true-false

I want to select a field when the condition (other fields in the same are
true)

anthonyd

You're really going to have to give us a little more explanation of what
you're trying to do/what your problem is for anyone here to help!

anthonyd wrote:
>I want to select a field when the condition (other fields in the same are
>true)

Answers/posts based on Access 2000

missinglinq
3/25/2007 4:50:12 PM
On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 16:02:01 GMT, "anthonyd via AccessMonster.com"
<u32676@uwe> wrote:

>I want to select a field when the condition (other fields in the same are
>true)

Anthony, I appreciate your confidence in our ability to telepathically
determine what you're asking, but you'll have to give us at least some context
and idea of what it is you're trying to do.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
3/25/2007 8:59:28 PM
Funny, John, thoughts of The Great Carnack crossed my mind also!

Answers/posts based on Access 2000

missinglinq

Problems with DataEntry = True
Hi I am opening a form "Add New Job", which on load, sets its DataEntry attribute to true. If I enter no details & close the form, a record had been created, so I added code to delete the record if no details had been entered. Now when I close the form without entering any details, it deletes the current record it has just created, but creates another one with the next sequence number. What I want it to do is create no record if no details are added. How can I achieve this? Yours Stapes Are you sure it's deleting the record you just created? The DataEntry property does...

Set AllowAdditions to false
HI, I have a popup single form that gets its data from a table with one field. I want to only allow the user to enter one new item and then exit the form. I have the the code " DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec" in the form open event. This sends my form to a new record. I have a close button that closed the form and that works fine. The problem is that if the user enters data and presses "Enter" another blank field opens and the user can make another entry. I tried placing "Me.AllowAdditions = False" after the acNewRec code, but that didn't work....

True to TRUE
I'm entering data for a database at work and when I type in the last name "True" Excel is changing it to "TRUE." I try to just undo it and it won't. How do I make it so it's just True???? TRUE is a special value in Excel. To enter True, precede the text with an apostrophe. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Nikki@CustomMortgageSolutions" <Nikki@CustomMortgageSolutions@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E35515F3-F2E8-4B05-B970-66951A7600A4@microsoft.com......

EnableEvents = False not working ???
Code below is on the sheet where I've put ActiveX combo box named cboOthProv, for which the linked cell is A1. If I put a stop on the very first line, then step through, at line Range("A1") = "" execution jumps back to the start, as if events had never been disabled. Isn't the change to the combo box through its linked cell an event? And if it is, then why doesn't Application.EnableEvents = False keep it from triggering the combo box change code to begin again? This is seriously sending me around the bend. Any clues/advice are most...

True Justify Text in multivalued ComboBox
Hi, Is there a way to true justify the text in multivalued ComboBoxespecially on the report (Access 2007)? Thanks in advance, Kozaw ...

Cancel = true
Hi I am attempting to run the following: - Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "KPI Data - New links to PEOPLE table" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview stDocName = "KPI Data - New ATTEND Records" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview Each report has the On No Data property set, displays a message, then sets Cancel = True. However, it appears it doesn't do anything else after Cancel is set to True in the first report. It does not even try to open the second report. I guess this is because Cancel is set to True. How can I unset this - if that is th...

Exchange 2000 SA reports false mailbox size
Some clients (3 so far out of 5000) report getting an email from Administrator stating that their mailbox is close to limit. When I check the actual size of the mailbox (Thru ESM and Outlook folder size) and show considerable less. Example one person got an email saying mailbox was 96mb but actually was only 56mb. No event logs that look suspicious. Scratching my head. Anybody out there ever encounter such a scenario? We have 4 Exchange 2000 Enterprise servers/clustered running Active/active. ...

TRUE vs true or FALSE vs false
What exactly is the difference. This has always bothered me that this is the case. I've noticed that you cannot substitute one for the other. I'm guessing TRUE was the original way of doing things before "true" came along? The same case can be made with FALSE vs false. Thanks On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 09:23:44 -0500, "JCO" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote: >What exactly is the difference. This has always bothered me that this is >the case. I've noticed that you cannot substitute one for the other. I'm >guessing TRUE was th...

Formula is true if proportion of range is true
Trying for true / yes result if at least 50% of range meets criteria eg =IF(AND O2="yes",H2<>"",I2<>"",J2<>"",K2<>"",L2<>"",M2<>"",N2<>""),"yes","no") where O2 must be yes and input is required for at least 4 out of 7 cells between H2 and I2 thank you =IF(AND(O2="yes",COUNTA(H2:N2)>3),"True","False") Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "nussbaum" <nussbaum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7...

Is it true? Word Merge
Is it true that you cannot do a simple merge document directly from MS CRM??? The video I found indicated that you needed to export to excel and then merge with Word? I need the ability to have single letters that can be easily merged with a single contact by end users. I would have thought this would be a base functionality for any CRM but it appears this is not the case. Is there a way to do this? I am loving everything else I am seeing about MSCRM but this is a fundemental requirement and may be a show stopper for us. Could someone please comment. I find it hard to believe t...

true-false
I want to select a field when the condition (other fields in the same are true) -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com You're really going to have to give us a little more explanation of what you're trying to do/what your problem is for anyone here to help! anthonyd wrote: >I want to select a field when the condition (other fields in the same are >true) -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 16:02:01 GMT, "anthonyd via AccessMonster.co...

How do I stop Excel from changing the word true to TRUE?
I am typing names and addresses into an Excel spreadsheet. I have one person whose first name is True. When I type it into the cell, it converts it to TRUE. I know this is a function/formula, but how do I stop it from doing that? Try this: Either put an apostrophe before the name: 'True Or Format>Cells>Number Category: TEXT Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "Schmyerlou" wrote: > I am typing names and addresses into an Excel spreadsheet. I have one person > whose first name is True. When I type it into the cell, it converts it to > TRUE. I k...

Check data range and return false value if a cell is blank
Example Check row A1:R1 and if at least one cell is empty then S1 should indicate "incomplete" otherwise "complete" if every cell in the row has a value =IF(COUNTA(A1:R1)=18,"Complete","Incomplete") -- HTH Bob "DavidS" <DavidS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BFC7A2C-1DDE-446B-BA3C-10972F25EACC@microsoft.com... > Example > Check row A1:R1 and if at least one cell is empty then S1 should indicate > "incomplete" otherwise "complete" if every cell in the row has a value ...

False 5.5.2 error.
As the admin, I have unlimited email space. (Exchange 2000 spk 4 on 2000 server)When I attempted to send myself a 8 meg message from my outside account (yahoo) It bounced with this message. [65.35.33.95 failed after I sent the message. Remote host said: 552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation] Why would the server say this if it isnt so. I used symantec premium for spam put that doesn't set incomming limits. Please help so I han retreve our large mail. Thank You. unlimited email storage space does not mean the same thing as unlimited message size...this messa...

"TRUE" "TRUE" formula needed
Hello, I have Excel 97. I have this in my worksheet: new column A B C D E 1 50 25 TRUE 5 TRUE 2 20 30 FALSE 30 FALSE 3 80 60 TRUE -20 TRUE 4 10 40 FALSE -15 TRUE 5 35 25 TRUE 5 TRUE 6 40 30 TRUE -15 FALSE 7 10 15 FALSE I was previously sent the following formula which worked great for finding every "TRUE" in column C and calculating the values in column D next to every "TRUE" in column C. =SUMPRO...

Count condition true for 3 lookup columns
Hi All, I have a worksheet that contains 3 seperate lookup columns. My challenge is that I need a low overhead way to find and count the combination of true lookups. So if one of the 3 looksup is found I would get a return of '1', if 2 of the 3 are found then '2'. I know I can do this with an array formula, but am worried about the calculation hit as this is a very complex worksheet and already has a long intitial calc time. I suppose I could do the inverse and could an 'iserror' condition and then subract that answere from 3. I thought of using a complex 'if&...

TRUE: Would like it to appear as "True" in the cell.
Using Microsoft Excel 2007. I am typing in a name 'True', but when I type the name it is capitalizing the entire word 'TRUE'. I would like to capitalize only the first letter in the name. How do I achieve this using Excel? I believe Excel recognizes it as a formula. Either: format the cell to Text prior to entry or: precede the value with an apostophe (single quote) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Lindsay" wrote: > Using Microsoft Excel 2007. > > I am typing in a name 'True', but when I type the name it is cap...

Format a column for "True / False"?
Having come from Access I am used to creating a field (column) which can be a "yes\no" or "true\false" but which actually contains "0" or "-1" Is it possible to do this in excel, and is it possible to have a check box on the worksheet which will enter the value for me regards Roga Just use TRUE/FALSE in the column. If you pick a checkbox from the controls toolbox, and link that to a cell, that sets the cell value to TRUE/FALSE. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "roga" <...

Cancel = True
Hello All I have a number of reports where I have set the OnNoData event to Cancel = True. This works fine where the user attempts to open one of the report usign a button created with the wizard for that purpose, but if they click a button where the OnClick event includes lots of DoCmd OpenReport commands, when the code reaches a report with no data they get a message that the OpenReport was cancelled - and the code stops. What do I do? Hope someone can help Many thanks Leslie Isaacs Do you have error handling in your code? IF so, does it use Resume Next? We can'...

Excel: with an if condition display a row of cell if true
Hello, I am a relatively new user and I was asked to set up a contact list for my office. I would like to have one master list on the first worksheet and then kind of query different sections into new worksheets. Is this possible? For example in the main worksheet i would have name, region and supervisor. In the second worksheet I would want only Peel Region enteries to be displayed. The main goal is: If a change something on the first worksheet I would like the other worksheets altered automatically. PLEASE HELP ME. Copy the data that you want from the main worksheet and then paste...

How do I get a true calculation?
Please explain in somewhat more detail what your requirement is. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "reckyroo" <reckyroo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5577D52D-BFE3-4355-BC34-48F015A613E4@microsoft.com... | ...

Countif( 2 criteria = true ?)
Hi can you please help me... I am trying count the number of items based on 2 criteria can you please help me..? Basically I have a sheet and in col A I have Code and col B I have name. eg: Col A - Col B 1001 - Mike 1001 - Dave 1001 - Keith 1002 - Terry 1001 - Mike What I am trynig to do is count how many say ("Mike" col B) with code of say ("1001" col A). so the answer according to the above will be "2". I know I can use the dsum function to do this but the problem is I am trying to get a formula in 1 cell to do the job as opposed to 2 rows + 3 columns.. he...

What's the best way to toggle between true and false in Excel? Hi all, My excel work involves a lot of toggling between true and false (boolean types) ... and it's very repetitive... Is there a w
What's the best way to toggle between true and false in Excel? Hi all, My excel work involves a lot of toggling between true and false (boolean types) ... and it's very repetitive... Is there a way to select a bunch of cells, and press a key short-cut so that they toggle all at once? Thanks! I can't tell you whether this is a "best way" to do what you want or not, but it is "a way" to do it. It doesn't use a key short-cut, rather it uses a right mouse click. Go into the VB editor and double click on ThisWorkbook in the Project window, then copy/paste...

copying true formulas only
I want to create a new row and copy selectively from the one above. I want to copy formats and formulas but not values. I am using Excel 2002. I can use insert to create a new row with all the same formats (including conditional formatting). If I then use paste-->special-->formulas Excel pastes both formulas AND values of the cells which contain no formula. I want to avoid writing something which tests each cell to see if it contains a true formula. Any suggestions anyone? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and ...

Want to write formula
Hello I want an if which checks two conditions If it was in C++ would look like this: if(H3 == "TRUE") || (B2 < B3) //update cell contents to "TRUE" The || is like an OR - ie can be this or that. Hopw can I do this in Excel VBA? Angus Hello Angus, If (Range("H3").text = "TRUE") or (Range("B2").value < Range ("B3").value) then .... Regards, Bernd =IF(OR(H3=TRUE,B2<B3,TRUE,FALSE) This can be simplified to OR(H3,B2<B3) Not I have not use quotes as in "TRUE" since you can type TRUE into a cell an it is...