Text Search in for the field of memo does not workd

hello,

Here is my VBA, but does not work for text search in my textbox search.

Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate()
Dim strSQL As String

 strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)"
 Me.Filter = strFilter
 Me.FilterOn = True
 CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError

End Sub

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
H. Frank Situmorang

You've declared strSQL, and you attempt to use its content with the Execute
method, but you haven't assigned anything to it.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> hello,
>
> Here is my VBA, but does not work for text search in my textbox search.
>
> Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate()
> Dim strSQL As String
>
> strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)"
> Me.Filter = strFilter
> Me.FilterOn = True
> CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError
>
> End Sub
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> --
> H. Frank Situmorang

0
Douglas
3/14/2008 10:38:42 AM
Doug, this is told by some one in this forum, but It can not work. soryy for
I am very naive in this database, since my specialty is in accounting and I
am just selfthought.

I appreciate your help
--
H. Frank Situmorang

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> You've declared strSQL, and you attempt to use its content with the Execute
> method, but you haven't assigned anything to it.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > hello,
> >
> > Here is my VBA, but does not work for text search in my textbox search.
> >
> > Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate()
> > Dim strSQL As String
> >
> > strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)"
> > Me.Filter = strFilter
> > Me.FilterOn = True
> > CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError
> >
> > End Sub
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your help.
> >
> > --
> > H. Frank Situmorang

See whether reducing it to the following is what you're looking for:

Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate()
Dim strFilter As String

  strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)"
  Me.Filter = strFilter
  Me.FilterOn = True

End Sub

You may also want to add the following code to your form's Load event:

Private Sub Form_Load()

  Me.Filter = vbNullString
  Me.FilterOn = False

End Sub

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele
(no private e-mails, please)

> Doug, this is told by some one in this forum, but It can not work. soryy
> for
> I am very naive in this database, since my specialty is in accounting and
> am just selfthought.
>
> I appreciate your help
> --
> H. Frank Situmorang
>

> "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
>
>> You've declared strSQL, and you attempt to use its content with the
>> Execute
>> method, but you haven't assigned anything to it.
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no e-mails, please!)
>>

>> "Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > hello,
>> >
>> > Here is my VBA, but does not work for text search in my textbox search.
>> >
>> > Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate()
>> > Dim strSQL As String
>> >
>> > strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)"
>> > Me.Filter = strFilter
>> > Me.FilterOn = True
>> > CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError
>> >
>> > End Sub
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance for your help.
>> >
>> > --
>> > H. Frank Situmorang

0
Douglas
3/15/2008 12:34:11 PM
Thanks Dough for your advice.

It seems it has not worked yet maybe I need to inform you more about my Form
and subform

This is similar with contact database sample provided by MS Access.

Actually this is database for Minutes of meeting
 I have a table as a parent to the descion table.

In the header I put date of meeting

and in the subforem is decision number, subject and subfrom again to Nota (
memo field for decicions.

The txtCari is the Search box I put it in the form footer ( am I right??)

Thi is is my SQL of the form which is based on Query:
SELECT tblTGLRapat.TGLRPT_ID, tblTGLRapat.TGL_RPT, MOM.KepID,
MOM.TAGLRPT_ID, MOM.No_KEP, MOM.Subject, MOM.Nota
FROM tblTGLRapat INNER JOIN MOM ON tblTGLRapat.TGLRPT_ID = MOM.TAGLRPT_ID;

Thi is the record source of the subform:
SELECT MOM.* FROM MOM ORDER BY MOM.KepID;

Did I miss something?

Also when I tried to save it, there is an error message in box saying:
There is something in valid in this property, try to ck seach help index.....

I appreciate your help m

--
H. Frank Situmorang

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> See whether reducing it to the following is what you're looking for:
>
> Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate()
> Dim strFilter As String
>
>   strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)"
>   Me.Filter = strFilter
>   Me.FilterOn = True
>
> End Sub
>
> You may also want to add the following code to your form's Load event:
>
> Private Sub Form_Load()
>
>   Me.Filter = vbNullString
>   Me.FilterOn = False
>
> End Sub
>

> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no private e-mails, please)
>

> "Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Doug, this is told by some one in this forum, but It can not work. soryy
> > for
> > I am very naive in this database, since my specialty is in accounting and
> > am just selfthought.
> >
> > I appreciate your help
> > --
> > H. Frank Situmorang
> >

> > "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
> >
> >> You've declared strSQL, and you attempt to use its content with the
> >> Execute
> >> method, but you haven't assigned anything to it.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> >> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> >> (no e-mails, please!)
> >>

> >> "Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Dough,

I tried to make it like the one suggested by Beetle like this , but still
unsuccesful:
Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate()
'Dim strFilter As String
Dim strSQL As String

    strSQL = "Select MOM.No_KEP, MOM.Subject, " & "MOM.Nota From MOM Where "
& "MOM.Nota LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """"

  'strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)"
  CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError

  'Me.Filter = strFilter
  'Me.FilterOn = True

End Sub

It hangs here: CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError

I appreciate your help
--
H. Frank Situmorang

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> See whether reducing it to the following is what you're looking for:
>
> Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate()
> Dim strFilter As String
>
>   strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)"
>   Me.Filter = strFilter
>   Me.FilterOn = True
>
> End Sub
>
> You may also want to add the following code to your form's Load event:
>
> Private Sub Form_Load()
>
>   Me.Filter = vbNullString
>   Me.FilterOn = False
>
> End Sub
>

> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no private e-mails, please)
>

> "Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Doug, this is told by some one in this forum, but It can not work. soryy
> > for
> > I am very naive in this database, since my specialty is in accounting and
> > am just selfthought.
> >
> > I appreciate your help
> > --
> > H. Frank Situmorang
> >

> > "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
> >
> >> You've declared strSQL, and you attempt to use its content with the
> >> Execute
> >> method, but you haven't assigned anything to it.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> >> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> >> (no e-mails, please!)
> >>

> >> "Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message

You cannot use the Execute method with SELECT queries. It can only be used
with Action queries (INSERT INTO, DELETE, UPDATE)

--

> Dough,
>
> I tried to make it like the one suggested by Beetle like this , but still
> unsuccesful:
> Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate()
> 'Dim strFilter As String
> Dim strSQL As String
>
>    strSQL = "Select MOM.No_KEP, MOM.Subject, " & "MOM.Nota From MOM Where
> "
> & "MOM.Nota LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """"
>
>  'strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)"
>  CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError
>

>  'Me.Filter = strFilter
>  'Me.FilterOn = True
>
> End Sub
>
> It hangs here: CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError
>
> I appreciate your help
> --
> H. Frank Situmorang
>

> "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
>
>> See whether reducing it to the following is what you're looking for:
>>
>> Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate()
>> Dim strFilter As String
>>
>>   strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)"
>>   Me.Filter = strFilter
>>   Me.FilterOn = True
>>
>> End Sub
>>
>> You may also want to add the following code to your form's Load event:
>>
>> Private Sub Form_Load()
>>
>>   Me.Filter = vbNullString
>>   Me.FilterOn = False
>>
>> End Sub
>>

>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no private e-mails, please)
>>

>> "Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > Doug, this is told by some one in this forum, but It can not work.
>> > soryy
>> > for
>> > I am very naive in this database, since my specialty is in accounting
>> > and
>> > am just selfthought.
>> >
>> > I appreciate your help
>> > --
>> > H. Frank Situmorang

0
Douglas
3/17/2008 11:46:33 AM
thanks Doug, your suggestion is OK for me.
Now I want to make it hightlighted, so that we can see the word search.
looks like the when we google it.

Can you help me how to make it?

--
H. Frank Situmorang

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> You cannot use the Execute method with SELECT queries. It can only be used
> with Action queries (INSERT INTO, DELETE, UPDATE)
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Dough,
> >
> > I tried to make it like the one suggested by Beetle like this , but still
> > unsuccesful:
> > Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate()
> > 'Dim strFilter As String
> > Dim strSQL As String
> >
> >    strSQL = "Select MOM.No_KEP, MOM.Subject, " & "MOM.Nota From MOM Where
> > "
> > & "MOM.Nota LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """"
> >
> >  'strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)"
> >  CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError
> >

> >  'Me.Filter = strFilter
> >  'Me.FilterOn = True
> >
> > End Sub
> >
> > It hangs here: CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError
> >
> > I appreciate your help
> > --
> > H. Frank Situmorang
> >

> > "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
> >
> >> See whether reducing it to the following is what you're looking for:
> >>
> >> Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate()
> >> Dim strFilter As String
> >>
> >>   strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)"
> >>   Me.Filter = strFilter
> >>   Me.FilterOn = True
> >>
> >> End Sub
> >>
> >> You may also want to add the following code to your form's Load event:
> >>
> >> Private Sub Form_Load()
> >>
> >>   Me.Filter = vbNullString
> >>   Me.FilterOn = False
> >>
> >> End Sub
> >>

> >> --
> >> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> >> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> >> (no private e-mails, please)
> >>

> >> "Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message

No easy way to do that in Access.

The only possibility would be to use an RTF control, and put RTF formatting
characters around the words you want highlighted. To me, that's far more
work than it's worth.

--

> thanks Doug, your suggestion is OK for me.
> Now I want to make it hightlighted, so that we can see the word search.
> looks like the when we google it.
>
> Can you help me how to make it?
>
> --
> H. Frank Situmorang
>

> "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
>
>> You cannot use the Execute method with SELECT queries. It can only be
>> used
>> with Action queries (INSERT INTO, DELETE, UPDATE)
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no e-mails, please!)
>>

>> "Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > Dough,
>> >
>> > I tried to make it like the one suggested by Beetle like this , but
>> > still
>> > unsuccesful:
>> > Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate()
>> > 'Dim strFilter As String
>> > Dim strSQL As String
>> >
>> >    strSQL = "Select MOM.No_KEP, MOM.Subject, " & "MOM.Nota From MOM
>> > Where
>> > "
>> > & "MOM.Nota LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """"
>> >
>> >  'strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)"
>> >  CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError
>> >

>> >  'Me.Filter = strFilter
>> >  'Me.FilterOn = True
>> >
>> > End Sub
>> >
>> > It hangs here: CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError
>> >
>> > I appreciate your help
>> > --
>> > H. Frank Situmorang

0
Douglas

converting numbers to text
I have a cell that is formatted as a number, I need it converted to text. The issue is that they are 3, 4 or 5 digit numbers in those cells. I need the following conversions to happen: 492 converts to 00492 1132 converts to 01132 80605 converts to 80605 and I need the cell in text format...I've tried using Text to Data, reformatting the cell, everything I can think of...can anyone help? thanks in advance for your help! Maybe you can just give the column a custom number format: format|cells|number tab|Custom: 00000 or you can insert another column and then use: =text(a1,"0000...

enter value based on drop down list of another field?
I have an excel 2003 spreadsheet with 3 worksheets. In sheet 1, I created a drop down list in column A based on values in sheet 3, column A (item number). Thisd data comes from sheet 3, where I have column A (Item #'s), column B (Item desc)an Column C (price) In column B of sheet 1, I have Item Descriptions and in column C I have price. I want this to automatically fill in based on what I enter in the column A sheet 1 and it should get the corresponding values from sheet 3 column B and C. I can make the drop down list in sheet 1 column B and C, but some of the descriptions need ...

print macro to filter search form
Hi all, I have a search form that finds results by filtering the original table. It is adapted from http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html . All my search boxes are text boxes on my version. I need to be able to print the records that the search retrieves. The form is a continuous form. I know how to set up a print macro if searching with a Query, but I have many criterion to search for and the filter was the best choice. Additionally I am having problems with the Query code itself. Anyways, Is there any way to print out a report of filtered results like that? Thank you for your time in adv...

Drag and drop text in userform text / combo boxes
I am using userforms alot for data entry. Is there a way to allow one to drag and drop text from one text box / combo box to another? This would be especially useful since it would allow me to move entered data down or up within the userform during editing. However i cannot drag text from one box to another (as one can in say word or in the sheet itself). Can anyone help? This is very basic just to get you started. There's a lot more you will probably want to do, also slightly different approaches - '' put some text in Textbox1 '' press left button a...

Remove Empty Data Fields
I have a table with 40 fields and import data into it from another source. Sometimes there could be 50000 records and at other times there is 500 records. Is there a way to programatically remove fields from the table that do not not have a data in it. Like : if myTable.Season1 is null then Delete myTable.Season1 is this possible in a Loop checking to see if any fields are null. Thanks Craig Craig Why?! If you don't have data for a field, you don't put anything in there. Why would you want to delete the field itself? And what will you do when what you are importing has...

What is the purpose of the Link Master and Child Fields?
I have a form which contains tabbed subForms, each subForm pulling data from their respective tables. However, none of these forms talk to each other and I don't really know the purpose of the Link Master Fields and Link Child Fields sections. But i'm pretty sure this has something to do with it. Can anyone shed any light or post me a link to where this is explained? "SparkyMark" <SparkyMark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9A9AD44-07A3-4491-9691-A9D243B9BE6D@microsoft.com... >I have a form which contains tabbed subForms, each subForm pulling d...

clearing Automatic Naming in the 'To' field
In Outlook, when you click on the 'To' field and start typing the email address, a drop-down list appears to choose a name or email to complete the address (if the address has been used before) or the line will automatically complete if only one matching name has been used before. Sometimes email addresses change, so an option being presented on the line or in the drop-down list may no longer be valid. How do I clear the list of old names or email addresses that are no longer valid addresses. I know I can turn off automatic naming in the advanced e-mail options but I don...

Search cells with many numbers a few numbers?
In Excel, I'd like to search cells which have many numbers in each, they are separated by spaces. I'd like to look in the cells for a few numbers. The logic statements do not seem to work. How do I do this? ...

outlook 2007
When i try to open an email message with outlook 2007 i get the following message "Cannot open this item. The text formatting command is not available. It may not be installed correctly ......." I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling outlook but the problem is still present, steve Stef, you wrote on Sun, 13 May 2007 13:33:39 +0200: > When i try to open an email message with outlook 2007 i get the following > message "Cannot open this item. The text formatting command is not > available. It may not be installed correctly ......." Creating a new p...

Filling in data to the selected field
Hi everyone, Initially I can work with the code below... But I want some modifications. Below is the output I want...J0001(OLD) WHILE J0002 (NEW) Before :- Bil (pk) JobNumber PartNumber RequiredQty KittedQty 1 J0001 A1 1 1 2. J0001 B1 8 6 3. J0002 B1 8 After:- Bil (pk) JobNumber PartNumber RequiredQty KittedQty 1 J0001 A1 1 1 2. ...

Bring all text from "Text" worksheet
I have a workbook that contains a macro that when activated will look for a .txt file at a specific location and then populate the worksheet with the exact text. Within that workbook I want another worksheet to place that information from worksheet "text" into cell A1 of worksheet "txtdd". Thanks for looking at my problem. What have you tried, so far? Are you looking for a formula solution or will (are) you be programming in VBA? Keep in mind that a cell can only hold about 65K characters of pure text. How much data is in the .txt file? Steve in Ohio (To...

How do I change existing text from lower case to upper case
How do I change existing text in lower case to upper case same as your previous question, if the duplication was on purpose it is a waste of everyone's time involved including your own. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm#upper "CT Cameron" <CT Cameron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ... > How do I change existing text in lower case to upper case formula =upper(a1) macro range("a1")=ucase(range("a1")) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "CT Cameron" <CT Cameron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

how do get the bcc field to display?
Its odd but I have no BCC field, I used to but I dont now! \ S It's a pain, isn't it :-) The BCC field is visible only if you are sending an EMAIL. If you are in a Newsgroup, it doesn't exist. In an email (not a news post) click in the Address field (either To or CC). The BCC field will then appear. Use Send Feedback on the Help menu to tell Microsoft you would like it back :-) Cheers On 27/02/08 8:22 PM, in article ee8ef11.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "kokney@officeformac.com" <kokney@officeformac.com> wrote: > Its odd but I have no BCC field, I used to ...

Text cutting off on screen but perfect on print preview HELP
Whats up everyone I am having a weird problem. I have column labels i Row 1 and Olympic Mean is showning up as pic Mean, the rest is cutof due to the column size (6.67) Anyway when I print out this workboo Olympic mean displays properly. How can I get the sheet to displa correctly? I am currently in page preview. I have the same labels in another workbook and Olympic mean display perfect in the other workbook. This is frustrating me to no end. Please help. Thank you all i advance -- TwEaKFrEa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- TwEaKFrEaK's Pr...

Create a border of wrapping text?
Does anyone know how to create a border of text that would wrap around the page (horizontal on top, then 90 degrees on the right, upside down on the bottom, and another 90 degrees up the left side) I have made text boxes and overlayed other objects to force it to wrap the text around the object, but none of the text wrapping choices will do what I want Any help appreciated Thanks John ...

Fields not shrinking
I have a report that has two fields (that contain email addresses), that I am trying to print on a report, right next to each other. They have the same Top value, and same height value. I have them both set to Can Grow and Can Shrink. However, when both fields are blank, it still shows a blank line on the report (nothing else is within the height of these two cells, they are on their own "line". What might be interfering? Also set the CanGrow and CanShrink properties to Yes for the section in which these textboxes are located (perhaps the Detail section?). -- ...

Formating a text string?
I use subscripting in Excel for text cells, but would like to subscript in a text string that includes numbers. For example, I need to subscript the "x" in Standard Deviation = 0.125 lbs/hr NOx. Is there a way of doing this? Hi select this character in the formula bar and goto format - cells -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "METCO1" <METCO1@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:59975300-0600-4A98-886F-52F735F87E12@microsoft.com... > I use subscripting in Excel for text cells, but would like to subscript in a > text string that in...

text formatting #2
i have text data like this 1-58/a i want to convert thease colum like 1 58 and also extract number from this data also please help me its very important to m -- sagiraj ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sagiraju's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3273 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52752 One way: B1: =LEFT(INDEX(A:A,(ROW()+1)/2),FIND("-",INDEX(A:A,(ROW()+1)/2))-1) B2: =MID(LEFT(INDEX(A:A,ROW()/2),FIND("/", INDEX(A:A,ROW()/2))-1), FIND("-&q...

IIF Query for Numeric Values in Text Field
I’m attempting to flag interest rate spread errors and omissions in a file from a sales database using IIF statements I adapted from another database (I’m a novice at this). The field I’m querying is text format and contains both alpha and numeric values. When I test for a null value the IIF works fine, but when I test for a numeric value I get an #ERROR. Spread Error1: IIf(([Tbl 1 Eligible Closed Deposit Opps Appended]!Spread Is Null),1,0) Spread Error2: IIf(([CCC Fall 2007 Eligible Products]![IB/NIB]="NIB" And [Tbl 1 Eligible Closed Deposit Opps Appended]!Spread<4),1,0...

VBA - focus on field
Hi! I am using VBA code on the Payables transaction Entry window, to make the focus go onto the BATCH ID field as soon as an existing transaction has been selected (currently it goes to the payment terms). The problem I am having is that when the BATCH ID field gets the focus, sometimes it does not highlight the full value of the ID, so in order to change the Batch Id the user needs to double click on the field. I have noticed that this occurs when the Batch ID assigned to the selected transaction is longer than the Batch ID from a transaction selected previously. For inst...

Summer puzzle: age as text
Who will take on this summer puzzle? Just for fun? ;^) My formula below works, but it's too long for my tatste. Of course a less specific output could be generated with a short formula, but that's cheating. Best would be if there were no other cells involved. Maybe named fomulas? I haven't tried VBA yet, but it's an option... ========== This produces a sentence describing someone's age like this: John is 30 years, 9 months and 13 days old today. A1 has somebody's name B1 has his/her birth date C1 has the formula that describes the person's age in years, months an...

DateTime Fields
Hi All, We have a custom entitiy to record customer visits. There is a field for the Date of Visit. If the date of the report was Monday 12th October 2009 then this would be stored in the database as 2009-10-11 23:00:00 as it is now british summer time. However, I am trying to run a SQL report on this information, but all the dates are now out by one day. Has anyone else come across this problem. CRM is working great - it still shows the date as Monday so it is calculating what the correct date should be, I'm just not sure how to do the same for my SQL Report? Thanks in advan...

RW-Page Break on Calc Field
Does anyone know if it's possible to create a page break on a calculated field in the RW section options (or any other method)? I am modifying the PM History Dist. Detail report. I have concatenated Account Segment 2 and 3 and the combination of the two reporesent cost centers. My report works nicely, but I can't get a break (lol). Thanks in advance. -- Jim Lines Sr. Microsoft Dynamics GP Applications Consultant Certified Microsoft Dynamics GP Specialist ...

Stop a user from editing info in a text box of form already submit
-- Rosebud explain your question "rosebud" wrote: > > -- > Rosebud I have a form with a text box (Due Date) that I want the user to be able to enter a date. I want the user to be able to return to this record and edit all other fields but not this one. I know you can allow input but no editing to a form but is it possible to do the same with just one part of the form? I am new to Access and hope that I am making sense. -- Rosebud "Eric Blitzer" wrote: > explain your question > > "rosebud" wrote: > > > > > -- ...

Customized picklist fields are not showing up in the preview
hi, can you please help me out in the following situation: i have customized my crm 1.2 system in a huge manner. now all customized picklists do not show up in the preview of e.g. opportunity. opening such a related opportunity offers me the possibility to change the picklist field as wanted. note: all built-in picklist fields are showing up in the preview... tia -- Fritz Theiss Did you publish the customizations? And performed an IISReset? After those actions your changes should be visible. Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Fritz" wrote: > hi,...