TextBox Bound to Memo Filed displays the first 255 Chr

hi everyone

I have a "Notes" field which is set on the table as a MEMO field. The notes
field is loaded into a form (bound) .the "Notes" field contains more than
255 characters. However, the "Notes" field (which is already a memo field
type bound to textbox) the textbox cuts off all data after 255 characters.
please help

thanks

Wael

0
SS

If the form is based directly on the table (not on a query), you probably
have something in the Format property of the text box on the form, or in the
Format property of the field in the table. Eliminate whatever is in the
property.

If that is not the issue, see:
    Truncation of Memo fields
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-63.html
for other possibilities.

"SS" <ShamiSoft@Hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I have a "Notes" field which is set on the table as a MEMO field. The
> notes field is loaded into a form (bound) .the "Notes" field contains more
> than 255 characters. However, the "Notes" field (which is already a memo
> field type bound to textbox) the textbox cuts off all data after 255
> characters.
> please help
>
> thanks
>
> Wael

0
Allen

TextBox lock
How do I stop anyone from changing values or text in a textbox? The textbox in question is linked to a cell and I dont want anyone able to click on it and change the value or text. Set the 'Enabled' property to FALSE -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "Pas" wrote: > How do I stop anyone from changing values or text in a textbox? > The textbox in question is linked to a cell and I dont want anyone able to > click on it and change the value or text. Many thanks it work...

Recovery file???
Hello all, I upgrade my MS Office from 2003 to 2007. Opened an Excel file and saved it as a new workbook. Now I have this hidden file with the name of my file preceeded with ~$ and xlsx extension that refuses to go away. If I delete it, it appears to go away then as soon as I refresh, it's back. My files are in my data folder on a network drive. The file is NOT open. My workstation has been re-booted but the server with the user data files has not. Anyone know how I can get rid of that file WITHOUT re-booting my server??? Thanks, John This is not something that excel does. ...

cannot attach files using OWA
Ever since we have upgraded to Exchange 2000 we cannot attach files larger than 6K from NT machines (with IE6) using Outlook Web Access. Try posting this to an Exchange group as Outlook Web Access is a function of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, J Johnson asked: | Ever since we have upgraded to Exchange 2000 we cannot | attach...

How do I back up (copy) my Outlook Express mail files?
All I want to do is have a backup copy of all my Outlook Express email folders and files. How do I do this? >-----Original Message----- >All I want to do is have a backup copy of all my Outlook Express email=20 >folders and files. How do I do this? >. > These Newsgroups address Office Outlook. The Outlook Express gurus hang out here: http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=3DInternetExp= lorer This product will do what you wish for a price (I use it for Office Outlook and it has saved me a couple of times. http://www.ajsystems.com/obp4.html=20 http:/...

How to open a pst file
I have an old outlook file that is password protected. Now I need to open it but I can not remember the password. Can anyone please advise if I can do anything to open the file, such as reset the password, remove the password protection or change the access permision on the file? Thanks See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/passwordonpst.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers --...

Sequential File Saving
Hi I would like to know if it possible to have a piece of visual basic code that when executed will perform a "save as" with a sequential number. That is to say each time you run the code it has for example "save as" 00001.xls, 00002.xls, 00003.xls etc etc. Also where should I should place the code. I am running Windows 2000, with Excel 2000. Thanks John Hi John one way (using cell A1 on sheet1 to store this number) would be the following macro (for getting started with macros see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm) sub save_me_seq() dim fname w...

Link from Chart File to Data File / Format Problem
I have two Excel files. One file with the chart and a second file with the data range. I have the data range properly formatted with currency. When I open the file with the chart, the chart has all the numbers from the data file. However, the currency formats do not flow through from the data file to the chart file. If I open both files in memory, then the currency formats flow through fine. My question is how does one get the format from the data file to flow through to the chart file? ...

File Associations #2
My wife made a mistake and deleted her .pst file within Outlook 2002. (I know that the extension appears as "Office Data File.) I was able to get the file back and all the mail is there. What doesn't seem to work anymore is her ability to view .jpg images that friends send to her via email. Outlook 2002 attempts to open the attachment with MS Photo Editor and gives the warning that there is no file association. I've tried changing the association from within Windows Explorer so that it opens with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, but that's failed. Other accounts on the sam...

TextBox????
Sending data to "accounting"formatted column in a spreadsheet froma form,appears to enter as text(no formatting whatsoever). This is a new textbox added to an old form. I've reloaded Excel 2000. Thanks for any help. Any chance you're not sending real numbers to that cell? If your data is in C12, if you put =isnumber(c12) in another cell, what do you get? if it's not a number, then the numberformat won't do anything. If this is true, maybe you can clean up the value in the textbox. worksheets("sheet1").range("C12").value = cdbl(textbox1.valu...

outlook.pst file
Currently running Outlook 2000 SR-1 with Windows XP We I send/Receive files or deal a file in the inbox, I get a message back that outlook.pst file could not be accessed. The file is in the location per the message I receive and it is not right protected. RDS rds <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Currently running Outlook 2000 SR-1 with Windows XP Is this in IMO or Corporate/Workgroup mode? Help>About will tell you. -- Brian Tillman ...

how can export files money to quickbooks
i need export money to quicbooks how can? Check in quickbooks help assuming you have the program. If it will do it, it will be documented. "news.verizon.net" <reyperla1@verizon.net> wrote in message news:rs9id.8779$Z22.4376@trndny04... >i need export money to quicbooks how can? > > no can, unless quickbooks imports qif "news.verizon.net" <reyperla1@verizon.net> wrote in message news:rs9id.8779$Z22.4376@trndny04... >i need export money to quicbooks how can? > > ...

weeknum function says jan1=week1, mod to first 4 day week needed
using excel 2003 on xpSp2. i'm aware that MS says its normal that jan 1 is week 1 when you're using the weeknum function. (in this year.only 1 day in week1).. how does one modify this so that week 1 of the weeknum function is the first 4 day week.. is there a mod i need to apply? See Chip's site for an ISO weeknumber formula. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/weeknum.htm -- HTH Bob Phillips "sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13FA0A14-8BCC-4FF1-AAAD-ECCCAB9B6061@microsoft.com... > using excel 2003 on xpSp2. i'm aware that MS sa...

Querying in an XML file
Hi, I have the XML file shown below. Now I am trying to retrieve all the 'Event' nodes using XPath. The code being used is shown below. The output being ouput is the data in the SubNodes given as one string. (Output shown below) Is there a way how to iterate through the sub-nodes(From, To, Lookahaed). What I was doing is three different XPathExpressions for each sub-node, but I think thats not very effecient. Can someone help me out Thanks in Advance /* code */ StreamReader reader = new StreamReader(filePath, Encoding.UTF8); XPathDocument doc = new XPathDocument(reader); XPath...

Sound in Excel file
Is there any way to have a sound play in particular cells when the cell is activated? TIA, Brenda John Walkenbach have some tips for you Brenda. http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip87.htm http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip59.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Brenda" <blc20@NOSPAMmeadwestvaco.com> wrote in message news:042201c37bc4$12c89e90$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to have a sound play in particular cells > when the cell is activated? > > TIA, > Brenda ...

Moving PST file
I moved my pst file to a new hard drive. I can see my e-mails and my contact are present in the contact folder. My problem is that when I open a new mail and try to get to the contact list, I get the following. The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address folder could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permision. For information on how to remove this folder from the outlook address book, see Mcrosoft Outlook Help. Is there an easy solution to this? You didn't post your Outlook version. It is not unusual...

How do I attach a file with an answer?
Hi folks, I've forgotten how/if one can attach a file to a solution. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire We mostly post files to a free web service Shane, and provide a link to that. -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "ShaneDevenshire" <ShaneDevenshire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB401F15-FF19-4482-B981-CF9354D53288@microsoft.com... > Hi folks, > > I've forgotten how/if one can attach a file to a solution. > > -- > Thanks, > Shane Devenshire ...

New Archive.pst file
How do I create a new archive2010.pst file? I want to keep archives by year. William Wolfe;114692 Wrote: > How do I create a new archive2010.pst file? I want to keep archives by > year. Change the name of the autoarchive file in the AutoArchive options, then stop and restart Outlook. The next time autoarchive runs, Outlook will create that PST. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Opening Excel file from Windows Explorer
When I try to open Excel from explorer Excel opens but the file does load. This is perculiar to Excel as all others work fine. I have tried the usual suspects like file associations with no results. Any ideas? Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel 1. Close Excel first and 2. On the Windows Taskbar 2.1 Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2.2 Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. -- Regar...

pst-file
Hallo NG, habe ein Problem mit einem PST-File, dieser File liegt auf einem Server(wegen Backup). Wenn ich Outlook �ffne kann ich auf diesen File zugreifen, danach schlie�e ich Outlook wieder (im Taskmanager l�uft dann auch keine outlook.exe mehr). Es gibt auch keinen PDA oder einen anderen User der auf diesen File zugreift Wenn ich jetzt Outllok wieder �ffne oder versuche diesen File zu kopieren, kann dies nicht erfolgen da der file von einem Prozess gesperrt ist. Wenn ich dann den Server neustarte kann ich den file dann wieder einmal mit Outlook benutzen, den die Sperrung des files wird...

why resource file not closing?(silly but imp question)
hello, I created a dialog based sample project called "example".In the example.rc2 file i added some code for changing size of the dialog box.When i compiled and build the proj it gave me an error at that point.BEfore compilation it gave the message that .rc2 file will be opened on continuing.I continued with compilation process.The microsoft generated script file is opened telling all the details of the resources in the project.I deleted my wrong code by clicking on file tab and selecting file.rc2. Now as i compiled the proj it gave no error and execute...

Business Portal 2.5
Suddenly website stops working, doesnt knows what happens access to : http://server/sites/businessportal results in The page cannot be found with error message HTTP 404 - File Not Found whereas sharepoint website is working fine please helpp !!!!!!! ...

textbox on the screen
is it possible to view the content of the active cell on a textbox that will not go off the screen even if you scroll down or to the right? -- rp Hi Rp The formula bar will always display ythe content of the active cell. Floating objects are either modeless userforms or custom toolbars. Both can be told to do what you want, but it requires some programming. HTH. Best wishes Harald "rp" <rufinojr54@hotpop.com> skrev i melding news:%23CK2xxgpEHA.324@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > is it possible to view the content of the active cell on a textbox that will > not go off t...

File Encryption Help
Hello, I really hope someone has done this before so they can help me reverse a BIG mistake? I have about four files encrypted and I forgot about them when I reformatted my PC. Now I cannot open the files. Am I screwed or what? Can anyone get me out of this jam PLease?! THank you Joe I don't have any suggestions to help, but you may want to post how you encrypted the file. Joe wrote: > > Hello, > > I really hope someone has done this before so they can help me reverse a BIG > mistake? > > I have about four files encrypted and I forgot about them when I ref...

Change Icon only for one File (not whole extension)
Hi all, i need to change the icon for just single files, not for the whole extension type. I have no proplem getting the apropriate icons, but i don't find a way to set an icon for a file only. All I found was changing the registry for all f.ex. *.htm files. But there must be a way to do that, as i saw on my system that different *.htm files show up using different icons (IE Icon, Exchange Icon, Frontpage Icon,..). Can anybody give me a hint? Thanks, Wolfgang ...

Out of Office Assistant Could Not Be Displayed
This error message is only coming up on two users when they click on Out Of Office Assistant in Outlook. The exact message reads: The Out Of Office Assistant could not be displayed. A required action was not successful due to an unspecified error. Then when you click OK. Another error message dialog box pops up saying. System resources are critically low. Close some windows. although no other windows are open and it happens to these two users no matter what machine they log into. Running Exchange 2000 SP3 Thanks in advance. Have you gone to task manager and verified that a background a...