TouchPad scrolling

how can I disable TouchPad scrolling is a access form with VB code

I have seen this question asked dozens of times over the years, and in fact,
just ran a search that turned up 36 threads on various forums. Sad to say, no
one even  attempted to give an solution for it, which makes me think that an
answer doesn't exist. I suspect the only answer is to disable the scroll thru
the OS. Sorry!

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq

touchpad programming
Would like to adapt my shareware to these new touchpad handhelds (I hope I find one running Windows), but how can I develop for and simulate a touchpad device on a standard desktop PC in VB6? And, if possible, can this be done also under VISTA instead of Win7? Any hints appreciated. Thanks, HHD. On 27/04/2010 12:42, Horst Heinrich Dittgens wrote: > Would like to adapt my shareware to these new touchpad handhelds (I hope > I find one running Windows), but how can I develop for and simulate a > touchpad device on a standard desktop PC in VB6? And, if possible, can > th...

How do I stop the scrolling?
Hello, I am new to this site, I am hoping someone can help me with a problem I am having. I have been using excel for a few years now but only basic stuff. Tonight I did somthing that changed some setting of some kinds and I dont know what I did or how to get it back to the way it was. The way it was,,, when I wanted to move from cell to cell I used the arrow keys on my keyboard. This took me from cell to cell with out having to actually click on the cell. Now what is happening is when I click the arrow keys the whole page is scrolling back and forth or up and down no longer able ...

scrolling #2
Reboot your mashine and make sure that your scroll lock is not on Hi, Whilst its a very good thing to reply to other people with possible answers to problems they may have, its really important to reply within the thread of the query you're replying to. You know the details of this, does anyone else? It means nothing much to me because I don't know what the original question was. Don't stop posting replies though!, this is only advice, please take it in the spirit its given, Regards, Alan. "igor" <igorek@gololed.net> wrote in message news:07c001c3af91$6d258500$a00...

Editable Scrolling Window: The selected record has been deleted by
I have created a Form in Dexterity 7.50 which includes a Window that has an ‘Editable’ Scrolling Window on it. The Scrolling Window is being populated from a custom SQL Table (SQL2000) using a ‘fill window’ statement on the Window, this seems to work fine. The problem I am having is once I click on a row on the Scrolling Window, I get the following error: The selected record has been deleted by another user. I am working on a SQL installation local to my machine and I am certain no one else is deleting the record or even accessing it. What might the problem be? This error normally ...

Toshiba Satellite A350D laptop touchpad scroll?
Hi. My Toshiba Satellite A350D laptop came with Windows Vista 64-bit and had a scrolling option on the touchpad. It was really convenient. There was an annoying taskbar icon I believe I removed. The thing is, I think I removed an advanced option menu from my laptop by removing the icon I did. Which probably had the scrolling option in it. I go into control panel and the mouse section. I can no longer get the same menu. I can use the touch pad and I can use the control panel menu. Does anyone have the same laptop and can let me know how to get into that different menu and turn ...

slow scrolling in excel
Dear readers out there, A colleage of me made some excel sheets. They are very slow with scrolling. Even when i clear all the info and tekst in the sheet; so it looks empty, it is still slow and use 100% CPU utilization. an anyone help me please? TIA Wouter. Wouter Perhaps the used range is larger than what you think. Just clearing cells will not make Excel think they are not in use. Select a sheet and hit CRTL + END keys. Where do you end up? Way down and/or across the sheet? Debra Dalgleish has info and fixes for this at http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Gord Dib...

Scrolling Left to Right in Excel using mouse scroll.
This is the first time I've seen this, a user has a worksheet that scrolls left to right when using the mouse scroll. Every other sheet moves up and down like I've always seen. Anyway any help would be appreciated, sorry for the dumb question. ...

Resize a Scroll Bar
Hi, does someone know how to modify the Width of aVertical Scroll Bar Or the Height of an Horizontal Scroll Bar? Is There a specific method? Thanks. M Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita http://www.x-privat.org/join.php I dont think this can be done unless you provide your own control. Perhaps using a differnt type of control, eg slider, might be what you are looking for. --- Ajay Micheles wrote: > Hi, > does someone know how to modify the Width of aVertical Scroll Bar Or the > Height of an Horizontal Scroll Bar? > Is There a specific method? > Thanks. >...

Menu options for flat scroll bar in List control
hi, I have a problem when I use LVS_EX_FLATSB style in the list control. For all scroll bars we will get a menu when we right click on the scroll bar, that menu will contain options like "Scroll Here", "Scroll Left" etc. Normally these menu scroll options work fine in the list controls with scrolll bars. But when I used LVS_EX_FLATSB style in my list control, the "Scroll Here" options is not working( all opther options like "Scroll Left" , "Scroll Right" works fine ). Is this a problem with control itself?. How can I correct this?. Thanks, N...

Scroll to specific list box entry
I am trying to scroll to a specific line entry in a multi-select list box in response to a user-input search criterion (in a separate text box) so that the desired record becomes visible to the user. I can locate the matching record and determine the line number, but I can't find a VBA method to scroll to reposition the record. My intent is to enable a user to enter the beginning character(s) to locate the section of entries that begin with the user search criterion. From that position, the user can then select the entries of choice. I will appreciate any help. Richard Here a...

scrolling headings
Hey, new to this forum and I hope we can share what we know! Does anyone know how to allow scrolling headings? i.e. headings at th top of the sheet which remains at the top of the page as you scrol down. Anyone -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It's ok, i got it! woo hoo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com That's not sharing! <g> To lock the top row, so it remains visible while you scroll down, select cell A2, then choose Window>Freeze Panes. robparkes < wrote: > It's ok, i got it! woo hoo! -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips...

touchpad scroll no longer works
My laptop (Compaq Presario R3000) recently got a virus. I took it to a technician who did a clean restore. After that, everything worked fine, except for the scroll function on the touch-pad driver. Somebody gave me a link to download a new driver from ALPS, but it did not work. Scroll function still does not work, so frustrating (but of course, it is not a critical function, just convenient). It worked fine before the restore. The technician moved away and his phone number is disconnected, so going back to him is not an option. My computer is running Windows XP Media Center Edit...

Scroll bar disappears when panes frozen
Hi When I freeze the panes on a spreadsheet the right scroll button on the bottom scroll bar disappears. Also a bunch of vertical lines appear within the scroll bar itself. Any ideas on how to stop this from happening woudl be greatly appreciated. Thank you -- Jay Litchfield AIS Inc. ...

Scrolling a Window
Hi I have a problem with scrolling a window I have a class from CWnd and I added some line to let the use to scroll the text in the window but when I move the scroll bar, the text i the window are not Scrolled well I don't know why thanks Are you drawing the text yourself? Are you handling (in the OnHScroll or OnVScroll handler) all of the events you need to handle, and note that scrollbars do NOT automatically update their position when you change it, that the new position MUST be set by the handler? If you are painting the text yourself, are you using ScrollWindow to scroll the conten...

Populate custom data to scroll window
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4B512.C45E9C30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Would you please help let me know how to populate custom data (from non = GP table) to a scroll window? I have a table that store multiple tracking numbers for a line item. = How do I code in Dex so that the scroll windows only show tracking = numbers related to that a line item? Thanks for any help- --=20 Roxy ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4B512.C45E9C30 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-...

How do I get the scroll wheel to act nice in the horizontal plane.
I am using Project, looking at the Ghant view. When I hold the ctrl key down, the scroll wheel zooms in and out horizontally as expected, except the center point is not constrained to the mouse cursor. When I zoom in I end up in a way different place in the view than I would expect. Is this by design? Am I expected to use the silly scroll bar at the bottom of the pane? I am really annoyed by this, and consider it a defect. That's what the Finger button in the menu bar is for. Just select the task you want and click on the thing that looks like an index finger pointi...

automatic scrolling
How do I stop the automatic scrolling in the inbox messages? All of a sudden, the messages began to scroll. If I right click along the scroll bar, a drop box appears with several choices regarding scrolling. However, there is no choice to "turn it off". If there is anyone out there with the answer, I'd be very grateful. Thanks. Windows Mail doesn't do that. There's something wrong with=20 your mouse. Using a wireless mouse with a low battery? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermo...

how can I disable TouchPad scrolling is a access form with VB code

Dexterity: Scrolling window focus
Hi, I'm trying to figure out a way to "select" a line in a scrolling window in Dexterity. What I need to do is programatically set the focus on a line (any line) in the scrolling window so that it is has an active record (ie entire line highlighted). The scrolling window is browse only I have already set a range on the underlying data so everything in the list is valid for what I want to achieve next. I want to then run the script for an existing button which is simple. I'm having a hell of a time just getting the line selected. I have tried the following unsuccessful...

TouchPad scrolling
how can I disable TouchPad scrolling is a access form with VB code I have seen this question asked dozens of times over the years, and in fact, just ran a search that turned up 36 threads on various forums. Sad to say, no one even attempted to give an solution for it, which makes me think that an answer doesn't exist. I suspect the only answer is to disable the scroll thru the OS. Sorry! -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003 Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

creating a pageless scroll
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to create a very, very long page with no breaks. I created a custom document 1,000 cm long, but still I get dotted (........) page breaks at intervals long in advance of 1,000 cm. How do I create an extremely long page with no visual breaks? (This is not for printing, just for reading on screen.) Word is a program designed to create documents which imply pages, printers, etc. That's the way it is. Why don't you cointineu create your work in Word ... then save as HTML file and use a browser to...

Scrolling rows
Ok, don't laugh. I want to know how to set up a row that will stay at the top of the screen when I scroll down the spreadsheet. An example would be Name, address, city, state, zip. I want to be able to keep these cells at the top when I scroll down looking at the data. Does this make sense? Thanks, C- If your Headings are in Row 1, click into Cell A2. Then go to Window | Freeze Panes. tj "C-" wrote: > Ok, don't laugh. I want to know how to set up a row that will stay at the top > of the screen when I scroll down the spreadsheet. An example would be Name, > ...

Scroll Bar Delay
I want to use a scroll bar to control which 18 months of data are viewable. Right now I have an ActiveX scroll bar linked to a cell with the minimum being 11 since the earliest data I want is 11/1/07. In the cell below that I have the formula =DATE(2007,AB3,1), which gives me the starting reference date. Back in Column C I put the formula =$AB$4 in cell C7 then below that (and each subsequent row) =DATE(YEAR(C7),MONTH(C7)+1,1) for 18 months. Then the 4 columns to the right of the date has the various information for that month populated through a pivot table on another sheet usin...

TouchPad Pointer Erratic
Hi, My TouchPad Pointer has recently become Erratic. Notebook computer wasn't used for some time and when I turned it on I noticed the Pointer problem. I clicked on the 'Mouse' Icon in the Control Panel and changed the device settings many times adjusting the Sensitivity from light to heavy, etc. And even went back to a earlier Restore Point - and nothing has worked. The pointer is jerky and stops suddendly or jumps when I am using My TouchPad. Hope someone can offer a suggestion even though the computer is over 6 yo old. -- Thank you, Jean Soooo what does y...

have sheets 2 and 3 scroll the same when scrolling sheet 1?
Is it possible to have worksheets scroll at the same time? For example when you scroll down to line 100 on sheet 1 and then you go to sheet 2 or 3 or 4 that sheet will be on line 100 also? Maybe with a little code: I put this behind the ThisWorkbook module: Option Explicit Dim CurRow As Long Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object) Select Case LCase(Sh.Name) Case Is = "sheet1", "sheet2", "sheet4" If CurRow > 0 Then Application.Goto Sh.Cells(CurRow, 1), scroll:=True End If End Select En...