Text Boxes on Tabbed pages in Form

I have an entry form for a database, and it has 8 tabbed pages.  I have
recently added 2 new text boxes in order to record and gather more
information.  However, as I go through the tabbed pages, the 2 new boxes I
created show on every page.  I noticed that when I click on the page tab, all
the other boxes and fields that change from page to page have a black box,
seemingly to show that they are grouped.  I then when to Format and tried to
group in my two new boxes, but that is not an option.  I was wondering what
can be done so I can have my newly created items only appear on the first
page.  Thanks so much in advance!

The text boxes are not on a tab. Delete them and recreate them making sure
that the tab page shows the grouping.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"BUGSWorker" <BUGSWorker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an entry form for a database, and it has 8 tabbed pages.  I have
> recently added 2 new text boxes in order to record and gather more
> information.  However, as I go through the tabbed pages, the 2 new boxes I
> created show on every page.  I noticed that when I click on the page tab,
> all
> the other boxes and fields that change from page to page have a black box,
> seemingly to show that they are grouped.  I then when to Format and tried
> group in my two new boxes, but that is not an option.  I was wondering
> what
> can be done so I can have my newly created items only appear on the first
> page.  Thanks so much in advance!

0
Arvin

TEXT = text

vlookup to copy data from another tab
I have two tabs in spreadsheet. MAIN & THIRD PARTY I'm trying to update third party contact information from THIRD PARTY to MAIN by entering a POST CODE (ZIP CODE) into MAIN and for the formula to search the THIRD PARTY tab and return the name, address and contact info there. Basic info in THIRD PARTY covers NINE columns that should be copied and transferred to MAIN if the post code matches. I can get it to look but not to search the columns for the variable. I have sorted the spreadsheet into into order. Thanks in advance fro your help. David Are you using V...

How do I arrange certain pages to be two-sided?
I am preparing a handbook for printing and I would like to know if there is a way to set certain pages within the handbook to print two-sided and others to print one-sided. Is there a quick and easy way to do so or am I going to have to add blank pages to the ones I want printed one-sided? Thank you for your help. Booklets are created in multiples of four pages. Decide what page numbers you want blank and leave them that way. You will have to think ahead if the handbook is lengthy. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.co...

Selecting text in a document

CScrollView and text height

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

Ranking Numbers with Text

Publish Form elements to web?
Is there a way to publish form objects to the web? Specifically, I have a slider (or scrollbar) in my Excel doc that works great _within_ Excel. However, when I publish it to the web, everything is there EXCEPT the slider. Thanks Scott ...

Null in text box

Invoice form make new page?
I have an Invoice form and I want to create a new empty invoice form on a new worksheet if the first one is full, keeping the first one as page 1 (worksheet1). I also want to transport the ordersum from page 1 to page 2 and place it in a chosen cell for calculating the total on page 2. The total to be displayed only on page 2. Maybe It can be done with a Macro and a button to choose new page if the first one is full. Solutions anyone? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You should have worksheet set up as a blank form to copy. You can the use a macro like this (you will ha...

How to convert a Chinese registry value from within a US code page?
First of all, our Win32 MFC VC++ app is not written in Unicode as it should have been. Given that - it reads uninstall information from the windows Uninstall registry tree and writes it to a report. It writes out the displayname of the application. Normally this is not a problem, but when it encounters a Chinese application name, it displays the name as question marks. I assume this is because the string is in Unicode in the registry, but our app is not Unicode so it can't represent the characters. Unfortunately for the moment, converting this very large app to Unicode is not an o...

How to auto fill fields on subform from data on main form?
To all, I have a Main form with multiple tabs, the form is for employee information, one of the tabs a has a subform where I'll record the names of the employees children if he/she has any. The subform will work if I make the datasheet use a lookup to the employee table, but then I have to select the employee each time I want to add a record in the children subform. I changed the children table to not use the lookup to clerks on the employee name. I had the subform working, (by working I mean, I manualy had to select the employee from the lookup) but I had the subform select the emplo...

Re: Using Text Styles

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...

No password protect workbook box in Tools>Options>General
As is the case with much of this limited CD that was installed, some important features are missing. I want to password protect any given workbook. When I went to help (since the Tools>Protection didn't work) it told me to go to Tools>Options>General, and click on the box that said to password protect the workbook. As usual, this version has nothing of the sort on the General tab under Options. Now what? Why don't you get a full version if you expect full version capability? I'm at a loss... ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "MS" <...

Full Page X Report
I hope someone might find this useful. This formats the X/Z report to fit on one Full Page. Slapped together quickly but you can format it how you like using XML... http://www.newestech.com/downloads/FullPageXReport.zip Casey Hanson New West Technologies ...

OWA Form registration problem
I've been trying to make a shared form registration for all users in a private store, for use in Outlook Web Access for Exchange 2003. I can create a registration (for a named cmd on urn:content-classes:folder) in: /exadmin/admin/<domain>/mbx/SystemMailbox{GUID}/##SchemaURI##/Default which does seem to be detected by all users in the same way a private registration would be, but I can't get it to actually invoke a form template (a simple HTML file) in a shared location so that all users can access it. For example, assuming server binding and exwform.dll: * Referencing a ...

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....