Tab Index Problem

I am trying to set the tab index values for my form controls. The
problem is that even though I enter a certain value for a particular
tab index, it is not saved. It seems to be automatically reassigned.

I have tried starting from the end and assigning a high number to
those controls so that the lower indeces are available. The tab index
values for the controls throughout the form are still being reassigned
though :(

How can I get the index values that I assign to stay?

Thanks in advance for your help.
0
vegathena

Instead of trying to set the tab index, open VIEW > TAB ORDER and drag and
drop the items into the correct order.  That should get it set right for you.
--
Bob Larson
Access World Forums Super Moderator

"vegathena@gmail.com" wrote:

> I am trying to set the tab index values for my form controls. The
> problem is that even though I enter a certain value for a particular
> tab index, it is not saved. It seems to be automatically reassigned.
>
> I have tried starting from the end and assigning a high number to
> those controls so that the lower indeces are available. The tab index
> values for the controls throughout the form are still being reassigned
> though :(
>
> How can I get the index values that I assign to stay?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

Thank you so much. That works great!
0
vegathena

Problem with columns and imap
I'm having problems with the with windows live mail and the columns on my imap email account. If I change columns in the inbox the columns in the sent mail box changes to the also. How can I set the columns in each folder independently? I have no problems doing with with my pop account. Thanks in advance for any help. ...

Crashing Problem....!!
Hi, I have developed an application which has been working fine until recently. The system seems to crash now but we cannot determine why. We have a tabcontrol with a set of tabs in an SDI application. When we run the application everything works. We can switch between the tabs fine. After an undetermined time though, when we go back and try to do something the system crashed with the following in the call stack. > uxtheme.dll!5ad71531() And this is the output page. Warning: no message line prompt for ID 0x0192. First-chance exception at 0x7c81eb33 in CPGI.exe: Microsoft C++ ex...

problem with incoming mail office outlook 2003
I'm having a problem receiving mail in my office outlook... I can send mail fine from it, but I can't receive any mail into it. My outlook express sends and receives fine with the same settings. What could cause this? tia, D Do you get any error messages when receiving? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "d" <dbig@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Xns92043B48792D5dbighotmailcom@216.196.97.131... > I'm having a problem receiving mail in my office outlook... I can sen...

Problem with switchboard
Access 2007 Having Problems with switch board Line (Set.con = Application.CurrentProject).Connection halts the program and says the item is already initialized ' Open the table of Switchboard Items, and find ' the first item for this Switchboard Page. Set con = Application.CurrentProject.Connection stSql = "SELECT * FROM [Switchboard Items]" stSql = stSql & " WHERE [ItemNumber] > 0 AND [SwitchboardID]=" & Me! [SwitchboardID] stSql = stSql & " ORDER BY [ItemNumber];" Set rs = CreateObject("...

Exchange 2003 edb problems
Hi. I am having problems with one of our Exchanges. It recently stopped working and the event log pointed at the problem being the database hitting the 16Gb limit. Looking at the Priv1.edb and stm files the are adding up to 16Gb but online defraging only seems to show 150mb of white space. If I add up all the mailboxes including deleted items however, it only comes to 5Gb. I tried an offline defrag but it only reduced the stm file by the expected 150mb. Having deleted as many un-necessary emails as possible, I have reset the deleted item retention to 0, and changed the maintenan...

Vista indexing mapped drives
Hi, I am trying to add a network share to the locations that are indexed. i click 'Modify' and the 'Indexed Locations' window pops up, but at the bottom, 'show all locations' is greyed out. How can i index mapped drives? Thanks, Al On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 12:02:26 -0400, "AATech" <u2nyr@live.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am trying to add a network share to the locations that are indexed. i >click 'Modify' and the 'Indexed Locations' window pops up, but at the >bottom, 'show all locations' is greyed out...

Deployment manager problem 12-26-05
Hi. I have CRM 1.2 on Win2k3 SP1. And I can't import, export or publish customizations! For example, I'm trying to import customizations from xml file. From Deployment manager I click "Import customizations", then I select xml file and CRM says that "No errors fount etc." I click "Next", then "Add". Window "Locate IIS Web Servers" appears and hangs. That’s it! Now I can only drop the mmc process. The same happens when I’m trying to publish customizations. What is it? How can I solve this problem??? I found it by myself!!! The pro...

Evil combo box resizing problem
I use combo boxes in a resizable dialog. But I noticed that if I resize the controls (I use DeferWindowPos for flicker-free resize),and there is a matching string text in the list (for example, if the edit field contained "B", and there was "Base" string), the text in the combobox gets replaced with the matching string and the text gets selected (as if the drop-down list was opened and closed). I don't want that. How can I disable it? >I use combo boxes in a resizable dialog. > >But I noticed that if I resize the controls (I use DeferWindowPos for >...

Tab Order in a Contact Form
I created a custom form, adding both buit-in fields and custom fields to the General page. However, when I go to Layout/Tab Order, only the built-in fields that exist on the built-in Contact form show up in the list. Is there any way for me to get the other built-in and custom fields to show up in the Tab Order list? Thanks, Shannon All controls (note: not fields) should appear in the tab order, but if you put some inside a frame, that frame will have its own tab order. Select the frame, then invoked the Tab Order dialog. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues...

Combine tabs from multiple workbooks into one
I was given twelve workbooks (one for each month). Each workbook has one tab. What is the fastest way to combine the twelve workbooks (thus the twelve tabs) into a single workbook? I can open each workbook and move each tab individually, I just thought there might be a more efficient way. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. Hi Alayna See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Alayna" <Alayna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCBB3B63-84D1-48BD-86D3-7F1D72E99C1C@microsoft.com... >I was given twelve workbooks...

Weird Save Problem
Dear All I have created a pivot table in Excel 2000 and have to send it to clients who have Excel 97. When I save the file the speadsheet looses some formating (which I understand is possble going from one version to another), however in this example it saves the dropdown capabilities of the PageFields but looses it for the the ColumnFields and RowFields. Only when the RowField or ColumnField is dragged to become a PageField, does the drop down exist. Is the dropdown capability of the RowField or ColumnField only available in Excel 2000? Thanks again... Alastair > Is the dropd...

Address book problem with update
I have office 2004 for Mac- before service pack two, I had my Entourage address book, which was accessible from Word for things like mailing merges, and which sync'd with my work exchange server. Now I have two address books (and calendars for that matter), one which says "on my computer" which is blank, and one on the exchange server, which has all my contacts. The problem is from Word I can only access the "on my computer" and it has no entries. I don't want two calendars and address books/contacts. I just want one! and I want them to sync like they used to! ...

problem in retrieving data from excel report
i have reports in excel 11.0 ver on one of my friend computer.when he sent those files as attachments ,i could not see the data but some code was there.the version that i have is excel 9.0. could you please tell me where the problem is . Regards, kanth. kanth Could you open the files, but looks like gibberish? Have your friend send the email with attachments as "Plain Text" not RTF Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 10:57:03 -0800, "kanth" <kanth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i have reports in excel 11.0 ver on one of my friend computer.when h...

StretchDIBits problem
Hello. I use the StretchDIBits function 5 time by second to display a 8 bits frame (800*640) in graylevel. The function return the right value 640. My problem appear after around 98000 call of this function the function called by a thread with ON_MESSAGE & PostMessage LRESULT CDisplayFrame::RefreshFrame(WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam){ m_stretchStatus=StretchDIBits(m_dispArea.GetDC()->m_hDC,\ 0,0,Coord.right - Coord.left, Coord.bottom - Coord.top,\ 0,0,WIDTH,HEIGHT,currentDisplayFrame, MyIH,DIB_RGB_COLORS,SRCCOPY); return (true); } If I put i...

Display problem on the SubForm
Hi, I have two bounded ComboBoxes, cbxDrName & cbxDrComment, on a SubForm (MySubForm). What I want to do is when people select a name from cbxDrName, the cbxDrComment will display a certain doctor's comments for selection. It works well with the following codes if I open the SubForm by itself. Private Sub cbxDrName_AfterUpdate() Me![cbxDrComment].Requery Me![ cbxDrComment] = "" End Sub RowSource in my cbxDrComment is SELECT tbComment.DrComment FROM tbComment WHERE (((tbComment.DrName)=[Forms]![MySubForm].[cbxDrName])); If I place MySubForm on a ...

CDC
I'm drawing multiple pie-shaped regions all bounded by the same elipse (so a whole pie cut up into multiple slices). The problem is that I have to draw over the center point multiple times in order to close each individual pie-shaped region. This is causing the center point to grow in size. How can I avoid this? Is there a CPen style that accomdates this? Thanks, Jeff for(int i=0;i<m_volumes;i++) { dc.MoveTo(m_center); dc.BeginPath(); dc.AngleArc(m_center.x,m_center.y,m_radius,i*m_sweepSize,m_sweepSize); dc.CloseFigure(); dc.EndPath(); dc.StrokePath(); } ...

Exchange tasks tab on domain controllers
When we were running Exchange 2K, I could add a mailbox from any domain controller, but can't now that we've migrated to Exchange 2K3. Was this a function of connection agreements in Exchange 2K/5.5? Is there any way to re-enable this functionality? Thx. Phil: Thanks much. Is it my imagination, or are details like that hard to find? P >-----Original Message----- >On the domain controllers that are not running Exchange run the Exchange 2003 CD install on them. Install the management tools option. This will enable the tabs in AD on that domain controller. And, yes, ...

OnKeyDown & SetFocus Problem
I want to use the OnKeyDown function to catch the user input from Dialog. void CMeetingPod_RTCDlg::OnKeyDown(UINT nChar, UINT nRepCnt, UINT nFlags) { // TODO: Add your message handler code here and/or call default MessageBox("Key is Down"); CDialog::OnKeyDown(nChar, nRepCnt, nFlags); } However, It seems doesn't worked. I notice that it should be the dialog doesn't not be set focus. So, how can i use the 'setfocus' function to set the dialog foucsed? I got problem when I use this function. Thanks a lot. Hi, WM_KEYDOWN will not do for dialogs. Override...

CRM 3.0: Outlook Contact Synch Problem
When our users synch their CRM contacts with Outlook, it transfers all of their birthdays to their calendar. Since they have so many, this is a problem, especially for PDA users. Any way to turn just this feature off without shutting off the entire contact synch? ...

Icons change on IE tabs when using tabbed browsing
I've recently begun experiencing issues with the icons assigned to a site being changed on the tabs during tabbed browsing. For example, when clicking on NOAA on my favorites bar to look at weather from the NOAA site, I began getting the Wells Fargo icon on those tabs. The icon is still okay on my favorites bar, but now consistently shows the WF icon on tabs. I tried reassigning a new icon to NOAA, and it seemed okay for a while, but now I'm back to getting WF icons on NOAA tabs. This morning I had a lot of tabs open and suddenly my Fidelity icon was replaced by the Y...

WindowProc: combobox messages problem
In my CControlBar I have overridden the virtual WindowProc. The combobox on the controlbar displays correct and behaves well in runtime. Now, I spent a couple of hours trying to get some messages that I need, using WindowProc. This is needed because CControlBar will pass everything on to the controlbar owner, and that's not what I want. WindowProc is my way to intercept those messages. I already found out that the messages are, ehm, weird: their numbers do not match on related defines in winuser.h. To give an example: WM_COMMAND, 0x0003 functions as a WM_SETFOCUS. But WM_SETFOCUS is def...

Email Tracking Tab
A gentleman I work with has his setup so he can go into his Sent Items and look at the tracking tabs on the messages. He's had this setup and working for some time now, but recently this is no longer working. He has delivery and read receipts requested for anything he sends. I can't find any logical reason why he does not have the tracking tab anymore. I thought maybe it only applied to messages sent to multiple recipients, but I sent test messages and it didn't make any difference. Did he already process the returned Exchange receipts? When they are marked as read and ...

/startup problems
When booting up WinXp, sometimes a blue screen appears right before the log-in screen that says, "Windows has been prevented from starting due to an error. " some of the other things on said screen are "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA", and error stop codes that involve 0xc0000005, 0xc9464269, and ox866e208c. I've attempted system restore, but can't get back to a pt before the problem. I've also tried PC restore, but can't get to the Dell splash screen because of the damn blue one. This is an intermittent problem; sometimes it takes 7 tries to...

tab not tabbing to next cell
Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there a setting for this somewhere ? Lynn, It's trying to act like Lotus 123. Tools - Options - Transition - Transition navigation keys. Turn it off. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "lynn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:231f01c3a92f$c1d56290$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there > a setting for this somewhere ? Perfect. Thanks ! >-----Original Message----- ...

Full-Text Indexing #3
Is there a way to enable full-text indexing in an outlook client for Public Folders when the client is working offline? ...