To print the selected information from the form along with other information

Hello,

I have a form called "New Proposal".I enter the data in the form and
hit the submit button to enter it into the table for new proposal.Now
I want to print out a letter with some of the fields information
entered on the form along with some fixed data that should be there on
it always.
the letter goes like this
Dept Of Research and Graduate Education,---------fixed
College of Pharmacy------------------------------------------fixed

Date Recd-----------------------------------from the present data
entered in form ( as u know changes from one entry to other
PAF#-------------------------------------------------------from the
present form data
Title---------------------------------------------------------from the
present form data
Agency-----------------------------------------------------from the
form

The budget has been checked by---------------some name----fixed

I hope someone can help me out with this.

Thanks

Sama

0
narasimharaosama

<narasimharaosama@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a form called "New Proposal".I enter the data in the form and
> hit the submit button to enter it into the table for new proposal.Now
> I want to print out a letter with some of the fields information
> entered on the form along with some fixed data that should be there on
> it always.
> the letter goes like this
> Dept Of Research and Graduate Education,---------fixed
> College of Pharmacy------------------------------------------fixed
>

> Date Recd-----------------------------------from the present data
> entered in form ( as u know changes from one entry to other
> PAF#-------------------------------------------------------from the
> present form data
> Title---------------------------------------------------------from the
> present form data
> Agency-----------------------------------------------------from the
> form
>
> The budget has been checked by---------------some name----fixed
>
> I hope someone can help me out with this.
>
> Thanks
>
> Sama

In your form, just before you save the record save the key value of the new
record in a variable. Create a report that looks like the letter you want.
Base the report on a query of the table but with no WHERE clause. In your
code, after you save the new record, use DoCmd.OpenReport to open the report
and pass the key of the new record in the WhereCondition parameter:

    DoCmd.OpenReport "my report", , , "[Primary Key] = " & Me.Key_Value

Carl Rapson

0
Carl

Login with pwd & Open the main form depends on pwd
We have three groups of user that will use our database. Administrator (my boss & me), PowerUser (Manager / Supervisor) & NormalUser (clerk) Now, my front-end .accde will open my designed form – (main menu1) without any control. What we are planning are : 1. Users should have input their password (user can change by themselves) before they can login into the main menu. 2. Different class of user can open their own menu only (eg. Poweruser will open Frm_MainMenu1 & NormalUser will open Frm_MainMenu2 …) that depend on what password they input Could you give...

printing copies

Ghosted print and print preview

Using VBA to select Items in multiselect Listbox
How can you programatically select items in a multiselect list box based on their lables? Certain groups of items in my multiselect listbox will be frequently selected together. I want to have check boxes elsewhere on the form that a user can click that will cause a group of items to be selected in the list box. The list box itself is used to make an sql statement. Thanks. Marcie "bymarce" <bymarce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF7548C3-FBE9-498B-9455-6EE50A8F2E17@microsoft.com... > How can you programatically select items in a mult...

code wild card value for form variable
i use a check box in an option group to generate a specific value for a variable. using the following code If Forms![fee sched form]![select region] = 2 Then Forms![fee sched form]![region var] = "Roch" End If If Forms![fee sched form]![select region] = 3 Then Forms![fee sched form]![region var] = "CNY" End If this variable is hidden on the form and value is used a query. how do i code this, so i can put "*" in the variable and thereby get all values in the query? the query code generates like "*" but i do not know how to code via the fo...

Simple date on form
Hi. I need to show the current date in a text box on a form, allow tha date to be edited if need be by the user, then when the user clicks th save button, save the edited (or if not edited, current date) to th worksheet. I also don't want the date to read mm/dd/yy. I would lik it to read dd/mm/yy. I'm pretty sure I know how to save to the worksheet, but I thought had better mention it, as there may be some little trick to it!. Can anyone help me please -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Do you need it to be on a form? using an input box would be easier, somethi...

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Printing booklet

Check printing in GP 7.0

Cannot protect form
I have a form that I have created. I am ready to protect it, but "Yes, start enforcing protection" is greyed out. What might be wrong? Thanks! Sorry, accitentally posted in wrong area. "Kila" wrote: > I have a form that I have created. I am ready to protect it, but "Yes, start > enforcing protection" is greyed out. What might be wrong? Thanks! Could you clarify what you're doing? Outlook has no command like that. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Admini...

Multiple Pivot tables from One selection
I would like 2 or 3 pivot tables to use on pivot table selection. I.e the selection criteria of the 1st pivot table on the menu page determines what the page data of the other pivot table displays on seperate sheets where the other pivot tables are contained. So the selection of one pivot table controls the rest. -- dapo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dapo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29967 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496616 Check the "Synchronize 2 Piv...

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Problems with printing

Saving a Customized Form Times Out
When we try to customize a form and save it, it hangs for awhile, then we get a "this page can not be displayed" error. However, it appears that the customizations made to the form still get saved. It only happens when we try to save changes to a form. Has anyone had this problem before? Any information will be extremely appreciated! Thanks, Dusty ...

data from sql to pdf form
how can i merge data like customer name, address, etc. from sql to a pdf form? thank sam Idea #1 Sql Server Reporting Services. PDF is one export option. You should supply which version(s) of Sql Server you have.............the more information you provide, the more exact any tips can be. "Sam" <focus10@zahav.net.il> wrote in message news:uUqHHPLhKHA.5424@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > how can i merge data like customer name, address, etc. from sql to a pdf > form? > > thank > sam > > sql server 2000 &quo...

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Running tally on form
MS Access 2003 front end, Sql back end, multiple user environment. Info: I have a form used for auditing evidence. It is based on a select query whose criteria is the storage location [STORAGE]. A barcode is scanned which inputs the unique identifier [ID] for the item. VBA code then determines if the item is still active or needs to be destroyed based on the status of the evidence [DISPOSITION]. If it is active ([DISPOSITION]=0), several fields are populated with information to show that the item has been audited, who audited it, and at what time. If it is to be destroyed ...

Printing in Vista

how to launch a notepad with the supplied information
hi, i was stuck up in the project where a string is to be supplied to the notepad so that it can be saved anywhere else, ( the entire thing is in MFC not in ATL or so) can anyone who knows the answer help me, appreciation in advance, paul paul wrote: > i was stuck up in the project where a string is to be supplied to the > notepad so that it can be saved anywhere else, ( the entire thing is in > MFC not in ATL or so) > can anyone who knows the answer help me, One way is to save text in a file and then open the file in notepad. Another way is to CreateProcess, WaitForInputIdle,...

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Printing problem