The disappearing form

In using Access 2007, I have a database with five joined tables.  I want to
make a form, based on the "main table" and then four individual subforms.
This works fine for the first of the four subforms, but when I add the second
in design view, and then look at my handy work in Form View, all I have is a
blank, white display, none of the controls are visible.  This is the most
complex form I have ever attempted and can not determine what is wrong.
Please help.
Paul

If your form is blank, that generally means there was no data there to show.
Make sure your control source on the mainform is correct and that all the
link master-child fields are correct from subform to mainform.
--
Milton Purdy
ACCESS

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 05:34:01 -0700, PA <PA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>In using Access 2007, I have a database with five joined tables.  I want to
>make a form, based on the "main table" and then four individual subforms.
>This works fine for the first of the four subforms, but when I add the second
>in design view, and then look at my handy work in Form View, all I have is a
>blank, white display, none of the controls are visible.  This is the most
>complex form I have ever attempted and can not determine what is wrong.
>Please help.
>Paul

It sounds like you're trying to create a five table query and use that query
for your form. This won't work (a blank form means that the form's
Recordsource returns no records and is not updateable).

Instead, base the main form on the master table, and base each subform on one
of the related tables. You don't need a big complicated query in order to get
a big complicated form <g>...
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 11:44:02 -0700, PA <PA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thank you for the replies.
>Basing the form(s) on the tables is what I did.  Not only do the controls
>disappear but the labels also disappear.   I am at a loss to explain it.

I wonder if you perhaps set the Data Entry property of the forms to Yes; and
perhaps the Alllow Additions and/or Allow Edits properties to No.

This symptom means that there are no records in the form's recordset (so you
can't see any existing records) and that the form does not allow additions
either (so you can't see the blank New Record). Is there data in your tables?
What are these properties of the form?
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Signature logo disappears on reply
I'm finding that with multiple versions of Outlook, a logo used in the signature disappears when included on a reply/forward. Does anyone know a fix for this? Thanks ...

Scroll Bar on Forms
I am using tab controls to move through my forms. When the form opens, the right scroll bar is not at the top, but a little ways down. This prevents the tabs from being seen, without moving the scroll bar to the top. I am using a Form Header and a detail section. How can I make sure the scroll bar on the right, stays at the top upon opening the form. Thanks In your form's Load event, SetFocus to a control that can receive the focus and will result in your form being scrolled to the proper location, -- HTH Stephen Lebans http://www.lebans.com Access Code, Tips and Tricks Please re...

Folders Are Disappearing !
I have several (Outlook 2007) folders and various rules directing certain emails to certain folders. But some of those folders magically disappear and my rules become useless because everything goes into one folder (inbox). Anyone know why this happens, and what to do about it ? The rules would not work if the folders are not there to move the files (emails) into them, so that part is understable. We just need to address why the folders are disappearing and how to prevent it. I need some clarification on where these folders are located. Are they sub-folders of Personal Folder. I hav...

Contacts Disappearing.
Everytime one of our employees enter a new contact or update a current contact. Some of them disappears or the update does not take place. Thanks I'd first copy them all to a pst so you don't lose anymore. Import them into a test mailbox and see if it has the same issue. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "...

Disappearing Menu Items
I added News to the Go menu of Outlook 2003 as described in the help files. This worked fine for a few days but then it disappeared from the menu list. Even worse it isn't in the Customise options any more so I can't add it again. Now I can only access News groups by starting Outlook Express directly. Anyone know how to add it to the menu items again please? To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch...

updater in system tray disappears
Windows XP SP3, IE7 When the icon for windows tray appears telling me I have updates, I click on it, chose custom, and chose the updates I wish to install. It starts downloading the updates, and the icon disappears, but never comes back to let me install the updates. -- Even if I reboot. So if I go into IE and choose Windows Update tool, I select the updates I want. After these have downloaded again, all of a sudden the icon appears again in the system tray, like, oh -- I forgot -- you can install these updates now. At this time I usually just let IE7 install the updat...

Mails disappearing.
I tried to move a mail to a folder using "Right Click > Move to folder > OK" without selecting any folders. The default selection was "Personal Folder". Noted that this mail had moved from the inbox. But no idea where the mail has gone. Please help to find those mails. Best Regards Same. Then they are probably in the Outlook Today folder. See here how you can retrieve them; www.howto-outlook.com/faq/mailoutlooktoday.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office XP CD slip...

CRMbar in Outlook disappears
Hello, On the notebooks of our employees I've installed the Desktop CRM Client. On some of these notebooks after a while, the CRM bar in Outlook disappears. Menu > View > Toolbars > Microsoft CRM is checked, and the only solution that worked for me untill now is to do a Repair from the Client install CD. Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Because more and more people are having this problem. Regards, Dirk ...

Disappearing M driive
I'm running Windows Server 2000 with exchange 5.5 and caome in today and my m drive is no longer showing up. Tried rebooting and still, no m drive. Have cleaned up the rest of the hard drive and have 2 gb of free space. Am I looking at a reload??? Exchange 5.5 doesn't have IFS capabilities so there is no M:\ drive. Sounds like you may have Citrix installed? If this is actually E2K, then check to make sure that the Information store service is started and/or the databases are mounted. -- Cheers, Steve Antonio Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS&...

Outlook Security Form question
Hi there, The company who hired me was having issues with the Object Model Guard in combination with a document archiving system. I solved it by adding the com addins to the trusted code tab on a Outlook security form. The only thing I find strange is that the form does not show up in the Public folder view when viewed from a computer that does not have the ocx and dll registrered, required to manage the form. It is however processed by outlook on those clients. Is this normal behaviour???? I never noticed it in the past, because I have these files registred on my boxes. Regards, Mark ...

Recalculate button in oppty form
Hi does anyone know how I can see what CRM does (witch code?) when the button "Recalculate" is pressed Where are the files in wwwroot Thank's ...

Why does my form create duplicate records?
I have a form that is based on a query. When I edit a record a new duplicate record is created. Why is this happening? The query is set to Dynaset (Inconsistent Updates) TIA Tony Hi Tony, I'm not an expert so my answer may not be as complete or succinct as it might otherwise be. This happens to me when I have a table in a query where there is more than one record linked to the main table. e.g. if there are two addresses for one customer and I use the address table in a query with the invoice table I might get two invocie records instead of one. The way I get around it is by makin...

Contacts Keep Disappearing
For some reason my contacts keep dissappering each time I close Live Mail. I open it back up and the contacts are gone. It was working fine when I first started using it a week ago. Each time I have to import them in from Outlook Express. What gives and is anyone else experiencing this issue? Are you using a Live ID to sign on to Windows Live when using WLM ? If so, try importing them via the web UI at contacts.live.com(click Manage, then import) Thereafter use that Live ID to sign on to Windows Live when using WLM. If not using a Live ID, you may have encountered a problem ...

Form On Load Code
Hello, I am trying to create an event where the code will look for no results after a query. If there are not results I want a prompt to ask the user to add Yes/No message box. Once they select either yes or no then I want the forms to open. I hope someone can help. Private Sub Form_Load() Dim rst As DAO.Recordset 'Specifies to User if no record found then add Set rst = Me.RecordsetClone If rst.RecordCount = 0 Then Dim Response As Integer Response = MsgBox("Agreement Not Found. Please make sure it was typed in Correctly. You may need to add the Record. Do you want to Add?"...

How to Remove a Logo on the Form
We are running Excel 2000. We have a logo on the upper left on the Excel form. How do we remove this logo? The Department Name has been changed. Thanks. How do I go to VBE? Thanks. "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:e4pTR2UVDHA.1984@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > It should b e a picture, so if you go into the form in the VBE you should be > able to delete it. > > -- > HTH > > ------- > > Bob Phillips > ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks > > > "J. Johnson" <j...

How to make form to accept new data but no change for old data?
Im using a datasheet view to look at two tables. I dont know how to make it so that I can only add data into both of these datasheets but not be able to change previous data. How can I do this in a datasheet view and a form view. I asume its a property somewhere? I can get it so I cant add or change anything but not the combination I mentioned above. (Access 2002) Thanks. steve, As you probably know, you shouldn't be updating any data directly through the tables. Always build a form to do that. And... that form's Data Entry property, when set to YES, will onl...

News disappears
I added News to the "GO" button in Outlook 2003 and logged into the news service. The next time I used Outlook, News was not on the "GO" button and it had also disappeared from the list of add-ons. Where did it go? Can I get it back? Thanks, Turner To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, click the "Don't ask me again" box and then click the No button. You ma...

Why Do 2 Rows Disappear from my DataGridView?
I'm going around circles with this one. In the following code, > clicking the Yes button makes 2 rows disappear from the DataGridView, (which I don't want) but only 1 delete from the underlying db (as desired). > clicking the No button makes 1 row disappear from the DataGridView, (which I don't want) with none deleting from the underlying db (as desired). > clicking the Cancel button has the same effect as clicking the No button. Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong? In addition, if anyone knows of a good working sample of code where you can delete all of...

Macro disappears
I have two online students who say that they're able to record a macro (to insert a table) and add a button to the Quick Access bar. They say the macro works OK while they're creating it, and that their security settings are set to enable macros, but that when they open a different document or (one of them says) when pressing the button on the Quick Access bar, they get a message saying that the macro can't be found or has been disable due to security settings. The one who can't use the button on the Quick Access bar is able to use his keyboard shortcut keys at th...

Link Two Tables with AutoNumber fields to One Form
Hi, I'm really stumped on this one: Right now I have a form that is linked to my Registration table. I want it to also be linked to my ID table, because I want to be able to update both tables using one form. I heard of creating a sub-form. Would this solve the trick? Right now, when I create a new record in the form, the AutoID of the Registration table increases sequentially. I want to be able to also have the ID table increase its AutoID and create a new record in that table too. That way I can use that new ID table value to create a value that will eventually be stored in...

textbox scrollbar disappears
Hi i have a textbox in my sheet. i use the multiline option and the scrollbars option for that textbox. when i enter text to the textbox, everything is fine (i can see the scrollbar) but if i close the sheet and open it again, the scrollbar for that textbox disappears (so i can't tell that there are more lines in that textbox than what i can see...) only when i click in the textbox - the scrollbar reappears... did anyone see that ? is there a way to show the scrollbar when opening the file ? thanks, Yaniv You have one commiserating post in .excel. Yaniv wrote: > > Hi > ...

forms 03-01-08
Hi, I created a form using the wizard based on a query, everything looks ok but i cannot enter data into the form because it is locked? what have i done wrong, i been trying to solve this for 2 hours now - please can you HELP!!! Since you created the form via the wizard (and, I assume, you have not subsequently changed any form properties), the most likely cause is that the underlying query itself is non-updateable. You can check this quickly by opening the query and seeing if there is a blank new record at the bottom. There are many reasons why a query may be non-updateable; see her...

Disappearing Databases?
Has anyone ever seen the datafiles for a database just disappear? I saw this on my development box the other day and just thought I messed something up. Now, I see it again on another box. In MSS Mgmt Studio I see the icon for the database in question, but it will not expand. I goto to look for the data and log files and they are gone. I do know that this server ran out of space the other day, but that should just prevent the log from growing. Besides, while the database is active I wouldn't be able to delete the files for it. I would need to detach the database fi...

Disappearing Account Addresses
Hi Everyone! I hope some one can help me make sense of Accounts - Addresses! I created an Address for an accounts, then click save and close. Everything appears to save fine, but once the form is saved, the record is not listed in the Accounts - Address list. I can find the Address using Advanced Find. If anyone can provide me with any insight, it would be greatly appreciated! Regards, A.Akin how did you create the address? Did you use the way - open account form / click addresses / click new / and edit the new address? "awakin" wrote: > Hi Everyone! > > I hope so...

disappear
Hi, The problem is when I close out a sheet and then reopen it, there is nothing on the screen (Excel window is open, but nothing there). However, I can see it on print view. Please tell me how can I get it back. Thank you Loi One thought -- Is cell A1 showing in the left top corner? Maybe the document was saved at a point where there's no text. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >The problem is when I close out a sheet and then reopen >it, there is nothing on the screen (Excel window is open, >but nothing there). However, I can see it on print view. > &g...