Text Format

Hello,

I am using Access 2003.

I know that in Table Design view, I can set the Text Format for "all upper
case" by using the > symbol and "all lower case" by using the < symbol.

What if I want to set the Format to "all Proper Case" ?? What would be the
symbol to use in this case?

Thank you,
Mellissa

Mellissa

Unfortunately, there's no such symbol.

You shouldn't be working directly with tables anyhow. When you use a form,
you can put logic in the text box's BeforeUpdate event to use the StrConv
function (with a Conversion parameter of vbProperCase)

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Mellissa via AccessMonster.com" <u33624@uwe> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am using Access 2003.
>
> I know that in Table Design view, I can set the Text Format for "all upper
> case" by using the > symbol and "all lower case" by using the < symbol.
>
> What if I want to set the Format to "all Proper Case" ?? What would be the
> symbol to use in this case?
>
> Thank you,
> Mellissa

Douglas
5/3/2007 3:33:55 PM
Hi,

Thank you. I have enterred a code in the code builder beside BeforeUpdate.

However, I keep getting a Syntex Error message.

This is what I have enterred:

StrConv(ClientName,Conversion As VbProperCase)

I am provided with an example as I am typing which is...StrConv(String,
Conversion As VbStrConv, [LocalID As Long]

What am I missing in my equation?

I am trying to ensure the field ClientName is always Proper Case?

Thank you again ;)
Mellissa

Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>Unfortunately, there's no such symbol.
>
>You shouldn't be working directly with tables anyhow. When you use a form,
>you can put logic in the text box's BeforeUpdate event to use the StrConv
>function (with a Conversion parameter of vbProperCase)
>
>> Hello,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
>> Thank you,
>> Mellissa

Mellissa
5/3/2007 3:57:01 PM
On Thu, 03 May 2007 15:26:58 GMT, Mellissa via AccessMonster.com
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using Access 2003.
>
> I know that in Table Design view, I can set the Text Format for "all upper
> case" by using the > symbol and "all lower case" by using the < symbol.
>
> What if I want to set the Format to "all Proper Case" ?? What would be the
> symbol to use in this case?
>
> Thank you,
> Mellissa

1)  You should NOT  be entering data directly into a table.

2)  Use a form for data entry.

3)  Code the control's AfterUpdate event:
Me.[ControlName] = StrConv(Me.[ControlName],3)

4)  Note: Proper Case will NOT properly capitalize many names that
require more than one capital letter, i,e, McDonald, Trent-Jones, O'
Connor, etc., and improperly capitalize names that should not be
capitalized, i.e. van der Meer, etc.

--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

--

> Hi,
>
> Thank you. I have enterred a code in the code builder beside BeforeUpdate.
>
> However, I keep getting a Syntex Error message.
>
> This is what I have enterred:
>
> StrConv(ClientName,Conversion As VbProperCase)
>
> I am provided with an example as I am typing which is...StrConv(String,
> Conversion As VbStrConv, [LocalID As Long]
>
> What am I missing in my equation?
>
> I am trying to ensure the field ClientName is always Proper Case?
>
> Thank you again ;)
> Mellissa
>
> Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>>Unfortunately, there's no such symbol.
>>
>>You shouldn't be working directly with tables anyhow. When you use a form,
>>you can put logic in the text box's BeforeUpdate event to use the StrConv
>>function (with a Conversion parameter of vbProperCase)
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
>>> Thank you,
>>> Mellissa

Douglas

TEXT = text

GP 9.0 crashes when trying to set format of field in Report Writer
Hi all, I was trying to modify the alignment of the Check Amount in User-Defined Check 1 in Report Writer. So I clicked on the format ellipsis when GP just crashed. What could the reason be? I am running GP 9.00.0259 on Windows Vista Enterprise. This is quite urgent as user needs to print checks. Thanks in advance On May 5, 3:38=A0am, Saras <Sa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I was trying to modify the alignment of the Check Amount in User-Defined > Check 1 in Report Writer. So I clicked on the format ellipsis when GP jus= t > crashed. What could th...

Format Color for worksheet
Is there a simple way so that when I open a Excel sheet I have the first 3 rows a dark gray color, the next 3 rows a light gray, the next 3 back to dark and so on, or do I have to use the "format cells"?? -- Thank you NotGood@All See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CF.html#rows -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "NotGood@All" <NotGoodAll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01A00D95-C2A6-4256-BE80-5A2AA4DBB9A9@microsoft.com... > Is there a simple way so that when I open a Excel sheet I have the first 3 > rows a dark gray color...

Selecting text in a document

CScrollView and text height

email format #2
What should my setting be on for email format? MIME or UUENCODE? What is the difference? ...

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

formatting a spreadsheet help
I have a few different dilemas going on here. First: Can a conditional format be set up in Vista or Windows 7 both 64 bit, and saved in 97-2003 excel saving the conditional formats? Second: I have a spreadsheet column A is my received date, Column B is Stock #, Column C is Serial #, Column G is my finished date. What I need to be able to do: When I enter information into Column C (Serial #), I need some type of notification if that same number has been entered within a six month time period from my Column G (Finished date). 1. Yes. However, there are some formats which only Ex...

Ranking Numbers with Text

Null in text box

Format cell for negative
Hi I want the value that i type into a cell always to be negative thanks Hi, You need to adjust the format of the cell - this one for instance: -* #,##0_-;-* #,##0_-;_-* "-"_-;_-@_- Notice that the format starts with "-". Go to Format->Cells->Number and paste this format in the custom part. Cheers, Jon "es" wrote: > Hi > I want the value that i type into a cell always to be > negative > > thanks > Is there a specific Cell or range of cells on your worksheet that you want this? Or any and all cells on any Worksheet? "e...

Printing HTML formatted messages
I have noticed that when I print HTML formatted messages, the current date is printed in the lower left corner of every page. It also seems do ignore the Header/Footer settings form the memo or table style settings. Can I disable the date from printing out on the page? Thanks. Ben ...

Re: Using Text Styles

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...

shading behind text
I would like to place white text within a box of gray shading. When I use the 'background' function, it shades the entire document. How do I limit the background to a line of text? thanks Ken Depending on your preference I can think of at least 3 ways, but they all may not be available to you... or instructions may vary. It depends on what version of Word you're using & you haven't even indicated whether it's Windows or Mac. Since you posted to the Mac Word group I'll assume you're using a Mac version & further that it is the most current (2008):...

How to get the text of each selection?
Hi, Dear All We can use Ctrl key and mouse to multi-select range in a document, but if somebody could tell me how to get the text of each selection? Cheers! osen Sorry, it is not really possible. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=288424. The closest you can come is to use Selection.Copy, then open a new blank document and paste. The individual pieces will be separated by paragraph marks, but you can't distinguish between those and any paragraph marks that might have been in the middle of some pieces. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FA...

Text Search in for the field of memo does not workd
hello, Here is my VBA, but does not work for text search in my textbox search. Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate() Dim strSQL As String strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)" Me.Filter = strFilter Me.FilterOn = True CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError End Sub Thanks in advance for your help. -- H. Frank Situmorang You've declared strSQL, and you attempt to use its content with the Execute method, but you haven't assigned anything to it. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access M...