Text Search in for the field of memo does not workd

hello,

Here is my VBA, but does not work for text search in my textbox search.

Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate()
Dim strSQL As String

 strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)"
 Me.Filter = strFilter
 Me.FilterOn = True
 CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError

End Sub

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
H. Frank Situmorang

You've declared strSQL, and you attempt to use its content with the Execute
method, but you haven't assigned anything to it.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> hello,
>
> Here is my VBA, but does not work for text search in my textbox search.
>
> Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate()
> Dim strSQL As String
>
> strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)"
> Me.Filter = strFilter
> Me.FilterOn = True
> CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError
>
> End Sub
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> --
> H. Frank Situmorang

0
Douglas
3/14/2008 10:38:42 AM
Doug, this is told by some one in this forum, but It can not work. soryy for
I am very naive in this database, since my specialty is in accounting and I
am just selfthought.

I appreciate your help
--
H. Frank Situmorang

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> You've declared strSQL, and you attempt to use its content with the Execute
> method, but you haven't assigned anything to it.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > hello,
> >
> > Here is my VBA, but does not work for text search in my textbox search.
> >
> > Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate()
> > Dim strSQL As String
> >
> > strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)"
> > Me.Filter = strFilter
> > Me.FilterOn = True
> > CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError
> >
> > End Sub
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your help.
> >
> > --
> > H. Frank Situmorang

See whether reducing it to the following is what you're looking for:

Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate()
Dim strFilter As String

  strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)"
  Me.Filter = strFilter
  Me.FilterOn = True

End Sub

You may also want to add the following code to your form's Load event:

Private Sub Form_Load()

  Me.Filter = vbNullString
  Me.FilterOn = False

End Sub

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele
(no private e-mails, please)

> Doug, this is told by some one in this forum, but It can not work. soryy
> for
> I am very naive in this database, since my specialty is in accounting and
> am just selfthought.
>
> I appreciate your help
> --
> H. Frank Situmorang
>

> "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
>
>> You've declared strSQL, and you attempt to use its content with the
>> Execute
>> method, but you haven't assigned anything to it.
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no e-mails, please!)
>>

>> "Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > hello,
>> >
>> > Here is my VBA, but does not work for text search in my textbox search.
>> >
>> > Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate()
>> > Dim strSQL As String
>> >
>> > strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)"
>> > Me.Filter = strFilter
>> > Me.FilterOn = True
>> > CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError
>> >
>> > End Sub
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance for your help.
>> >
>> > --
>> > H. Frank Situmorang

0
Douglas
3/15/2008 12:34:11 PM
Thanks Dough for your advice.

It seems it has not worked yet maybe I need to inform you more about my Form
and subform

This is similar with contact database sample provided by MS Access.

Actually this is database for Minutes of meeting
 I have a table as a parent to the descion table.

In the header I put date of meeting

and in the subforem is decision number, subject and subfrom again to Nota (
memo field for decicions.

The txtCari is the Search box I put it in the form footer ( am I right??)

Thi is is my SQL of the form which is based on Query:
SELECT tblTGLRapat.TGLRPT_ID, tblTGLRapat.TGL_RPT, MOM.KepID,
MOM.TAGLRPT_ID, MOM.No_KEP, MOM.Subject, MOM.Nota
FROM tblTGLRapat INNER JOIN MOM ON tblTGLRapat.TGLRPT_ID = MOM.TAGLRPT_ID;

Thi is the record source of the subform:
SELECT MOM.* FROM MOM ORDER BY MOM.KepID;

Did I miss something?

Also when I tried to save it, there is an error message in box saying:
There is something in valid in this property, try to ck seach help index.....

I appreciate your help m

--
H. Frank Situmorang

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> See whether reducing it to the following is what you're looking for:
>
> Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate()
> Dim strFilter As String
>
>   strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)"
>   Me.Filter = strFilter
>   Me.FilterOn = True
>
> End Sub
>
> You may also want to add the following code to your form's Load event:
>
> Private Sub Form_Load()
>
>   Me.Filter = vbNullString
>   Me.FilterOn = False
>
> End Sub
>

> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no private e-mails, please)
>

> "Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Doug, this is told by some one in this forum, but It can not work. soryy
> > for
> > I am very naive in this database, since my specialty is in accounting and
> > am just selfthought.
> >
> > I appreciate your help
> > --
> > H. Frank Situmorang
> >

> > "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
> >
> >> You've declared strSQL, and you attempt to use its content with the
> >> Execute
> >> method, but you haven't assigned anything to it.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> >> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> >> (no e-mails, please!)
> >>

> >> "Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Dough,

I tried to make it like the one suggested by Beetle like this , but still
unsuccesful:
Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate()
'Dim strFilter As String
Dim strSQL As String

    strSQL = "Select MOM.No_KEP, MOM.Subject, " & "MOM.Nota From MOM Where "
& "MOM.Nota LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """"

  'strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)"
  CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError

  'Me.Filter = strFilter
  'Me.FilterOn = True

End Sub

It hangs here: CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError

I appreciate your help
--
H. Frank Situmorang

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> See whether reducing it to the following is what you're looking for:
>
> Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate()
> Dim strFilter As String
>
>   strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)"
>   Me.Filter = strFilter
>   Me.FilterOn = True
>
> End Sub
>
> You may also want to add the following code to your form's Load event:
>
> Private Sub Form_Load()
>
>   Me.Filter = vbNullString
>   Me.FilterOn = False
>
> End Sub
>

> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no private e-mails, please)
>

> "Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Doug, this is told by some one in this forum, but It can not work. soryy
> > for
> > I am very naive in this database, since my specialty is in accounting and
> > am just selfthought.
> >
> > I appreciate your help
> > --
> > H. Frank Situmorang
> >

> > "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
> >
> >> You've declared strSQL, and you attempt to use its content with the
> >> Execute
> >> method, but you haven't assigned anything to it.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> >> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> >> (no e-mails, please!)
> >>

> >> "Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message

You cannot use the Execute method with SELECT queries. It can only be used
with Action queries (INSERT INTO, DELETE, UPDATE)

--

> Dough,
>
> I tried to make it like the one suggested by Beetle like this , but still
> unsuccesful:
> Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate()
> 'Dim strFilter As String
> Dim strSQL As String
>
>    strSQL = "Select MOM.No_KEP, MOM.Subject, " & "MOM.Nota From MOM Where
> "
> & "MOM.Nota LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """"
>
>  'strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)"
>  CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError
>

>  'Me.Filter = strFilter
>  'Me.FilterOn = True
>
> End Sub
>
> It hangs here: CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError
>
> I appreciate your help
> --
> H. Frank Situmorang
>

> "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
>
>> See whether reducing it to the following is what you're looking for:
>>
>> Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate()
>> Dim strFilter As String
>>
>>   strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)"
>>   Me.Filter = strFilter
>>   Me.FilterOn = True
>>
>> End Sub
>>
>> You may also want to add the following code to your form's Load event:
>>
>> Private Sub Form_Load()
>>
>>   Me.Filter = vbNullString
>>   Me.FilterOn = False
>>
>> End Sub
>>

>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no private e-mails, please)
>>

>> "Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > Doug, this is told by some one in this forum, but It can not work.
>> > soryy
>> > for
>> > I am very naive in this database, since my specialty is in accounting
>> > and
>> > am just selfthought.
>> >
>> > I appreciate your help
>> > --
>> > H. Frank Situmorang

0
Douglas
3/17/2008 11:46:33 AM
thanks Doug, your suggestion is OK for me.
Now I want to make it hightlighted, so that we can see the word search.
looks like the when we google it.

Can you help me how to make it?

--
H. Frank Situmorang

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> You cannot use the Execute method with SELECT queries. It can only be used
> with Action queries (INSERT INTO, DELETE, UPDATE)
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Dough,
> >
> > I tried to make it like the one suggested by Beetle like this , but still
> > unsuccesful:
> > Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate()
> > 'Dim strFilter As String
> > Dim strSQL As String
> >
> >    strSQL = "Select MOM.No_KEP, MOM.Subject, " & "MOM.Nota From MOM Where
> > "
> > & "MOM.Nota LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """"
> >
> >  'strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)"
> >  CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError
> >

> >  'Me.Filter = strFilter
> >  'Me.FilterOn = True
> >
> > End Sub
> >
> > It hangs here: CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError
> >
> > I appreciate your help
> > --
> > H. Frank Situmorang
> >

> > "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
> >
> >> See whether reducing it to the following is what you're looking for:
> >>
> >> Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate()
> >> Dim strFilter As String
> >>
> >>   strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)"
> >>   Me.Filter = strFilter
> >>   Me.FilterOn = True
> >>
> >> End Sub
> >>
> >> You may also want to add the following code to your form's Load event:
> >>
> >> Private Sub Form_Load()
> >>
> >>   Me.Filter = vbNullString
> >>   Me.FilterOn = False
> >>
> >> End Sub
> >>

> >> --
> >> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> >> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> >> (no private e-mails, please)
> >>

> >> "Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message

No easy way to do that in Access.

The only possibility would be to use an RTF control, and put RTF formatting
characters around the words you want highlighted. To me, that's far more
work than it's worth.

--

> thanks Doug, your suggestion is OK for me.
> Now I want to make it hightlighted, so that we can see the word search.
> looks like the when we google it.
>
> Can you help me how to make it?
>
> --
> H. Frank Situmorang
>

> "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
>
>> You cannot use the Execute method with SELECT queries. It can only be
>> used
>> with Action queries (INSERT INTO, DELETE, UPDATE)
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no e-mails, please!)
>>

>> "Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > Dough,
>> >
>> > I tried to make it like the one suggested by Beetle like this , but
>> > still
>> > unsuccesful:
>> > Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate()
>> > 'Dim strFilter As String
>> > Dim strSQL As String
>> >
>> >    strSQL = "Select MOM.No_KEP, MOM.Subject, " & "MOM.Nota From MOM
>> > Where
>> > "
>> > & "MOM.Nota LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """"
>> >
>> >  'strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)"
>> >  CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError
>> >

>> >  'Me.Filter = strFilter
>> >  'Me.FilterOn = True
>> >
>> > End Sub
>> >
>> > It hangs here: CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError
>> >
>> > I appreciate your help
>> > --
>> > H. Frank Situmorang

0
Douglas

TEXT = text

How can I create an ASCII file with double quotes around each field?
I need to convert Excel files to ASCII files with commas as delimiters. That part is easy. The problem is that I need each field to be surounded by double quotes. Here is an example of what my ASCII output needs to look like: "smith","robert","15","elm","street" "jones","robert","111","main","avenue" Can anyone suggest a solution on how I can convert my excel file to ASCII output as shown in my example? thanks very much! I can get the data into the correct format but then you will need to ...

Selecting text in a document

CScrollView and text height

Crm field help
Hi there, is there any easy way to introduce help info when passing with the mouse pointer above a field? Thanks in advance! ...

QUERY FIELD SUM
In have the following in my first field. K:IIF([PL4HX4.RK]=1,"2",IIF([PL4HX4.RK]=2,"1","")) I have the following in my second field. H:IIF([PL4HX4.RH]=1,"2",IIF([PL4HX4.RH]=2,"1","")) What would i write in my third field to get the sum of K + H ? Thanks ed should be as easy as: L: [K] + [H] However, you see that you are returning "1" which is a string, as opposed 1 the number. You might want to change the values to 2, 1, and 0 depending on what you are trying to accomplish. >> What would i writ...

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

Search by Subject
Hello Pros I'm looking for tools or command which allow me to search my exchange database per subject i.e find all the message with subject contain : nice picture Thanks Hi, Exmerge will do this for you. Exmerge download: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=429163ec-dcdf-47dc-96da-1c12d67327d5&DisplayLang=en And a nice tutorial to save my fingers ;-) http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF013.html Oliver ...

Ranking Numbers with Text

Null in text box

want to save the record number in a field
This shold be simple, but I can't find and info on it. When starting a new record I would like to populate a field with the record number and save it in in the table. Record numbers you see at the bottom of the display are 'relative' only. Access stores records like a barrel of bricks, all in a jumble. You have to sort the records in a query, form, or report. But you can use a field with an Autonumber to number records. The numbers may not be continous without gaps but will be a unique value. -- Build a little, test a little. "fransquest" wrote...

Joining fields
Can I join fields in a query? Example I have a Home Name, a Mothers name and a Fathers name. Can I join these in a query to show HOME, Father & Mother on 1 line? ...

How to auto fill fields on subform from data on main form?
To all, I have a Main form with multiple tabs, the form is for employee information, one of the tabs a has a subform where I'll record the names of the employees children if he/she has any. The subform will work if I make the datasheet use a lookup to the employee table, but then I have to select the employee each time I want to add a record in the children subform. I changed the children table to not use the lookup to clerks on the employee name. I had the subform working, (by working I mean, I manualy had to select the employee from the lookup) but I had the subform select the emplo...

Re: Using Text Styles

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...

shading behind text
I would like to place white text within a box of gray shading. When I use the 'background' function, it shades the entire document. How do I limit the background to a line of text? thanks Ken Depending on your preference I can think of at least 3 ways, but they all may not be available to you... or instructions may vary. It depends on what version of Word you're using & you haven't even indicated whether it's Windows or Mac. Since you posted to the Mac Word group I'll assume you're using a Mac version & further that it is the most current (2008):...

How to get the text of each selection?
Hi, Dear All We can use Ctrl key and mouse to multi-select range in a document, but if somebody could tell me how to get the text of each selection? Cheers! osen Sorry, it is not really possible. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=288424. The closest you can come is to use Selection.Copy, then open a new blank document and paste. The individual pieces will be separated by paragraph marks, but you can't distinguish between those and any paragraph marks that might have been in the middle of some pieces. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FA...