 2003 - When I create a new mail message and click on the TO button the Select Names form is displayed. In the field " Type Name or Select from List" are the contact Names. Is it possible to configure OUTLOOK to search the contact database by Display Name or Email Address rather than Contact Name? Thank you, Fred Jacobowitz If you already know the email address, just type it in. There's no need = to go through the address book.=20 Ditto with the name. If it's unique, Outlook will resolve it against = your contacts.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of...

can u add fill-in form text box to existing word docx?
I created a document and want to make it a form with fill-in boxes for text information (e.g., name, product selection, date) - i did not start it as a template, just a plain word doc. Seem to remember old Word had capability to insert form fill-in text boxes into Word docs ... thanks for any help ktapman See http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ktapman wrote: > I created a ...

Picklist View
Is there are a way to limit what is shown in a picklist? We have a picklist in CRM 3.0 that has numerous types/values in it, but we only want a few of them to appear. We do not want to remove the others as we may eventually decide to use them. You can remove options in client-side code. In the OnLoad event: //Remove the option with value 2 crmForm.all.your_picklist.DeleteOption(2); Call it multiple times with different indexes to remove the desired values. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Cu...

I need a form with 5 buttons that correspond with values 1-5
I need to create a form with 20 questions. For each question I'd like the user to check one of five buttons corresponding to the values 1-5. Then I'd like the form to total the score from 20 (1x20) to 100 (5x20). If possible I'd like to weight some questions heavier then others. Thanks for your help. Stevereddy@aol.com Hi Have the form ask one question at the time. Then you need a form with a question and 5 score buttons plus a "next" button and maybe even a "previous" button, an invisible question storage area and somewhere to collect and calculate the r...

Solution for changing default message view in Outlook 2003
I saw a bunch of people asking about this and, like others, found that using "Define Views" wasn't being applied to all folders. As near as I can tell if you go into "define views" and change a view by name (not current view), Outlook still applies the changes to the current view if the current view is set to the one you're trying to modify. So to change the default "messages" view on all folders, start Outlook with the "/cleanviews" option to clear things out. Click your inbox, and change it's view to "Messages with Preview" (Vi...

Re: OWA - SSL
for "Basic Authentication(clear text) I typed domain.com not DOMAIN not mail.domain.com ...

Using list box to open forms
I have a list box that lists all the forms in my database. I would like a user to be able to double click on something in the list box, and have it open the corresponding form. Any help on how to do this would be appreciated. Thanks. On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:35:22 -0000, lecoughlin@gmail.com wrote: > I have a list box that lists all the forms in my database. I would > like a user to be able to double click on something in the list box, > and have it open the corresponding form. Any help on how to do this > would be appreciated. > > Thanks. Code the list box Double-Cli...

Building peer groups from a form?
I have financial and demographic information for ~10,000 companies for the last 6 years. My goal is for a user to be able to make custom peer groups of companies for further analysis. It appears that the best way to be able to set up a form so that a user could choose options on a form and then run a query based on the selections made on the form. I'd like to first confirm that this is possible?Peer groups could be based on a few factors (State or states, Asset size, years of data available). Currently, the data is in 6 tables, one for each year. The 6 tables have the same number of fie...

Viewing certificate of authenticity for outlook
I have outlook 2002 on my old laptop. However i need to install it on my new one and i have lost me certificate of authenticity. Can i get into my outlook program and view it so I can use it to install on my new laptop? bump >-----Original Message----- >I have outlook 2002 on my old laptop. However i need to >install it on my new one and i have lost me certificate of >authenticity. Can i get into my outlook program and view >it so I can use it to install on my new laptop? > > >. > RYAN <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have outlook...

how do you display I bonds in portfolio view
I am new to money and am having a few difficulties. I hope someone can help. I have several I bonds of different valuations I have set up treasurydirect to automatically buy I bonds on a weekly bassis. I would like to track these bonds in the portfolio manager and have the money removed automatically from the ACH account that is set up for the purchase of these bonds. I bonds are bought at the face value from treasury direct and have a fixed and variable interest rate. For someone out there that is much more knowledgable in this I would greatly appreciate the help in setting this featur...

How do I do a parameter query on =month([Form])
I need to pull the month out of a birth date (01-Jan-85) and change it to read either Jan or January. Once this is done I than need to do a parameter query to show only those birthdays listed in January. When I get this complete I get an error message or no data at all. How can this be fixed. ...

Viewing archived emails in Outlook Express
I recently had to have Windows re-installed on my computer, so I had a backup made of certain files including all the email I had in Outlook Express. I've managed to open some of them, but can anyone tell me if there's an easy way to open archived email inside Outlook Express? Thank you! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpr...

create drop down list error message in a form
I need to create an error message when a ID# is not found in a drop down list on a form. Any suggestions on how I begin ? At this time when an ID is not found it brings up the 1st record in the form and not nessessarily a match. ...

forms based authentication on exchange 2000?
Are there any third party add-ons that will enable forms based authentication for Exchange2000? Now that MSFT is disabling username:password@www.yourdomain.com in their latest IE security update, I have to find a workaround on the server side that'll let my users seamlessly authenticate to 1 particular common inbox on exchange via some method other than the standard pop-up dialogue box. If we can get passed the basic authentication requirement using some form of forms based authentication then I'll be able to seamlessly authenticate my users on exchange so they can access the data th...

How can I get a path from another process Explorer windows list view item?
I have a windows application that need get a path from the another Process explorer windows list view item. Now I have get the SysListView32 control handle. And I have the text and param the explorer list viev item by the ListView_GetItem method. How can I use the ::SHGetPathFromIDList method get the item path? Is there another way? ...

Can't view PF properties
When ever I try to get to my public folder properties I first get a "Enter Network Password" dialog box. I try to type in the Admin password 4x and than get the error message: Access Denied. Facility: Win32 ID no: 80070005 Exchange Service Manager I am trying to get to the properties screen to give a user permissions to the folder. Can anyone help ...

vlook in forms
WB,Sh1, C5 has this formula =IF(C5>0,VLOOKUP(C4,'F:\[database.xls]sheet1'!$A$1:$K$291,8,FALSE),0) in VBA I have this code, if C4 is not found With Target(1) If Not Intersect(.Cells, Range("C4")) Is Nothing Then If Not IsEmpty(.Value) Then Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Workbooks.Open("f:\database.xls") Set found = .Sheets("1").Columns(1).find( _ What:=Target(1).Value) .Close True End With If found Is Nothing Then _ frmNewData.Show End If End If End With The problem is this..... When there is a typo in C4, the form opens t add new data. th...

Dynamic Forms from XML
Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm trying to create dynamic vb .net forms from xml. Is there an easy way to read in xslt/xml files and create a form with text boxes, combo boxes, etc.? I would also like to load in the data validation. Thanks Hi Brian, Please see my reply in microsoft.public.dotnet.language.vb. AS a supply, you may refer to following article on adding a control to window form dynamically: HOW TO: Programmatically Add Controls to Windows Forms at Run Time by Using Visual Basic .NET http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;308433 Lu...

Calling a form in variable
Hi all, I have some code that I want to share between various forms. My code looks like this in a single form: If Me!txtRef = "" Then Exit Sub End If Where txtRef is a text box value entered by users So I created a public procedure Public Sub TestRef (ByVal FormName as Form) If FormName!txtRef = "" Then Exit Sub End If End sub Then from my form frmTest I created an on click event: Call TestRef(frmTest) I receive a 424 execution error, Object required. What's wrong with this ? Thanks for your help Richard When you pas...

Basic Form Examples in Access.
hi, i m very new to access. I want to Learn Access from the very basic. I just need some help in creating forms & retrieving data into form using tables queries & forms. I had created a Contacts_table containing field which i entered the data using the Form into the table. I want to Create a form from which i want to retrieve data based on the Contacts of the persons in the table like Basing on the First_Name,Area_Code & Location. Also please give me any links of the examples that may be helpful like this. Roger Carlson's tutorials, samples and tips: http:/...